Training [se] these years of infinity
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
The mild modicum of concern seemed to fall on deaf ears as the opposing individual landed where the Sword had intended – straight into the sand. He snorted and shook his head, still permitting a modest grin to remain on his features, knowing and understanding well the game Darkeye played. Deimos had been very careful in ensuring no one was seriously maimed, wounded, or bludgeoned, and while Zuriel was nearby, he still didn’t want to risk it. “Last round then,” he murmured, accepting the inevitable, and allowing the older man his bemusements.

Watching as Darkeye rose once more, he carefully contemplated another volley or tactic. What could he instigate within a longer range? How could he avoid the experienced tactics? So instead of marring towards or at his opponent, he thrust his spear towards the other weapon, hoping to snag it from underneath, and disarm Darkeye entirely.
Out of sight and out of mind
Make everything alright
So let the sky and sea collide
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye looked at Deimos movement and tried to read it. "Last round then Deimos. Ready?" Darkeye had fun. That training was amazing. Darkeye had to use all his tricks and knowledge to fight Deimos. He got his little triumph and stopped one attack from Deimos. And Darkeye had managed to hit him. There was no damage but it was a clear hit.

Darkeye started running straight at Deimos. As Deimos hit the spear there was no grip on the weapon. Darkeye let the spear fall and grabbed the sword on his belt. Darkeye was sure that he would hit. He lounged an attack at Deimos lower body with the sword. There would not be much damage but maybe a hit.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
With acceptance of the inevitable, his attention became on the details, on the movements, on the orchestrations of everything bunched and coiled together. Bound into experience, at least in motion, rather than the weapon itself, his eyes rounded as the attack worked, before there were other multitudes to parse through.

Darkeye’s spear might’ve ricocheted out of his grasp, but there were other components to deal with. “Clever,” he noted once more – forced to adjust in his nuances and scruples. An amused snort extended through his lungs and nose as the wooden sword came back into play, and on reflex, on muscle memory, he lowered his armament, striving to catch the notch of the blade into the longer proportions. Perhaps the spear could then be lifted from the other end and snag at Darkeye that way…the uncertainty all in the complexities of the motions.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
The spear of Darkeye rotated in the air after the hard strike from Deimos. Darkeye was sure that this was his trump card. But Deimos was too fast. Any other being would be hit by that attack. Darkeye was wide open and Deimos was able to block the attack and even hit Darkeye. After the hit, Darkeye tried to get his sword behind Deimos' spear and use it to strike Deimos' hand. Even if Deimos would try to shove him away Darkeye would still be in range. And if Deimos let the spear go on one end Darkeye would have the advantage. But a few more hits like this and Darkeye wouldn't be able to fight.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
It would only take a twist, a turn, to get out of Darkeye’s range this time – and he did so with quick movements, shifting in the sand, widening the gap between them. His hand wasn’t struck, though the armament itself was briefly clipped, knocking it slightly askew in his grasp for half a moment. He smirked, and then gauged his possibilities this time.

Intending to utilize the range of the weapon again, he took a few more steps, rounding out along, his motivation to gain access to Darkeye’s side, or even his spine, for a rapid hit, tap. Hopefully far enough for his opponent’s blade to not be as effective, Deimos adapted to the capabilities of the spear, attempting to nudge Darkeye from a distance along his back.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
These quick movements were hard to follow. Where was his spear? Was it still in the air? If he is looking for it he will lose sight of Deimos. He concentrate and tried to find it with his hearing. Darkeye heard it clatter on the ground behind him as it landed. It was not reachable. So the sword was the only option.

Darkeye could not fight much longer. The next action would decide the winner of the training fight. Darkeye tried to stand sideways to protect his weak points. He tried to follow the movement of Deimos. Darkeye saw the attack coming and he tried to block it out of the way. Was he fast enough? The spine was saved but the shoulder got the impact. This was one hit too much. Darkeye dropped the sword, gesturing with one hand for Deimos to wait. He took a few deep breaths. "I lost. You are a good fighter."
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The Sword took the motion for what it was worth – pausing, body stilling in its predacious, calculating motions, until the semblances of defeat immersed into the air. He nodded, allowing for a gentle, obliging smile, for intrepid warriors who fought valiantly. “Thank you. So are you. The potential of a thousand things they'd seen in their journeys - no matter which land scorched and burned - experience had told inevitable tales. "I am grateful for the opportunities you gave me.”

Both of them had learned a new set of movements and possibilities, and he stared over the weapon in his hands, considering something, before twirling back into his grasp. “Do you need any healing?” His jaw jutted out, towards the direction of his unicorn – who’d only just know ceased her grazing (completely unbothered by the whole mess).
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye smiled. It was a good battle. A fight where he showed what he was caple of. Darkeye was happy he gave his best. he had lost, but to him it was no loss. He fought with all of his heart. It was an amazing experience. Now he started to feel the pain after the adrenaline faded away. "I thank you Deimos. I had a lot of fun and I hope we can do this again if I get stronger. Did you really understand that from a few strikes? Amazing, that is truly amazing. I thank you for that opportunity." Darkeye smiled stood up and walked to the spear to pick it up.

