[RQ] Searching for the sun
Open!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

When it came down to protecting Halo, Sah didn't want to postpone their efforts. Getting their aerial defense system set up as soon as possible seemed like the best of course of action. Especially after the discussion he had with Deimos about the possibility of an incoming dragon altercation.

Sending out the word the morning prior, Sah headed out to the city walls. He'd brought snacks and refreshments as he suspected that this might take a while. The level of sun exposure changed throughout the day after all. Lilly curled up in the first sunny spot she found once they arrived, pulling a chuckle from her bonded. Sah elected to sit on the wall and wait for the others to arrive.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Morgan was eager to get on with the sunbeam as well; as much as she wished every day that they would successfully navigate peace throughout the war and not need the defenses, they were a prudent exercise to take, especially after the Citadel had been taken once before. The next time Old God extremists tried to take her seat, she'd die before she walked out.

"Sah." She nodded as she got close, giving him a quick smile. "Understandably, Neron won't be helping with this part. Do you know who else might be coming?" With her hands in the pockets of a large, fur-lined coat, different from her usual cloak, Morgan looked comfier, more casual. She glanced out over the snow, where patches of brighter light broke the usual grey. "I do wonder how we will judge what the sunniest part is."

The measure of a man
Stands or falls with what he leaves behind
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
You had to push against the fates just to make it through the gate
Shaye makes her way around the Citadel walls after having made a delivery to one of the residents. Word had spread quickly about the new regional quest for a special sort of defense, and as she made her rounds through the city she'd been told that it was starting already.

So when she finds the tracks through the snow leading alongside the wall, follows them, and ends up inevitably in front of the two people who made them, she's about to make her presence known. Even her lips part, but when Morgan speaks she instead listens.

Stepping closer, her boots crunching through the snow, she offers, "The surest way to do that is watch, and wait. By the end of the day, we'll know where the sun shines the most - and the longest. Animals might be a good indication for where it gets warmest, as well," she nods and gestures towards Sah's companion with an amused smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," she realizes, pausing and looking back over the other two, "I thought you might want some help for the new regional quest... What exactly is it we're trying to achieve?" She's curious to hear the answer straight from the source.
Shaye
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

Sah chuckled at Morgan's comment, "True. I hadn't expected his cooperation for this part. I'm not sure who else is coming." It was then that Shaye arrived. Her suggestion is sound and gets a nod from him, "True. I was thinking that that might be our best method. Or at least a good start." Lilly wouldn't mind spending the day frolicking in the snow either, so that was a bonus.

Sah chuckled at the notion of Shaye interrupting, "You're not interrupting at all. We're glad you came to help."  Watching Lilly enjoy the sun he filled her in on their goal for the day, "Our main goal is to set up a sunbeam charged defense for Caido. For that we need to find the places that receive the most consistent, most intense sunlight. That'll be where we end up building it. Today's goal is to find those places and mark them."

He wasn't sure what the best means of marking those spots would be though. Perhaps the others had an idea?
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Morgan didn't know the woman that approached to help, but more assistance was always welcome; it was good to see the people of Halo be invested in their Citadel's future. "Using the animals is a good idea. Hold on-" Leaning away so she didn't hurt ears, Morgan whistled loudly. Half a minute later, Euniche appeared beside her, the horse snuffling her nose around her master's neck.

Sah explained the purpose of the beam and she nodded. "With our position decided as neutrality, we know we may need some defenses that would be effective against either side...if they take objection. This would allow us to protect the Citadel in a worst case scenario." Hopefully, they'd never have to use it, but Morgan knew it was always best to be prepared.

Heading towards a visible patch of sunlight, she turned to Shaye to ask: "Could I ask your name? It is good to have new help."

The measure of a man
Stands or falls with what he leaves behind