you drew stars around my scars
For Safrin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Trepidation weighs heavily in her stomach as they climb the stairs towards the shrine. She didn't waste any time after Ronin's visit to attempt to get things in order for this meeting. The Nightshade knew how important it was. What was on the line should she disappoint the herald. There were things not yet finished and Maeve knew there would be questions that she had to answer, but she wasn't going to let that keep her away. No, she wouldn't be like the others and hide from her shortcomings.

Maeve glances back at Ronin, drawing in a deep breath as she places her offering upon the shrine, a bouquet from her night garden. A mixture of still glowing flowers and nightshade. Beautiful and deadly just like their goddess. "Safrin, I came to speak with you about all that has happened and to not only pledge myself to you, but Torchline as well if you'll hear me." She says, voice firm and determined, jade eyes lifting briefly to the stars before she dips her head again.
Come away little lamb come away to the slaughter
To the one appointed to see this through
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin isn't sure quite why Maeve is choosing the Greatwood to pledge Torchline to Safrin, but this is not his prayer and this is not his conversation to have. Even so, he had vowed that he would come with her - for her, not for the goddess this time - and so he makes himself inconspicuous as the Nightshade steps forward to make her plea.

Standing quietly near the entrance to the Observatory shrine, he pulses softly with starlight and holds out a hand for Sugar to land on his arm, making herself comfortable around his shoulders. Together they watch and they wait, and he can't help but wonder what mood his goddess is going to be in tonight.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
It is indeed an odd choice of local, but when fealty is being offered Safrin is not picky. Appearing on the cusp of a warm purr and tearing sound, reality parts as the goddess steps through and all around them the stars shine all the brighter for her presence. Hello sugar. It might be the name of his dragon, but before that it had been Safrin's nickname for the Huntsman, and she doesn't bother to try and correct the thought as it whispers out of her mind and into his.

Turning her galactic stare towards Maeve, the goddess smiles warmly. "You wish to pledge yourself to me?" She repeats with a small laugh. "I thought we were long past that point. Or did I misunderstand your intentions before?" Safrin's tone is soft and vague as she reaches for the bouquet of flowers and nightshade, run ning her fingertips along the blooms.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Safrin appears with a wash of warmth that makes Maeve's stomach swoop as her cheeks flush at the almost teasing lilt to Safrin's voice. She offers a smile, dipping her head to the goddess, a nervous flutter of girlish laughter pushing past her lips. "No, Safrin. You didn't misunderstand. I would also think we were well past that, too." She pauses, glancing up at Safrin from beneath her lashes, considering her next words carefully. To bring up Sunjata would likely stir the ire the goddess held for the newly appointed Demigod, but Maeve was going to try and use that to her advantage. "But after Ronin came to speak to me about what Sunjata did... I wanted to reassure you that I wouldn't make the same mistakes he did."

Maeve explains, squaring her shoulders as she pushes on, not allowing herself to shy away. "But this isn't just about me. It's about Torchline too. You placed me in charge there and with the approaching war I didn't want our stance to be in question either. Torchline is yours."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
Oh well played Maeve. Well played indeed. Safrin's expression seems suddenly to be carved out of perfect porcelain such is the beauty and perfection of her, until the illusion is fractured by a bright smile that warms her considerably. "That is very thoughtful of you Maeve, and you are quite right. I...could not have been more surprised that Sunjata would suddenly turn away from me, so hearing that you would not do the same is most welcome."

That Torchline is also hers has the deity practically beaming as she steps forward, stretching her arms out that her hands might delicately find Maeve's shoulders. "You cannot know how pleased I am to hear it. Know that I will do whatever I can to keep Torchline safe during the coming battles."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

There is a span of a moment where Maeve fears she's made a grave mistake. It's obvious in the way the corners of her mouth twitch, smile faltering as her shoulders start to drop, but Safrin's own expression shifts and a breath of relief leaves her. The Nightshade relaxes as the warmth of the goddess's smile washes over her, soothing any worries that she might of had swirling in the pit of her stomach, "I would never. I know that his betrayal must have hurt. I was shocked to hear what he did. When Sunjata told me... I'm so sorry, Safrin." And her words are genuine, brows pinching together in concern for the herald, knowing it must have hurt to lose someone she'd given so much too. A heartbreak beyond heartbreaks.

Her hands come to rest on her shoulders and Maeve warms considerably under her touch. She hesitates for but a moment before one of her own comes up to her wrist, lightly placing her hand there as she almost leans into her touch, letting out a breath or relief. "Thank you, Safrin. For everything."

Change author:
Safrin
The goddess considers for a moment asking Maeve to ban Sunjata from Torchline. It would be petty of course, but what did that matter? Let him drift around the outskirts of all that was once his, forever destined to look upon what he once had and could have had still. Instead though, she thinks of how much more cutting it would be for him to be reminded of her generosity, and to see the signs of her everywhere. Let her be unmistakably present.

Looking from both Ronin to Maeve, Safrin's eyes narrow and sparkle like coal being compressed nearly to the point of becoming a diamond. "Both of you have received word about strange happenings in Hak Etme...It would be worth your while to tug on those threads..." She says with a suggestive smile.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve glances back towards Ronin at her mention of Hak Etme, "We spoke about it... We'll look into is, Safrin." Ronin thought it wasn't going to be another relic, but with her suggestion to look into deeper has Maeve wondering if perhaps they were wrong to think it wasn't something more. "Should we prepare for a fight? Bring others along for support?" Maeve asks of the goddess, turning back to look at her, hoping for a bit more guidance.

They could figure it out. She was sure of that. Still, it would be nice to know if they should prepare for more than just a little expedition to the desert.

Change author:
Safrin
With a small smile, Safrin merely shrugs her shoulders. "You should always be prepared." The goddess advises the cosmic sparkle in her eyes very much suggesting that her vaguery was on purpose. "Though remember, being clever is as good as being strong in most situations." Safrin adds as her gaze flickers momentarily towards Ronin before returning to Maeve.

"The desert has many more secrets just now than it usually does, especially for those who know where to look."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffs a soft laugh at Safrin's words, knowing that she wasn't going to get more than the goddess had already given her. So the Nightshade simply nods, dipping her head down as the smile remains in place before she's meeting Safrin's cosmic gaze with stars in her own eyes. "Then we'll go look." She settles on finally, knowing there must be something important there if Safrin was urging them to investigate it so thoroughly.

"Thank you, Safrin. For speaking with me and everything in between." Maeve smiles again, a weight off of her chest and a feeling of certainty in her gut, knowing that she had made the right choice for Torchline. They would be protected to the best of her goddess's ability and that was the most they could hope for in the days to come.

~FIN <3~