Fix This (Me)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It had been a day since Sam had asked Remi about changing his voice. Since then the subject had been constantly on his mind. It seemed that asking it had brought it into reality and now it was something he felt he had to decide on. After a mostly sleepless night spent mouthing words at the temple ceiling and wondering how they'd sound coming smoothly from his mouth, he had made a choice.

"R-Remi?" He asked as he heard his love waking behind him. Since he'd been up for hours at this point Sam was sat cross legged at the end of their blankets, turned back to look at Remi. He was sweet when he'd just woken up, all kinks in his hair and green eyes blearily taking in the scene around him.

"..When...when you've wo-woken up a little. I want to g-go somewhere. Alright?" He asked, then rolled his way up the bed to place a kiss on Remi's cheek. "But...th-there's no rush. How did you s-sleep? Any...any dreams?" This was likely too many questions for right after waking up, but Sam was too happy to double back on himself.

Samuel
Well he's torn himself to pieces and each night he feels the itch
To grab the needle, thread and scalpel. He'll gather, slice and stich
And he'll build a brand new person where the current person sits
Until he's nothing but a patchwork of other people's greatest hits
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

It was a bit strange going to sleep and knowing that the person next to you mostly was not, but Remi had gotten used to it. Or was getting used to it, rather. Another strange aspect was going from dating Sam, to spending every night with him. It was an effect of LongNight to be sure—where else were they really meant to sleep, and why not together?—and vaguely the alchemist wondered what it would mean for when LongNight was over.

"mmm." Remi agreed sleepily, rising and rubbing sleep from his eye with the heel of his hand. "No rush, hmm?" The alchemist said mischievously, his hands spidering up Sam's sides with a clearly obvious intent. Even so, he just chuckled into Sam's kiss and sighed lazily. "Not that I can remember right now." Remi replied with another yawn, reaching his arms above his head to stretch widely, before letting them tumble down to encircle Sam in a hug.

"Where did you want to go? And does it require a shirt?"

remi
Too long till I drown in your hands
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"No. Ta-take your ti--oh." Sam grinned, flushed and embarrassed at the hands on his sides and their clear message. But they didn't have time to fully act on that (and he was beginning to think he might gain a reputation as the temple pervert if they kept being so brazen in here) so he was glad when he was pulled up into a much more innocent hug.

He looked over in the direction of the shrine then back down to Remi with his lips pursed considering the question. "...W..Well...I want t-to go to the shrine. Just there. T-to talk to The Voice. With you. ....And...I-it's probably respectful. To wear a shirt." Sam didn't know what The Voice's opinion was on nipples, but he didn't want it distracting from his main goal.

Sam expected Remi to ask why he wanted to go to the shrine so answered before the question was asked. "...I'm...g-going to ask her. T...to take my stutter. I thought about it, and...I'd li-like it."

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

One would think with the amount of sexual frustration Remi had experienced in his life, that of all the difficulties he encountered with Sam, this would not be one. But he couldn't help wanting the man before him, and as he nestled him close—the morning's effect on his body obvious—the alchemist could only sigh against Sam's neck, pressing a kiss there that wasn't to be so much more, but instead was simply soft and sweet.

Glancing over his shoulder, Remi couldn't quite make out the shrine given the dim light, but knew where it was. "You have decided then?" Remi asked, grinning at the indication that he should wear a shirt. Rolling out of the alcove, Remi stood—mostly naked as it was—stretching his arms wide into the darkness and letting his back crack deliciously. Unlike Sam, Remi hardly cared who looked at him, if only because he was so used to be looked over. "Well, if you say so." He mumbled with a lopsided grin, shrugging into a shirt and trousers.

"If you are sure." Remi said, extending a hand to pull Sam out of the alcove. "But only if it is for you."

remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Mhmm." Sam didn't bother to hide the way his eyes follow the line of Remi's body up and down as he got dressed, wished they were somewhere private and had a lazy morning to waste so he could do something about the rather obvious point around the middle of his view. But they weren't, and he couldn't, so he just made a note in his mind to pay Remi back later and got out of 'bed' himself.

He had dressed a while ago and so was ready to take the hand when it was offered, stepping out of the alcove and holding Remi's hand, guiding him up to the shrine. Sam found himself a little nervous at the idea of it, having had a rather terrible experience last time he had prayed, but he knew he could find The Voice here. "It's...for me." And it was, but it was also for Remi, just a little. Sam did want this change himself but it was hard to shake the notion that he would be more attractive with a more confident cadence.

As they reached the shrine he knelt and indicated Remi should do the same. With his hands laid on his knees neatly he looked up at the altar and spoke softly. He knew he did not have to be loud for the voice to hear.

"Um...Th-The Voice. This is...th-the man I told you of. I hope...you d-don't mind him being here. I was hoping we c...could talk."

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Before they set off, Remi took Sam by the shoulders. The words best suited for this moment wouldn't come, and though there was a smile on Remi's lips, it hurt him to know he wasn't what Sam wanted and needed. Not entirely anyways. "You can do this." He whispered, leaning forward to gently kiss the bookmaker, before offering him a lopsided smile.

Remi knelt awkwardly. Last time he'd just ... spoken at the shrine and she'd appeared. He wondered now if there was more pomp and circumstance required. Glancing around as Sam spoke, Remi nodded in acknowledgement as he was referenced. "Hello again. Thank you for your assistance before." He said, before holding his breath slightly and letting himself fade into the background as much as possible. This was about Sam, after all.

remi

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
"Yes, bright one. I know - the alchemist and I have met before." She appeared in a thrum of light and the smell of ozone, sitting, crackling brightly amongst the offerings of the Shrine. It put her almost on a level with Remi and Sam, though she did little more than watch them, serene and untouched, as she awaited their - well, Sam's - response.

If he had expected more, he clearly did not remember their previous conversation as well as she did.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

The Voice appeared before them and Sam instinctively dipped his head in a reverence that he did not truly feel, but felt obligated to practice.

"H-hello. Well...um..." Now that it was actually time to ask, he was unsure of how to put it. Usually he practised everything he said over and over but this had been something that had taken so long to decide to even do that he had not had the time to perfect a script. "..F...First of all. I know...la-last time we met. I said...some th-things about...o-other Ascended. And ma..maybe I shouldn't have. I um...I was th-thinking you p-probably didn't like that."

With apologies out of the way he looked up and his fingers went to his throat without thought. "...L...Last time w-we met. You said you c-could fix my...my voice. And I think...I mi-m-might like that. If you could." Sam glanced to Remi just for a moment - he wasn't sure what for. Just comfort, he supposed, then back to the goddess.

Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Unlike Sam, Remi's eyes washed over the Voice with a scientific respect but was not accompanied by a bow of his head. It was not out of disrespect of course, just mere curiosity.

Given that this meeting was not about him, Remi merely listened to what the bookmaker had to say. As Sam glanced his way, the alchemist offered him a crooked smile and quick wink of solidarity.

remi

Change author:
the VOICE
While Sam spoke, the Voice absently organised the offerings upon the altar where she sat, as if they were untidy and that bothered her. "Not liking your words is a very mortal concept, bright one," she said mildly. "What I dislike is ingratitude. And last time I believe you told me that you could fix it yourself, if you wanted to."

Raising her eyes to the two men, she tilted her head. "Did you not? What has changed, pray tell?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Sam blinked at her, confused. Had he said that? He certainly didn't remember it - and he supposed he could fix it himself, but it would be a long and humiliating process which would take a long time and could be reversed without enough practice. Asking Remi to make another upgrade seemed silly when the Voice had the power to help him and he wasn't sure how comfortable he'd be making it.

"O-oh. Um. Well...I'm...s-sorry. For that. I don't re...remember saying it. But I can't fix th-this. And you said you c-could." He tried to think about why he had wanted to change his voice now and why he'd said no the last time so he could give something a little more like a satisfying explanation.

"I ...gu-guess maybe I thought I could...gr-grow to love my v..voice as it w..was. But n-now I think it...m-might be better. If I can...ex-express myself. Properly. It's not...it do-doesn't have to be a part of me. And...I was th-thinking. Maybe...Ascension is actually..good. Because you can ch-change. As you like."

Samuel

Change author:
the VOICE
She watched him carefully, as if seeing right into him, into the mechanisms and systems and upgrades she had painstakingly put in place, even if she had not been directly involved in the affairs of the settlement at the time of his ascension. He certainly had said as much, as well as many other things about resenting the gift she had bestowed. Favour was not so easily won back, not when she was accruing quite the skilled set of Ascendeds.

"Oh, I can. It would be a simple thing. But I would have something in return, bright one. A show of good will, to prove the weight of your words." She glanced between Remi and Sam now. "Convince another to join our ranks. And I will remove your flaw."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Sam waited in the moments The Voice considered him, wondering if he was about to be cast out of the Ascension, sent away for his (somewhat minor) crimes; but instead she gave him...a task. A mighty one, for Sam. To convince anyone to do anything was not something he was confident in, but to convince them to make such a major life change as to Ascend...?

But he could not give up, not when he wanted this and when Remi was sat next to him. He looked to Remi for a moment, wondered if he would make such a move - but no. Remi had been 'tainted', as The Voice had put it. It had to be an accepted.

"...O..Okay. I will...try. T-to do that. Um...d-do you have anyone...particular in mi-mind?"

Samuel

Change author:
the VOICE
Her smile was beatific at his acceptance of her terms, and she nodded gently to him. "No one in mind, no. But I would replace that which we have lost." Her gaze lingered in particular on Remi as she spoke, seeing not him but a woman made of starlight with a sharp mind and a keen will.

She doubted Sam could do so well as to find a suitable replacement for Isla, but... that was his burden to bear for now. "Bring them to one of my shrines when you are ready. I will do the rest."

Light flashed, blinding and brief, and when it cleared the Voice was gone, nothing more than drifting motes on the air.