[se] like starting over
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
The Sword kept his oaths; evening pressed in its wild hues and illustrious colors, figments of blended sunset rising up over the tides as he settled the last offering upon Ludo’s shrine. A little train set, completed and whittled out of wood, the pieces all arranged lightly on the precipice of the altar, next to the assortment of others left by individuals not fearing the sea. He took one last look at the nestled brethren, before turning back towards the sand, where Belial and Zuriel waited.

The long beach stretched out from the waves, the port busy, people hustling and bustling despite hours of daylight reaching their end. Different from Halo – the climate permitting those eager for any method of wheeling and dealing to persist well into the twilight, while the mountains range ensured all of that took place indoors. Here, the business ventures were up front in their duplicity – and he snorted as he watched the world flicker down and around. The wares he’d set up, at the very least, hadn’t been touched or tainted by passersby, considering his companions guarded them.

Well, Belial did – but only because the open fire and spit had yet to fully cook the Hels rotating along – and he continually sized them up in anticipation. “Soon,” the soldier snorted as he strolled closer, rolling up his sleeves, pant legs already done so due to the watery walk to the shrine. The peryton gave an earnest squeal at the notion, spinning around the flames several times before sitting down and glancing upwards again, eternally watching. Shaking his head, Deimos lit a few more lanterns, placing them down in the sand, presuming Shaye would be here eventually.
i'm in the mood to dissolve in the sky
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

When she comes through the portal, she's dressed in more casual attire for this visit. No leather-clad armor beneath pounds of fur. Just simple linens paired with a well-insulated cloak, the materials faded and worn-in without being tattered. The moment she finds herself on the docks, she's already begun unfastening the clasp on her cloak. She folds it over one arm and goes forth.

As she makes her way past settled ships and boats, walking brusquely past the people that mill about, her gaze scans the sandy horizons for a familiar figure. Eventually, she locates him somewhere nearby in the sands, tending lanterns with his pants all rolled up and his feet dripping wet.

"I hope you don't plan on going for a swim," she comments while she's still a few feet away, coming to a halt when she is closer to him and his lantern. More formally, she says, "Good evening. I trust you've taken good care of the guild while I was gone?" A knowing smile crosses her lips.

Her gaze turns in favor of observing the layout, and she suddenly regards the peryton with raised eyebrows. "Ah, hallo! Who is this?" She asks as she walks toward the beast.
'cause it's all we know and it's only change
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Zuriel, designated watcher as the other companion was too busy surveying the food, turned her noble head and narrowed her eyes, alerting him to Shaye’s presence well before she parted through crowds or ushered words. Crouched down, fixing the lanterns, ensuring they ignited without a thought, the man tilted his head in direction, a light wrinkle to his nose. “Already did,” then shrugged his shoulders, gaze flickering back towards the edge of the waves. “Could always go again though.” He presumed, given the way of things, Halovians weren’t much for swimming – unless they went to the hot springs in the Climb, and even then, perhaps they didn’t believe it worth the trek.

Rising back up to his full height, he arched a brow at her comment, already busy again with pledged foods – conjuring a tray consisting of bread and cheese from off in the shadows – safe from the peryton’s clutches. “All in good hands,” he rumbled, before handing the container towards her, though pausing slightly as her attention fixated firmly on Belial. "Have not set it on fire again."

The aforementioned companion turned his cranium briefly to chirp a hello, wings unfurling for half a second, seemingly pondering to either greet in rapid, irritating facets, or to remain on guard for the roasting bird. He settled for the latter, as Deimos rolled his eyes. “Belial. A peryton. Found him in Halo, actually.” He shrugged his shoulders, as if this was a customary thing. “Hunting ningos.”

