(RQ) they say the third time's a charm
Neron~ Window pane trading!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
is it better to be a monster with a heart, or a human without a soul?
my hands are shaking
A letter is sent to Neron early in the morning, asking him to meet her in the Citadel at dusk – right before all the shops and stores close, enough time to get everything on their list figured out. She’s still reeling a bit from the meeting, and at the very least she can find some comfort in Neron’s company – someone who understood, someone who was in the same boat that she was in, but one that held more power (figuratively and literally) than she did.

She’s waiting at the shop she’d mentioned to meet her at – the one that they can trade for some panes of glass for the quest from Frey – because if she couldn’t go and help out with the sun spots without fearing of blowing herself up, she might as well try and do something, and she hopes that Neron feels the same. She wears a soft fur coat with a backpack along her back with plenty of space to fit the panes in when they get them, and with her gloved hands she turns her focus between the window of the shop and down the main street of the Citadel.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
show me how it ends, it's alright
Of course Neron isn't going to say no to his late friend's daughter and fellow Ascended-in-an-Old-Gods-world. He's fashionably late, because of course he is (this time it wasn't his fault and one of the taps at the bar had frozen solid), but he's visible enough as he heads up the snowy street to Kiada. In his customary billowing black, half his face is covered by his scarf, though the smile creases his eyes as he approaches her.

"Sorry," he says smoothly, "you know how it is." Does she? Does it matter? "So what are we supposed to gather here? Some panes of glass, right?" Peering up at the glazier they've stopped outside of, he thinks that's probably right. "I don't suppose anyone mentioned how big they need to be, or if they need to be stained?"
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
my hands are shaking
Dark brows rise as her iceberg gaze scans over Neron, the younger Ascended not wearing a scarf of any sort so the amused smirk that crosses her face at his smooth response. “Some panes of glass, yes.” She replies, shrugging past the you know how it is, because she isn’t sure but she could play along despite it – but it truly doesn’t really matter.

Her gaze turns toward the shop, however, as his question reaches her ears and she shrugs. “Nope, no mention of it. Could get a few options, though? I brought plenty of things to trade from the Ningo farm.” Patting her bag quite proudly she flashes a fanged grin Neron’s way before she pulls open the door to step inside, holding it for him to step in behind her. “If nothing else, maybe a few favors from Halo’s favorite bar owner couldn’t hurt.” Not to put him on the spot or anything, of course.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Mm, perhaps. I can't say it will much matter, if it's on top of the city walls," he remarks quietly. A selection of colours, then, including clear, and all their bases were covered. And hey, if Frey doesn't have a preference, at least it will look attractive up there. As Kiada pushes open the door, Neron follows her inside, pushing down his scarf and clicking it shut behind him to keep out the cold. It might not bother either of the Ascended, but others tended to dislike frozen toes.

"Oho, I see," he murmurs with a crooked smile, glancing at the wares she'd brought and offering her a nod. "Yes, I suppose I could stand to part with a few favours," he hums, approaching the counter and reaching out to press the bell on the desk. "I wonder if they will mind if we put patterns on it?" he says, admiring the stained glass artwork on the samples behind said desk.
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
Maybe if the colors did affect anything it would only be what color rained down on the citizens from above. As far as she knows, though, it shouldn’t matter. They were told they needed glass, and glass is what they’re here for. So she slinks in easily, tucking her dark hair behind her ears as she waits for Neron to close the door and accompany her, flashing him a small fanged smile. “See? Easy.” She jests with a small laugh as her gaze follows his to the stained glass.

Her head tilts curiously before her gaze drifts back to Neron with a small shrug. “I’m afraid I’m no artist, though maybe it being so high up it won’t matter if I draw a stick figure?” She shakes her head, stepping past the stained glass to get the glazier’s attention who’s just now finishing up the final touches on a vase of sorts, with a gruff "be there in a minute." which has Kiada leaning against the counter, one leg crossed over the other. Before long, though not entirely a minute but a few of them, a red faced man with a red beard and dark hair arrives at the counter, wiping his hands on a towel he throws over his shoulder and casts a glance to the two of them - far more recognition given to Neron than to Kiada. "Whatcha two lookin' for?"
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
"Oh, well I was hoping that the glazier might be able to do the artistry - but perhaps we are overdoing it," Neron remarks with a smirk, waiting patiently by as the shop owner does his thing and takes his time about it. Owning the Kraai (and being ousted from his position as Warden) has mellowed him out more than he'd like to admit, and so his feathers remain unruffled when the man finally approaches them.

"Hello," he greets him, standing companionably next to Kiada. "We were hoping you would be able to craft some panes of glass for us - we are working with Warden Morgan on a quest from Frey." And look at them go - two Ascended helping out the Old Gods. "If we provide the measurements and colours, could you give us the cost and how much time it would take?"
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
I suppose it depends on how many favors you’re willing to dish out.” Kiada hums with a playful, catlike grin that spreads across her face as she steps up to the counter, waiting for the glazier to arrive. It doesn’t take long before the man’s in front of them, eyeing them curiously as Kiada remains leaning against the counter, her lips parting just as Neron speaks up and she flashes the man a bright smile.

The glazier’s brows rise, some sort of dawning realization hitting him. ”Hm, think I heard somethin’ about that.” Pausing, the glazier barks a deep, throaty laugh. ”Gimme a second to grab a book and we can work on the details.” The man disappears yet again, grabbing a journal from the back, full of different projects that he flips to a fresh page, writing out the ‘title’ of such a thing before he looks expectantly at them for the size and colors, how many panes they might need.

Before long, the man’s got a few different diagrams drawn out, all the notes taken, the measurements figured out and the thickness of the panes worked out all while he hums and huffs under his breath. Turning the journal toward the two Ascended, the glazier looks up at them. ”Think somethin’ like these should work?” And once he gets the approval he can dish out the price.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
"I'm a very charitable man, don't you know," Neron informs Kiada with an equally sly smile on his face. They might have continued their banter in this way were it not for the arrival of the glazier, and the Hailstorm falls silent to give his full attention to the man. Contributing to the ideas and measurements and thickness of the panes where he can but otherwise leaving it to professional judgement, as the man turns the journal towards them his brows rise, obviously impressed.

"I think that would do nicely, don't you?" he asks, glancing to his companion to get her thoughts. "I believe we've got a few things for trade from the young lady, and I can offer any number of services from the Kraai. Food, liquor, even a few furs or weapons from the hunters there. Name your price."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
Kiada can’t help the hum that leaves her as she scans over the journal as soon as Neron glances at her. “I think so.” She agrees – finding it a bit difficult to try and figure out just how big these should be with the information they were given. They suppose, though, if they’re wrong they’ll find out. For now, it will work as far as they both know.

The glazier simply flashes a bright grin at the two of them as payment is offered, as if he’s eagerly awaiting the options to be laid out before him. He pulls the journal a bit closer to him while Kiada fumbles in the bag she’d brought – the heaviness of it sounding full as she sets it on the counter where the journal had been. “I’ve got some frozen meats from the Ningo farm, paired with a very nice and warm down blanket from them as well.” She offers, her gaze dipping up to meet the glazier’s. “I couldn’t bring all of it, though, so there’s a few more options back at the farm.” She offers, sitting back and waiting to see what the man picks.

He tilts his head this way and that as if he’s considering what it is he’ll need more importantly. His gaze lifts to Kiada and Neron, dancing between them. ”I’ll take the meats and a couple’ve those down blankets if y’can get more. An’ from you, Hailstorm, maybe y’can help me out with a nice anniversary dinner date for the missus an’ I. A bottle of your finest should do.”

Kiada glances over toward Neron with an easy smile before she nods for her end of it eagerly. “We’ve got a few lying around. I can bring them back when we pick them up.” Of course, it’s priority, and the glazier assures them with the workers that he has at the moment they’ll be done by morning if they’re content coming back in a few hours to get the finished product, provided Neron agrees with the price.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron more than agrees with the price, though morning sounds less fun given their race. Still, he dips his head in a polite nod. "Of course - we'll return with the payment come morning," he says, stepping back out of the shop with Kiada and rolling his shoulders. "That was easier than I expected," he admits. "I guess Halo really must be neutral. Look at the citizens, treating us like regular people." He grins.

Agreeing to meet Kiada back at the glazier come dawn, Neron leaves her to it and heads back to the Kraai to get the aforementioned bottle of his finest. And as the sky moves from pink to pale blue, he's waiting outside for her once again, the bottle tucked under his arm, the hood of his cloak drawn up around his face.
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
The deal made, the glazier gets to work and Kiada steps out with Neron with a playful smile tugging on the corners of her lips. “It’s almost like they don’t care.” She says almost wistfully – if only the rest of the world thought the same. If only the Old Gods hadn’t gotten their hooks in so fucking deep. But that’s neither here nor there, because they part ways for Kiada to retrieve more of the blankets and the agreed upon items, a smidge late as she carries a bag that’s nearly as big as she is.

Luckily for her, though, Ascension has made it to where she doesn’t feel the exhaustion she’s sure her regular form would have, and it has also blessed her with her little speed burst to try and make it there before the sun fully rises. She flashes a bright grin to Neron, her coat drawn up above her head too in order to prevent the sun’s first rays from shining on her skin, and she slips into the store with Neron shortly after.

The glazier has been hard at work it seems, given that on the counter sit all the panes of glass they’d agreed upon, prepared to be wrapped once approval was made, and he greets the two of them with excitement when they arrive – spying the bottle and the bag full of blankets and items they’d agreed upon. “Mkay, let’s see. Worked on ‘em all night, if they’re good fer ya then I’ll wrap ‘em up and send ya on yer way.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Offering a gentle nod to Kiada as she appears, the Hailstorm is about to reach out and offer a hand with her comparatively massive offering, but then his fellow Ascended is already sweeping inside. Impressed and smirking beneath the hood of his cloak, Neron follows suit and sets down the bottle onto the counter. "These look perfect," he says, unafraid to give praise where it's due - and the panes of glass really are exactly what they had been promised.

"I'm more than happy with them if you are," he says to Kiada, nodding to the glazier that he might wrap them up securely. And when he's done, the Hailstorm carefully takes them off the counter. "Do you want me to keep these? I can take them to Morgan and she can work them into whatever comes next after this."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
The man practically beams with the compliment, and Kiada nods as she peers at the panes of glass with a bright grin stretching across her face. “These should do great.” She agrees, moving to place the items she’d brought that the glazier had requested. It was exactly what they needed as far as Kiada had been informed of, parameters wise. Content with them, she turns to Neron when he speaks, nodding as her smile softens slightly. “Thank you. It's more useful with her than with me.” She also doesn’t really have a place to put them.

Once Neron has them in hand and the transaction is complete, she offers a polite little goodbye and thank you to the glazier for his work, before holding the door open for Neron and following the Hailstorm to help with the doors where he needs them, before she goes back home to escape the sun.

- FIN <333
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA