Training [SE] Warming up for the season
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

Sah had found himself at the training field once more. The Abandoned hadn't had the chance to keep up his usual routine lately with all the chaos that had been occurring in the last season. He'd had to make do on the road then in terms of coming up with creative ways to further his magic and fighting prowess.

As such, being back at the barracks was a welcome change. Focusing on the training dummies, Sah went through some basic warm-ups with his sword. The blade wasn't charged with magic at the moment, so it cleanly cut the dummies as the Outlander slashed his way through them.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

{Granted that this takes place after the ME and war is a point of concern} Shaye ends up in the barracks to do just as anyone else here might want to; hone her skills, sharpen her swords, reinforce her shields.

But for now she only peruses the grounds, passing over the weapons racks and the shields multiple times without ever taking one. In her rounds, she watches as the young man draws his sword against a wooden dummy. Slowly, casually, she walks closer. She finds a wall to lean against, her fur cloak draping across the frosty stones as she rests her elbow on them. Her green eyes watch every movement of his blade as it slashes cleanly through the wood and thatch.

"You're pretty good at that," she remarks casually, raising her voice so as to be heard. "Hey, weren't you at the council meeting? Your family isn't from Halo... is it?" Otherwise, she thinks she'd probably know of him. Or his family, at the very least. But she can't place him anywhere, aside from more recent events.
Lost in a labyrinth and left with no way out
I built this hall of mirrors all myself
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah straightens up and turns at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. "Thanks." Sheathing his sword, he walks over so that they're within a comfortable distance for conversation. The women's questions get a nod, "I was. I'm Sah. I'm on the council and I'm an Outlander. I've only been in Caido for just under two years." He's blunt about it, just stating the facts. He'll never be ashamed or hide what he is.

Sah raises a brow at the women, a relaxed grin in place, "I remember you from the meeting. Remind me of your name?" Apart from the meeting Sah can't recall ever running into her.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Shaye

She straightens up as he sheathes his sword, smiling softly in appreciation of the respect he grants her now they're meeting in a more private setting. Sah, a simple name. Able to be uttered in a single breath. It fit, in the grand setting of Halo; a simple land with simple cultures. And he seemed to fit in, himself, and confidently at that - which only garnered more of her own interest in who he is.

"Just under two years," She echoes thoughtfully as she takes in the information he so freely gives, "well, that is an accomplishment - especially for an Outlander - and you have my respect. That being said, you fit in here... are you from a land similar to ours?" Despite Shaye's own belief in the greatness of Halo, she understands that its cold reaches aren't for the faint of heart. Those that decided to fix their foundations into the snow were either very strong and hardy.. or foolish enough to think they were. Few lasted, even for two years.

She extends a gloved hand to him, meaning to shake his own, "My name is Shaye. I'm from the Flynn Clan. My people have been in Halo since the beginning. Or at least, as far back as the records will show." And she tilts her head a bit higher now, smile still there. It establishes her as a Natural with deep roots - as opposed to his own origins. It's a fact she isn't ashamed of, either.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The compliment is a bit of a surprise, and it probably shows on Sah's face. "Thank you. I'm doing the best I can." It was all he could do really. How could he not pour his all into adapting and thriving? Doing anything else would have been giving up on himself and his future.  

A small melancholy smile stretches across the Outlander's lips at Shaye's question, "Is it that obvious?" Sah lets out a chuckle before his eyes turn towards the Draig in the distance, "I'm from a place that was most like the Draig, snowy mountains and ice." Eyes returning to Sahye he gives a slight shrug, "Halo is probably the closest to my home terrain I'll ever get." Sah loved Halo in all of its ice and snow. But he did miss climbing the mountains of his homeland.

Sah takes Shaye's offered hand without hesitation, "Good to meet you." His smile stretches into a slight smirk as the handshake ends. "The Flynn Clan, huh? Maybe I should have gone to you all for help when I first arrived."

There's mirth in his eyes now, "I might have come from a similar land, but the culture learning curve was pretty steep at first." One hand comes up and sheepishly rubs the back of his neck, "Still is, sometimes."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

She nods once in affirmative understanding, of doing all that he could. It's a sentiment, she feels, that would resonate among most people these days. "We all are," she offers calmly as she straightens. She listens quietly as he explains where he came from before being sucked into Caido's universe, taking her imagination to a place like the Draig. It's even harsher than Halo ever could dream to be, and she doesn't admire that he once lived in a place like that. But people are who they are born to be, it's not always a choice. "I hope it brings you some comfort to be here, then," she says kindly, understanding though that it wasn't the same.