Permitting Shaye to inspect the deer as she wished – he settled along the sand, long limbs stretched out, stare going back and forth from her and then to the sea. “How was your trip?”
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Shaye

She watches with mild interest as he sets ablaze the flames of the lanterns through no physical reactions, only the talents that he was blessed with. It's clear that he did, indeed, already go into the water. She wonders why, but then she had never had a taste for swimming. But then, she's also from a place that's incredibly cold. "I'm not a strong swimmer, certainly no match for the ocean," she admits in a moment of transparency, looking away at the waves with a small frown.

(That his unicorn is present is another point of interest, though Shaye can only entertain one thing at a time - and they aren't really here for the animals.)

He rises up from the sands and at his mention of not setting the building ablaze again, Shaye ducks her head a bit, not having meant anything by her comment but understanding how it was taken nonetheless. Her memory serves her well, especially in regards to the chaos that bent the world she lived in out of shape. He had belonged to Halo, and Halo to him, but now he needed to find something else. She understood that, and had not come here to chide or belittle. So she turns her attentions to the peryton just as he starts to hand her the tray of bread.

It makes her hesitate - she has no desire to be rude - chuckling softly as Belial bleats a greeting her way. "I wish I had known, I might've brought him some ningo jerky," she offers a grateful smile as she glances back up at Deimos, turning to accept the tray of food he offers. She adds, "but there is always the next time."

Deimos settles into the sand and, following suit, she takes up the open space across from him, allowing for ample elbow room. Inadvertently {or perhaps purposefully} blocking his view of the ocean. She takes a piece of bread for herself before handing the container back across to him. "It was fine," she replies, "but it's hard getting used to how warm it is everywhere else."

She glances him over, considering his situation and the question before asking; "Do you like it here?" Then she proceeds to take a small bite of the bread.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Oh, but Zuriel watched. A careful observer, much like her bonded, except hers came with pride, superiority, and a level of arrogance she’d crafted through her life. The mare narrowed her eyes, sidling out from the shadows, hovering along the reaches of the lantern’s light. Was it so she wasn’t forgotten, craving the integral attention? Or lurking in curiosity? Hard to say and hard to tell, but Deimos arched his brow in mocking inquiry towards her, saying and offering naught else. Suspicions drawn both ways, perhaps.

Leaving the unicorn to her own devices and speculations, the soldier snagged at his bag as Shaye proclaimed what he’d figured over swimming; taking out the honey butter he’d found at the market, an accompanying knife, and some grapes he’d forgotten he’d stashed. Snagging the tray once more so it rested between them, he placed the multitudes of food along its surface, contemplating what to procure. “The Miana Pool is further down, and a lot calmer.” But he wouldn’t push the topic, hands grabbing a slice of bread and cheese, biting into it as she surveyed Belial.

Not offended by her previous quip, and long since accepting of the consequences rendered over his shoulders, he allowed the moment to pass through without another comment. The notions about the peryton though instigated bemusements. A snort rumbled through again, an easygoing laugh. “He is very spoiled. Do not worry about it.” There was some chirp of disgust in response, but Deimos ignored it. “Next time.”

For some reason, he didn’t expect her to sit across from him – so the sunset hit proportions of crimson hair and not the waves; tilting his head vaguely, watching for half a moment, before snatching at a miniature vine of grapes. “Not many seem to believe we are quite indulged in Halo,” and he grinned then, a broader thing, as if all the memories came to light in far grander measures – especially when they didn’t have to worry about the unbearable nature of the heat. But then it must have sounded like he still lived there, and the smile curled away, and he picked a grape off its section.

The Sword didn’t know what to do with the inquiry for a second, machinations carefully picking through his mind before answering. “I do not mind it. I was born beside the ocean,” in another world, in another place, in another time altogether; and his eyes flickered to the sea itself, to the salty breeze, to the sand beneath his frame. “But it is not home.” Not for a man with winter in his bones, in his breath, in his blood. He ate the fruit quickly then, as if to ward off any melancholy threatening its way onward. By way of purposeful distraction, he mused out loud. “Do you want to discuss monsters or Halo first?”
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

She eyes him curiously at the mention of a calm pool further down the bay. Did he mean to teach her to swim? A point of interest but, not one she wishes to commit to just yet. She isn't sure if she is more hesitant about Deimos and his own instrumental measures, or the unpredictability of the ocean waters. This meeting would surely settle that debate.

Deimos' laugh is a sound that both echoes and hammers, spreading over the sands and shuddering through the light surrounding them. It reminds her faintly of her brothers, the way their laughter would similarly thunder through the earth. She eyes him with a fainter smile, watching how his chest reverberates the sound, until it fades. Then she hums a soft, amused sound of agreement, "Your companions both look very well taken care of. I've always wanted to have one of my own." Her tone on the last comment is wistful as she spares a glance toward the dark mare lingering on the edges of the firelight, aware that she is watching. Casting her gaze back over Deimos, she adds, "My father's hawk is a formidable hunter. I admire him, love him as one loves a brother. But it isn't the same bond. And, I believe he prefers men anyway," she chuckles at that, her chin jutting upward.

She turns her attentions to the grapes in the same moment he does, reaching for the same branch. Just as he pulls it away, she inclines forward to snag a single, round fruit off the end playfully. As she crushes the grape between her lips, she isn't sure why she did it. There's more than enough to share.

He says something that seems normal enough for her, enough that she doesn't catch it like he does. But he loses his smile to the depths of his dark beard, and she wonders, and her smile wanes too. She says little else for a moment, until he tells her more about himself. Growing up beside the ocean, yet finding that it wasn't where he belonged. He indulges in the grapes and Shaye tears off a vine for herself then, commenting, "Mm, the mountains are far better. Your instincts are right."

She holds the vine in one hand for now, setting aside her partially-eaten bread. "You miss it," she observes, presumes, and thusly points it out (it isn't hard for her to figure out, she would too). Sighing softly, she decides, "let us talk about it last, then. I am very curious as to what sort of monsters you want to hunt. Though, to be honest, I think some of us would benefit from specialized training, and preparation, first. Myself included," she plucks a grape off, spinning it between her thumb and forefinger as she looks back up at him with a sharper smirk, "You don't really plan on letting that girl - Paige? - hunt monsters... do you?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“Thank you,” and he prided himself on the compliment with a small, indulgent grin – they were taken care of, and orchestrated the same for him. How many times had Zuriel saved not only his own skin, but many others? The unicorn snorted somewhere beyond his shoulder, and he reached up to pat her on the muzzle, tilting his head vaguely back towards Shaye at the comment. “What sort?” For there were a vast majority in the world – some easily sought and won over, and others not so yielding.

He recalled the distinction of their family somewhere in the annals of his machinations – hawks and falcons, warriors of avian predators. “Then perhaps you will get your own,” with a boyish wrinkle to his nose, as if that could satisfy the longing of bonds – maybe, if one tied itself to her soul. He narrowed his eyes briefly at her sudden game of snagging at one of the fruits he’d picked – easily goaded and provoked into devilry or mischief, by the same token, he flicked one of the more squished grapes with his fingers – waiting to see where it launched back upon her.

Pretending like he hadn’t been purposefully irritating, he grabbed hold of some glasses out of his bag too, as if just remembering. “Do you have a drink preference?” The soldier instantly filled his with water, having not drank anything alcoholic since he and Ru had burned the very building he intended to salvage. He lifted his eyes and head a fraction as she proclaimed he missed it – the mountains, the summits, the peaks, even the long, stretch of tundra and ice under his feet. “I do.” Then he went back to the bread, placing a slice of cheese on top.

Monsters were an easier topic anyway, and he wouldn’t have to simmer or rebound out of melancholic voids. “Only the ones that are threatening people,” suffice to say, he had no intention of wandering deep into the abyss and butchering creatures for no reason. “We had a sea panther here some years ago,” and his jaw jutted out towards the waves. “It was slaughtering those on the beach.” An example of where he’d venture and why he devised into those methods, brow furrowing only slightly at the recollection. “Otherwise, there are ample amounts of animals to study. Gaining knowledge can be a way of hunting. I see no issue in educating those willing to learn.” He shrugged his shoulders, pausing to take a bite of his food, only just now catching onto her other comment. “Depends on what kind of training you need. Or what you have already done and seen.” A spurring of an inquiry, perhaps, in the way his curious volleys rounded back to her.

