[se] it's not down to wiles
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
He met Sah more than halfway this time, though with no portal and no companions. The rush of the wind, the zeal of time, permitted him a strong heralding of freedom and liberation on sienna wings, turning his head to gaze over Halo with a melancholy that ordinarily might’ve strangled him whole. But not now, not when plans were coming to fruition, not when possibilities were rendering, blinking, setting in between the machinations. For now, he’d have to settle with simply being near.

The Climb only intrigued him for its enigmatic qualities – confusing and befuddling, for the plumes of fire, for the aura of menace, and then the surprising, healing foundations of Frey’s Breath. The Cathedral itself though was only one of those things; perplexing and obsidian and dark, causing the lightest wrinkle to his nose, finding himself rolling up his shirt sleeves once more. He’d explored these depths before, and didn’t bother staring at the basin again, simply waiting for Sah at the entrance of the room.
Unite and spread the heart apart
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah came up to the entrance with Lilly at his side. Unless there was danger such as with the haunted house, the Outlander hated being away from his companion. She was a source of comfort and confidence, a packmate in his eyes. Being without her hurt.

As Sah made his first step into the room however, Lilly dove past him and landed at Deimos' feet. The wolf gave the Sword a yip of greeting, tail wagging happily. Sah chuckled at the sight, relaxing under the waves of excitement and joy he felt through his bond with the wolf. Even now, Deimos was her second favorite person.

Still chuckling, Sah made his way over. "Hey Deimos, good to see you." There was so much they needed to discuss. Sah had acquired more information than he himself had expected via an anonymous and foreboding tip. He also imagined that Deimos, Cordelia, and Noah had also made progress on their plans and Sah was eager to hear what they had in mind.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The wolf’s loud yip drew him instantly away from wandering over to other Stygian surroundings, enough to snort as Lilly bounded towards his feet. Habitually, he crouched to greet the companion, hands extending to give pats and scratches, and to reach into his pocket to pull out some treat clearly meant for Belial at some point or another. Otherwise, his attention went to the Abandoned, head sweeping upward, tilting slightly, Attuned senses picking up on something nearby – but leaving it alone for now.

“Figured I would come to you this time,” instead of meandering through bogs or beaches, the patient, accustomed rumble echoing from his throat. “How have you been faring?” There’d been multitudes of ongoings, particularly when it came to bizarre houses, extensions of Monster Hunting exploits, and contacts made with other Halovians – somewhat hopeful they were inching closer to potential success.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

A small smile stretched across Sah's face as he watched Lilly receive her customary greetings. "I'm alright. Tired, but alright. Have you been well?" The Sword seemed well but looks could be deceiving. From what the Abandoned had heard, things had been hectic all over Caido lately and he had no doubt that Deimos was pulled into some of it.

Sah sighed heavily, "There's a lot that I need to catch you up on." Morgan, Halo's coming plans, progress with Halo's new residents, the information he'd received out of nowhere...A lot. Lilly let out a soft whine and walked back over to Sah, giving his hand a gentle nudge with her nose.

Giving his companion a pat on the head, Sah eyed their surroundings for a moment before spotting a few pieces of obsidian that vaguely resembled steps. Walking over, he sat down and patted the spot next to him, inviting Deimos to sit for what was going to likely be a long discussion. "I imagine Noah told you about the Sea of Glass?" That was a decent enough starting point.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Freeing Lilly from his motions and treats, the Sword stood once more to his full height, pondering over the state of Sah’s sentiments. Tired could signify an entire host of barrages and sieges, and so his brows furrowed slightly – either in worry for the Abandoned, or some other trepidation brewing behind the senses. “Busy,” which Deimos had always preferred. To grow listless or complacent, to have too much time to think and sink, was a dreaded semblance. And there was enough to do without him beginning to mire and sequester himself in a state of upheaval. At least he hadn’t been thrown into some other anarchy in the last month or so.

The heavy sigh made his brows arch back upward, allowing for his own breath to filter into the obsidian domicile. But he willingly followed, listening to the sounds of something along the walls, paying it no mind for the time being, settling along a top step and unfolding his long legs down to the blackened stone below. “He did.” Which caused some movement in their plans, of posts being placed on notice boards, on hoping eyes did more than just a scan the scrawl. “What happened at that house?” He’d been barred entry – left to sit and simmer or pace relentlessly around the domicile.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded, "The house was alive. Parts of it would grow sentient and try to kill us. It was touch and go at some points, but we all made it out in one piece. Inside though, there was a relic. If each relic does represent a God, then I imagine this one was Ludo's. It was a doll, a sentient one it seemed. I don't know what capabilities it has given that Locke managed to win it over before it could attack. He's an Attuned and he's the one who has it now."  Sah didn't know the man well enough to comment further on what that might mean.

