what they say about us
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
It's a wash of tension and stress - Cian's death, their complicated talk in the Oerwoud, Kamaria coming to the Greatwood - and Ronin feels as though he's gone through the motions of it without allowing it to touch him afterwards. It's an unhealthy coping mechanism that will come back to bite him one of these days, but at the same time, if it means he can snatch moments of peace between the chaos, he'll choose it every time.

He'd promised Remi breakfast and dancing once upon a time a few days prior, and he's got no intention of letting his husband down. It's true that as the sun reaches its warm fingers in through the houseboat windows, Ronin can be said to be swaying more than actually dancing, but it's fine, right? His arms are linked lazily around the alchemist's waist so he can reach behind him and continue to stir their scrambled eggs and make sure their bacon doesn't burn.

Not long awake, the only music to dance to is birdsong and the crackle of cooking meat, but who cares? Resting his chin on Remi's shoulder and smiling against his bare skin, Ronin hums out a note of contentment. "Please let today be uneventful," he says softly, punctuating the sentiment with a kiss against the other man's neck.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Now the ashes of tomorrow sing your sad song
For his part, the alchemist is doing his best to weigh the benefits of allowing Ronin to continue cooking their breakfast, with wanting to scold the soldier's feet into some sort of predictable rhythm. Only the smell of frying bacon keeps Remi's grumbles to a minimum, as he busies his hands mapping the parts of Ronin's back he likes best.

"Well now you've jinxed it." The alchemist complains, stifling a yawn against the side of his husband's neck. "If the war kicks off today, just know that it is your fault." Flinching slightly as a splash of grease strikes his lower back—Remi is far too Remi for this to actually hurt him, but instincts are what they are—and already he's mentally stealing a bit of bacon off of Ronin's plate to make up for it.

"I had a nice day out with Mateo. We went to look at all those dead plants the merchants have been going on about." Remi says into the base of Ronin's neck as his fingertips press against the nodules at the base of his husband's spine.
the lullaby
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Sorry in advance. If it can start after breakfast, though, I'd really appreciate it," Ronin says of the war, absently picking up a towel to wipe at the grease trying to spit at Remi and mumbling a more genuine apology as he shifts the bacon back a touch where it won't be so aggressive. "A nice day looking at all the dead plants?" He smiles against the side of his husband's neck, not disbelieving him but also imagining that only two people like Remi and Mateo could call that nice.

"And did our budding botanist have any idea about them?" he asks. "Maeve had heard rumours about it as well. She told me when I went to Torchline." Sprinkling cheese over their eggs and leaving it to melt, Ronin starts making pancakes to complete their breakfast in the meantime.

"I think," he says slowly, "I will need to help Noah call a meeting for the demigods, same as Amalia did a little while ago. But if you don't want to go, I'm happy to catch you up afterwards."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Letting his hands slide down past the barrier of drawstring holding Ronin's pants up, Remi allows himself a well-deserved squeeze of his husband's ass. Given that Ronin had egged the war into coming before breakfast, he thought he deserved that much. "Mhmmm." The alchemist rumbles agreeably. It had been a nice day. 'Quite a few things, actually. He thinks it must be done my magical means, given that there's no real soil for the plants to grow in. He also identified about thirty different species, most of which definitely aren't native to the desert." Sounding more proud of Mateo than interested (the desert was not just jurisdiction after all), Remi makes a non-commital sound that Maeve had mentioned something similar.

Straightening once the conversation turns more serious, Remi shifts from between the Huntsman's arms and moves to stand behind him, wrapping himself around Ronin properly so that the man could continue to cook. "That sounds absolutely terrible, I do not want to go, but I will." He says of The Meeting. "What do you want us all to talk about? And—" Nudging the Huntsman softly, Remi presses a gentle kiss against his shoulder. "—you know by calling meetings like this, you're inadvertently setting yourself up as our leader."
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Inhaling sharply and rocking his hips forward at the warm hands that come pressing against his ass, Ronin smiles against Remi's skin and does his best to continue to make breakfast as if this isn't happening - it's not easy, though. "Well look at him go," he says, sounding equally impressed by Mateo's findings out in the desert. "I didn't realise he knew so much already." Does he sound guilty? Absolutely he does. But part of him believes that Mateo is far too independent now for them to do much about it.

Grumbling about the loss of the warmth only for Remi to sidle up behind him instead, Ronin flips a pancake and grins. "I appreciate that," he murmurs. "It's to discuss the possibility of going to the Draig, you might be pleased to hear." As for him becoming a leader, Ronin's mouth drops open for him to object only for the dawning horror to drape over him. "Oh, shit," he hisses. "Shit. No, I'm just... I'm a secretary. That's all."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh I see. So I finally get the birthday I have wanted after all of these years, but only if we invite all the demigods?" Sounding mischievously skeptical, Remi rubs the scruff of his cheek annoyingly and affectionately across Ronin's shoulder. Chuckling as he reaches around and clasps his hands together over Ronin's belly button, Remi shrugs without conviction. "Uh huh. Secretary for...who? There is no Eye, unless you're also putting yourself in a position to be considered the best candidate for that as well."

Much as Remi absolutely didn't want his husband to become the leader of the Demigods or Stormbreak, the man had an undeniable way with people that made him perfectly suited for such things, even when he tried not to be. "I love you Ronin, but I am not sure you can help that this is who you are. You are a born leader, whether you like it or not."
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Oh, no," Ronin says with a shake of his head, affectionately headbutting his husband as if to stop him from scritching his scruff across his shoulder. "I imagine it will just be the two of us for your birthday bash, given that we are the only two capable of walking away from certain death." Granted it probably still wouldn't be pleasant, but they wouldn't be permanently dead. "The meeting is just a formality." Probably. He imagines there will be other discussions to be had in the meantime as well.

Flipping another couple of pancakes and leaning back into Remi's arms, Ronin frowns even as his duplicate appears to effortlessly begin setting the table and pottering away with the other components of their breakfast. "I love you too," he says softly. "And I want to be yours before I'm a leader. Just because I'm suited for something doesn't mean I want it," he points out. "Could someone else not take the burden, just this once?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I wonder if only demigods can be in the Draig?" Remi says thoughtfully. Gideon had narrowly escaped, Cian had died, but Wessex seemed to be fine. Maybe that was the key. 'A formality, mmm?' The last meeting had been a lot of nothing, concluded by Seren storming out. What would this one bring, now that Noah and Sunjata were among their ranks?

"You will always be mine." Remi agrees, tightening his grip and resisting the urge to simply slide into Ronin's body where he might embrace his husband's spirit rather than just his back. "That you do not want it has always been what makes you most qualified." The alchemist points out a touch smugly. "And who would that be? Noah, who is still too weak and who seems to have his sights set on taking Halo back? Sunjata, whose loyalties change with the seasons? Mildew and her mushrooms? Phoebe? Delphia?" Then, with a bright laugh, "Me?" Shaking his head and not envying his husband at all, Remi presses a kiss against the back of his neck.

"If you want this done right, you will have to do it, or endure the consequences." The consequences of course being that someone far less qualified would try and call the shots. Which, if Ronin could bear it, was an option.
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Well, part formality, part making sure everyone knows about it," Ronin murmurs, furrowing his brow and finishing up the pancakes, though he doesn't move from the stove even as he turns off the heat. To hear Remi confirm what he already knows is nonetheless comforting, Ronin closing his eyes and letting his hands come to rest on the Lullaby's forearms. With a shuddering sigh, he shrugs a little, as if the other man is only pointing out things he already knows.

"We agreed on a council, for the time being," he says softly. "Majority ruling. I'm just taking this branch of things, for the demigods." It's a poor excuse and it's only putting off the inevitable, he believes, but if a stay of execution is all he can ask for, he'll take it.

"So between that and your dead plants in the desert, we're pretty set for things to do. And that's without even considering the Greatwood." The place Remi already leads. Turning in the Lullaby's arms, Ronin surrenders the pancakes to his duplicate so he can lean in for a taste of his husband's lips. I feel like today has already been eventful, even just from this conversation.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I will say that I find this link between the Order and the demigods annoying." Remi grumbles. Were it not for Ronin, Remi would not have cared at all about Cian's death, nor that the ascended had an advantage if they had the Knowt Book.'A council? And..who is on this council?' Remi asks, though in reality, he doesn't actually want to know, if only because Finn and Ronin are necessarily part of it, and beyond them, Remi has only a distant knowledge of the remaining members of the Order.

Grumbling again if only because it seems the best way to articulate his agreement and dislike for the truth of the Huntsman's words, Remi nods. "But breakfast before any of that." He murmurs, loosening his grip for Ronin to turn, before wrapping his arms around the man anew. After this war we are throwing away our charms and running away into the wilderness where no one can find us. Remi sings into his husband's mind as his lips and tongue search out the subtle taste of syrup on Ronin's lips from his various taste-testing.
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"It is annoying, but I don't suppose there is very much we can do about it. Noah and I are part of the Order, and the demigods brought us - well, me to Stormbreak. There's a connection there that I think is almost expected of us," Ronin says, feeling his mood start to plummet the longer they talk about the stony grey city on the cliffs. "All of the Order members. Noah, Finn, me, Falke, Sera, October, Gideon..." And the others, if there are any.

Breakfast before anything else seems like just the right thing to perk his mood back up, Ronin humming his agreement against Remi's lips, letting his hands drift up the Lullaby's back and hugging him close. "I couldn't agree more," he says softly, drawing back only to turn them towards the table, where his duplicate has set up breakfast for them along with a hot pot of coffee. "Come on. Suddenly today feels very depressing," he admits.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I..disagree." Remi says carefully. "And I think some of the others would as well." He adds, wondering if this is the time and place for such a conversation or if it is better suited for this meeting they're all to have. Holding his tongue about the council established (he couldn't say demigods ought to be separate from the Order and then just weigh in because he felt like it), Remi holds his breath that he might deprive his annoyance of the oxygen it needs to be vocalized.

Snorting with agreement more than amusement, Remi nods. Sinking down heavily on his side of the table, he reaches across to give Ronin's knee an affectionate squeeze. "Thanks for breakfast. I won't call what we did dancing, but I did enjoy swaying with you." Deciding a bit of good news was warranted, as Remi picks up a piece of bacon, he points it at the Huntsman first before cromching it between his teeth. "We finished putting the ascended fluid around." (It would be done by this point, anyway). 'All there is left to do is call Ludo down, and..." He shrugs.
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin winces, but he nods his understanding - it might be clear cut to him, in the midst of all of this, but it likely wouldn't feel the same for many of the other demigods that made up their ranks. Letting his hand cover Remi's, he brushes his thumb across the back of his palm and sighs. "Any time," he murmurs. "Maybe we can dance properly before we shower, mm?" Swaying, at least, was very enjoyable, and as Ronin smothers his bacon, eggs and pancakes in syrup, the smell of that combined with the coffee is enough to lift his spirits.

"Oh, that's a good task to knock off the to-do list," he murmurs. "What'd you think the Greatest of Woods will want next? A big cannon? Those seem very popular these days," he remarks, falling silent to shovel food into his face and humming appreciatively around it. "I wish I could eat this off you," he says with a smirk.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I like the sound of that." Remi agrees, though he has little hope that on their way to being naked with one another, they'll be able to focus on their footwork any better than when Ronin was making breakfast.

"Oh is it? Drat. You know how Avant-garde the Greatwood likes to be." Then again, with he and Ronin to protect her, maybe their next upgrade could just be one that was...nice? "Maybe we could just have the wind through the leaves always sounding like wind chimes. Or have healing rain or something." Remi says with a small shrug, much more interested just now on the blue of his husband's eyes and the meal before him than of asking Ludo to make a potato cannon out of a tree.

Frowning across at the Huntsman, Remi raises a challenging eyebrow. "If it touches my body, I'm eating it." He replies sternly.
the lullaby