Training [se] these years of infinity
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos
Deimos was up before the sun rose, customary in his everyday life, and even more so as Longheat pressed its threatening wake over Torchline. His companions followed, Belial bright and alert, floating ahead on breadths of long wings, young and emboldened, unabashed and unafraid. Zuriel walked after the soldier, stepping into the sand with the air of a dignified queen; and he simply immersed himself in the task ahead, targets already built under his arm.

They’d yet to fully build up the rest of the guild’s training yard – and while he’d be inclined to do it himself, it’d be no easy feat and would likely take time he didn’t have. So instead, the Sword marched with his sword in hand and the painted effigy of some enemy on the front, before opting for the Miana Pool.

By the time they made it over, the bright hues of the rising elements began to gave way - simmering over the sea. It seemed free of any crowds or onlookers for the moment, so he placed the goal in a firmer proportion of the dunes, ensuring it wouldn’t lilt or tilt. From there, he drew his blade, while Zuriel grazed and Belial setting on some outcropping, staring at the fish billowing beneath the waves. They were all accustomed to the exchange – to the sudden slashing of air, to the ferocity coming down upon marks, goals, and aims. To the aspirations flickering with each movement of muscle and mayhem, to the fine-tuned elegance of bloodshed and ruin, to the sway and dance of warfare building like a crescendo over the world.

It wasn’t going to stop, so neither was he.
Out of sight and out of mind
Make everything alright
So let the sky and sea collide
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye was going around trying to explore the area near the coast. Trying to find something he could use for fighting and learning.

Kor had to be somewhere in this world. He had met a bunch of people so far, but until now it hadn't been enough for him. He wanted to find the right people that he could call allies or who shared his mindset.

So he tried his luck on the coast and he couldn't believe his eye. Was there a grass-eating unicorn in front of him? He rubbed his eyes and it still stood there.
But not enough there was a peryton too. He had to be dreaming, that could not be.

He walked closer slowly but carefully so that these mythical creatures should notice him. "Hey there I don't wanna harm you, it's all good." Darkeye said to the creatures and didn't even notice the man.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
The sound of the other man’s voice caused the unicorn’s head to whip up quickly – nostrils flaring at the unfamiliarity. That was enough for the bond to coil and revolve, for Belial’s own attention to snag away from the scales of fish, and for the Sword to cease the motion of his blade – drawing it back downward as he turned, shifted, and studied the situation.

While the stranger didn’t seem to be threatening, Zuriel’s stance, now with ears pinned, meant anything could alter and happen with a moment’s notice, and so he walked along the shoreline, meeting up with the mare and his hand coming along to her withers. Belial had long since ditched the pool and came hovering alongside, inquiring. Though none were malicious in their movements and motions (save for maybe the mare), Deimos’ brow had furrowed to a certain point – inspecting and scrutinizing, unfamiliar with the man standing there, head tilting in an angle suggesting curiosity amidst the bizarreness of the situation. “Can I help you?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
" I'm sorry. Where I come from unicorns are very rare. If you see one then you got lucky. Amazing, wonderful." he looked amazed and had a wide smile on his face, now focused on the Peryton. "The Peryton is extinct in my world. It's wonderful to see one alive. It's been too long since I have seen one, wonderful creature..." His eyes filled with water full of joy. He wiped the tear away.

Turning to the man, he said: " But where are my manners. I'm Darkeye. Nice to meet you, young one. May Kor greet you and a terrific day to you. I was in this area to find a good training ground and see the world. I'm quite new to these lands. Perhaps you know a good place or send me in a direction. This would be very kind of you."He tried to give the stranger a  friendly smile, but he couldn't help looking for the Mystical beast.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Where Deimos had believed a potential threat was brewing seemed to subside almost immediately – watching as the older gentleman’s features turned into widened smiles and tear-streaked features. At a loss for words for a moment, his eyes widened slightly in surprise, he took the instant in warmer regards, dropping the reticent guard and stoicism for a small grin. “It is fine.” No harm had been done, even if the approach had been bizarre. “You will find many in King’s End, if you wait long enough,” as he patted at Zuriel’s neck, and the mare seemed to ease into relief, ears maintaining a maneuvering status, rather than stuck to her skull. “I found the peryton in Halo.” If the stranger wanted to venture there. He pointed to the equine first. “This is Zuriel,” and then the carnivorous deer, who chose to screech loudly in proclaim. “And Belial.”