Her grip on his hand is firm but doesn't last very long at all before she releases. At his comment about going to the Flynn Clan for help, any casual mirth in her gaze flutters and a small frown interrupts the smile she was wearing. "Er- no, that would not have been best," she advises, "not many of the people in my Clan are as open to outsiders as I am. Halo needs to grow and flourish in order to continue on, and diversifying is an excellent way to do that. But not everyone will see it that way..." pride and elitism were the biggest flaws among her people, and Shaye is well-aware of that, "however, if you ever need help with anything, don't count me out. You're a Halovian and as such I will do my best to take care of you. I can supply clothing, bedding, food... a listening ear..?" She tilts her head a fraction and offers him a lighter smile now, pausing to let the offer sink in, used to too-proud Halovians that might think she considered them incapable of taking care of themselves. So she wonders how Sah will take it, being that he's an outsider and all that.

Once proper introductions are all said and done, though, she glances over his shoulder and says, "Right now it seems like you could use a training partner. I'm no soldier but I think I'd put up more of a fight than him," and she points out the dummy he'd torn up.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah let out a small sigh, "It does." It truly wasn't the same, but the icy tundra was more than just a consolation prize. He truly did love Halo and its fortress of snow and ice. Maybe one day he'd venture higher to the home of dragons, but not anytime soon. He wasn't that reckless, thankfully.

Shaye's explanation of her clan's ways pulls a snicker from Sah and a raised brow. "Oh? Then I'm glad that I didn't." He's seen enough elitism in this world and his own to know that he dodged an arrow with that one. Still, the woman's offer makes his smirk soften into something resembling gratitude. "Thank you, I've mostly gotten my feet under me. But I'll keep your offer in mind." Sah was proud, undeniably. He'd adapted quickly and was mostly settled into his new life. But he had only gotten to this point due to the help of his neighbors, and it wasn't a fact he'd soon forget.

Sah follows Shaye's line of sight and grins, "That sounds good. It is rather boring to go after a stationary target." Walking back onto the field he sends a question over his shoulder, "Weapons or hand-to-hand? Your choice."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Change author:
Shaye

Shaye eyes his face as the expression on it softens and, behind the polite decline, she can see the genuine gratitude shining through. "As I said, anything you need," she echoes her last statement, so that it might ingrain itself in his memory when he needs something at a later date. "Or if you know anyone who needs anything, you can point them in my direction," but she lets her point drop in favor of beginning the training.

She reflects his grin with a more serious look, however, not quite as inclined to battle as some others might be. The mention of hand-to-hand has her lips forming a tight line and she shakes her head, "No. Ready your sword. Let's practice what you're here for."

With that, she moves to grab herself a sword of similar ilk to make it a fair fight - at least in theory. As she turns back toward him she adjusts to the weight of it, tightening her fingers around the handle and swishing it through the air in a few mock-maneuvers. When she feels she is ready, she lifts her gaze up from her blade to meet Sah's dark eyes. "Ready," She says in warning, lifting her brows.

She'll make the first swing thereafter, the sword arcing above her eye level before it descends upon him. It aims to clash with the steel of his own, Shaye wanting to gauge just how strong he is.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah gives a small nod, "Will do." That was one thing the Outlander had grown to love about Halo. The people genuinely looked out for each other. It was a wonderful thing that reminded him of his pack but what made it all the more incredible was that the people in Halo extended the same sentient to strangers in their midst.

It's clear that Shaye takes her training seriously and Sah's demeanor shifts to accommodate it, his expression losing some of its mirth in exchange for focus. He adjusts the grip on his own sword as the woman prepares herself. And then the spar begins.

Shaye's form is solid, reflecting disciplined training that Sah can admire. Her blade strikes his own with a clang, but the Outlander holds steady and parries the attack. He then attempts a slight twist of their blades, trying to apply force in such a way that Shaye is forced to let go of her sword or injure her wrist.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare