[SE] never-ending circles
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Is it courage or faith To trust that there will be light, Always waiting behind Even the darkest of nights?
Somehow we'll be okay. Don't be afraid - I choose to believe I was made to become a sanctuary
If she's here to debate whether she should go to the shrine or not, she doesn't make it obvious. In fact, she remains along the outskirts of the fields. Her stripes bleed in amongst the tall, yellowing grasses. Using the tiger's agile strength, she prowls, stalks, and gives chase over and over. Is it strange to see a fully-grown tiger playing with a bunch of grasshoppers? Maybe. But it's an urge she gives into if only to ease her mind for just a few moments.

The grasshoppers leap out left and right from between her large toes. Stubbornly, she continues to pursue them. Her tail streams out behind her in large, sweeping arcs. Right now, she resembles more of an oversized house cat than a dangerous carnivore.

In her wake and by no other fault than her own momentum, she loses her footing over a log and falls to the ground with a heavy THUD. The swarm of grasshoppers flee in all directions, a few of them rubbing their legs together and sending sparks along the breeze. Most of which end up along her whiskers. Ow! She snorts, rolling over and batting at her muzzle with large paws.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
It’s one of the last things he expects to see – though he shouldn’t be surprised. Flinthoppers are going wild in the Grounds yet again, a creature that Sunjata had little experience with, having never really come across one before. But he has come across the commentary of dealing with them before, and if nothing else, the Flood at least has water magic now to put out any flames – an upgrade from before.

He doesn’t notice the tiger at first – he’s also in that strange little dance between heading to a shrine or not heading to a shrine, still warring with himself and quietly thankful for the first time that his attuned bond has been taken, because he can’t quite stand to keep himself shut off from everyone else. He wants to feel it tighten the rope around his neck just a little while longer.

His head snaps up when he does notice the tiger, however. Focusing on her as she bats at her muzzle with her large paws and his brows draw together, recognizing the stripes and the distinct lack of wild tigers in the Grounds, before he approaches and waves a hand, water coming to life in the air beside him that he sends over toward her to douse any singed whiskers. “Hey Aurelia.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'Cause either I get there or don't, Those are both things that I know
The splash of water across her face is a boon, but it's unexpected. With a startled chuff, she blinks past the droplets on her lashes and looks to see who it is. The man looks odd from upside down, though, and she doesn't recognize him until he speaks out loud.

Sunjata? She rolls back onto her belly and pulls herself up onto all fours again. Her green gaze is penetrating as she stares up at him, seeking out an attuned bond that seems.. very difficult to find.

Still, she extends herself out across it anyway, presuming things are as they always have been. What are you doing here? Her ears swivel forward and she stares at him expectantly - yes, even for a tiger it looks pretty expectant. Only to be met with no response. None along the attuned forms, anyway. Her head tilts to one side, dog-like in the mannerism, Hello-o-o? Sunjaaata? You good? He doesn't appear very good. He seems off; she can't feel any of his emotions or thoughts like she used to be able to.

Relenting, she transforms back into her normal form, arms at her sides and her brows fixed in a confused look. "Hey- are you alright?" She asks, her voice quiet with concern, "Didn't think I'd run into you out here..."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Oh he hears nothing of her words. He doesn’t even notice her expectation in regards to an answer, in the look that she gives him with swiveling ears that look like little eyes the more they swivel back. Instead, his attention focuses on the next Flinthopper that tries to start a fire among the grasses, a light little chirp before he sends more of the water out over it to douse it and drown the insect. He only notices her look when the silence creeps in and he realizes that’s what she’s waiting for.

A dark brow rises before she’s shifting back into herself and his jaw feathers a second before he nods. “I’ve been better.” He admits, flashing a small unamused smirk her way, before he douses yet another Flinthopper. “Honestly? I didn’t think I’d run into you in the Grounds. But here we are.” It’s easier to focus on everyone else rather than himself at the end of the day. “I was debating going to the shrine out here before heading home. What about you?” He offers her, turning his steel gaze over toward her, shrugging a shoulder connected to his lightning scarred arm that’s completely missing the wave and star sleeved tattoos.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
His magical incantations toward the bug should be a tell-tale sign in and of themselves that something is different about him. But in her fixation on him, she only gives the notions a flick of the ear to acknowledge they even happened at all.