But the way the words were cast gave him pause, and the Sword realized this was a fellow Outlander – just years later. A long breath collected into his lungs, and he suddenly understood the way the world churned and burned with so much to do and understand, amidst the weight of ignorance almost nearly blinding at first glance. So he took in the speech and the differentials, the altered cultures, the impacts of another time and place, and paid them homage where he could. “I am Deimos. Where are you from? I have not heard of Kor.” As for training – he inclined his head back towards his target. “We are considering building a grounds for training in my guild, but for now, I have been making some targets. You can join me, if you would like.” He tried not to snort, watching as this Darkeye considered the animals rather than himself – not put off or offended. “Do you have a weapons preference?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Thank you for telling me, I will check out Kings End once I have the time to do so. And I'm gonna check out Halo too." When Deimos introduced the two creaturs to him, Darkeye hinted at a bow. " It's nice to meet you Zuriel and Belial"

The prospect of telling someone else about Kor filled Darkeye with enthusiasm. " If you want to hear about Kor, I can tell you a lot about him." He looked at the target appraisingly. "What kind of guild is it? Depending on what you plan to train I can help you build a training ground if I can use it too. As for training, I would be glad to join you. My preferred weapon is the spear but I have trained with many weapons." He seemed excited at the thought of a fight.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
With the introductions completed, and the companions satisfied (no one seemingly in danger), he motioned towards the target, the short walk and jaunt over rock outcroppings insubstantial at best. Noting the enthusiasm, and since this was a life the older man had clearly left behind, he obliged and indulged with an affable smile. “Was Kor your god?” That seemed to be the legions and cultures in distinction amongst Caido; all clustered and coiled together with opposing figures and forces, but synced in the same aspects. Different names. Different meanings. Different foundations, but influential all the more.

He grabbed hold of his blade again, content with the hilt resting into his calloused hands, the familiar, tangible, glorifying weight. “A Monster Hunter’s guild.” As for training, he’d always been an individual intending to utilize all manners. “I figured we would have weapons, magic, and attuned measures.” A variety for those who came and went through the halls – and the accepted notions of continuing that practice permitted another soft smile in the corner of his mouth. “I have not used the spear much.” Perhaps he could be the learner for once, instead of the instructor. “Do you have any weapons for yourself?” If not, that would be an easy thing to overcome.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"He is my god, I serve him even if this is not my world. Kor is still with me." He was proud to say it and was convinced that his words were true. Only Kor could tell him different. "He is the god of war and blood. A god that chooses you not like the others that beg for your worship. Not a god that asks for your belief. He is a god of the deed. He is a God that reveals itself to you only if you a worthy." He said this full of pride.

Blackeye stroked his beard for a moment as he always did when he thought about things."No, no, we take swords. It's the best weapon to start again. If you would be so kind to lend me one. I would like to learn from you and see what is possible in this world." Every muscle of Blackeye was ready to fight. "I don't like magic but if you want to use it you can do so. And Attuned, I don't know what you mean but okay, use it too."
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
He listened, considering with a faint smile; if it was sad or plainly adorned, he didn’t mention why. Maybe because, even if Kor was still with this man, the manner in which he’d been taken, snagged, and hurtled here meant he wouldn’t see his deity again. Kept within his memories, locked and corded off, would be the justification and measure the Voice couldn’t take – and maybe that was why the subtle grin remained on the Sword’s face. With a careful shrug, he simply responded with a low rumble, of things yet to come, but building all the time. “I think all of ours will be gods of war and blood soon enough.”

As for not liking magic, perhaps the man wouldn’t care for Deimos’ next maneuver, and he only shook his head, snorting, as layers of gilded vestiges sprang between his fingers, and in no time at all, a wooden blade appeared. He handed it off to the older man, sheathing his and snagging at another training proportion from his bag. “Can you show me what you know first?” He inclined and gestured towards the target – permitting Darkeye to attack and assault it in whatever manner he pleased.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"I know of the coming war. My problem is I don't know why your gods fight. But if a war is close and bloodshed is coming, Kor isn't far. In all beings is a little bit from our gods and we are their children. That's why gods are cruel. Most of them, not all. They want to see, like drunken idiots in a tavern, how their children fight and die. And if anyone died then they cry in pain and suffering, pointing at each other why they did it... Gods are not all-knowing. Gods can make mistakes too and from my memory, they do many..." his hand went for his beard again. He knew that Kor would talk to him in battle.

In disbelieve, he looked at Deimos. Magic worked differently in this world. He had to learn what the limits of this Magic were quick. Otherwise, he would be killed too fast. Darkeye shrugged a bit. Slowly he took the handle of the wooden sword. He weighed the sword in his hand, checking its balance point.
Then he tried some practice swings. " I will try young one, I will try. The pointy end must go in the enemy right?"He smiled and hoped that this joke would loosen the mod a bit. He took a leather band and fixed his beard. Darkeye took the sword not too tight not too weak. He started slow. A slash here and there to get a feeling for the weapon. After a few strikes, he started and tried to show he was capable. A feint for what would be the right leg turning into a strike for the left kidney. His fighting style was not for show. Many of his strikes were focused on the lower part of the body. But he felt it was too slow. This new body had limits. It wasn't fast enough for his feelings. After a few strikes, he stopped and waited for Deimos' opinion.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
“I am not sure how much history of Caido you have heard. But the Old Gods detest the New ones.” Short and simplistic, without the threads of why woven in between – though if Darkeye were to ask, Deimos could likely give enough answers. The Voice rising to the forefront, experimenting, playing, changing, altering, until people haad become something else altogether, until monsters flourished, until enough had been enough. Only to thrive once more.

But the way the older man spoke of deities wasn’t anything new – not to the Sword, who’d lived amongst other worlds in similar plights. “And what would Kor say to all this?” He meant it amusingly, off-handedly – perhaps that cosmic being would be amongst the many who rallied and thrived in the wars, if he was a creature of battle.

Taking his mind back to the annals of training though, he stepped off to the side, watching how Darkeye worked the wooden blade, permitting another smile and nod of his head at the joke. Scrutinizing the way the man lunged, fought, and struck – the style was formatted for clean distinction, to find weaknesses in one’s legs, to slow his opponent down. After a few moments of deliberation, the soldier rumbled again. “You have a good notion for what is necessary.” He swung his own blade towards the now battered targets, pointing at them distinctly. “While you lack speed, if you hit your opponent where you have been aiming, that will slow them down significantly.” Thereby evening up the playing field. “What about defending yourself?”

He waited for the man to prepare, before taking his own weapon, and striving to mark at his right shoulder – purposefully slowed down, waiting to see how he counter-acted the decree.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
His hand went for his beard again. "Every being is afraid of change. The old gods can lose their position. But the new one wants to exist. Sure they are afraid, both sides." He looked at the sky like he talked to the gods.

He sat down for a moment cross-legged and thought to find the right words. "What Kor would say about this I can't say, I'm not him. But I think that he would laugh about such childish behavior and think that the gods should fight their own battle. If it comes to that fight he will be there. He is where there is a fight. And is riding on his black giant horse with six feet and laughing like a maniac when he fights. He sent me here for that reason, I think. Gods lose power if you stop believing in them. And new ones can be born if you start believing in them. It's that simple. In that, I believe. He will test me and judge me in the coming war. I still don't know which side I would choose. Old one, new one, I don't care. I don't give a fuck about winning if I had a good fight."His eyes were filling with enthusiasm.  

He took a short breath. "You have to learn how to make your weaknesses into strengths." He got in position for the training. As Deimos swung towards his shoulder, Darkeye charged in his direction and dropped to the ground to slide past Deimos and evade the attack. As he did so, he tried to mark Deimos' leg.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Ever the listener, and mildly intrigued by the stranger’s notions, he managed another grin at the wonder of it all. Even if the behavior was childish, even if the gods wouldn’t be fighting their own, the nature of the aspect was inevitable now. And Deimos, entirely a soldier through and through, had long since accepted the foreboding wiles, and leant his strength, his dominion, his sagacity, into those willing to accept the aid. Willing to prepare. Willing to defend.

The last sentence made him laugh though, and he readied his blade once more. “Well, then we should make sure you would survive long enough for your good fight.”

Back into fruition, he watched the way Darkeye altered his position – much smaller than himself, capable of ducking, of dropping to the ground. The Sword nodded, then, swift and keen, aptly dodged and evaded the mark coming for his leg. From his vantage point, he rallied his weapon towards the older man’s back.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"That's what we're training for." Darkeye replied calmly.

Realizing that his attack hadn't hit, Darkeye reacted swiftly. Expecting a counterattack from his opponent, he dropped further down on his back. At the same time, he held his sword upward to block, reinforcing it by stabilizing the blade with the left hand. But Darkeye wasn't fast enough, his sword not coming up in time to block Deimos' mark. "You got me, you are faster than you look." he said excitedly and joyful. "Let's try again." He stood up and got in a more offensive position, waiting for Deimos to get ready as well.
— the smartest do