the cosmos in my coffee
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the baffled king composing hallelujah
He doesn't care where he is or why - it still feels strange to fall asleep without Remi. But sometimes needs must, and grieving alone lets him feel as inky black and stale as he wants to without having to worry about anyone else looking at it and seeing it for what it is. (It's ugly and it's raw). But even so, when he claws his way back into wakefulness after a dream that is not a dream, it's with a profound sense of longing for his husband.

The sense of loss from Aoife and the anguish at their current situation never goes away, but for the here and now he just wants curls to nose his face into and familiar scars beneath his hands. With a grumble into the already too-warm dawn light, his fingers stretch out into the space where Remi should be, and he huffs out a sigh. "Fuck," he says by way of greeting to the world.

Kamaria. Safrin. The Greatwood. "Fuck," he says again.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've got a river for a soul
The flight home is long enough for Remi's erection to fade and for his agitation to bloom into guilt. Having stopped just once to search the dream world for his husband—not asleep yet, both a good and bad sign—it was on tireless wings that the Lullaby covered the world, slowing only when their houseboat came into view.

Through the door he barges like some ill-mannered boar, kicking off his shoes and shedding his clothing on the way to their bed. "I don't care if you're up, we're going back to sleep." He grumbles as he faceplants into the sheets, immediately riggling towards his husband's side.

"This has been the longest two days of my life." Remi complains from where he's sandwiched his lips between the furs and Ronin's ribs. That done though, he can feel the discordant twang of emotions as they resonate against each other, which has the Lullaby raising his head with a skeptical expression and vaguely narrowed eyes. "What's happened?" He asks, expecting anything from a new tattoo to world destruction.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Jumping a little at the sound of the door slamming open - even demigods can be caught by surprise - Ronin is a mixture of relieved and delighted to see Remi, whatever mood he's in and whatever troubles might have followed him home. "Yes please," he mumbles in a voice roughened by sleep, making no effort to stop the other man from twining himself around him. His warmth will be unwelcome when the sun rises properly, bringing Longheat with it, but for now it's everything Ronin needs and more.

Still, groaning against Remi's curls, he isn't sure he's awake enough for another heavy conversation. "Safrin was worried about Kamaria, the daughter she had with Sunjata. She's sixteen and stuck out in King's End with he and Nate. She asked me to take care of her." And obviously I said yes goes without saying, because if he'd said no, they wouldn't be having this conversation.

"What's new with you?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Wh—" He starts to interrupt, but Ronin fills in the blanks. Blinking at his husband, eyes narrowed and lashes wanting desperately to close in sleep, Remi eloquently huffs, "huh," before all but collapsing down into the bed again. Sliding his hands up his husband's body—gods but it feels good to touch someone he doesn't have to feel guilty about wanting—Remi lets his shoulders rise and fall. 'I guess that makes sense.' Whether out of genuine concern or vindictiveness or a combination thereof, that Safrin had made Ronin the guardian of her child wasn't surprising. "I'm not sure this houseboat is big enough for a teenager." Especially a girl, if Fiadh was anything to go by.

'Saw Isla.' Remi answers, his voice muffled by skin and skins. 'Then jumped off a bridge about it.'
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Mmhm," Ronin agrees, his weariness overtaken by the heat in his bones that needs zero kindling from his husband's hands. Leaning appreciatively into the touch, the Huntsman rolls over to draw Remi over the top of him like a blanket, letting his fingers trace gentle patterns along his shoulder blades and his ribs. "I was thinking that as well," he says, the words mumbled into the Lullaby's bare shoulder. "I was thinking of setting her up her own space. In the woods, or the village."

Kissing his neck, he has to bring it up before he talks himself out of it. "Probably room in the houseboat for the twins to sleep though," he says. "If we move some things. Maybe hammocks? It's up to you."

But then Remi has seen Isla and jumped off a bridge about it, and he doesn't seem particularly ripped to pieces by it all. Which is either a very good sign, or a very bad one. "Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" he asks, peeping up at the other man.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It doesn't matter that they're both fully grown and incredibly fit (and dangerous) men; just now Remi might as well be nothing more than a heated and weighted blanket for how easily and well he takes to the task of covering the Huntsman. Fluttering kisses up his husband's stomach and chest on his ascent, it's with a weary sigh that he lays his head down across the splatterings of dark ink that form a hawk beneath his curls.

Knowing what the question implies, and what it has taken for his husband to offer it is enough to breath life back into Remi's tired body. Lifting his head to gaze down at Ronin in earnest, the Lullaby smiles adoringly. "As if Vai would let you leave her with an empty home." He whispers while softly shaking his head. 'Maybe we just build a houseboat for everyone and tie us all together.' Remi suggests, only partially joking.

Mention of Isla has Remi's cheeks flushing, and pressed together as they are, it isn't as though there's much of an opportunity to lie. "We talked about a lot of things, which was good. Necessary." He begins, though of course the no-war-talk hardly held a candle to the emotional uproar the rest of the conversation had caused. "I told her that it was hard to be around her, because of how I feel. Because of how things ended and how...how there's no way to rewrite the way things went." Gazing down at Ronin with an expression of both sadness and love, Remi shrugs one shoulder. "If anything..I think it made me understand your relationship with Safrin more. Unless I'm wrong, but...that wanting that somehow has nothing to do with you and I. That complicated jealousy."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin is just settling into the bliss of teasing his fingers through Remi's hair and enjoying the warmth and weight of him when he moves, the Huntsman blinking up at him. His smile is contagious and he leans up to steal it from Remi's lips, closing his eyes as if to seal away the expression forever. It is a rough and ragged thing that he offers, but he does it with all the earnestness he possesses. And indeed, the idea of a little chain of houseboats is enough to draw a laugh out of him.

"I'd like that. But we're the parents, so ours stays at the front," he says; a ridiculous caveat to an already ridiculous situation. As they delve back into the Isla of it all, he shifts as if to burrow further into the blankets with Remi, pressing soft kisses across his cheeks and his forehead as if this will make the conversation easier for him to have.

"You talked? That's more than good. I'm really happy for you," he says, and he means it. His fingers flinch just a bit against Remi's ribs to hear him speak about Safrin, though - she feels almost like a dirty word when the Lullaby brings her up, normally. But this is different, and Ronin leans in for a real kiss.

"It sucks, doesn't it?" His agreement comes out mumbled against Remi's lips. "Just when you think you've got a handle on it, the world shows you another way you can be irrational about it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Absolutely ours stays in front." The alchemist agrees, and gods if that was the only thing they had to talk about this morning he'd be a happy man. They could have an entire convoy of children earned from their mistakes as well as the mistakes of others. Why not? "How do you feel about it? It's complicated in that it's both Safrin's child, but it's also Sunjata's." Remi wonders softly.

Wishing there was a way of living in the moment that Ronin's lips first brush against his and wondering what a dream world of such a sensation might be like, he finds himself deepening the kiss and bracing one arm on the bed over Ronin's shoulder. "Yeah." He mumbles, in love with the scruff on his husband's cheeks. "So I jumped off the bridge to keep myself from doing anything stupid, and flew back home to you." The slow roll of ignored sexual tension will feel like a frayed bit of rope, but the promise that he'd made—to be faithful to Ronin—was still tightly bound and secure.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I feel... strange about it. It's not like when I first found out about her," he says quietly, spider walking his fingers down Remi's back so he can slip his arms around him properly. "She's old enough to say how she feels, and to understand the situation, even though it upsets her. And I think that makes it easier, somehow. Do you know what I mean?" Not having to sugarcoat or put on a face, both things which had proved exhausting for him in the past.

Melting into the bed beneath the weight of his husband and the kiss he lavishes upon him, Ronin draws on every bit of Remi's emotions that he can. He smiles against his lips, unable to help it, adoring the unexpected reassurance from the promise that has stood the test of time. "I am so, so in love with you," he whispers, parting from him at last. "If I had known how head over heels I'd be with you when we first met, I'd have gone to jail for breaking Northaven's rules ten times over."

And, given the time of day and the fact that Remi is blanketing him, the other man will definitely notice how happy Ronin is to see him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'I think so.' Remi says thoughtfully. "She'll probably still need help with that though...when it comes to Sunjata, or even Safrin." Articulate though Kamaria might be, Remi couldn't imagine that she'd be able to stand her ground against her father.

Ronin's eyes still blaze a bright and untethered blue even in the low light of morning. This was the blue he wanted. These eyes and these hands, and gods but it was so clear that a pebble blue gaze and blush pink lips were no more than a passing craving. With a sensation not unlike the rise of an orgasm in that it pulsed and expanded and filled Remi's body with a lightness that had him nearly laughing, he delays his reciprocation of love that he might instead fix Ronin with a skeptical stare.

"And how would that have helped either of it?" The alchemist wonders, pressing his lips against the jut of the Huntsman's collar bones. "You, wiling away your hours with Archebold in jail, while I was put to death?" Again that feeling of joyful expansion fills his lungs, leaving the alchemist grinning stupidly, before giving his head a slow shake. "Besides, we'd never had had Aoife if you'd done that." He whispers adoringly, his voice free of the usually melancholy that even speaking their daughter's name usually brings.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Mm, she did ask if I would explain things to Sunjata, when I went to get her. She is in King's End, at that house Nate and Jata live in. I'll set off a little later." As in, after I've had my fill of you. And he meets Remi's skepticism with a shit-eating grin, brushing his nose against the other man's and shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe you'd be in the cell next to mine before your execution and I could give you a send off," he muses. "Or maybe I'd break us out, and we could be lovers on the run."

It's such an outlandish what-if that Ronin can't not laugh about it, tilting his head to kiss Remi's crown of curls. And the mention of their daughter's name has a similar effect on him, it seems; he brightens (literally) with starlight, his hands wandering further now over the Lullaby's hips and down to the backs of his thighs. "You're right - I suppose I'll just have to be content with finding you when I did. Because now I have you forever."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'And just how would you do that, with concrete and bars between us? Talk me to orgasm? With Archie offering his commentary and verbal assistance?" But, if anyone could, it would be Ronin, even if the mental picture Remi had painted just now was not one he was keen to keep up.

"Mmm, and then some." Remi agrees as his lower back arches so that he might properly cage their growing affections for one another between them. "They say it is until death do us part, but I hope you don't think that would ever stop me." He adds. With who and what each of them was, it was honestly absurd to think something as silly as death might ever come between them.

'You see? This is why no one else could ever live on this boat with us.' Remi points out, raising his head to nod at Ronin's dazzle. "You'd wake everyone up. And—" Smiling wickedly now such that his dimples deepened and his eyes sparkled, Remi leans down that his words might be spoken directly against Ronin's lips: "Non sarei in grado di sentirti urlare il mio nome quando faccio questo.." So saying Remi thrusts his hips forward in earnest before capturing any sounds his husband might make in response with his lips.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"It's no fun if I tell you. We'll have to set up a jail and get into the cells and I'll show you how I'd do it," Ronin says with a huff, as if Remi is expecting far too much from him at this time of the morning. (And when it comes to explanations that's true, but as he'll soon find out, the Huntsman is perfectly capable of other things at any time of day). Grinning and letting his hands slip up to squeeze Remi's ass as he arches his back, his nod of agreement is already partially distracted.

"As Ludo's chosen, I wouldn't expect anything less," he croons, and he only shines more brightly when the attention moves to his dazzle. Is it on purpose? Almost definitely, but it also might have everything to do with Remi's smile and the way the morning light is catching on sea-green eyes.

Anything he's about to say - it's definitely Remi's name, by the way - is indeed cut off by the kiss he moans into instead. Ronin's eyes slip shut as he arches and grinds against the other man, cheeks flushing as if he can still feel the phantom dance of words that sound like music against his lips.

Shifting beneath the blankets just enough that he can wrap a leg around the alchemist's waist, Ronin's hands slide back up to plunge into Remi's curls. "Have me," he hears himself whisper. "Slow, until I can't take it any more."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Raising an eyebrow mischievously as the room begins to flicker into grey and black tones with their bed suddenly ringed by translucent bars, the illusion stutters out of existence as Ronin's fingers dig into the alchemist's skin and thoughtlessly he lets his eyes roll back slightly to focus on the sensation.

'Please, can one of us ask for disintegration magic.' The alchemist complains, unhappy that with so much skin between them, two paltry bits of fabric somehow manage to keep them each caged. So it is that Remi is forced to pull his curls from Ronin's fingers that he might descend his husband's body. Keeping his body low so that the top of his husband's erection is teased by the pressure of his torso the entire time, Remi wastes little time stripping off his husband's underwear.

With or without Ronin's help, Remi will free himself of the remainder of his clothing as well, and though he's tempted to simply take all of the Huntsman into his mouth at once simply because he can, instead he submerges from beneath the sea of blankets with a crooked smile. "Ti amerò finché non sarai l'unica stella rimasta al mondo." Remi whispers, and though the words will mean little to Ronin, they're carried with a midnight pulse of endless love and desire the reflects in the alchemist's green eyes.