above and beyond
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Halo needed the assistance of the Gods once more. This pulled at Morgan's heart, for her dream was a neutral society, one that did not seek aid or draw the ire of any deity, but it was not feasible. Every other city would have the help of whatever God it worshipped and she could not allow the Citadel to be weaker.

Bringing every kind of offering she could think of, unsure of which God was best for the task (they had dealt with Frey before, but Morgan had never heard of Frey assisting in military areas) - fruits and milk, beautiful silks and starry paintings and a box of toys, each carved and painted by local craftsmen. These she pulled behind herself on a trolley, hoping that her willingness to labour even as Warden showed her humility.

Kneeling before the shrine, waiting for Neron and Sah to come to either side of her (three Abandoned, one of them Ascended - this would certainly go well), she softly spoke. "We humbly ask for assistance in defending our home. We have brought with us offerings and gifts and are willing to complete any tasks necessary to aid. Thank you."
And time goes quicker
Between the two of us
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah was wary as they entered the shrine but determined. He added to the pile of offerings a set of antlers that he'd hand-carved scenes of the tundra and Halo onto. Given how precarious Halo's position currently was with the gods, it seemed like a good idea to contribute what he could.

Kneeling beside Morgan and Neron he spoke once Morgan was through, "Please. Help us protect the people of Halo in the coming days." Sah hoped that one of the Old Gods would answer the call, though he had doubts given what Deimos had once told him. If one did appear, Sah honestly wasn't sure who would be best. Frey had helped Halo in the past, Safrin has been behind the initial coup, but Deimos and the others had spoken fondly of her. And Ludo seemed laid back but their hatred for Ascended was clear. It was a toss-up but none of that mattered if none of the heralds answered their prayer.

Sah's here and he brought antlers with scenes of Halo and the tundra carved on them.
Sah
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Neron
so leave yourself intact
'cause i will be coming back

Neron isn't kneeling and he isn't neutral, but both of these things should not be a surprise to Morgan. He has added his offerings to the pile of stuff (precious stone and metals from the Fangs), but honestly, he's inclined to think that his not being there would be the best offering to the Old Gods imaginable. Still, draped in his black coat and leaning back against the wall, he watches the others pray with open curiosity.

He has little to add other than the muttered, "We would appreciate your help, if you would grace us with your presence," and even that is almost under his breath. Huffing out a breath he doesn't need, Neron buries his hands in his pockets and waits for - hopefully - someone to appear and to not smite him.

in a phrase to cut these lips,
i love you

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Frey
"We've had a shield, a greenhouse... what would you like next then, honies?" You laid your hearts bare to the Old Gods, but it's old faithful who comes to greet you all. "Yes, even you in the back, oh broody mechanical one." The nature aspect of Frey ooooos prettily and leans down to look through the offerings, appreciating them all even if only a few have been specifically catered for their tastes.

"Defense, is it? You might have to be a little more specific than that. What are we after? Big wall to keep everyone out? Oh, you've already got that. How about a big snowstorm to make it difficult for people to get here? Oop... you've got that as well!" They raise their eyebrows encouragingly, prompting them to say what they desire.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN

While Morgan had accepted that they could get any God when praying to none in specific, she was pleased to see the Nature aspect of Frey appear. By now she felt like she knew the God at least a little and felt they were fair. This relief probably showed on her face as she gave a light smile and shuffled in her sitting position to speak.

"The broody mechanical one is honoured to be here, I'm sure." She said in a tone that was meant to impart to Neron: YOU ARE HONOURED TO BE HERE.

The points about their defense made Morgan smile and almost laugh, because Frey was right. She nodded along. "You're correct. The Citadel is in a favourable defensive position. However, our potential....attackers-" They didn't have any enemies in the other leaders, not yet, at least. "-Will have more offensive powers than we do. I believe it would benefit the Citadel to have some kind of weapon, to be used sparingly, in the event of an attempt at an airborne attack...or perhaps a siege on the ground. Something that attaches to the top of the wall could achieve both of these goals." She paused and glanced up to see what Frey thought.
And time goes quicker
Between the two of us

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Frey
Frey nods and hmms and tilts their head as Morgan explains, curling their toes as they sit happily within all the offerings the Halovians have brought. "You have limited materials to draw upon - such is the downside of your favourable defensive position," they muse. "...But what you do have is quite remarkable indeed." Frey looks up, tilting their head.

"What about a sunbeam? I know it's technically Safrin's purview, but all my little itty bitty seeds need the sun to grow. Yes. Yes, I think that would work wonderfully. Alright. Here's what we're going to do..." Clapping their hands together, they gaze back down at the group.

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 8 active Halovians. This means 4 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once. Sah and Neron must participate in at least 1 thread. Morgan must participate in 2.

1. A thread of 3 Halovians scouting the city walls to find the sunniest spot.
1. A PQ of at least 3 Halovians building a pillar atop the city walls where the sun hits best. (At least 4 rounds).
2. A Mini-Event to discuss and decide the triggering/aiming mechanism for the beam.
3. Three threads: one crafting four panes of glass (or trading for them); one creating a frame for the glass panes; one placing the glass into the frames and setting it atop the pillar.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN

As much as Morgan was not aligned to any Gods and found them to be intimidating and unreasonable...she did quite like Frey, sometimes. There was an infectious energy that radiated off the nature aspect of the God, a mood of happiness and content with the world that Morgan was not used to.

"A sunbeam?" She repeated at first, her thoughts immediately going to the Ascended and how they could not be in the sun...but quickly she realised the God had to mean a weapon that would harness the very power of the sun. It wouldn't be much use to have a weapon that only worked against one race, after all. Morgan nodded. "I see. Thank you - we will see to the work."

--
Feel free to do ending posts, I'll close this in a couple days
And time goes quicker
Between the two of us
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah let out a long exhale when the deity appeared. Some part of him hadn't thought they'd receive an answer.  Two Abandoned and an Ascended hybrid calling for an Old God could have ended horribly. But this deity, who Sah instantly realized was the nature aspect of Frey given the aura around them, was rather friendly. Not only that, but they were willing to help,

The Outlander found himself smiling softy as he listened to the deity share their plans. A sunbeam would certainly be powerful. Just as Morgan's mind had, Sah's went straight to the Ascended. The sun could harm all however, so it would still likely protect Halo from any threat.

Committing the tasks to memory, Sah gave a brief nod. "We'll see that it's done. Thank you, Frey." For helping Halo in the past and still being willing to do so now.
Sah