As for Paige? He laughed again, though this was quieter, not giving way to the multitudes in his chest. “No, I do not. But she is precocious, and bold. There will be no harm in her coming to the guild and training, under watchful eyes.” He paused for a second, another thought dawning on him. “And I will keep the armory locked.”
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

"One like... her?" She suggests, nodding to look across the unicorn's strong build, the dark horn at the crest of her head. "What kind is she? I think I would like one that's fast," and she offers an ambitious smile in his direction, "it might help me in my traveling, which I think I'll be doing a lot more of now." It could also be useful in more dire situations, in cases of urgency or need, but she doesn't think she needs to explicitly say that. Becoming a monster hunter, one would need to be well-equipped.

Shaye meets his narrowed gaze with a pinch of her nose, only to have a rather squashed grape flick through her hair. Shaking it out, she scoffs merrily and shakes her head, finding a small desire to further her own childish antics but holding them off - for better moments to seek revenge, perhaps. She peers at his cup in the matter of preferred drink, saying, "I'll have whatever you're having..." she fixes the locks of hair that had come loose behind her ear, humming thoughtfully as he confirms her assumption about Halo's mountainous reaches. "I always thought companions chose you, not the other way around. How did you 'get' these two?" She tilts her head curiously. There wasn't a market for mythical creatures, after all.

He seems more eager to talk about the monsters and she's glad to have made the right choice in first topics, wondering to herself what exactly he would want to talk to her about Halo. But she pays more attention to the things he does say, nodding with approval and then concern when he brings up the monsters that have posed greater threats. As far as studying animals went, Shaye could appreciate that as well. "I have some books on the native wildlife of Halo that I can bring. Maybe I can find more, start a small collection for the guild's use, and we can make a point to journal our own findings as well," of course, reading books wouldn't hunt the monsters for them but it might help prepare them for what lay beyond the guild's safe walls.

At his latter comment, of what she already knows, she pops the grape into her mouth and chews it down for a moment before taking a lengthy sip of water. Setting down the cup, she licks her lower lip and explains: "I hunt as well as any other, I'm familiar with most weapons but partial to long range - and I can make use of all parts of the animal. I made that myself," she motions to the fur cloak that's folded on the sand, and she has had plenty of practice in her years that it's a fine garment indeed. Enough fur in the linings to keep one warm even in Halo, and seams strong enough to hold even when faced with such a rugged terrain. Less confidently, she glances downward for a moment and then admits, "it's how I make a living these days. I... usually hunt smaller game, with hawks. I think the worst beasts I have ever faced are the Ursurs and wolves out on the tundra, but not because I sought them out," she pauses, leaning back a bit and lifting her chin in a stubborn measure, "but I do have healing, and a willingness to learn and grow. I think that I would be a valuable asset with time and training and for now? For now I will do whatever I can to help the guild flourish, I can craft clothing or armor that's needed, lend my arrows or a healing hand.." Her brows lift and she purses her lips together, wondering if it would be enough until she grew stronger, faster, sharper...

At his explanation for entertaining Paige, she smiles softly, "I agree. Training under someone like you will give her an advantage, should her... adventurous spirit remain."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
At the insinuation that she’d be a paragon of choice, Zuriel’s head lifted, content in her pride. Deimos refrained from rolling his eyes at the mare, shaking his head instead with another small grin tucked in the corner of his mouth. “Zuri can heal.” A necessity, when a being like himself could not. Speed for him was no longer an issue, given his other shifts and abilities, and the unicorn had proven herself when they were driven out of Halo – both swift and certain across the ice. Shaye’s notions and necessities were understandable, given the way life altered and morphed.

He met her gaze in return, waiting to see what occurred after boyish goading – narrowing the piercing slate briefly as she didn’t prosper vengeance. Leaving it at that, and if he was disappointed he didn’t show it, he filled her cup with water, then began picking and choosing over more of the fruit. There was a soft laugh to follow on her inquiry, only because the first of the stories was more than dangerous and asinine. “You can always ask the gods for one.”

The Sword glanced her way before popping another grape into his mouth, and thereafter gestured to the equine. “She was being chased by a landshark, and I stepped in the way to slay it. Nearly lost my arm.” And he wouldn’t be bringing a hunting party to go snag at one of those cretins anytime soon. “I think she took pity on me, repaired the damage, and instigated the bond.” Chosen, he supposed, by bravery and determination. “Found Belial in Halo. Heard screams and thought something was being slain.” Lured out into the cold, brutal evening. “Turns out it was just him hunting.” And he hadn’t been quiet since. The soldier shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe he saw me as easy pickings.” And the peryton had been spoiled rotten since.

He perked up immediately at the insinuation of books, and not having to recreate the wheel. “That would be great. I have started out on some journals and picked through what we already have,” but it wasn’t enough for the entire guild, which seemed to be growing rapidly in membership. “And we will always need more.” Contribution was contribution, and if he could delegate, or have the voluntary base already settled into the core crew, it was less of a burden on his shoulders. A working order, instead of him running himself ragged again and again.

He’d known Halo individuals to be strong hunters – he’d followed Noah closely when he’d first wandered out into the Tundra. That Shaye was amongst those didn’t surprise him; not with the toughness and fortitude of the mountain people. A deeper grin followed as he looked to the furs, nodding in her accomplishments and already instilled might. “Sounds like you are a valuable asset now.” Mending and assuaging would always be a boon, especially out on hunts. “And we can work on the rest.”
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

Shaye's ambitious smile lends itself more to amusement as she watches the unicorn flaunt her grace. "Zuri?" She clarifies, wondering, "That is her name? Where does it come from?"

If he's disappointed that she didn't pursue their game, she doesn't realize it. She takes him for a far more fierce and serious man. However! The fact that he had retaliated at all meant that there was far less she knew about him than she'd first suspected. He could be stony and rigid, but underlying that visage was someone lighthearted. She tucks away the realization for later. He laughs in his suggestion to ask a god, and she takes it as a tease rather than anything else. Smirking softly, she remarks with a slight of rancor, "As if the gods would ever answer a fool like me." She held nothing against them, in their own right they were powerful entities capable of making the world turn - or spin on its axis. For them, she held respect and fear and admiration all at once - if for no reason other than tradition. But she did not consider herself special enough to receive their undivided attention, especially given her race.

As Deimos continues on to tell the stories of how he acquired his bonded, Shaye retrieves her unfinished piece of bread and douses it with a generous glob of honey. The way she devours it is almost greedy, and she does stoop so low as to lick her fingers when it's finished. "Mm, I think I take pity on you as well," she declares, looking up from the crumbs as she dusts them off her lap. There's a teasing sharpness in her gaze, as she explains, "with food like this at your fingertips, you'll grow very fat in no time. Then you really will be easy pickings for Belial." And she dares a chuckle at that.

Shaye nods, simply happy to be of any use at all, and decides conclusively, "I'll see what I can find." Maybe there were libraries in the city of Haulani, shelves she could peruse for more information regarding the shores and jungles surrounding them here in Torchline. Her thoughts brim with more and more ideas as to how she can be an effective member of the guild, even after she tells him all she has to offer, that she's caught by surprise at his confidence in her already. Her brows raise just a fraction and her gaze snags against his, for a moment doubting that he really means it. But she sees nothing that might tell of misleading adulation, not that she can tell anyway. "Hmm.. maybe," she says reflectively, her mind pouring over other scenes; instances where she had not been enough.

