everybody wants to rule the world
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He moves slowly through the temple, feeling incredibly out of place and unsure of himself. After his last run in with.. Frey, he's not sure he's doing the right thing anymore. But deep down in the pit of his belly, he knows this is the right thing. Even if it requires lying to a certain queen. He doesn't quite know what kind of god the Voice is but he's hoping she's a little less vengeful than the old gods.

He doesn't have much in the way to offer her. Some freshly baked cookies (will she be able to taste them?), some flowers, and a vial of blood. A bit of an odd offering but all of the Ascended seemed to enjoy it so why not try?

"Hey.. Uh, the Voice? I just wanted to say thanks for what you did at the Wren Society last year. No one got hurt because of you." A little odd coming from an Attuned but hey. "I also had a question.. Maybe a proposition for you." A fleeting thought he's been playing with but there's no time quite like the present.

--
Hihi! I would like to use MP to buy a god quest for Locke from the Voice!
Crack a smile and cut your mouth
and drown in alcohol
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

"You did come." Isla's smile to Locke is warm as she steps through from the infirmary to the temple shrine. Her voice remains hushed and respectful, having heard his prayer, and as she moves to join him, she sets down her own offering in the form of a few night-blooming flowers.

"I don't think the Voice likes this particular shrine very much," she says, "but with any luck she will hear you, and show herself." Straightening back up to stand beside Locke, she nudges him gently with her shoulder. "Though I am also curious to hear this proposition of yours."
we're gonna separate ourselves tonight
we're always running scared but holding knives

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It is true that this is not her favourite shrine, but for Locke? An Attuned come to pay his respects to the Ascended and their goddess? The Voice will make an exception. Crackling to life upon the altar, she will appear as if enrobed in electricity, and all light in the Temple seems like the deepest darkness, compared to her illumination.

"It was the right thing to do," she says softly, bowing her head in acceptance of his thanks. "A question and a proposition? Well, I simply must hear it." A touch of playfulness? A hint of challenge? Take it how you will, Locke.
the VOICE
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

Isla only startles him a little. He gives her a small, almost sheepish smile. This kind of thing is weirdly humbling. But of course he'd pick the shrine that she doesn't really like. It was just the easiest for him to find. Maybe he should've asked Isla before he showed up but he's not always the best at asking for help. The weight of her next to him is comforting though, for someone he barely knows.

And then she's there. The static in the air makes the little hairs on his neck stand on end and he doesn't know where to look except at her. The right thing to do huh? He nods, trying to figure out what he wants to say again. "I want to know if I can help. Or how. I guess it's a question and a proposition rolled into one.. I'm an Attuned, you know. I can go places your Ascended can't." Namely places like Stormbreak.

He kind of shrugs his shoulders, looking down. "Someone told me to make sure I was on the right side of this and I'm starting to think I'm not."
and drown in alcohol

Change author:

Oh, she knows. She can see that he's an Attuned, from the flutter of his heartbeat to the warmth of his skin. "You are a rare gem, Locke," she informs him, carefully sweeping down to run static fingers across the cookies he has brought for her. "It is exceptional for one to even entertain another's opinion, let alone to think of changing your own. For that, you are already more help than you know."

There is much that he can do - so much that he might not even be aware of it. "Well," the Voice hums, "I would not give you more than you would be comfortable carrying. What is your preference - do you wish to give others the same choice you have had, to consider what side of the war they are on? Or would you like something a little more... challenging?"
the VOICE
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He flushes lightly at her praise. He's nothing special. Never has been, never will be. In the end, he's still just being selfish. Deep down he's afraid for his son, for what the world will be like if the old gods manage to erase one group they consider irritating. Will they come for the other? He's not doing this out of selflessness or kindness or even because he thinks it's right. Except it kind of feels right. To him. For him.

"I've never been much of a diplomat or very good with words. I don't know if I could sway anyone. Guess I could just ask 'em about how they feel." He kind of scowls at the thought. He likes talking to people but he's no politician. "Do like a challenge though."
and drown in alcohol

Change author:

She reads his thoughts as plainly as the pages of a book, the Voice sweeping down from the altar, now, to approach the Ascended and the Attuned. "Feeling like something is the right thing to do is the sort of thing that makes heroes," she informs him. "And I think for this... talking will be enough. Tread delicately. Make yourself a friend to all, and guard your heart until you are in safer hands again..."

Leaning in, Locke will hear her requirements whispered softly into his ear...

"Do this, and I will see to it that you are rewarded very handsomely indeed. Do this, and you will have helped us all so much."

Locke has received a quest from the Voice!

- Complete a thread speaking to October Hart in Stormbreak regarding the plans for medical assistance/healing during the war
- Complete a thread speaking to Gideon Clemments in Stormbreak regarding any plans for the Ascended
- Complete a thread speaking to Finn Rosencrantz in Stormbreak regarding the relics that have been found so far
- Complete 3 threads with 3 separate Ascended, offering them your "service" (i.e. shifts)
the VOICE
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

She draws closer and he inhales softly, the prickly feeling on his skin growing stronger as she draws closer. His head tilts slightly, a bit confused at her words. But he knows better than to press a god for an explanation. Especially one who is leaning over to whisper in your ear. The close proximity makes his skin tingle in an not entirely unappealing way.

He simply nods as she pulls away. "Doesn't sound so bad." Gears are already turning in his head, trying to figure out how exactly he plans to do all of this. Luckily for him, there's plenty of Ascended around to bite him. "Thank you so much, for the chance." If he plays his cards right, he might not end up six feet in the dirt.

-Fin!-
and drown in alcohol