sleeping in a coffin
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Kiada
For the life of her, she can’t see what she’s done wrong. What she’s done to deserve so many terrible things to happen to her. For her brother, her heart and half of her soul to be kidnapped — to return only to leave her once again. For her father, the one who named her and taught her the language of her heritage, who had helped name her companion Khairi to also leave. For Ru’in and Romina to meet a timely end because she chose to side with a god of darkness and destruction. Who fell because of his hand, and she still chose him. Still chose the dark mismatched god of teal that had crossed her into his corrupted world. Who had wounded her heart and her body — the gnarled X scar on the side of her neck that had finally healed after long years.

She chooses wrong every time and she still can’t see why these things happen to her. But yet by some miracle, her first love had been here since then. As if this world were some kind of strange purgatory for those in her life that had passed. And she had grown attached, just as she had promised herself she wouldn’t. At least this time she doesn’t have to watch him die. But she has his note, still clutched as she makes her way to the shrine. She doesn’t know what she wants to ask, or to say, but she wants to speak. Even if it falls on deaf ears. Auni is with her, healed enough now that he can try and calm her when the darkness within her takes root. So she stares at the shrine as she approaches, on shaky knees and a body wrought with no more tears left to give. A raspy throat of words she couldn’t say still burns as she breathes.

She kneels before the shrine and sits for a few minutes gathering her thoughts, swallowing her spit to try and make her voice less rough and hollow. But it’s exactly how she feels. “I choose wrong. Every. Time. I choose wrong. I follow the darkness within me, the one that craves to be a part of something big and destructive.” Her voice is rasped and comes out in a hoarse patchy sound. “I follow destruction in the hope that it will leave me alone, and yet it always returns to me. I know I should expect nothing less, but I do every time.” She wasn’t a child anymore, but her previous life of flame and fire, of winged armor that punctures her spine is fresh upon her mind. “Im a foolish girl, and everyone close to me pays for it.” She vents, thinking of Ru’in and her brother Kianzo. Of Khairi and Romina, of her father and friends. Rixen wherever he is now. She is no protector, even if she likes to think that she is. She pulls the note out and straightens it out again, reading the lines that had begun to be smudged by the oils in her hands. And she sighs.
I think I am dangerous now...
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Perhaps it isn't that the gods do not listen.

Perhaps it is simply that there is so much death, so much horror in this longest of nights that they themselves need time to weep, to rest, to recuperate.

Perhaps.

A warm and gentle breeze rushes through the shrine, flickering the candles there, caressing Kiada's arms and stroking at her hair, as if to bring some semblance of peace. There in the quiet, in the darkness, it rustles the note in her hand and almost sounds like comfort. Like friends.

Hush, it seems to say. It will be alright.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Kiada
There is no answer, but the Harpy doesn’t expect one. She doesn’t know the power behind the shrines, of the gods when they wish to speak to someone. She doesn’t know that they come down from wherever it is they go, to tangibly touch the mortals in their presences and advices. So it is not lost on her, when nothing happens and she can remain, venting in a quiet sorrowful state. Yet while there’s no god to come down and speak to her, there is a strange somber presence that appears. A quiet ruffling, warm and bright despite the darkness of her heart and the pain that cinches around it ever so tighter.

A feeling, a rustling of her note, like others there she could lean on. Yet there’s no one when she opens her eyes and stares at the shrine and turns her head to scout the room around her. There’s no one there she can see, and yet the girl finds the smallest bit of comfort with the gesture. Perhaps it is Ru’in out there, somewhere, no longer tangible but enough to tell her things would be okay. She doesn’t feel it, deep down, but the warmth and the touch that came from the shrine was enough for her.

She remains for a while, thinking things over, clutching her note and staring without quite seeing, before she stands to leave the room and the feeling of warmth behind it. Perhaps things would be okay, but she didn’t think that she would ever be the same.
I think I am dangerous now...
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3