ohana means family
Mabel
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
It was a little more difficult to get to Stormbreak than she’d imagined; multiple steps were taken, from portals to teleporting to the Feverlands, and then flying over the rest to Stormbreak, where she’d hidden and shifted back into something that still wasn’t quite herself.

A man with the faintest hint of fox ears underneath his hair walked casually up the Righteous Road, trying not to stare at the massive pair of dragons she’d passed through or act as if she isn’t walking willfully into a place she doesn’t belong and has very little knowledge of. Once past that and some other stuff, she comes to a much more busy area. Luckily for the demigod, there aren’t any nerves to shake off, just a constant reminder to act as if she’s familiar with the place and knows exactly where she’s going. Sure-footed. One foot in front of the other. As if his attention isn’t split between this and frantically calling Mabel? every two hundred feet or so. Mabel!?

---------------

Wessex currently looks like a man with tanned skin and a lot of curly, dark brown hair. She is partially shifted into her Kitsune form.

Telecommunications Upgrade (Mastered) | This telecommunications chip allows the user to speak directly into the minds of any ascended regardless of distance. Ascendeds within the same region can respond mentally.
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Sounds, not unlike the incoherent thoughts of the LongNight monsters when they had long ago tried to communicate with the Wraith, warble into her mind like so much radio static.
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
All expectations make her heart feel numb
Her hands itched for something; a reflex, even when her eyes were closed and the stone walls seemed to be closing in. Someone had taken her knives – leaving her bereft once more, a dull, numbing ache settled into her core, where the rest of her senses might’ve, could’ve, should’ve been. For she’d felt pain, and everything else was empty.

Torture. Torment. Unreal. Unlike anything she’d had before – even when she’d been dying, it hadn’t been as bad as this.

Something breeched her senses though, and it sounded familiar. Bizarre. Odd. As if her mind couldn’t quite contain or absorb it. Her head tilted, wavered, off the rocky formations, brow furrowing, otherwise still and unmoving. It came again and again and again, until it struck through the void, and she blinked stupidly into the blank world around her. Wessex? A dream, maybe. Except Mabel had long since ceased doing any of that.
MABEL
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
For a while, all she hears is static. That, in and of itself, is weird; normally all she gets is silence if there aren't any Ascended around, and with her mind on more important matters, the demigod can't quite figure out what it means. The feeling she gets from it, however, is slightly foreboding. It would set her teeth on edge if she were prone to that kind of thing.

The man makes his way to a bench and casually sits down, throwing an arm along the top and adopting the role of the bystander simply killing time. Her mind, however, is still faithfully sending out the query, unwilling to give up just because the answer isn't immediate. And then - finally - something breaks through the noise. The faint, but distinct reply in a voice she recognizes: Wessex?

Yes! She immediately sends back, and the man subconsciously straightens. I'm here. And I'm not leaving without you. Goddess, she knows better than to make those kinds of promises, but she has to give her sister something to hold on to. And hope. Above all, hope and the comfort that she hasn’t been abandoned. Family means no one gets left behind, if she can help it.
WESSEX
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
What a foolish thing to do: hope. It didn’t bloom in her chest. It didn’t blossom in whatever fluid she had left. It sunk to the bottom of her ribcage and stayed there, where everything else had gone to reside, lost to time. Lost to foolishness. Lost to this. Her eyes fluttered closed, a long, slow, arduous blink, as if it took multitudes of time simply to do that one simple action – mind rattled, consumed, confused. Her hands moved an inch, feeling rock underneath and below and everywhere in between. No ocean waves this time. Not the sea she uttered and sputtered in response, like it made perfect sense. Maybe she was at the bottom of it this time? Where all the stone and sand collected?

She leaned her head back against the wall, ignoring the tears beginning to collect in the corner of her eyes, curling, coiling, instinctually back into herself. Like a snake, lurking under elements, waiting for the world to go away. Or a frightened little piece of prey, the predacious mind gone and vacant. All stone now. Perhaps what she longed to be.
MABEL
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
empires f a l l when we move the i m m o v a b l e
Not the sea… all stone now. Well the sea obviously referred to her first death and the man’s brows furrow together like two fuzzy caterpillars as he tries to puzzle out the rest. Taking a glance around the area, she finds that almost all she can see is stone. Stone statues, stone walkways, and stone buildings (big and small alike), Wessex doesn’t find that train of thought helpful at all. And to be honest, it doesn’t sound all that coherent. Not like the defiant, sullen Mabel she knows.

She tries again, this time standing to walk a bit further into the city and see, perhaps, if changing where she is will help her focus on Mabel’s voice better. Mabel, I need you to focus, and walk me through this, okay? Trying to slow it down for her, the General reigns in her own impatience and anxiety and exhales needlessly. The man puts his hands in his pockets and ambles on.

What’s around you? Don’t leave any details out.
WESSEX
Mabel Occidendum

Change author:
Hands wrapped around her bony legs, like filaments of stark, pale things sticking out in the refrain of darkness. It was a wonder she was alive at all, maybe brought back over and over again to suffer. To reflect. She didn’t know. She couldn’t say.

But she didn’t have the focus Wessex desperately craved – too rattled, too addled, too confused, too mired down by everything else. The torture had lit into her veins and pulsed with an irreverent beat of every metallic surge; felt like crawling into her once more, and some little choked sob bit back against her teeth and tongue. I want to go home was a plea, a beg, and she’d never done such a thing until now. I found him, you know, a whisper, a refrain, stuck and locked in her head since revelations sparked and sizzled. Then they found me.

Her eyes darted around, lost and diminished, sunken back into her skull. Rock and rock and rock. She had nothing else.
MABEL
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Goddess, the sound of Mabel’s voice almost breaks her heart, the way that Evelyn’s death broke her. I know, she soothes in return, I’m trying, I’m trying, I’m trying. But it was far more difficult than she thought it might be, with her sister unable to give her anything solid (ha) regarding her surroundings. All stone. She can assume no light, else that have been said. Locked in an interior? Underground? In a cliff face, walled into a cave?

The whispered Him and they finally make her take a different approach and the man stops again, presumably to window shop. The store doesn’t matter. There’s a moment of dead air between them before Wessex probes again. Which man did you find? she asks gently.

Maybe one question at a time is better. The way she might ask something of a child. That way there's less confusion.
WESSEX
Mabel Occidendum

Change author:
She’d always prefer different endings – besides the breaking of her body, falling apart into something she can’t quite signify. I know echoed in between pieces of static, and her head fell against her knees, pressed against them, hiding and tucked away from the nothing that came and went. What she wouldn’t have given to be on the outside of these gods-forsaken-walls. What she wouldn’t give to even see the light, the stupid, stupid light, when the sun wasn’t piercing over her flesh.

The question blurred back at her, and she wanted to weep. There was so much more she could’ve done. The Priest. The coward. Maybe the Wraith would remember him from Torchline, all that time ago – pouring his hate into the sands. He took her from me. I wanted to do the same to him. But she couldn’t, hadn’t, as he slipped away again. I didn't get to.

As she came to be here, under their hook and thumb and ire.
MABEL
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
The Priest? The revelation shouldn’t surprise her, but it does anyway, and after she thinks about how the dark hair, older, and tall fit the man and his cartoonish level of vitriol… well, probably wouldn’t even need a godly nudge to kill, would he? In fact, she’s surprised none of them suspected him sooner.

The man’s fists clench, nails digging into his palms and someone brushing up against him might hear the faintest growl. Then I’ll find the Priest, she tells sister. And I’ll find you and you’ll have your revenge. Empty promises, really, given the multiple steps between where she is now and finding Mabel alive. If for whatever reason that doesn’t happen, well she’s also just made a vow to herself that she will take up Mabel’s mantle of revenge. For both of them. She can't fail them both. Stay with me, Mabel. This might take a bit.

The Wraith, however, is nothing if not clever, and whether it’s foolish or not, the man quickly flags down someone who looks like they know where they’re going, Wessex tries to drop her voice down into a lower register, and asks the Stormbreaker where he might find the Priest.
WESSEX
Mabel Occidendum

Change author:
Promises, promises, promises, and from her world of stone and death, torture and the sun’s ire, fire, the girl could only mutter something incoherent. It could’ve been a whimper, a whine, or just a mere shake of her head. Stay? Where else was she to go? It almost inspired a laugh – if everything else hadn’t felt so despondent, so heavy, so very, very tiring. No one stays. Even those once so close to her had begun to fade – perhaps under the impressions of torture and torment, blinded by pain and anguish, superseded by the agony.

But if the notions of revenge kept her awake, alive, for one more set of moments, maybe it’d be worth the semblances of falsehoods and impossibilities.

{FIN}
MABEL