more than ruins
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The Sword had been very careful about his promises. Duties and pledges aligned instinctually towards eventually getting back to the mountains, rankling the power structure to their liking once more, and everything else nestled in between had been conspired in airs of liberation and deliverance. Perhaps it’d been a mistake to snag at the newest responsibility, to ensure another foundation didn’t collapse under absences. Maybe this wasn’t something else he should’ve taken on. But Deimos preferred to be busy – it was just the potential abandonment of King’s End, and their small settling of land that left him adrift.

He hadn’t given word to Cordelia or Noah yet, not until he’d met with Maeve and figured out the parameters due to come up in conversation. So instead of bowing his head to the weight threatening its way back up his shoulders, he held it high and aloft, marching diligently towards the Court – at which the opulence nearly made him laugh.

The soldier presumed Safrin had been enthralled with it – it represented her in a myriad of ways. Nodding towards several attendants showing him the way, notes sent ahead of time to sang at some appointment time with Maeve, his eyes flickered and followed after columns, stairs, and evening gardens. Only once he reached the designated door to the sovereign’s office did he knock, a reverberating echo against the surface.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The note is a surprise. The Nightshade had thought they hit it off rather well when they ran into each other at the Peepholes, but she didn't expect a visit from the Sword. Especially not one requesting her time after she'd already spoken with Noah. Still, Maeve didn't deny his request for time. No matter how surprising it might have been. The knock is anticipated as Aidon's head snapped up at the sound of approaching footsteps, recognizing the smell of the soldier with a flare of his nostrils, trilling softly in his throat to get Maeve's attention just as the knock sounded against the wood.

With a soft breath, the queen pushed herself up, drifting towards the door and pulling it open with a gentle smile. She peered up at the taller man, head having to tilt back with the motion, "Deimos, come in. I was expecting you." The Nightshade motioned with her hand towards the cozy sitting area that was arranged on the other side of her room, away from her main desk. Maeve didn't often treat her meetings with the formality of sitting at her desk. Not unless it was absolutely necessary.

While the Sword might of been here on business, Maeve wasn't so quick to assume such formalities necessary. Instead she settled on the couch, crossing her legs as Aidon stretched, the large dragon trotting up to the man and giving his hand a sniff then a nudge. "What brings you by? Nothing troubling, I hope."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He didn’t wait long – barely having a moment to glance at the door before it swung open, revealing the sovereign. Nodding his head in greeting and respect, his long strides swept him forward, and into the room – another few careful, scrutinizing glances sent along its reaches by way of habit. Soldier through and through, no matter the circumstances yielding him in one direction or another.

Which led him to this interval – though he strayed momentarily due to the dragon distracting him. I did not bring Belial he mentioned by way of some semblance of an apology; the peryton would likely have ruined something in the court, and that really wasn’t what he needed to deal with today. Instead though, he offered a few stray jerky treats from his pockets, extending them out to the companion.

Thereafter, he noted Maeve’s informal motions, his gaze straying from the desk, and back to the sitting arrangements. With an inward snort, he grabbed a chair, and settled into it. “Depends on your definition of troubling,” he finally answered with the curl of a small smile. “But thank you for meeting with me. I have been given news that the Monster Hunter’s Guild was going to disband if no one was available to run it. I said I would do so.” Because he was apparently a glutton for responsibility and not enough weight placed on his shoulders. “However, I cannot go back to Halo at the moment,” for obvious reasons. “So I was wondering if I would be able to join Torchline, and potentially run the guild from here.” The details laid out, for the most part, Deimos drew back into his silence. There could be plenty of grounds for refusal – given his past decisions – or acceptance, based on a number of other things.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

A soft snort came from the dragon at the Sword's words, making his unhappiness at the lack of playmate known, but he is soothed with the offer of treats. Aidon took them gently from the outstretched hand despite his size before trotting back towards his bonded, climbing up onto the couch like an overly large puppy dog, curling up against her side with his head resting on her thigh. The Nightshade doesn't falter as her hand settled on top of his head, rubbing lightly at the ridges between his eyes with the tips of her fingers, a faint smile on her lips at the Sword's quip. "It seems to change day by day at times." She hummed, jade eyes regarding him curiously as her head tilted, a dark brow arching as he pressed on.