The Abandoned tilted his head, "Did Noah find a relic in the Sea of Glass?" He suspected that was the case but there'd been no confirmation yet. Sah glanced at Deimos, "I spoke with Morgan while we were fortifying the Citadel in case the monster broke past them. She admitted to me that she's prayed to both the Old and the New Gods but the phrasing made it sound like her prayers to the Voice were more recent." She'd spoken of the Old in terms of past attempts on Halo's behalf. But she'd insinuated that her recent individual prayers had been for the Voice.

Sah shook his head, "She seems to truly believes she's neutral." It was painful to watch as Morgan genuinely tried to be neutral yet was constantly trapped by her own biases or the beliefs of others. She truly cared for Halo in her own way, even if it wasn't necessarily what was best for them. But her endeavors were actually playing in Halo's favor at the moment. She'd readily agreed to seek out an Old God for their request after all.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Maybe it was because he’d become so accustomed to every walk of life being a potential threat in Caido, but the fact that the house was alive didn’t really surprise him. Why wouldn’t it be just one more bizarre thing in a history of ridiculous, treacherous, sometimes asinine developments? “Glad to hear you all made it out, regardless.” That there was a relic contained, snagged, and snatched by someone named Locke (who he didn’t know at all), was all the more intriguing, fitting in some skewed portion of what he’d expected. His brow furrowed slightly, mind already beginning to portion together streamlined plots and machinations. “Do we know which side he favors?” Because even Attuned were known to switch – some notions clinging to Kiada.

As for other relics, the Sea of Glass one seemed to reel back into the topics at play. “I believe so,” (because that timeline was running a little behind in another thread) came on a rumble, eyes going down to the obsidian floor while Sah spoke of Morgan.

And her prayers to the Voice.

A sudden torrent of rage built up into his chest, feathering along his jaw, pressing into his eyes – narrowing dangerously, but not towards Sah, but at the world around them in general. “She is going to run Halo into the ground,” came on a growl, a tightening of his fists, coldhearted malevolence brewing behind every clipped syllable. “And the people with it.” He shook his head, perhaps to clear some of the acrimony twisting and turning like a knife; because they were running out of time, and for some reason he believed he’d had more of it. “I have been talking to the ones you mentioned before,” and he breathed, easing some manner of calm before he burst out of sheer frustration. That he was trying, even amidst all these other multitudes. “What on earth was she asking the Voice for?”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah shook his head, somewhat frustrated at his own lack of knowledge on the matter. "I don't know. I've only met him once before. I do know he lives in Torchline though." It was too difficult to judge someone's character or allegiances on the scarce information Sah had on the man.

The Abandoned waited as his friend shared his frustrations. It was true, all of it. Despite how much Sah wished it wasn't, in a war between Gods, you either chose a side or became the enemy of all. In hoping to keep Halo neutral, Morgan would leave it without the protection of any Gods as well as a subject of their suspicion. "She will. What's that saying...? Ally to none, enemy to all? That's the path she's taking Halo if things don't change."

Sah perked up at the mention of Shaye and Sylvia. "You have? Good. I've reached out to them as well. Hopefully it'll turn into something good." He was hopeful at least. As far as first impressions had gone so far, both women seemed to have good heads on their shoulders.

The Abandoned leaned back slightly and shook his head at Deimos' last question. "I don't know. But there is some good news." He smirked slightly at Deimos, "Halo chose to go to the Old Gods for our next request. We discussed it together with the citizens and we'll be seeking aid in increasing our aerial defense." The smirk turned cynical, "If it works out, no more surprise attacks from above." No more dragon backed coups.

Sah's brows furrowed slightly, "I don't know if we'll get an answer to our prayer though. Morgan, Neuron and me. That's Halo's council. Not exactly the most appealing group for the Old Gods." Chances where they'd be denied. But at least they could say they'd given it a try.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He nodded at the notions of Locke and his current whereabouts – placing that information in the back of his mind for access at a later juncture. Morgan’s rampant excursion into the abyss, and the way she threatened to take Halo with her, was enough of a distraction in the course of his machinations. The soldier took several calming breaths, hoping to ease away the fire in his soul, the depths of desecration he’d willfully march towards to ensure the mountains were out of her clutches. “What does she not understand,” muttered in some clipped course, a growl immersing from the back of his throat. All the things he’d told her about LongNight. About the Voice’s involvement with the blight. And now monsters potentially running rampant again. “She will end up sacrificing her people for her own agenda.” That wasn’t a leader.

That Sah had reached out to Sylvia and Shaye didn’t surprise him; it’d likely be easier for him given locations, but with the two women involved in the guild, the Sword might be able to share valid viewpoints as well.

