a blank piece of paper
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i'm not the man they think i am at home
Once upon a time, Remi's handwriting was perhaps the most elegant thing about him. The most surprising, too, for some who might not have expected a commoner to be able to write so beautifully (the construction of the letters, mind you, not the content of the words themselves). Now even writing a simple sentence was taking an age. Trying to decide if it would be best to force himself to become left-handed or if he could make do with three fingers instead of five, Remi sits looking furious and exasperated at the clunky letters and ink-stained parchment before him.

Pausing to press his fingers against his eyes, Remi opts to take his anger out on the parchment instead of taking a few deep breaths as he'd originally intended. Scrunching the paper into a ball and throwing it at the wall (the harmless plit it made only fueling the alchemist's annoyance), Remi rakes his fingers through his curls before letting his forehead fall forward to lean against the table. Where, predictably, a puddle of ink has formed. Oria, enjoying all of this, has begun finger-painting using the spilled ink, using Remi's arms as her canvas.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
you are terrifying and strange and beautiful
Remi writes (or fails to); Ronin hunts. It's a wet day in the Greatwood, but the banks are holding well so far thanks to their efforts, and Ronin ducks into the houseboat with a sprig of peppermint bark between his teeth and a few rabbits slung over his shoulder. "I got lunch," he says around the bark, working on depositing the rabbits down and shrugging out of his wet coat. "It's muddy out there," he complains, having left his boots by the door.

"Oh, are you napping?" This he says when he finally glances across at his husband with his ink and parchment and his forehead on the table. "...Or dead?" Taking the sprig from between his lips, he moves to gently prod Remi with it, as if he might be able to discern more from this.
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi hears the door open, smells peppermint and blood mingling with the familiar scent of his husband, and sighs. "Dead." The alchemist laments grumpily, swatting with an inky hand toward the spear of peppermint.

Lifting his head with what appears to be monumental amounts of effort, Remi regards his husband for a brief moment of genuine bliss, before his expressions sours. 'I was writing a letter. Or, I was trying to.' He clarifies quickly, as if this small act of humility might bring the paper to life such that it could assist in his task. "But not only can I not write anymore, I can't even think of how to begin." Remi explains, sighing and inching the parchment toward Ronin so that the Huntsman might read the names Wessex, and Neron at the top of the pages.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With a noise that holds no words but still manages to convey outrage, Ronin pulls his peppermint bark away from Remi's inky fingers. And when he lifts his head, showing a similarly ink-splotched face, the Huntsman has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep a straight face. It's made easier, granted, by Remi's expression, and he melts into a smile and a quick kiss to a (clean) cheek as he listens.

"Oh? That doesn't sound like you," he says of being tongue-tied, though he can at least understand the difficulty in writing. Moving to nudge another log or two into the burner and set the kettle atop it so he can make tea, Ronin slouches into the seat beside the Lullaby and tilts his head at the names. "Ah. Those letters," he hums under his breath, before giving Remi a gentle nudge with his elbow. "Would you like me to play scribe? My writing isn't nearly as beautiful as yours, but it's legible."

As for how to begin, "What if we try 'never touch our relics again'? Too much?"
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Always appreciative of Ronin's small displays of affection no matter how bristly Remi could be, the Lullaby smiles in the wake of the kiss. Tapping his fingers (all two of them, his thumb didn't really count) on the table as Ronin fusses with the fire Remi had forgotten all about, the alchemist shakes his head slightly. "Not those letters. Or..." Frowning down at the parchment and realizing that what he had to say might be all the more difficult given what had recently happened in Halo, Remi leans back in his chair already looking defeated.

"These were supposed to be, "Can I have some of your fluid" letters. I was thinking of...for Wessex anyway, trying to say that I'd helped her in the past, and that if the ascended weren't planning on coming into the Greatwood anyway, what was the harm?" Tapping the parchment with Neron's name, Remi bites the inside of his cheek. "For Neron I ... was trying to think of how to nicely phrase I'll kill you if you say no."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
As Remi speaks, Ronin has already gotten comfortable in his chair and has picked out two clean pieces of parchment to eventually transcribe the letters onto. The inkstained ones can be used as scrap for ideas and, after delicately cleaning off the quill, Ronin dips it into the pot of ink (or any stray puddle of it) and jots down what Remi has said into bulletpoints beneath each of the names.

"Even for Wessex, will you accept no for an answer? And do we want to address what happened at the Sea of Glass at the same time?" He winces, gazing down at the parchment. Ronin's handwriting is neat and pleasing to look at, befitting of any baron, but leans towards the practical (ex-soldier, guilty as charged). "It's not really a can I have, either, is it? It's more a warning that you're coming to get it, and they can either make it easy or difficult..."
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'I don't know.' Remi mumbles, pressing his fingertips between his eyes and leaving clear whorls and lines connecting his eyebrows when he lets his hand fall back to the table. "I am not sure I would have done anything differently had we not had the upperhand. I would have attacked them to get the relic had it come to that." Though perhaps it should be addressed. Even a simple so I guess this is where we are now.