The Nightshade didn't know much about the Monster Hunter Guild other than it being based in Halo originally. The woman wasn't much of a hunter herself and therefore never gave it much mind, but with a war coming and with it a threat of more than just Ascended, Maeve couldn't help thinking that it wouldn't hurt having such a thing around. The fact that he would be leading it was all the better. He had already made a vow to her before not to take any violent actions towards her land, giving her his word all those weeks ago at the Peepholes. Given that this was Safrin's land and he one of her followers, Maeve had no doubt that there would be repercussions for him if he did so and not just from her.

A soft sound of understanding rose in her throat at the mention of Halo, head dipping with a nod, "I see... I've never been one to turn a person in need away. Even without benefiting from their plans. You're as welcome here as any. This land is Safrin's and by extension, a place of refuge for you." She began, fingers pausing in their movements on the top of Aidon's head, "Will you need a base of operations? Will anyone else be joining you here?" Her mind flickered briefly to the charred building in town that had yet to be repaired and a part of her thought it might be in bad taste to offer it up to him now, given that he was the one who destroyed it along with Ru in the first place, but perhaps he could simply rebuild it to what it was before if only to change the purpose for the upstairs portion for something much more appropriate.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He watched the dragon accept the treats almost half-heartedly, causing an inward snort as the companion meandered away. Then there was only the waiting, the telltale arch of his brow lowering to that of natural stoicism. When the semblances did arrive, there was only the slightest tilt of his head, calculations already concocting something else. “Thank you. Your hospitality is generous and appreciated.” The Sword considered a weight in his mind, before persisting in it, ensuring some manner of vows were still employed and arranged. “If there is a time where we make a move on Halo, Torchline will not be a part of it. I will remove myself well before then.”

As for the base of operations, Deimos had seen plenty of buildings along the way – inquiring and nosey to a fault, pondering all the various entryways and abandonment of several. “We will, but I can find something not already in use.” As for the others, he nodded, then shrugged, the uncertainty barreling forth only because he didn’t want to answer for them. “Possibly. But I will need to talk to them first.” Discussing matters with Maeve had been a preliminary meeting, in case she refused them, and there would have to be other alternatives called upon.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A soft hum pushed past her lips, another nod offered at his words, "I'll hold you to it. As long as none of my people are brought into such a conflict then all is well. However, should there be need for aide, I'll try my best to offer what I can." The Nightshade said firmly, hoping he took her word for what it was, knowing that offering such a thing wasn't to be done lightly.

As for the building. Well, she had some thoughts about that too. "There are plenty that are empty, but there is one that is a bit of an eyesore. I'm sure you don't have to guess which given that it exists in this state partially because of you." There isn't any malice in her tone. No ill will or intent to irritate the Sword. She's simply stating the truth. "I will let you set up base there if you're willing to clean it up and rebuild. The others are more than welcome, too." She thought it was a fair trade given all that had happened.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
“I give you my word.” Another nod to solidify the vow, and keeping hers in the back of his mind, tucked away in case of future need and use. Based on the intricacies of the way life here worked, there was no telling in which circumstances they’d find themselves in.

He had the briefest notion of widening his eyes in slight surprise as irony twisted a volley back upon him. The formidable eyesore, brutalized and bombarded by Ru and himself, would be the building up for grabs. He hadn’t glanced its way in some time – not since he’d been banished, tending to keep away from the memories of great foolery, and in some way, a suitable punishment and effort had landed squarely on his shoulders.

He ducked his head downwards for a moment, as if drawing into some measure of regret. Inwardly though, a raw, deviant chuckle began to form in his lungs. Taking long breaths, as if swallowing down rue and remorse, the Sword glanced back upward to the sovereign, permitting the same residual stoicism as before. “Understandable,” and already his thoughts were churning, melding, molding into other parameters and particulars – tending to its furtive exploits for later. “I can do that. Thank you.”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He gives his word and makes his vow. Maeve takes it for what it is, nodding her acceptance of it with a soft smile. Her expression does shift, however, as his eyes widen and he dips his head. Something of a smirk curls on her lips, knowing and full of mirth, knowing the thought that is surely running through his mind. Maeve shifts in her seat, crossing her legs as she leans back, a hand resting on her thigh. "I'm sure you won't disappoint. Let me know if you need anything else, Deimos. I'll offer any aid you need in this particular task."

The Nightshade says with a little hum, standing and extending her hand to the Sword, whether it was for a handshake or not was unclear. Still, it hung there, waiting for him to take it so she might lead him back to the door from whence he came. However she paused, a thought seeming to occur to her, "I would ask for one more thing... If you'd be so inclined." The Nightshade looked up at him, expression thoughtful, "I'm aware of your abilities when it comes to creation magic and I was wondering if you could give my current weapon a little extra oomph. In return for all of this, of course."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
An accustomed, self-deprecating line threatened to slip from his thoughts (for he’d disappointed many people in his lifetimes), but instead, he pushed it away. Perhaps it could be different, altered, manifested not in thwarted, frustrating ventures, but skill and tact, power and might. Better than before. So with a nod, his hand raised to meet hers in a more determined shake, he believed the notions of the meeting adjourned, the stipulations set. All he’d need to do was gather those interested, and put a lot of work into a place he’d once bitterly, dangerously, transfigured.

He turned towards the door when she seemed to reflect on something else, and his head tilted, massive frame twisting back mid-step. A call to adjustments in items, creation fruitions and footfalls. Transactional – and that he could surmise and comprehend quickly, efficiently, with another brusque dip of his head. “Depends on the item and what you want.” Some contorted by deities had already reached their maximum potential. Others, not so much.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Do you recall the whip I used when we faced that molten tiger? It was created by Safrin, but it hasn't yet to reach its full potential." The Nightshade moved away from him, back towards her desk where she retrieved the weapon in question, holding the coiled whip in hand. Maeve approached once more, offering the item out to him so he might take a look. "I understand if this is beyond your realm, but I figured I would ask before approaching our goddess."

There would be no hard feelings if he said no, of course. She understood that some things simply were beyond what they were capable of on their own. This might be one of them and that wouldn't be his fault.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The Sword did recall the particular weapon – considering its elements were a favorite of his own. His hands took the whip, another make and model anointed by Safrin – arching his brow as he held the weapon reverently, upright, in his palm. “Best not let her hear you say that,” more of a joke extended than anything else, but both of them would know the confidence and worth of the starry deity. Closer inspection, a hum of magic and incantations in his veins, allowed the possibilities at his disposal, and it wasn’t nothing or beyond his capabilities. He snorted at the last insinuation, but offered the diligent conclusion thereafter, not instigating his particular incantations without the permission to move forward. “I can make the range longer,” fingers ghosting over the portions of the lash. “If you find that suitable.”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A huff of a laugh pushed past her lips as they twitched into a smile, "Of course not. Safrin was blessed me with a weapon that's beyond anything I've had before. I'm grateful for all she has done for me and will surely continue to do." The words come easily from her, the conviction obvious in her voice as she passed the whip over to him, letting him inspect the weapon to see what he can do.

The offer is a good one and she found herself nodding in agreement. "A longer reach is good. Anything that helps me maintain distance from my enemies." That paired with the boost to her speed that Safrin was going to give her would surely help her in the coming seasons.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He arched a brow back at the response, smiling slightly, but then furrowing his brow, concentrating on what was required once she’d accepted the outline. “Enemies? Have you made yourself some then?” A hint, an inkling, of a joke, given the boyish inclination on his features returning for an instant (perhaps she meant more of the molten tigers) – before magic began to infuse, pulse, and pervade the space between his hands.

Gilded traces formed over the lash for mere instances, quick and concise, practical and efficient; no need for his usual adornments and ornamentation, when it had already been christened and anointed by the starry deity. Instead, he wove his threads into its hold, until the form elongated slightly, five feet or so; if Maeve proved sufficient with its armament, then yes, her adversaries would be kept back, or set aflame, within a wider range. And while he worked, mind constantly in motion, his eyes narrowed a fraction, glancing downward at the item as he spoke. “Did you hear that a LongNight monster made it to Halo?”

--

Deimos has upgraded:

Type: Light
Pheonix Whip | A magical 15ft whip that creates a small sonic boom and ignites the phoenix feather on its tip when snapped to cause fire damage. When not in use, the feather on the end looks like smouldering embers but is not hot.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A hint of a laugh bubbled out of her, lips quirking into a smile as she looks up at him, shrugging her shoulders almost nonchalantly, "One or two." The Nightshade teased, jade eyes dropping to his hands, watching him focus on the weapon in his grasp as he began to infuse it with his magic. There is a buzz in the air and she took a breath, noting the way it made the hairs on her arms stand on end, prickling at the base of her skull.

The question has her eyes snapping up to him, brows knitting together in concern, shaking her head. "I heard nothing about that. Morgan hasn't reached out to me once since taking over Halo again. Not that she reached out before." The Nightshade's lips pursed, jaw feathering as she crossed her arms over her chest, a tightness in her chest at the news.