{SE} tiptoe through the tulips with me
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Training and hunting. Hunting and training. Hunting, training, hunting, training... It continues like that every day. That's her routine now. She works with Deimos, trains, hunts, waits for Noah to be free, hunts some more, trains again, and she's okay with it. Even if it is monotonous. Cordelia needs a break and while hunting isn't exactly a break, given it's what she's been doing almost every fucking day, the Attuned finds herself slinking off into the jungle.

The itch for finding something bigger drives her forward, urging her to rely on her instincts, looking for a fight that she is sure to find in the greenery that grows wild here. Cordelia still isn't over the amount of green here. How it's just everywhere and the place seems to breathe. Her fingers curl around her bow as she steps through the underbrush, taking a moment to kneel and examine the earth for freshly overturned soil, hoping that what she's looking for is nearby.
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

If Shaye was going to begin hunting monsters, or anything beyond the cold reaches of Halo, she needed to get a better idea of what the rest of the world was like. Granted, she may have been taking the wrong approach. It didn't sit well with her to begin with. Going into the jungles alone, unfamiliar with the depths, armed only with a bow, leathers, and her own skills. She might've normally brought a hawk with her, but it was at home in Halo. The density of the jungle vines here would have made it impossible for any bird to fly at length, anyway.

She isn't tracking anything in particular, not until she finds scattered footprints and evidence of another person. They lead through, over, under the canopy of ever-changing vines. Shaye has to pick her way carefully after them in order not to lose herself. So it's only reasonable that it takes her a bit of time to actually find the person that left the trail.

And when she does, she makes no move to sneak up on them. Her motions through the undergrowth remain quiet, not wanting to attract unwanted attention, but she parts the vines to reveal her own frame from the undergrowth. The person crouched down over the earth is strikingly familiar, someone Shaye recognizes from home. Someone she hasn't seen or heard much of in quite some time, thought to have left but she didn't really know.

"Is that... Cordelia?" Her voice is a hushed whisper-yell, not meaning to impede the woman's hunt, but her surprise can't be stifled. "What are you doing here?"
Lost in a labyrinth and left with no way out
I built this hall of mirrors all myself
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

The huntress froze at the sound of rustling undergrowth, ears straining as her nostrils flare, scenting the air despite the fact that she wasn't shifted. Her instincts urging her to take advantage of all of her senses. There is nothing in the air except for the damp smell of the earth, humidity made the air thick, the smell of the luscious greenery almost overwhelming. Her hand inches towards the blade tucked in her boot, knowing it would be best in close combat, but just as she's preparing to turn with the intent to strike a voice cuts through the quiet of the jungle.

Cordelia whips around, amber eyes wide as they land on a familiar shock of red hair, jaw dropping slightly in surprise. "Shaye?" The smile that spreads across her face is bright and carefree as the woman stows in blade in favor of lunging forward, wrapping her arms around her friend she hasn't seen in some time, clutching her close in a familiar hug. "I could ask you the same thing." She laughs in disbelief, pulling back enough to look at her, taking in features she hasn't seen in some time.
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place