[SE] Manic moves and drowsy dreams
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM

Seal my heart and break my pride
While being an Ascended meant Longheat would be a pain in the ass, Adam couldn't help but feel a bit excited for it. He'd always loved Summer at home; the long and easy days, the gentle heat of the mild climate, the festivals and the acceptability of wearing very little clothing. With his new parasol, he was hoping he'd be able to enjoy more of it this year - in a little shadow of his own, but still. It was something.

Walking down the port wondering if he ought to do some work (nah), he noticed a man heading in the direction of the shrine. Something about him caught Adam's eye: call it intuition or a longtime conman's instinct, but he felt inclined to follow.

Adam did try to be subtle, but it was hard to avoid notice when you were a very tall man dressed in all black with a parasol on a mild Flowerbirth day. Ducking behind things any time his chosen target looked back seemed like it would be more suspicious, so in the event that he did, Adam would just wave.
I've nowhere to stand and now nowhere to hide
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Said man, as we all know, is Remi.

While Adam flounces and flits from shadow to shadow, Remi (who doesn't even cast a shadow), stands almost completely still with his hands on his hips, eyeing the shrine. It glistens copper and green, shiny from where many hands have rubbed at it over the years (the man's crotch and ass gleaming the brightest). Around the base of the shrine, Oria has placed a number of shells that have been bleached white by the sun, whereas Remi has placed various rings and necklaces and things he'd found littering the bottom of the ocean on his swim with Chrys.

The small spriggan clapped her hands together around one of the chains, wrapping it around her human-like body as if it were some sort of dress. Clucking his tongue, Remi tilts his head slightly and narrows his eyes. "Those are meant to be claimed by people who have lost them. Have you lost that necklace, Oria?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM

Surprisingly, Adam seemed to be able to escape Remi's notice - he hadn't expected to, had fully imagined he would be caught, but it seemed whatever he was doing was enough to keep his interest entirely. Watching from afar, Adam frowned deeply as he saw the creature with Remi, finding it hard to identify what exactly it might be.

Hearing Remi's voice surprised him out of his pondering and he decided fuck it, he'd just go and ask. If it turned out the guy was some kind of Order fucker that wanted his head, it was unlikely he'd take it at such a public place. With his usual swaggering confidence, Adam headed up to the shrine, stopping a few feet away and with all the grace and manners he could muster, pointed to Oria and asked: "The fuck is that?"

A second later: "Oh, and uh, hey."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Chittering at Adam's arrival, Remi frowns at his companion before looking over his shoulder to spy the rather shocking figure sporting a parasol. Leaping into the air and flying directly towards the ascended's face, the spriggan tries to answer his question in a flurry of clicks and squeaks. "She..." Tilting his head as if trying to both listen and translate, Remi just exhales loudly in Oria's direction, giving her an exasperated stare. "..well if you'd just let me think" He huffs at her, before turning back to Adam. "She says she's a ghost spriggan." Twirling in midair, her leafy body billowing around her midsection like a dress, Oria trills and preens.

Pursing his lips and giving the other man a nod, Remi's eyes narrow slightly as he takes in Adam's pale(ish) skin and umbrella. "Hey." He says, carefully. "If...you're an ascended...I'm not so sure you should be talking to me." This isn't said as a threat, but more as a casual warning to a man who might inadvertently be breaking some sort of rule.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"Argh, Jesus!" Adam jumped back, waving a hand in front of his face to try and get the Spriggan away. After this rather undignified moment of surprise he stood at a distance and made a face at Oria, annoyed that the little thing had successfully thrown him off balance.  "...A...ghost spriggan. So like, she's dead?"

Given that Remi seemed to be generally friendly so far, what he said next was a surprise. It could have been an attempt to intimidate or some kind of friendly warning, but regardless Adam wasn't happy about it. With a little huff he cocked his hips to one side and put his hands on them, balancing the parasol in the crook of his arm. "Yeah? And why's that? Are you gonna give me shit about it? Wouldn't be the first one around here." Whether it was telling him he wasn't really a person or implying they were gathering things to kill him later, those accepted by the Old Gods certainly had a lot to say when it came to Ascended.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
'She was.' Remi confirms, as Oria trails after Adam like some puppy who has mistaken a child's cry of fear as a playful challenge. 'Mort brought her back to life and then gave her to me.' He explains with a small shrug.

Regarding the other man with a soft stare, the Lullaby pulls in a breath and holds it, as he gives his head a shake. "No, I'm not." He replies quickly, exhaling a sigh. "But..." Fuck. Maybe he should just start wearing a nametag. "I am Remi. Ludo's demigod, and Guardian of the Greatwood." And hated by your queen and generally disliked by most. The latter goes unsaid of course, but it's there in Remi's uneasy smile. "Just thought you should know." And he did, genuinely. Though Remi didn't want to be the enemy of the ascended, he understood how the things had done had put him there. He and Isla were no longer on speaking terms, he'd taken fluid from Nate and Neron to make a barrier in the grounds,

-and oh yeah. He was on the other side of the fucking war with two relics to his name.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

Adam didn't ask any more questions about Oria's origins; not because he wasn't curious, but because he spent the time he could have been listening side-stepping about, trying to avoid the ghostly Spriggan.

He relaxed a little as Remi sighed rather than went to aggression. After the last few seasons, he'd grown very used to people bringing their arguments for The Voice to him. Telling him he didn't have a soul, that he was better off dead, that he was a monster...Adam had a pretty thick skin, but even he was beginning to flag a little under the constant barrage. As the actual problem was revealed his eyebrows rose up, Adam's mind immediately going to the change in Amalia once she was a Demi God. He sighed.

"Well, unless that means you're like, honour-bound to kill me or some shit, I honestly don't give a fuck. In fact, I think it sounds kinda interesting. We aren't in a war yet, right? Before you need to explode me with your Ludo mind-powers or whatever, let's hang out a bit." He didn't really know what he was trying to do. Something about humanising or changing minds, but Remi's seemed pretty neutral even with his position. Really, Adam supposed he just wanted someone to talk to.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"Nope. Last I checked I was very specifically told not to kick start this war early." Remi replies with a boyish laugh and shrug of his shoulders. He couldn't recall the last time anyone had asked him to hang out for a bit, and even more surprising was the fact that this man didn't seem to care much about who (read: what) he was in the bigger scheme of things.

"Deal. Hanging out now, Ludo-mind-exploding later." Snorting under his breath, Remi takes a final glance at the shrine to make sure all the returned bits and bobs were appropriately placed, before glancing back towards Adam. "Well, it isn't like I can suggest we go for a drink, but...How long can you be in the sun?" Because of both Isla and Sam, Remi had a fairly good working knowledge of the ascended such that he wasn't going to suggest that the pair go traipsing down the beach in the middle of the day, parasol or no.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"Well, hey then, we're good to go." Adam laughed too and clapped a hand to Remi's shoulder, glad that this hadn't ended in the endless and angry debates such meetings usually did (or, if he was really unlucky, violent outbursts). It was good to hear as well that the war wasn't intended to begin very soon; maybe he'd have time to squirrel himself away in a hole somewhere before it began.

As for the sun...Adam turned to look at the sky and adjusted his parasol. "Uh..too long, honestly. Some shade might be nice. I mean, this-" He wiggled the handle. "-lets me stay out in it more than I used to, but...I don't wanna slip and burn to a crisp, y'know? It's a pain in the ass, honestly." He glanced around them and seeing a covered seating area that looked out onto the beach nearby, he began to walk towards it. "C'mon."

"So...your names Remi, huh? I think I've heard of you, you know." He hummed as he sat down, trying to remember where he'd heard the name before. "How'd you end up being a DemiGod, cos, 'scuse me if this is wrong, but...you don't seem like you care all that much about it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Flinching as the other man clapped him on the shoulder, not because he was intimidated or hurt, but because of the fresh and chaotic spark of feeling, Remi straightens slightly and clears his throat. "I...would not do that, if I were you." He says carefully, though rushes on to explain lest the words sound like a threat. "I can feel all of your emotions if you touch me." He finished with a lazy shrug.

"It does seem like a pain in the ass." Remi agrees whole-heartedly. 'Coming on.' He repeats, trailing behind Adam and swallowing down a quip about the Ascended (friend)(relation)ships he'd had in the past. "Oh? All terrible things, I assume." Remi says with a self-deprecating chuckle as he slumps down into one of the chairs.