She shifts and straightens in the sand. Meaning to brush past the moment, she clears her throat and says, "Now that we have that out of the way, what is it you wanted to talk to me about? It's about Halo..." her stare narrows inquisitively, "but what of it?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
There’d been another time when the same inquiry had been asked, and it knotted in the back of his mind like a petulant twist and turn. One look from the unicorn centered solely on him, and he nodded, ensuring the memories dissipated away. “Zuriel. It was her own. Means strength, a rock of faith.” And she’d proven that in multitudes and abundance; namesakes lingering in more than rooted grace and auras of dignity.

Partaking in another slice of cheese to ward off any melancholy threatening to strangle, he mused quietly as she uttered her statement about the gods. Abandoned, much like himself, all seemed to carry those similar dispersions – convictions over lack of worth, apprehension, trepidation, presumptions built up from the nuances of Caido’s history. Except there’d been some who had proven the distinctions wrong. “Having magic does not make you a fool.” He grabbed another smaller piece of bread, then rose, dusting the sand off his pants, before stepping towards the fire, and checking on the roasting Hels. “It took me a long time to see one. Not until I wanted to Attune.” His eyes drifted away from her for a moment, inspecting the birds, rotating the spit while Belial maneuvered around his feet.

The soldier’s eyes flicked back over to her as she snagged at the food, distracted momentarily, and it took a moment for her words to sink in. Fat? And then he laughed, and it was another echoing, bounding measure this time, unfurling from his chest before he could even think to stop it. Not in his line of work – which was consistent with training, hunting, gathering, running, chasing down other plotting, calculating efforts, or hastening off to another land. The Sword shook his head, before deciding the Hels were fine and cooked through, and beginning to take them off the spit.

He chanced another glance at her from his vantage point as the question pinpointed back to the true heart of the matter. “We want Halo for the Old Gods,” which she would’ve known given the dramatics of the previous year. His head tilted, and incantations conjured plates to place the birds within, carving off pieces with a hunting knife he extracted from his belt. He purposefully took his time in all measures, considering ramifications and possibilities, before handing her the plate, and then started feeding his companions – oats for Zuriel taken from his bag, and another one of the birds for Belial, not touching his own quite yet. “I was curious on where you stood.” For Old, for New, or for the fabled neutrality.
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

"A good name, then. My mother believes that your name predicts what you'll become, like fate," she tilts her head back up to admire the unicorn one more time before the conversation continues onward about the matter of Abandoned prayers going unanswered by the Gods. He rises to his feet, bringing her attention fully back upon his tall frame. "And which one Attuned you? Wait, let me guess..." She presses her lips together thoughtfully, tasting remnants of honey on them, "Ludo?" Maybe it was a wild guess, or maybe she was trying to draw a conclusion from what she knew of him so far.

She eyes him with a mischievous glint in her eyes as he looks over at her, only for it to fade as it seems to take a minute for him to realize the joke. Then he laughs, and her grin returns, lighthearted in nature. Deimos' laughter fades into the night as the cooked bird is taken from the flame. She watches with interest as plates and utensils appear from, well, not-nowhere. Taking the plate gently, she settles it in her lap to eat and talk more - now about the matters he was hoping to bring up. But for the question that given to her, she doesn't yet touch the food.

We, he says, and Shaye's narrowed gaze falters at that. Deimos, Hotaru, Noah, apparently Cordelia as well; all of the people they had lost in because of political discord. Banished for their actions against the Warden. The chaos and terror that had ensued, those unprepared fleeing to the ends of the ice. But Shaye had been among those who'd remained, as she always would. Blame it on sentiment, faulted loyalty, too many ties.