The good news portion made him snort, but he stilled and listened, eyes narrowing in confusion, bewilderment, and then shaking his head, as if he couldn’t make sense of it. The regards earned a small snarl from the corner of his mouth, a wrinkle to his nose that could’ve been considered boyish if the rest of him wasn’t so irritated. “I am glad for Halo,” but not at the way it had come about. Not at the sentiments it scarred, withered, and coiled behind. At the assaults and sieges upon her own citizens.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Deimos's anger was understandable. Sah lacked the hatred that so many of his closest friends had, but even he was frustrated. Halo had become his home and the Halovians his people. To lose them due to lack of preparation and idealistic agendas was an unacceptable possibility. "I know. But we're working on fixing that." Slowly, but there was still progress being made.

Sah snorted a small cynical laugh, "Good. Because it was Halo that decided it. Morgan was the most unsure about it, but she caved." Likely due to Neron's support for Sah's argument, but the Outlander had a feeling that sharing that tidbit would only upset his friend further.  If he recalled, Deimos hated the hybrid in particular as well.

The younger Abandoned's brow furrowed as he recalled the last thing that needed to be shared. His voice grew serious as he eyed Deimos, "There's something else. I received an anonymous letter with some disturbing information. I can't figure out the context, but I did put up a slight warning on Halo's board regarding the worst of it. "

Sah reached into his pocket and handed a slip of paper to Deimos. "This is what I received."

So far wot we learned is this:

Likelihood = HIGH.
White = THIEF.
Gray = DEATH.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos rolled his eyes at the sentiments of Morgan being unsure, when she’d been the impetus for all the maneuvering parts. The fallouts. The furtive workings. Repercussion after repercussion, blinded and stupefied by all her ambitions, all her ideals, all her idiotic aspects. At least Halo was moving forward, despite her stupidity, meaning they could still overcome their own leaders’ bewildering, impractical paradigms. Strong and enduring, just as before.

He didn’t say anything more on the matter, because it probably would’ve been bitter and rancorous, and instead, moved his focus upon a letter Sah had received. Taking it silently, he read over the words with a furrowed brow, not quite understanding the context. His eyes flickered over it several more times, as if pouring over the contents might give him some frame of reference. “I am not certain what this means at all.” His index finger pointed to the white portions, striving to find the right proportions. “I know of white dragons, and they are thieves.” Considering the throne of treasure the one they’d all met within the Fangs had. “But I have not heard of any gray ones.”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah eyes snapped from the paper to Deimos as the Sword spoke. "You think it means dragons?" That did not bode well at all. Halo still had yet to fix the hole in its aerial defenses. One dragon shifted Ascended had been an issue. An actual dragon or multiple ones? They'd be defenseless.

Even more concerning was the concept of a grey dragon meaning death. The younger Abandoned's brows furrowed, "Do you think..." He almost didn't want to put it in words lest it be true. "Do you think maybe grey dragons might haven something like life-draining magic? If there are dragons with fire magic and such, it doesn't sound impossible." Dragons were already a force to be reckoned with. If one had such a lethal magic as well, it would be a far greater theat.

The likelihood piece was also disturbing. "High likelihood as in high chances of death, or high chances of an upcoming attack?" Sah mused under his breath as he reread the paper.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
“I am saying it could. It could also be something else entirely.” Logical and methodical to a fault, without anything else to go on, they were just hazarding guesses, but Sah was reaching for assumptions and conclusions once more, with nothing more to show for it. “Do not start assuming again. An idea is only that,” he warned – but it didn’t seem to matter, as the Abandoned began rallying up the ventures. Deimos almost wished he hadn’t said anything at all.

Trying to stave off the possibility of an incoming headache, he released a long breath. “Based on my experience, white dragons mean death too. All of them are powerful and strong.” They were best avoided or viewed from far away. Halo just happened to be in the danger zone for them, based on the proximity of the Fangs, and likely the Draig. “Some, like when Sunjata shifts, have lightning.” Who was to say which was more potent and lethal? When any could unfurl their abilities? Attempting to bring the advisor out of the panicking doldrums, he sighed once more. “If your assertions to defend Halo prove fitting, then you should not have to worry about any assaults from them.”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah pauses immediately at Deimos' reminder. Smacking himself on the cheek as if to kickstart his brain, the Abandoned let out a pained sigh. "Right. Things to consider, not things to act on." Rubbing his temples, he let out a grumble, "I feel like I'm trying to retrain my brain." That wasn't too off the mark, and he was genuinely trying his best.

Pushing past his stubborn brain, Sah focuses on Deimos' words, trying to absorb his knowledge. He had no idea who this Sunjata was, but it sounded like he was an Attuned with a dragon shift. He couldn't picture that being a common ability. Otherwise, real dragons wouldn't be as much of a threat.

He gives a quick nod at Deimos' reassurances, " Let's hope whatever we end up with will be enough, if the time ever does come." If it could even slow down a possible dragon, that'd be a blessing. Any extra moment to react or evacuate would be beneficial if a dragon attack did occur.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare