[se] ologies
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby

Midnight seemed to be the best time to travel these days, with the sun-lit hours becoming nearly unbearable as they reached the height of LongHeat. With shifted eyes to see in the dark and the knowledge that he was usually the most deadly predator in any interaction, Remi had little to fear from wandering about the Wilds alone. So it was that as he stood before the giant hedge maze called the Queens Gambit (what Queen? he wondered), it was with his focus fixed intently on the foliage and not on his surroundings.

Frowning as he reaches out a hand—the one with only three fingers on it now—the alchemist gently touches a portion of the outer hedge, narrowing his eyes and exhaling thoughtfully. Reaching out to pluck a few leaves while muttering an apology, Remi wraps the flora in a bit of cloth before putting it into his pocket.
Maybe it's my fault for forgetting
Who I was when I was mine.
I've come to realize this one thing:
You couldn't fix what I couldn't find

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
PETER

No matter how much he may have gotten used to us since his arrival in Caido (and death, and rebirth) there is still something about the general lushness of the place that seizes Peter on occasion. He doesn’t even remember what it is that sent him wandering, if it wasn’t for the fact that he needs to keep careful stock of the moon above he wouldn’t even know how long he’d been out.

The hedges had stopped his progress, in a way, but enhanced it in another. With one hand dragging lightly along the leaves, Peter walks around the circumference, planning on returning home after when something else stops him. Someone else.

Keeping himself pressed in against the hedges, he pauses, sharp ears just barely catching words and immediately whipping them into a burning curiosity. There’s not enough bravery in him to creep closer, so Peter settles for coaxing his voice above it’s usual murmur. “Why are you apologizing?
when you cry your face is momentary
You hide your looks behind these scars
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

Glancing over his shoulder with a calm sort of abruptness, Remi's pale eyes travel over the newcomer—his height first, pale skin, blue eyes—before glancing back to the hedge with a boyish twitch to his lips that nearly pulls them into a smile. "For pulling its leaves." He explains, gesturing to the hedge with his head. "I think it is probably semi-sentient, so..." Did that warrant an apology? Maybe. Still, it was probably strange to think that someone as murderous, at times self-righteous, and hostile as Remi could be, to apologize to an overgrown plant.

But then, Remi liked plants more than most people, so perhaps it wasn't so strange.

"I do not know if plants can feel pain, but..." Shrugging vaguely as he turns toward Peter, Remi's eyes narrow as recognition threatens to spark in the back of his mind, before sputtering out. "Do I...know you?"

Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
PETER

The explanation is considered for a moment before Peter accepts it, nodding loosely. “If it doesn’t, or… or it’s not the same, apologizing is still… good for you.” A crease grows between his brows, the words coming out wrong in a way he doesn’t know how to fix, Peter’s point getting lost in his confusion.

Hands fly up to pat at his cheeks, as if Peter is only just remember the changes to his face, or maybe like he’s trying to cover up the guilt that has suddenly struck his features. He opens and closes his mouth once, twice, then shrugs and sinks deeper into the leaves. “Yes. You… not like this?” His hand rises further, tugging at a longer strand of hair. “Sorry. I’m… I’m sorry. That doesn’t help.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

The alchemist raises a thoughtful eyebrow, considering Peter's words. Once Remi had been the sort of man to apologize at the drop of a hat, even for things well beyond his jurisdiction. Then he'd entered into a state where he'd not apologize for even the most blatant and egregious of his errors. Now?  Gods, now he didn't know.

Frowning in the ascended's direction, the Lullaby tilts his head to the side as if that might better help him see Peter in some important sense. "Did you...look like someone else, before?" He suggests, wondering if perhaps one of the gods or some fickle spirit changed the other man's face once upon a time.

Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

The voice practically comes from inside the hedge for how far he has tried to shrink from Remi’s recognition. “Y-yes, I looked ah… I looked like myself before this.” His tone is too full to be anything other than brutally honest, and maybe a little out of it. Somehow, Peter is behind himself, struggling to catch up with what comes out of his mouth. Somehow, he is a step ahead, a future where he reveals who he is and is met with nothing but anger. Both are enough to paralyze him, but they cannot coexist for long.

His legs move when he finally stops balance, tugged hard by one train of thought. Peter takes a step back, opens the distance between them. “I… I should have… s-said…” Another step, and a hand coming up to cover his mouth. “I’m sorry.” The apology comes out soft, the only warning before Peter turns, walking as quickly as he can without running in whichever direction this was.

Maybe one day he’ll be able to say something. Properly.

Done~