5 card poker on a saturday night
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
How do I learn my dreams to mold
To lay them bare in the morning cold?
Remi felt strangely calm, but in a worrying way. His mind had laid things out too clearly, offering up two paths: either Nate kicked him in the balls in exchange for his fluid, or Remi beat him until he agreed. (Or until he was unconscious and his fluid could be taken anyway). But having recently decided to try and be more likable, the alchemist was aware of the fact that really, he should be able to consider more than these two stark alternatives.

As he thought about it though, nothing came to mind.

With a nod to Ronin, a quick kiss, and with each of them promising they'd try not to murder their corresponding Wrenzoak, Remi turns to the door, hesitates, swallows, and then knocks.
If they're still out there then the chasm grows
For all you know, for all you've known
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

It’s not exactly impressive to say that Nate has been sitting up all night waiting for this moment, but… well, he had. Had even managed to take his contemplative silence through his morning routine, a pot of coffee brewed and waiting for their guests, Sunjata’s head pulled onto his shoulder while they wait, a smoke shared between them.

The Nate who answers the door is starkly different from the one who spoke to Remi last. A single brow cocks toward the Lullaby, but Nate doesn’t say a word until Sunjata shuffles past them. Blue eyes follow after the new Demi-god until he disappears around the corner of the house, Nate lifting a hand to push short curls back out of his face and waiting until he hears the crack of a blow.

He nods, then steps to the side, jerking his head inside. “Andiamo dentro, cornuto.” They step directly into the kitchen, the smell of coffee and something sweet baking surrounding them. “I got some questions before I make a choice.” A tough laugh huffs out of him as he sets two mugs on the counter. “As much as I even get a choice.
I got my fingers crossed you'll catch something baby
Cause I just threw myself at you
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
Sunjata brushes passed but the Lullaby hardly spares him a glance. Ronin's second-hand ire is nearly palpable and Remi knows that if he stews in it too long, it'll taint the patience and calm he's been trying to maintain for himself. The sound of a punch though has him stiffening and turning a curious eye toward Nate, wondering if it would change things. If this would prove to be a fight amongst demigods.

"Come potrei rifiutare un'offerta così gentile?" Remi wonders sarcastically but trails behind Nate just the same. Trying not to take notice of anything that didn't immediately demand his attention, Remi finds himself with his hands (safely) in his pockets and his gaze somewhere on the counter. "You have a choice." The Lullaby remarks casually. "It's just that they all have the same outcome, more or less."

Pulling one hand out—his ruined right hand, short three fingers—and roll his wrist. "Questo dovrebbe essere buono." He mumbles of Nate's QueStIonS.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

A snort leaves Nate, his head shaking while he fills the mugs. “Se qualcuno potesse trovare un modo, quello sei tu.” A full cup of black coffee is set in front of Remi, a show of being civil and welcoming. A play at being the bigger person, as if he really cares about that.

The outcome being you get what you want.” Nate points out before he takes a sip of coffee, unblinking eyes locked on the Lullaby. His tongue pokes out between his lips, catching an errant drop and showing off fangs as Nate shifts, leans against the counter. “Must be nice, living like that.

Remi’s tone immediately has Nate’s back up, his face twisting in a sneer. “Cristo, sei una stronza. Come può qualcuno sopportarti?” He bites the words out, his real snarl muzzled, at least a little. As much as he hates this, he does want to avoid getting his face ripped off. His next words come out muffled by the hand that’s rubbing across his mouth, the Demi-god barely clinging on to civility. “È per un'arma?  Qualcosa che ci farà male?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Stiffly, Remi just stares at the coffee before him. Even were it poisoned Nate didn't have the ability to kill him, but even so, the Lullaby simply smiled his appreciation rather than taking a drink. This was something he thought he'd learned from Ronin recently, something about being nice. Surely smiling when you felt like killing someone, was an improvement?

"No." Remi replies flatly, lifting his sea-glass stare to meet Nate's gaze and narrowing his eyes. "It isn't." Of course he wouldn't expect someone like Nate to understand, and so he refrains from elaborating further.

With a dry sigh, the Lullaby raises a brow before glancing around the empty kitchen. "Siamo davvero qui per parlare di questo?" He wonders, and like Nate, all the things he wishes he could say are caged behind his teeth. "No. Non è un'arma." Remi replies, the words singing out on the end of a sigh. "È un incanto. Per gli alberi. The Ascended hanno già promesso di stare fuori dal Greatwood. Se qualcuno di voi cerca di entrare, gli alberi vi tratterranno. Non farà male, ma non sarai in grado di muoverti finché qualcuno non ti libererà. Se tutti voi mantenete la parola di non entrare... allora non lo vedrete mai in azione." Remi adds with a shrug of his shoulders. "Pensatelo come... una polizza di assicurazione. Così possiamo dormire tutti un po' meglio la notte. Come te, con la tua barriera. Solo che la nostra non uccide nessuno."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

There’s more than a little disbelief carried on the snort that escapes Nate, his eyes rolling away from Remi’s gaze. “Huh.” His nose wrinkles judgementally. “You must be doing something wrong then.” The words leave him so easily, so casually, it’s almost surprising. It’s not even an insult, just… baffled.

Dio, hai ragione.” Nate flicks his head back, throwing hair back out of his face with a laugh. “Non c'è abbastanza tempo per questo.” His hand lifts to stroke at his chin as Remi explains what it is they’re going to use his blood for, brows twitching to pinch whenever the other man skips over a gap in his knowledge. “Solo sulla difensiva, eh?” He catches the question in his hand and weighs it for himself, his gaze dropping into his mug. “E in cambio del mio generoso dono, ricevo un boccone e…?” A tongue dips out to blow a quick raspberry as Nate flicks his finger in the general direction of Remi’s balls.