'Oh...well. I suppose the short version is that I offered Ludo a no-strings-attached favour if it brought one of my friends back to life. Years later it called in that favour by making me its demigod. And, get this, I had to kill the friend." Remi says this with a fairly blasé tone if only because it was as ridiculous as it was painful to think about. Rubbing a hand up the side of one scruffy cheek, Remi looks down into his hands—one missing two fingers, both heavily scarred—and shrugs.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

Once again Remi gave a warning and Adam just laughed and shrugged it off. He was getting the impression that Remi had had a few bad experiences with Ascended since his powers had come in, or perhaps was worried about what he'd have to do. "Man, you can have 'em. I'm just kinda fine. Little bummed out about the war, wish I could be horny or drunk. That's about it." Not like he was giving away any deep secrets, not that he even had any.

As for what he'd heard...Adam sat and splayed out like a starfish, legs out in front of him and arms either side. "Just that you're not a guy to be messed with, really. Powerful and shit, I'm assuming due to the Ludo Demi-God thing. But I'm not scared of anyone." This defiant phrase was uttered casually, his eyes on the veranda above them.

Remi's tale of becoming a Demi-God did take his attention, though, Adam turning to look at him with raised eyebrows as the story kept going and getting weirder. "Oh. Uh...seems kinda shitty of Ludo, honestly. D'ya miss your friend?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Barking out a surprised laugh at Adam's candidness, Remi nods as he grins. "Noted. I am also bumed about the war and wish I could be drunk, for what it is worth." Horniness he had in spades, but his strength and stamina made it such that getting drunk was a near impossibility for him. That Adam wasn't afraid was as bold as it was understandable, to which the Lullaby felt himself nodding. "No need to be afraid. What will happen will happen; fear does not change it." He points out, not meaning for that to sound as philosophical as it probably did.

Biting noticeably at the inside of his cheek given how it twisted his expression, Remi just exhales as his shoulders sag somewhat. "Very shitty." He agrees. 'I...did for a long time. But she is alive again, thanks to the Voice." Glancing over his shoulder at Adam, now the alchemist's smile is sad and small. "As an ascended obviously, which.." Which, given their conversation thus far, explained why it made things complicated. "..so I miss her still, but in a different way, I suppose."
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"The Old Gods won't let you get drunk either? Man, the Gods are a load of fuckin' nerds." Adam snorted with a dismissive wave of his hands towards the sky, where he still imagined all the Gods lived; a remnant of faith from his old world. "I tried to tell the Voice how lame it was that she made everyone go without sex n' drink, but she never talks to me." He shrugged, trying to seem like he simply didn't care, but there was an edge to his voice that hinted at hurt feelings.

He hadn't intended to make a philosophical statement and the way which Remi responded caught him by surprise. He frowned, his eyebrows furrowing just slightly, as he sat up and nudged some sand around the stone floor with the toe of his boot. "I dunno about that. I mean, I'm not afraid of people myself. But I'm afraida people hurtin' people I care about. Which, I know, is kind of fucking dumb when we're up to a war like we are." Adam wasn't usually one for big dramatic gestures, but he knew he'd willingly throw himself into danger for Pet a hundred more times.

It was good to talk to someone able to admit the Gods could be shitty. He'd never had any time for overly pious, blind faith. "So...do you like, still talk? I uh...I had this kind of...almost-sort of romantic thing with someone, but then she became a Demi-God and I got Ascended and..." He trailed off.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Laughing, Remi doesn't bother to clarify, because in a way, Adam isn't exactly wrong. It's a function of what he is that his metabolism is too high to get drunk much in the same way the ascended's is too efficient. 'Oh? I thought she....I mean, I thought that was part of it all. That she was there for the ascended in a way the heralds and Old Gods are not." Raising a brow, Remi's expression is soft and his silence easily given; Adam was free to elaborate, or not.

'Not dumb, but...' Parting his lips to try and clarify, Remi finds himself just sighing a shaking his head. "I have found it is easier in some ways to make the circle of people you care about very small." The corollary of course being that there were many ways in which that was harder, as well.

'We do. Off and on. It goes well, and then it all goes to shit and we tend to stop talking for a few months. We recently bumped into each other and.." Recalling the moments on the bridge with Isla has Remi's cheeks flushing, remembering the things they'd both admitted to one another and acknowledging the impossibility of what was between them. Closing his eyes, Remi gives his head another shake, before glancing at Adam with a crooked smile. "I am going to guess you mean...Amalia?" The only other female demigod who had been made was Phoebe, and given how much Remi knew of her past, he thought he could safely rule her out. "She slept with my husband, once. While I was unconscious." Remi remarks, quite out of the blue, surprising himself into a huff of laughter.