Now Darkeye looked surprised. "No Deimos, this is a reminder of a good battle. I would be really angry if you take this away from me. But thanks for that offer. Now that we are finished fighting, can we maybe talk about some other stuff? If this is okay with you?" He made a circular movement with his shoulders and stretched his arms and legs.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The refusal of healing wasn’t a surprise, though he did tilt his head a fraction, notes of curiosity. He might’ve been the same way once – proud and indulgent in the weight of pain and anguish. But this world had taught him to take the opportunities when they were given, for sometimes they were not offered, or available, again. Not in the heat of moments scattered like shards of vehemence, not in the tones of violence, not when poison snagged at lungs, rocks fell, or everything else shattered. But for this, only a training spar, he’d acknowledge the notion with a nod. He didn’t require it either, not when there’d only been a few hits and bruises were already dulling.

Instead then, waving off Zuriel and allowing her to continue grazing, he began to pick up the pierced remains of the target. Pieces could be collected and re-used, or furnished for an upcoming fire, and he considered them in his quiet, contemplative state, rolling a few muscles through his shoulders. Only when Darkeye finished speaking did he realize there was another semblance of questioning lodged in there, and he turned his attentions back to the older man. “What else did you want to discuss?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"My god is the god of fighting, for his followers, it is forbidden to get healed by magic. Every scar I have I wear with pride. I lost one eye in battle too. Sure it can be healed, but then I will act against my credo. It's a reminder of each battle I lost or won and what it cost." Darkeye tried to sound friendly. Deimos couldn't know that.

Darkeye took out his tiny book. "What do you think about the coming war? Which side are you on? I heard very bad things about them. I would like to understand them. You look like a man that will tell me the true story, I think. People go crazy if I ask them this question... why is that so? I know a few want to stop it but it sounded like this can't be stopped." Darkeye looked at Deimos to see his reaction to the questions. "Or we can talk about this somewhere else if you want. After a good fight, I like to eat."
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The concept of forbidden healing was foreign to him – and he arched a brow, pondering over the multitudes of such an arrangement. It meant anyone and everyone could die within an instant, and something about that struck him as different – considering all the ways he’d tried to protect many an individual. He bore all his scars proudly, and he’d figure they were reminders enough. So were the people he saved, or the lives he’d lost. But instead of trudging deeper into that mire, or being rude to someone else’s faith, he bridges quandaries with a jest, a lighter grin. “Even from a unicorn?”

Piling together the remnants of the target, jagged pieces of wood and cloth, tattered and torn from their serrated proportions, he raised his head to see Darkeye bring out a book. Ah, he should’ve known – a particular topic as of late. The war.

So he paused momentarily, pondering over the platitudes back and forth, expression changing into something carefully neutral, stoic, and reticent. “Likely, in your experience, you know when deities want something, they will make it happen.” He’d learned it firsthand a multitude of times, from land to land, from birthplace to Helovia to Caido. “I am on the side of the Old Gods and loyal to them. Though, I do not hold anything against the Ascended,” for he had no grudges with a majority of them. “I do not agree with the Voice and her actions.”

The prospects of food, rather than mulling and stewing over something bound to brew some manner of apprehension, was amicable and amiable. “There is some decent food in the markets.”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"There is the tricky part is it magic or not? In my world unicorns get hunted for their blood and horn because they have healing powers. Unicorns are close to disappearing forever and that makes them rare and defensive in my world. This is why I like to see the unicorn of you eating grass like it was nothing. Beautiful, just beautiful."

Darkeye felt bad for asking the question and killing the good mod. "Let's go eat first and if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to. Let's talk about how you got so fast and strong. And by the way, you pay for the meal."Darkeyes closed the book and start walking to the market.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
As Darkeye described the specifics of another world where Zuriel might’ve been hunted, his eyes instantly went to his companion. Proud, dignified, and haughty to be certain, the mare had well earned her keep in the past couple of years – steadfast, stalwart, and true, where many a human couldn’t say the same. If any had ever tried to maul her, they would’ve met their end by either his powers or her horn. “I am sorry to hear that,” he offered instead, watching as both of his bonded seemed to realize they were moving on – Belial swinging in on another stream of air and landing by his feet, and the equine maneuvering behind, always watching his back.

The prospects of food lured them all onward, and he snorted at the sentiments and alteration in subjects, making and marking their way along the sand – intending to return later to dispose of the butchered target. “If I am giving you information, then you should be getting the meal.” Compensation had its merits, and he couldn’t tell if Darkeye had been joking or serious. “We use a barter system here.” No way of coin, if that was what the older man was familiar with.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye stood for a while as he thought he would never see that creature that peaceful again. He tried to burn this memory into his head. For this, he fought, for this, he suffered. He saw too many dead unicorns in his life, this changed the perspective on magical healing and alchemy. "Such a beauty. I don't think that I will try to tame one. Don't understand me wrong, Deimos, but I think these creatures must be free. For me, I can't tame one with good conscience. But he looks happy with you and that is important." Darkeye looked for the Unicorn and the Peryton, one close to extinct and one already extinct in his world, and here they lived happily. Caido could not be bad after all. With that in mind, he turned and started walking again.

Darkeye smiled after hearing that. "I trained you and you used me like target practice for the spear, I think you pay for the meal! I know that you use the barter system. The problem is I have nothing to trade Deimos." Darkeye was sure he had left no doubt that Deimos would pay for the meal. So this quartet moved to the market.
— the smartest do