My love is where you are
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Valkyrie

Early in the morning, she had leaned over her daughter's bed and whispered her name, running gentle fingers through golden hair and across the ridge of her brow. "Flora," she had sing-songed into her daughter's dreams, time and again with infinite patience until the girl had awoken at last. Grinning, Hotaru had lifted a finger to her lips, ensuring the girl's silence. "We're going on an adventure. Come now, don't wake your brother." And, leaving Enzo slumbering, she had secreted Flora out the door and onto the forested paths of the Greatwood.

It's important to her that she spend time with both children individually as well as together, and with Longheat's oppressive rays it is a wonderful day for swimming. She had dressed the girl in her swimsuit before they left, her own underneath the dress she is wearing, so the plan for the day is not much of a surprise - but the location is.

The Cataract is beautifully crimson as always, the clinging lichen awaiting at the bottom of the pool. So long as you jump from the rocks however...

Hotaru spreads out a blanket on the bank, setting her bag down and gracefully folding down next to it. Patting the space in front of her, she beckons Flora with a loving smile. "Let me braid your hair for you before we swim honey, and you can tell me all about the day you had in Torchline." And she keeps her own thoughts about that well-hidden from the perceptive child.
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Flora
Hotaru's voice broke through her slumber like sun rays through clouds, and the girl awoke with a smile already on her lips. "Mama!" She croons brightly, if not sleepily, blinking herself into wakefulness at the word adventure.

"It's so pretty." Flora whispers as the waterfall comes into view, and for a moment her hand tightens in her mother's as she takes in the raw power that comes from the crashing water. Collapsing eagerly onto the blanket and turning her back towards her mother, Flora sits straight and gives her head a tiny shake so that her blonde hair shivers down her back.

'It...started out really nice.' Flora says carefully, keeping her eyes straight ahead so as not to interrupt her mother's dexterous fingers through her hair. "We went through the market and I found the most beautiful brooch to give to Safrin." Despite knowing her mother would understand her misgivings about Ronin, still Flora didn't want to cause any unnecessary drama in what was already a tense situation. Even at just 8 she could feel the strain from what was clearly an us and them situation.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Valkyrie

Hotaru is there to squeeze her daughter’s hand in return, and though the falls are beautiful, the Valkyrie is too busy being enchanted by Flora’s expression as she takes it in for the first time. For all her natural grace she is as eager and gangly as a fawn, and Hotaru laughs softly as the girl wriggles into a comfortable position in front of her own folded legs.

From her bag emerges a simple comb, and with gentle fingers she begins with the bottom of her daughter’s golden hair and starts to work her way upward, keen ears attentive. The wording doesn’t escape her in the least, but pride and wounded feelings mean nothing in the face of the desire to give her children the world. So instead she merely hums encouragingly. “Did you trade your Nonna’s gifts for it?” Vai is an island of safe ground between the two families, and Hotaru could not appreciate her more for it. “What did it look like?” Gentle nudges to keep Flora talking, to guide her through the tangle of emotions the day may have inspired in her, comb flowing smoothly now through untangled hair.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Flora
Flora shivers and beams at the greenery around her as her mother's fingers cause shivers to race up and down her spine. 'Yeah. I think maybe it wasn't enough because the merchant seemed as though he was going to say something, until he looked at Ronin, but..' The girl shrugs; bartering seemed entirely subjective to her anyways, so she didn't feel as though the man had been hard done by, by accepting her trade.

"It was beautiful." Flora says with a dreamy sigh. "The center was a big opal (it wasn't) with a gold filigree around the outside (tarnished brass) and it looked like it had beautiful stars held inside of it (gaudy imperfections)." Turning her head over her shoulder to fix her mother with a bright and youthful smile, Flora's lips part to reveal perfect and white teeth. "I left it for her in her shrine. I hope she likes it. I thought she might come because Ronin was there, but..." Trailing off, Flora tries to hide her frown and simply shrugs instead.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

A tittering laugh escapes Hotaru as her daughter trails off, intentionally tickling her fingertips against Flora’s nape as she goes to collect the golden hair in preparation for braiding. As she does she leans forward towards Flora’s ear as if imparting a secret. “But you got what you wanted hm? I would call that a wonderful success.” She would never force her daughter to walk in her footsteps, but knowing how to leverage what she has in her possession to get what she wants without feeling guilty for it? That’s practically a foundational lesson in Hotaru’s eyes.