"My family's lineage dates back to the beginning of Halo," she begins, "'we are as much a part of it as the mountains, the ice, the Ursur that roam the tundra.' That's what my father used to tell us, before my brothers died. And he would want me to swear myself to the Old Gods; to say that I'll raise my bow in their honor and lay down my life to protect the world they've created," she can hear the words spoken in his voice as if he had said them. She pauses for a short time, blinking downward toward the sands between them and garnering a moment of silence for her fallen family. Shaye knows she could never amount to what her father had wanted and, for all that she tried, she would always fail. Lifting her gaze back up, she finally answers Deimos' question, "But I stand with Halo first and foremost; I stand with the people. Because I know that, without them, there is no Halo. Wherever the war leads, I will be there to make sure my home remains standing-" untouched, preferably, but who was to know where the wiles of war would lead the masses, where the extent of destruction would cease, or where scorning Gods would set their sights... Would invisible lines on a map even matter, in the end? "-or else fall with it..." her tone dampens at that, her gaze diverting again. One thing remains clear, though: she would not leave her homeland, no matter what ties Morgan - or whomever - decided upon.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword had never been a firm believer in fate, so he merely smiled at the notions. At her guess towards which deity had Attuned his fixtures though, he shook his head; perhaps he still wore a shroud of death over him, no matter where he roamed or how he changed. “Safrin.” Thereafter though were preparations, and once he was certain his animals were settled into their accompanying dinners, he turned his attention and movements back to where he’d been before – settling into the sand across from Shaye.

And eternally the listener he remained, not touching his food yet either, as she began to explain where she lingered in all these spiraling accords. Where her family had tread, where footsteps had been buried into the ice for hundreds of years, where ancestry and lineage intertwined with summits and peaks, tundras and snow. The silence in between could’ve told a thousand different things, but he didn’t sift, didn’t compel, didn’t insist – waited as the explanations ran their course.

Then he nodded, unfurling a long breath before his piercing gaze landed solely on hers. “Good. Because we stand with them as well.” For the people – and he’d always been that way, from the very beginning of whatever life had etched and sketched its way into his horizons. “And under Morgan’s leadership, and ties to the Voice, I worry for them.” And while it was their land, and Shaye proclaimed she’d be there no matter what occurred, this wasn’t a time for idle hands and hoping for the best. “It is your home, but no one should sit by and wait for her to ruin it. That is why the decisions comes from all of you. You have the power.” If they could just see that – beyond all the political strains and skewed ideology, the farce of neutrality, the bending and breaking, the chiseling ways of moments that were slowly, slowly, running out.

He supposed, it mattered in the end, whether or not they’d rather align with the Voice’s influences corroding the world from the inside.
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

Shaye tilts her head slightly, listening as he speaks. To put any tension in the air to rest, however, she decides to cut into a slice of meat and begins to munch away at it as Deimos speaks. He's her guild leader; she'd resigned herself to his leadership and so she has no quarrels with it - out of respect. But Morgan is also her leader, beyond that, in Halo.

She watches him carefully as her jaw works on finishing her most recent bite of bird. "What you're insinuating.." she finally replies once he's made his point, "that I'm letting Halo fall to ruins by not taking action against Morgan... if I were a lesser person, I'd be insulted." Her tone holds no hostility, though her words are direct.

"But I do believe you; that you're speaking from a place of concern, for Halo," she continues, her shoulders visibly relaxing, "I have my own concerns, not necessarily about Morgan... although, I wouldn't doubt that she has her own agenda for doing what she's doing," she considers, "but neutrality seems to have its benefits for Halo as a whole. We would lose our Ascended citizens if we turned our backs to the Voice... Not just Neron but Kiada as well, and others." (as in NPCs because Halo has like 5 citizens total to speak of soz) She sighs, feeling the heaviness of the topic weigh against her very bones, "But with the Voice's power, who's to say they won't be forced to fight? One way or another. And why wouldn't they fight for their lives? Which is understandable but, if half of our citizens are suddenly gone, Halo would be weak, vulnerable... more than it already is." She shakes her head as she casts her green gaze over the fire.

In favor of continuing to be direct rather than beating around the bush, she aligns her gaze back against Deimos' and says, "Let me ask you this. If you and the others with you are to come back to Halo, take leadership there or be given that power somehow in spite of the Ascended... what would your plans be?"