Hotaru Kaito
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
you're falling further down
This letter arrives at almost the exact end of Flowerbirth, on the wings of a messenger raven, eventually reaching its destination in the Greatwood.

Hotaru,

Let me begin by saying it's not easy to write this letter. I know I've wronged you, regardless of the in's and out's of everything surrounding the circumstances... I know. I was merciless and unkind, and I had so many dark thoughts. Thoughts I would never dare entertain now, actions that I would not take now unless I absolutely had to. But I hold regret for them all the same, and I will for the rest of my days. That is my burden to carry, though - not yours.

I know you don't want to hear from me, I know that it would be so much easier for us both to go on pretending the other doesn't exist. But I can't. Everything got so out of hand so quickly. I didn't even know it was you that night - not until it was too gods damn late. I could go on about how I wish things were different, and I wish I had something more profound to tell you.

I could tell all about what I've been through, the events and twists in my life that led up to my worst moments. But those are just excuses, at this point. The truth is, I don't know why I did what I did. I was angry, and I let it control me.

Instead, I write you this letter to tell you that I am going to change the past. Or I'll try, at least. There is a war coming that we can't hide from, that we can't run from. We need fewer forces working against us.

I will always admire you as an enemy, you have been one of the most formidable people I've ever faced. I'm not afraid to admit that. But I remember when we first met, we both wanted to protect Sunjata, bonded over it. At the time it was the most important thing to us. Because he was the one in danger. But now it's more than just one man, more than just one person's past come back to haunt them. It's everyone. It's this world. It's our friends, our family, the people we know, and life beyond them too. Everything is at risk.

I want to look beyond us, beyond what's been done. I want to make things right.

My question is this: if I can bring Atlas back, would it be enough? To put an end to all of it, put it all behind us. If you won't help me, will you at least let me try?
but I've got you by a thread
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Valkyrie

It is some time before a response comes, but the raven is sent back with a small bow attached to its leg - message received. Another bird comes days later, an envelope addressed to the Firebrand in its clutch. Within, an elegant script on a neatly folded piece of parchment.

Aurelia,

I will admit I had never expected to see these words from you, or perhaps any at all. For that alone you prove yourself more virtuous than I had thought.

What you took from me that night was the one thing I was unwilling to lose. The only thing I had left. I know your soul has not had the honor of being tied to another, and so I cannot expect you to understand why it was such a heinous act. Had you sent me this sooner, perhaps I would have taken it as a sign to show you exactly how that pain feels. But while I can never forget what you did, I cannot turn aside from my involvement, the blame I must shoulder for Atlas being there at all.

I am grateful to not be the same woman I was that night. It appears - and I hope I am correct in this assumption - that you are not either. You're right in that we cannot afford infighting with the war approaching. As an opponent, as a woman and a leader, I have admired you from the moment we met. Wrongs aside, it would be an honor to have you at my side as the war approaches.

Sunjata and I have mended our bridges. Perhaps it is time you and I mend ours.

I will help you. Even if you cannot bring Atlas back to me, your willingness to try is something I will not turn a blind eye to.
Sincerely,
Hotaru Kaito the Valkyrie
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.