She braids slowly, soaking in her daughter’s story. The brooch sounds beautiful, though privately Ru wonders at its true appearance given what she knew of the trinkets Flora had gone off with - certainly not enough to barter for such an item even with Ronin’s presence. “That sounds beautiful sweetheart. Perfect for Safrin, with all her stars and galaxies.” Praising the girl’s choice and attention to themes if only to avoid the internal grimace at her daughter having visited the lady of the stars first out of all the options.

As Flora spins around Ru moves her hands quickly to ensure the braid isn’t ripped from her fingers, meeting her daughter’s beautiful smile with a fond, chiding expression. Quickly finishing it up and tying it off, she uses the tail to tickle at Flora’s nose in hopes of brightening her expression when it fades. “I’m sure she loved it. The heralds are very busy, but one day you will meet them - perhaps even all of them, in time.” Spoken with a tone of wonder as if bestowing a secret. Her motherly instincts tell her there is something more, but she won’t force the issue. Not until it becomes apparent it is something heavier, more harmful. Instead she kisses Flora’s forehead while she can, incapable of getting enough even if someday soon it will become smothering. “Did you have something in mind you wanted to ask her? Perhaps something you wanted?” If it was merely childish curiosity she can understand Safrin waiting until Flora is older, but part of Ru - possessive, prideful - wants to know if only so she can provide Flora with whatever it is her heart desires.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Flora
Hotaru is as beautiful as she is warm, and in the future when the world grows darker and responsibilities cloud in, Flora will wish she had soaked up more of everything her mother had to offer. Just now though she sees only through the lens of her youth, and it's with slumped shoulders and a bit of a huff that she allows herself to be adored with a restless sort of tolerance.

"I...asked for help." Flora says softly, pressing her face into the crook of Hotaru's arm like some sort of boneless cat. "I think Ronin hates me. Me and Enzo, but me most of all. And Dad...well...we can never go over there, and it always feels like he's sneaking when he comes to see us, and.." Her explanation is as broken as the relationship between the Huntsman and his not-quite-step-daughter feels in Flora's mind. "I just don't know what I did. But If I knew I could fix it, and it could all be better."
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Though she has lost out on the years where Flora would be more accepting of her love, for now her daughter is not outwardly tired of it, and so Hotaru will not be so easily dissuaded. She will leave no room for doubt in her child's heart. Not about this. Flora will never question if she is loved by her mother. Already she is being forced to question so much else, and it makes her mother ache.

A hand gently smooths from Flora's crown to shoulder, tracing the length of the newly finished braid as Hotaru listens quietly, her droopy child still small enough to hold within her arms. "It was nothing you did Flora," she promises, praising herself privately for how her voice remains even. "It is our faults - mine, and your dad's, and Ronin's - and it's unfair for any of that to fall to you." But it does, and the Valkyrie seethes with rage over it.

Hugging Flora close but without too much restricting force, Hotaru sighs into her hair softly. "Some hurts take a long time to heal. Like broken bones. And sometimes, they can only be healed in certain ways - you wouldn't put dandelions on a cut, hm?" Enzo may shadow Vervain more than Flora, but it's a comparison she can reliably make. "It may not be a hurt you are meant to heal." Comparing it to pain instead of hatred is a kindness Ronin does not deserve in her eyes, but if her daughter sees him and feels inclined enough to be close to him to the point where she wants to fix things, it's a sacrifice Hotaru is willing to make. "All you can do is show him who you are so that he may change his mind. Not everyone will like you in this world, and you cannot force them - nor should you change to make them do so."