And when she's into human form, then he finally responds to her. So it wasn't that he'd been ignoring her after all. The deflection is fair, and she only meets it with a half-hearted shrug, a half-hearted half-smile.

"Could you not hear me?" She blurts out in question, leaning forward a bit in her confusion to figure out what's going on with Sunjata. But his question pulls her mind away from that and pulls it back, inward. To what she's doing; what's wrong with her. She sighs and looks away, "I'm.. actually in the same boat.."

As she looks back up, her expression turns from solemn to startled, bewildered. She moves forward to touch his arm in an examining effort {if he will allow it} before stepping back to look at him again, "Sunjata, what- what happened to your.. ?" tattoos. The one that Safrin had finished for him. She had known it so well, and to see it gone is the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard now that she's finally noticed. "What happened?" She turns a more serious eye on him now, brows more furrowed than they've ever been, it's almost painful how deep they sink in toward the bridge of her nose.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her blurted out question distracts him enough that he forgets about the water, about the magic, letting his little swirled pocket of water drop to the ground as he turns to face her more fully as he shakes his head. “No, I couldn’t.” He murmurs. If he had been in a shift, that would have been different… But as he’s been learning recently, things were different with the demigod powers that settle in his skin. Some things remained and some things had changed.

He does frown to hear that she’s in the same boat, scanning her freckled face and jade eyes before he looks away from her again toward the field behind her, unsure what to say to that other than ‘I’m sorry’, and while a lot of things were his fault, he doesn’t think that in particular is his fault. So he refrains, only offering a dip of his chin in acknowledgement.

But she startles and his brows inch together just as hers do, and he realizes it a bit belatedly, bringing the pale arm with lightning scars running up and down it into his field of view. “I betrayed Safrin by becoming a Frey demigod… They burned her out of me, took the tattoos and scrubbed my bones and everything.” He lifts his gaze from the tattoo-less arm to her face, something less confused in his gaze as he stares at her quite plainly, shoulders shrugging as if it wasn’t a big deal.

As if him nearly dying wasn’t a big deal.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
His answer is so short and simple that, really, it doesn't answer any of her questions at all. It only serves to confuse her more, because shouldn't he be able to hear her? Even when he's not in his own form? But she pauses in those questions in favor of everything else that happens.

And as he lifts his cleared skin, she can only stare hard at it in disbelief. Disbelief of his betrayal, as well, her gaze shaking back and forth as she tries to connect invisible dots. Except, maybe, in one of the last things they'd talked about. A plan for the war. Her mind doesn't jump to that immediately, but as she stitches everything together she eventually comes to a sort of realization.

Her tension fades and her shoulders slump down. She looks up, directly into Sunjata's face, only to be met with a very plain and rigid expression. "Things are changing," she murmurs, to herself as much as to Sunjata. "Seems I'm not the only one thinking about where I want to stand when the war begins..." she admits, trying to take in this new Sunjata and commit the changes to memory. "That's why you couldn't hear me," and here it clicks, realization splitting up the darkness in her expression, "that's why you have different magic."

"Why Frey?" She can't help but ask. Not "why betray Safrin", which is something that occurs to her to ask. However, currently, she might be one of the few that actually understands that part of it.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He lets her take as long as she needs to process the information, given that it’s a lot and there’s so much that’s constantly moving. A wheel that never seems to stop, after all. So when her shoulders slump his gaze finds its way back to her, something narrow and fragile as if he’s waiting for her own tirade of berating him for the choice he’s made – as if he isn’t suddenly making the same questions himself. Its why he’s considering the shrine, after all. To ask Frey why they hadn’t shown.

Why they didn’t help him. How he’d already fucked up in the first few short weeks of being their demigod. What made him unworthy of it.

Yes.” Sunjata agrees quickly, shortly, swallowing hard after at the mention of the war, wondering if whether Safrin had said he’d rot beneath while everyone fought above would be true. He shakes it from his thoughts as quickly as it comes with a sharp shake of his head. “No, I don’t think you are the only one. It… Was part of the offer.” He murmurs gently, while once he had been so excited to tell everyone about it, it falls flat from his tongue as if he imagines it a mistake.

That’s what everyone keeps telling him, anyway. “It’s why I have magic at all.” He agrees softly, his shoulders also slumping as his jaw feathers and he shoves his hands into his pockets, drawing up to his full height, letting the sun warm him up from within, as if its rays might start to thaw his frozen insides. “They offered to protect me and Nate, without fighting in the war if I got the Voice to agree.” He murmurs, rolling a shoulder as he tilts his head back down to glance at her. “And selfishly I said yes. Because I don’t want to fight in this war. I don’t want to be pointed against my husband as two weapons on opposing sides.

