Personal Quest rock you like a hurricane
{open}
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

They were inching closer and closer to monsoon season. Maeve knew that Safrin's shield wouldn't fail them, but a part of her needed to prepare just in case. The last thing she wanted was for Torchline to suffer because she hadn't taken things seriously. It had been her mistake in not preparing fully last season that cost them the original Halenani. She wouldn't let that happen again. Not to anyone in Torchline. The Nightshade would be sure that they'd be ready if it was needed.

There was a pile of empty sandbags, a few shovels, and a cart for them to be hauled once they were all filled. Also in the cart was a multitude of boards for windows, nails, and hammers. They would have plenty of work ahead of them, but Maeve was confident they could get it done in a day. As long as she had help.

Until that helped arrived, Maeve wasn't going to waste any time. She grabbed a shovel and got to work filling up the first of many bags.

This is a PQ to prepare for the monsoons!

Write yourself arriving and start filling sandbags!

1. Maeve
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
There’s a part of him that wholly trusts his goddess to have enacted the shields for the monsoons of Torchline, but there’s another withdrawn part, likely from how he was raised, that wouldn’t believe such a thing until he sees it. So he sees the post about needing help preparing Torchline for monsoons, and Sunjata’s experienced in that regard if for nothing else.

So of course he shows up. A quick nod is given to Maeve, a slight dip of his chin after he greets her when he speaks. “Figured I could help out while I’m around.” An able body at the very least before Torchline’s storms begin, and with that being said, he grabs one of the bags to prop it open and a shovel as well to begin putting sand within the bag.

Sunjata arrives and starts to fill a sandbag!
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
knew what she was doing when she invited the wild in
When Melita had agreed to assist Maeve, she hadn’t expected Sunjata to be there. She presumed her uncle would keep to the wings and eaves of King’s End, back and forth on whatever suited him at the pressing time. Not amidst Torchline again. She considered the weight of it all as her stride swept her along, as her eyes took in the familiar form.

She could keep the peace. She could. And if she told herself that enough time, it might come true. Their discussions and talks while she visited kept the emboldened fixtures downward, at the very least.

“Hey,” she motioned towards both with a wave, before snagging at one of the shovels. Though she’d rarely been around for the monsoons, due to the Ark’s traveling schedule, the aftermath of prior events hadn’t left her mind. Even if Safrin’s shields remained, there was no harm in eager, early preparation. Thereafter, she began to fill up one of the bags with sand, dumping the granules into the artifact.

--

Melita comes to help and starts filling a sandbag.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve gives both of them a smile as they approach, "Thanks for coming to help. I'm hoping it won't be necessary, but it never hurts to prepare." She says, turning her attention back to her sandbag. However, as all three of them begin to fill their bags they're met with a rather unwelcome surprise. Each bag rips at the bottom as soon as they lift them to tie them off. Maeve heaves a sigh, straightening up and putting her hands on her hips, "Knew I should have bought some new ones. I'll sort through and reinforce what we have. You two can fill the ones that are good to go."

The Nightshade kneels next to their pile and starts separating them into two different piles. Ones that need to be mended and ones that are good for sand. She starts fixing the bags that need it, pulling out the heavy wax thread and needle she brought for this very occasion.

We all failed that roll!

Maeve is fixing the bags and Sunjata and Melita can fill the ones that are good to go!

No posting order.
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hey heuningby.” Sunjata rumbles to Melita in greeting, something softer in his tone – pushing aside any differences because he’s trying to be better and he hopes that with the combination of her arrival and company in the form of Maeve, it goes easier. His attention returns to Maeve as they get to work, though, an agreement under the sentiment that it’s far better to be safe than sorry. They’ve all learned that mistake more than once.

So he starts to fill his bag, and the second he goes to move it the bottom tears out and the sand slips out from the bag back into the pile. He frowns slightly but Maeve’s quick to respond while Sunjata realizes that they’ve all fumbled with their bags and it wasn’t just him. Easy enough, he supposes, slipping the bag from the pile of sand and adding it to a spot to either be mended or discarded, grabbing a reinforced bag to begin filling it again. “It happens.” He assures Maeve, tossing her an easy smile and a shrug.

Sunjata discards his current bag and grabs a mended one and begins to fill it!
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maybe Melita was maturing, because her first instinct wasn’t to bristle, scorch, or fume when the bag burst. Instead, she snorted, thinking she’d applied too much force or weight behind the movement, but when her eyes wander over to everyone else’s, it seemed to take hold in a ripple effect. Weakened fabric, perhaps, dampened by other notions and prior circumstances. Regardless, the sand slid right back through, and she shook her head as she took it over to Maeve, placing it in the to be repaired pile.

Thereafter, drifting along on her own towards another proportion of sand, and hopefully with a satchel that would make do, the honeybee proceeded to try and fill the adornment again.

--

Melita tries to fill a new bag!
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It all goes fairly well. Maeve flies through mending and repairing all the bags. Soon there is a large pile for Sunjata and Melita to pick from for their own project. Melita doesn't have any other issues as she begins to fill her bags. With practiced ease the honeybee girl fills up bag after bag after bag. They're all piled up and tied off, ready to be loaded into the wagon.

Sunjata isn't so lucky. He manages to fill a few bags, but the wind picks up, swirling around in a few dust devils. It sweeps into his eyes, temporarily making it hard to see, eyes stinging. Maeve winces, "I think we need just a few more sand bags, but we can load up what we have. Then we can move on to boarding up windows."

One last round of sandbags. Lowr up and fill the last bags!

No posting order!
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They work relatively in tandem to start filling the bags, and at first Sunjata imagines that this is going to be easy. He sees how well Melita’s doing with filling the bags and a part of him is positive that he’s going to be able to do just as well as she is – only he’s suddenly wrong when the wind picks up and he looks up just in time to get face to face with a dust devil full of sand, and he doesn’t manage to close his eyes in time to keep the sand from getting in them.

The shovel falters in his grasp and he reaches up to block his eyes with a muttered “Fokkoff.” He grits his teeth, reaching up to brush the sand from around his face, before he blinks to try and get the sand out – shovel placed in the pile of sand and out of the way as he tries to clear himself up. Wings extend out from his back, leathery and draconic, trying to block any more of the wind that might come his way.

Sunjata pauses in filling the bags to try and get the sand out of his eyes :/
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
A light hum began to stir along her tongue as she worked; completely unbothered this time. The new bag worked well, and the fixtures, fabric, held tight and fast. The honeybee was able to fill up the bag in no time, content with the work – only snorting lightly as she could hear her uncle sputtering and cursing along. “What happened now?” She uttered under the pretense of trying not to laugh, apparently missing the entire charade with the dust devil.

Thereafter, besides arching a brow at Sunjata, the youth snagged at another bag, and then went to load up the containers. “There you go!”

--

Mel checks in with Sunjata, then loads up her sand bags.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve winces on behalf of Sujata as he's hit with the rush of sand. "You okay?" She calls over to him, shifting closer so he might help with the last bit. The Nightshade holds the bags in place so Sunjata can finish filling them up. Between the two of them and Melita, the task is taken care of after a few minutes longer, leaving them simply to load up the bags in the cart. The three of them stack them all easily, lining the back of the cart in front of the wooden planks and other tools for their remaining tasks.

"Jata, if you want to shift to pull the cart that would be helpful. We'll start with the Hanged Man and go from there." They'd lay out sandbags and board up windows at all the major spots. Maeve climbs into the back after helping hook Sunjata up to the cart once he shifts. It doesn't take them long to get to the Hanged Man as it is the closest. Once they're there, Maeve starts unloading the bags, lining up a few at the necessary places.

Unload the bags and start boarding up windows!
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
you'll find the cross only fits when your hands and feet are nailed to it
Fine.” Sunjata rumbles back toward Maeve, blinking out the sand from his eyes (a few tears too because holy shit that hurts). He sniffles for a second, the tears to his eyes causing his nose to run. “Het sand in my fokken oë gekry.” He directs toward Melita, squinting over at her while he fans his wings a fraction to get the sand a bit further away from him.

He fills his bags and Maeve’s question is directed entirely toward him – the only one in the group here that could shift, and he simply nods. It takes little time for him to put away the partially shifted wings and to replace his tall stature with that of the nyala, horns curling up from his skull and long striped fur poking up from his spine, stepping into the harness to get strapped in. The second everything and everyone’s loaded up, he pushes through – stalling by the Hanged Man, shifting back into himself in a heap of straps and buckles – working to untangle himself before he can start on unloading.

Sunjata hauls the cart to the Hanged Man and works to untangle himself before he starts unloading bags

SUNJATA
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
The alteration in speech caused her head to tilt, eyes glancing back towards Maeve, before continuing onwards. Ensuring everything else was loaded, they meandered towards the Hanged Man, with the honeybee pondering if the antelope shift had been the best approach. She wouldn’t know personally, considering she’d never been capable of altering her body into an animal, but she shrugged her shoulders, carrying on.

Then, of course, when they finally got there, her uncle hadn’t the ability to get out of the cart. Struggling not to laugh again, different from biting and grinding her teeth down at his antics, she stepped forward, ignoring the sandbags and windows requiring boards, for the moment. ”Ek kan help.

--

Melita goes to get Sunjata out of the cart.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve didn't speak Sunjata's language, but she knew enough to pick up on what was being said between him and Melita. She leaves the honeybee girl to get Sunjata out of the straps. Thankfully neither of them get tangled up. He's out in moments and they're all unloading the necessary sandbags. Maeve moves to the boards next, unloading enough for the front windows primarily, along with the nails and hammers.

"Let's focus on the side facing the water. That usually gets the most wind and damage." She says, knowing the other two are aware of what they need to do, but providing the direction anyway so they could work together efficiently.

Board up the windows!
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Dankie, Mel.” Sunjata offers to her with a brief ghost of a smile, using her help to untangle himself and step out of the straps and buckles. When he finally manages it with her help, he’s free to help offload the bags, and when Maeve mentions to focus the side facing the water, Sunjata grabs a few boards and snags a hammer and handful of nails to get started boarding up the side that faces the water.

There’s a lot of him that hopes that the shield works, that Torchline gets nothing more than a slight gusty wind rather than the damaging storms of previous years, but it’s always best to be safer than sorry and he’s far more content to help board up the windows rather than sit at home in King’s End and wonder. Perhaps he’ll have to come back during monsoon season to find out. Regardless, he works to set up the boards, holding a few between his teeth, and uses the hammer to nail the boards into place.

Sunjata grabs all the things he needs and starts hammering the boards into place!