Short curls bounce back and forth as Nate shifts his head, thinking it over. “Voglio fare una richiesta. Rilassati,” a placating pair of holographic hands lift over Nate’s shoulders, “è facile.” A grin threatens to burst over Nate’s face, his lips twitching with the strain of holding his expression straight. “Voglio che mio marito guardi.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"I almost always am." The Lullaby agrees, sounding tired and exasperated already.

Tapping his fingers around the swell of his mug, Remi huffs a sound of dry amusement as he shrugs his shoulders. "Io sono l'offesa." He clarifies, not looking up from the dark and steamy coffee lest Nate see some errant smugness there and take offence to it.

"L'offerta era uno o l'altro." Remi interjects, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly as Nate gestures at his crotch. The man's request however has something inside of Remi's stomach twisting and turning, like shards of glass being rung out from inside his guts. Much as he wants to stretch a tentacle across and strangle the man before him—not that he needed to breathe—he forces himself to exhale out the worst and most immediate sparks of his fury. "No." He says as steadily as he's able, shaking his head just the once. "L'accordo era per un morso o un calcio. Non sono qui per negoziare, anche se mi sarei aspettato che tu lo sapessi."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

A too bright laugh leaves Nate at the clarification, his tongue flashing out between his lips again. "Oh si, il grande spauracchio cattivo." It's teasing, almost friendly. A glimpse into a potential they hurtled past long ago.

"Oh, questo è vero." If he's put out at all by the correction Nate doesn't show it, just leans back with a grin. "O. Errore mio." The expression is hidden for a moment by the mug, and it gives the ascended just enough time to twist his lips into something lecherous when it drops again, eyes dragging over Ludo's chosen like he's being paid by the minute. "Forse il morso può essere il mio favore per te, huh?" His jaw works, Nate's chin tipping up as he sighs.

"Che c'è, un testimone è di troppo?" The words are a dark mumble, just loud enough to be heard without really being meant for Remi. "Bene. Lo faremo a modo tuo. Prenderò le tue palle." Nate does his best to give off an air of boredom about the whole thing, to not seem too eager.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Preferisco Lullaby. Ma fate come volete." Remi replies, his tone not quite as bright and nearly-playful as Nate's is, but at least they don't have their claws in each other's throats yet.

Pretending to think it over as Nate's gaze spills over him like oil, the demigod inevitably shakes his head. "A differenza di te, io posso scendere quando voglio. Quindi grazie, ma no grazie." Folding his arms across his chest as if by tensing his muscles he might give his building adrenaline somewhere to surge, Remi exhales slowly. "No, non sono disposto ad aspettare così a lungo. Posti dove andare, mariti da scopare senza assistenza divina, questo genere di cose." He replies cooly. Because listen, if they were going to make it about his balls, they might as well go in for it.

Reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small vial, Remi sets it on the counter where it will hopefully be protected by what might happen next. "Vedi? Ti lascerò persino andare per primo." He adds, as if he hadn't known that Nate would likely have demanded this order anyway.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

The offer is dropped easily, Nate shrugging easily. “Ci vorrebbe solo il tempo necessario, ma devo dire che sono sollevato.” Another huff of laughter leaves him, skittering over his mug as he drains it. “Se riesci a scopare dopo questo, sarò impressionato.” Forget that they lived in a world with magical healing for a moment, let him dream that this will be a pain that lingers, at least for a while. “Qualcos'altro su cui abbiniamo, eh?

Keen eyes flick between Remi and the vial, a false hand flickering into existence to pull the little glass piece close while Nate strokes his chin. “Pensi che io sia stupido?” Before Remi can even open his mouth another hand appears in his face, cutting him off. “Aspetta, fermati.  Non dire una parola.” A thumb slips into his mouth from his chin, catching on a taste until he can taste the barely there fuel tang of his fluid.

The wound is pressed against the mouth of the vial as Nate stands, gestures towards the back door. “Dai, non voglio che la tua reazione svegli il mio–” Bright eyes snap back up to the Lullaby, guilt and worry both tugging at the edges of Nate’s face before he shakes it off. “Ospiti.  Non voglio che svegli i miei ospiti.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Sei così chiacchierone oggi." Remi says dryly. "Avrei pensato che sareste stati ansiosi di iniziare." Finally though it seems the posturing is done, with each man more or less finding their footing in the conversation and with one another.

Remi's eyes narrow only slightly to hear of the guests that he's not meant to rouse, but unless said guests are his children (and he very much knows that they are not), or his husband (who is currently beating the fuck out of Sunjata outside), he doesn't care. And because they aren't, he doesn't.

Following Nate outside, Remi steels his expression and takes a breath.  No Nate didn't have the strength to properly wound him and yes Ronin could heal him in a flash (literally), but that didn't mean this was going to suck any less.

"Ebbene? Vai."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Nate fishes a cigarette out of his pocket as they step into the garden, his head very carefully turned away from the back of the house. “Oh, hai fretta adesso?” There’s more strain in his grin now, his nose curled with the effort of maintaining it. He rolls his shoulders back and stretches, glancing around the garden and squinting against the sun. “Bella giornata, eh?

The cigarette is placed between his lips, the eyes above it finally focusing back on Remi. “Gonna be a scorcher.” The shift in language is the only real warning before he moves, Nate clearing the few steps between them and driving his foot between the Lullaby’s legs with all the force he can muster, all of his anger and loathing for the smug demi-god channeled into the strike.

It’s wishful thinking, but he wants to feel something pop.

With his reward taken, Nate drops the vial of his fluid as delicately as he can at Remi’s feet and steps past him towards the house again, lighting his smoke as he goes. “Buona giornata, cornuto.

Fin~