It feels like a point so many people miss when he tells them his thoughts, and it’s evident in the way there’s little fire behind his words. Evident in how the words seem to come out almost fragile like glass. Because he had assumed it meant his family, when according to Safrin it didn't. And he certainly needs to find some clarification.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia gives him the time he needs to get it all out, her hand subconsciously coming up to her chest, clutching loosely against it. She can feel the beat of her heart beneath it and that provides her calmness. He draws to his full height but at the same time withdraws unto himself, hands shoved in pockets, jaw feathering in his characteristic way. She knows there are emotions embedded in that twitch of his muscles, things left unsaid but yet things that might be repeating over and over in his own mind.

"It's not selfish," she says coolly, once he's finished, "the lives you are probably saving in taking Frey's deal, in not being apart of it. Safrin - or any other god - can no longer use you as a weapon, which they may very well have..." her tone is earnest and tries to convince him, "Now you can't be used against anyone, on either side. That's not selfish. Your deal with Frey protects more than just Nate." As for his doubts about his family, she doesn't know about them and so she can't comment on those matters.

Sighing, she runs her hand through her hair and tries to collect herself together. Enough to tell him, "Well, you being left out of it is one less worry for me, at least..." she looks down at the ground for a solid moment, until finally she admits, after seasons upon seasons, "I made a deal with Wessex, before all of this even started happening. I wanted to protect you if or when the war happened. I don't think I ever told you..." she swallows down, "but I promised her I wouldn't use my fire against the Ascended, if she.. spared you in the war. At the time, I assumed you would be sent to the frontlines, with how strong you were and.. Safrin and everything.."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He waits and waits, building up his walls for her to tell him it is selfish. He holds his breath, he nearly starts to zone out on the sounds of the crickets in the background, as if he might be able to block out her words. But he can’t, and he braces himself for her answer, her response, that he huffs out a quiet sound of surprise when she tells him she doesn’t think it’s selfish and his gaze snaps to her in a bit of surprise, a dark brow rising. “That was mostly it. I mean… Frey did tell me that they thought Safrin was fashioning me into a weapon that I didn’t want to be.” And they  were right, even if Safrin and Ronin couldn’t see it.

He huffs a quiet sigh. “That’s the thing, though. I don’t know if it does. I just… Assumed. And… had to visit Safrin after – which she wasn’t by any means pleased by the events.” He draws into himself a bit more with the uttered information, working his jaw and letting his gaze drop from her to his feet, hands clenching into fists in his pockets.

He perks up slightly when she mentions that she made a deal with Wessex – something oily in him growing with the thought. Perhaps Safrin had been right when she asked about how his friends felt about it – that Aurelia would go so far to make deals on his life for the ‘opposing side’. “I… No, you didn’t tell me.” His gaze snaps up to her, at a loss, brows pulling together as that sickly feeling grows in the pit of his stomach. “I think that was the intention… Fuck, I’m sorry Aurelia. I didn't know.” He breathes, face pinching for a second as he turns away from her, pushing away from the nausea that grows in his gut.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
His surprise has her stiffening a bit, not realizing that her understanding - daresay, approval - would be so unanticipated. But perhaps it makes sense. She could be angry for Safrin; she could lecture him on what a stupid, impulsive decision it was... but she gets the idea that it wasn't so impulsive. It seemed like Frey offered him a lot; his losses would be far fewer than his gains. Even if Safrin's wrath had rained down upon him as if the cosmos had burst.

"Safrin is... manipulative - and dramatic," a smile curves along her lips, amused and sad all at once, until she blinks it away, "you made a choice, and you deserve that freedom." The very thing Aurelia is realizing she also deserves. As does anyone mixed up in all this mess. She watches the way he falls internally, hurt clouding her own eyes. Her hand falls away from her chest, wanting to reach out to him but to instead lay limp at her side once again. "I think Frey was right," is what she says instead. She didn't know the herald, but she didn't need to in this instance. "You should trust them," even if only on principle.