"I could offer them both to bite me, I suppose." Remi mutters, grimacing. The thought of Neron Launceleyn biting him made his stomach flop unhappily. "Or I could lie." He adds with another shrug before glancing to Ronin. "We need their fluid to protect the Greatwood. If there was...a more non-violent solution I would choose it, but I am not sure that there is."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You are absolutely going to need a shower later," Ronin remarks, unable not to be distracted by the unintentional picture Remi is painting on his face (it matches the one Oria is making on his forearm at least). "It's a difficult situation to be sure, but... this isn't really any different, is it? You can take the fluid by force if you need to... It would just be easier if they were amicable." Sighing, the Huntsman leans back in his seat a bit.

"I don't know if they would believe the lie," he admits. "Do you think Isla has spoken to them?" He prepares internally for the reaction the Remedy's name might cause, Ronin pursing his lips and shaking his head down at the parchment. "You could offer, but I... I wonder if they would take advantage while you were distracted," he mutters. "...I should come with you."
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Blankly, Remi regards the Huntsman. "Nnnn?" He wonders, unsure what showering has to do with anything.

"I more meant a...If you do this now, I will help you in the future, sort of lie." Remi clarifies, though they'd probably not believe that, either. At least with a bite things were more transactional. Everyone got what they wanted right away. Mention of Isla has Remi stiffening noticeably, his jaw tension as he glares down at the table. "Probably." He replies as evenly as he can, still hurt and confused about their last encounter.

"Take advantage?" Raising a brow and trying not to look at smug as he feels about the idea that they could somehow overpower him, Remi shakes his head. "How?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Just... I'll tell you about it later," Ronin says, smiling sweetly and doodling with the quill on the spare picture. (It's a doodle of a manticore biting the head of a giant dinosaur, what of it). "Oh, I see," he continues with a gentle nod, though the look on his face tells Remi everything about the fact that he agrees, unfortunately; they'd never buy it.

He senses the tension rippling through his husband just as the kettle starts to whistle, Ronin rising to his feet and letting his fingers ghost over Remi's hand as he goes, injecting as much warmth and steady strength as he can. "Well, if they know you're coming and they know what for, they could always ambush you while you're busy with the bite," he mutters.

"I know none of them could overpower you one on one, but a bunch of people knifing you in the important places all at once could be inconvenient. It might not kill you, but it could keep you out of action for a while."
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Preferring Ronin's doodles to the conversation they're having, Remi presses one of his fingertips past his lips and against a tooth that has grown extremely sharp. Puncturing the skin, the Lullaby reaches over and smears the dinosaur with blood.

'You say that like I wouldn't be able to take them all on at once.' Remi calls over his shoulder and Ronin silences the kettle. 'Wessex is the only one I would have to worry about.' What were the likes of Isla and Varus going to do? Needle him? Oh, but Isla...she actually could kill him. The thought occurs to him slowly, freezing whatever warmth Ronin's touch had managed to inject.

"So then...I just tell them that the easy way is trading a shift for their fluid, and the hard way is..." The hard way was just being himself, he supposed.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Smirking at the addition of the blood, Ronin is satisfied with his doodle and pushes the scrap paper aside, feeling as though they're almost at the point where they can write the real letters despite the difficulty of their conversation. "I have no doubt that you could," he says, and for all of his levity about it, Ronin is serious. "I just don't think you should have to. And if I go with you, at least someone can be there to watch your back while they're shift stealing."

And I can deal with the boner afterwards goes unsaid, but it's what he really means.

"That's pretty much all you can say, I think," Ronin agrees with a sigh, returning to the table with two cups of tea that smells as though he's definitely added a splash of whiskey to it. "Offering a trade is a really good idea though," he says. "It's not something for nothing, that way. And if they don't want it... well, that's their choice."
The huntsman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I guess that means we won't be meeting with them in the Grounds." Remi agrees, absently shuffling around the parchment as his lips curl around unsaid words. "What are your thoughts on asking Nate instead of Wessex?" He asks, turning around as Ronin returns with their Adult Beverages. "I had always thought Wessex would be more reasonable about it all given what has happened between Nate and I...but with you and Sunjata..." And since Nate wasn't immortal, maybe there was a lower chance of fuckery.

Inhaling deeply enough to make his lungs protest, Remi reaches for his teacup with his right hand. It isn't that he needs his extra fingers for this so much as their loss has dramatically changed his grip strength on this side, such that even balancing the cup was difficult. "This is proving far more annoying than I thought it was going to." He grumbles.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Trying not to choke on his own spit at the sheer testicular fortitude of his husband (he was going to meet them in the fucking Grounds of all places?), Ronin manages a nod and a slurp of far too hot tea. "I guess not," he wheezes. While his lungs calm down he considers the pros and cons of Nate > Wessex, and eventually he gives a gentle nod.

"I... if you want to try with Nate, I can definitely frame it better. Jata is more likely to agree, it would be something of an olive branch because he can get a shift from you, and Nate is somewhat detached from all of this anyway. I think that could be a good idea," he says slowly. "But I'd probably leave the part about taking it by force if he says no. You can always try Wessex with that ultimatum if it comes to it."

Glancing up as Remi fumbles with the cup, Ronin offers him a sympathetic smile. "Maybe Ludo can make you some ghost fingers," he jokes.
The huntsman