And she reveals the truth to him, promises made that would need revising now that he'd have no part in the war. But his gaze snaps up to her and he apologizes, as if it's his fault in any way. Then he's stepping back, away, and she steps forward as if to try and pull him back just in that alone. "No, Sunjata, I don't want you to be sorry. I didn't want to tell you because I thought it was better you didn't know. But now... well, I thought you should. There are more than just gods looking out for you. And more of us should be looking to each other for help..." She tilts her head, lips forming a hard line before she adds, "Wessex is reasonable, she'll understand that our agreement will need to change. And I'm sure we can settle on something else, considering how I've just helped her and the Ascended... risked my neck while I was at it," she sighs heavily, glancing away at a Flinthopper as it leaps past her ankles, "Not that I blame her for that. It was my choice, really."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Safrin was manipulative. It’s exactly the reason Sunjata ended up doing so many things by following her – seeking her approval, too afraid to step away given the consequences. And those consequences? Certainly were severe. Her comment, however, over deserving the freedom given to him from picking Frey only snags on the wound within him further, the newest Demigod actively beginning to chew on the inside of his cheek to keep from stating everything that’s on his mind. “I don’t know if I can.” He admits quietly, wearily, a lightning scarred hand lifting to brush the hair back from his face.

But the truth of what she’d offered rebounds in his mind against what Safrin had said and it makes him sick, makes him flush as a wave of nausea settles in the pit of his stomach, as sweat beads at the corner of his temples and makes the little fly-aways stick to his face. Desperately, he grasps onto any other lead of questions he can think of, something else to distract him as he fights against the inner turmoil that blossoms. “What…?” He asks unhelpfully, specifically meaning how Aurelia had stuck her neck out for the Ascended.

What did you do?” He asks instead, grasping, latching himself to it, waiting for the distraction to come.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
She doesn't understand what he means by what he says, blinking and shaking her head a bit in her confusion. "Why? What's wrong, Sunjata? What did Safrin do?" She asks, reaching to pull his scarred arm back from pushing his hair, in order to grab his attention, anchor him to the reality they're in.

He asks what she did and now it's her that looks away, groaning reluctantly and rubbing her forehead with one hand. "I mean, I really didn't do much," she shrugs, trying to minimize it and the anxiety that's built up over it. Then, she explains. "Wessex sent me a letter. In it, she told me that Gideon was responsible for kidnapping and murdering Ascended. She didn't tell me who but she said they were practically children," she shoots Sunjata a look, a mixture of concern and outrage in her eyes, "she asked for my help and I couldn't-" no, she could have refused. She could have stood by. "-I didn't want to do nothing, or pass it off to someone else. I came here to warn Isla, but before I did I made it public. Posted a notice on the board in Haulani, identifying Gideon for what he is. We both know what he is. He destroyed the shrine in Torchline, and he-he's told me how he feels about the Ascended. It's sick- how he talks about them like they're not even people," her tone grows vehement, her teeth flashing as she speaks.

But she breathes out, shutting her lips tightly, letting the anger bubble away. "It wasn't much, I just put the truth out there - and people could take it or leave it as they see fit. But it got Maeve's attention.." she chuckles without any amusement behind it, shaking her head.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His hand is interrupted in its attempt to brush his hair back from his face and she’d find out soon enough that the skin beneath is sticky and warm from the heat of Longheat – but it does its job and it stills him enough to swallow hard. “She… Almost killed me, I think. If it weren’t for Ronin…” Heaving a sigh he shakes his head, trying to push down the nausea to let a sharp, unamused laugh leaves his lips. “I called to Frey, to see if they could help. They just made me, just invested in me, and… They didn’t come.” And so he wonders how terribly he’d fucked up to get to this point, within a week or two of even being their demigod. “So Ronin saved me. He could have let me die but, he didn’t. And now I owe him.” And it was shitty and nauseating and so incredibly upsetting.

But the conversation moves, Sunjata in his stupor asking what exactly Aurelia had started. He hopes for a much better distraction than he admittedly gets, because the announcement is far more horrifying than he’d anticipated. His lips form a tight line, pulling at the scar on his face as he stills himself incredibly still, watching her and waiting for the next shoe to drop because it always would.

All he can do is scoff and shake his head as her words reach him – knowing what the Priest was like. Knowing how this was going to go. You typically get stung when you kick the bees nest. “Fuck. Fuck.” He breathes, he swallows hard, the nausea still flaring in his gut as he waits for the next horrible thing to come out. “What did she have to say?
SUNJATA