[se] where's the day I'll have started forgetting
Sunjata <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
A few faded words could still be made out on the sign hanging crookedly above the shop's entrance. The windows were either broken or stained. The door stood ajar, and inside Amun could see more chaos. Unsurprisingly, his home and workspace hadn't fared well in his absence.

At the moment, he stood completely still, motionless as only an Ascended could be. Zhanshi had already ventured inside, but would periodically return to the potter. However, Amun didn't even react as the little landshark launched into the air and circled around the Ascended. The potter's companion would make a few rotations around Amun before Zhanshi would slip back into the earth and into the pottery.
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
right by the entrance you broke, finally reality's taking its hold
There’s a lot of faces Sunjata hasn’t seen in a while. But it’s rare when those crop up again, even rarer when he’s stepping down the cobblestone path of the Domiciles, having headed from the VlamVloed to go on an errand run, to see one that’s been missing for some time. The door to the pottery shop is ajar, the building in shambles, and Sunjata slows the closer he gets – working the scar that spans the side of his face, his longer hair tucked back away from his face as his steel gaze dances between what feels like a ghost and the ruined shop.

But he can’t just leave it, stilling the closer to the potter he gets, his head cocking slightly. “Amun?” He asks, unsure if maybe he’s some kind of doppleganger of sorts, before he clears his throat. “Long time no see.” He murmurs, straightening up his posture. Since the last time they’d seen one another, Sunjata had been Safrin’s through and through – with the starry tattoos to mark himself one of hers that she’d even implemented and finished up herself. And now? Now he stands before Amun nearly bare of his tattoos, aside from the compass and wings, and one wave sleeve – with brand new scars shedding through both compasses on his chest and tucking down beneath his shirt collar.
you're not who you were, but you can't let it go
you're not where you're from, but you're always alone
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Moving just his neck, Amun turned his head to stare at Sunjata. The potter looked at the demi-god without blinking. Without moving at all. Finally, the Ascended's mouth opened, though to say he unhinged his jaw wouldn't be far off the market. For a moment, no sound came out before Amun actually breathed. "Sunjata." The potter's voice was rusty, the single word sounding strained and mangled.

Eventually, he turned to face the entrance of his dilapidated store once more. "That's an understatement." Hearing the voices, Zhanshi returned to the Ascended's side. However, the landshark immediately tunneled towards the Guildmaster. Lifting from the ground, the landshark spiraled around Sunjata, ending up in an orbit around the demi-god's head.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The sound that leaves Amun is one that almost sounds familiar to Sunjata – reminiscent in the way Nate’s voice had sounded when he’d come back from his trip, when there hadn’t been much of a reason to talk about much at all out amongst yourself. So he can’t help the calculating gaze that suddenly sizes up Amun, searching for injury or anything else that might pinpoint where Amun might have been, whether he’d been captured or simply lost and alone.

It doesn’t last, however, as a landshark suddenly appears, surrounding Amun before tunneling toward him and Sunjata has to fight away the flinch that wants him to shift and attack it (memories of Haai’s demise coming to the forefront of his mind). Instead, his lips clamp shut for a moment, watching the landshark as it circles his head, before peering through it to look at Amun again. “What happened?” He asks, before realizing perhaps the Ascended might not want to talk about it. “You, uh, don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. Sorry. Did you want any help with this?” He asks, jutting his chin toward the pottery shop, only enough to not accidentally tilt his head into Zhanshi’s orbit.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun's head and eyes moved once more as he followed Zhanshi while the landshark went over to Sunjata. However, the Ascended glanced at the demi-god, before the potter jerked his head. The companion flew down into the ground and returned to circle at Amun's feet.

Again, there was a pause before the Ascended spoke. "Wilds." There was a rattling breath before he added, "Cave...trapped." Finally, the rest of his body moved as he shuddered. Zhanshi surfaced again to bite down and wiggle the end of the potter's boot. Glancing down, the Ascended blinked.

Lifting one hand, he traced a line from his right ear down towards his chest. "You?" He looked back at the other man as the hand dropped back to Amun's side.

Pivoting where he stood, he nodded at Sunjata's offer. "Thanks." Hesitating for just a moment, the potter stepped inside, pushing the door open as he did. It resisted as the hinges creaked and he winced, putting as much force as he could into it. Slowly, it opened further, though whether that was from his weakness, the rust, or some combination of both was hard to say.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The landshark departs soon enough though, and Sunjata’s eyes are drawn back to Amun with the raise of a brow. The wilds, trapped in a cave, and Sunjata wonders belatedly where he’d been trapped. If Sunjata and Nate had built their house somewhere nearby, completely unaware. “Ah.” He says unhelpfully, working his jaw. “Well I’m glad you’re back.” If for nothing else, the Ascended gaining as much of a boon as they can was good news for Sunjata.

When the conversation turns to him he shrugs, shoulders rising and falling before he shoves his hands into his pockets. “Betrayed Safrin. Became a demigod for Frey. Almost died… Again. Still alive, though.” Similar boats, in a sense. But he’s quick to follow Amun toward the door, waiting until it seemed like Amun might need help before he places a splayed hand there – pushing the door open with a bit more ease than the potter had – that and perhaps the strength of his newfound demigodhood helped.

It reveals the disaster within, though, and Sunjata grimaces from behind Amun as he goes to clear his throat. “Where do you want to start?” At the front and work their way in? Or step over the brittle bits of pottery until they’re standing in the center of the storm.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun met Sunjata's raised brow with a blank stare. Even as the other man spoke, the Ascended remained still and silent. He did nod once when it was clear the demi-god was done speaking. "Thanks," the potter croaked out.

Tracing the lines of the scar with his eyes as Sunjata explained, Amun's head tilted just a fraction to one side. "Why?" Without realizing, he rubbed his hand; it had been restored from its damaged state years ago, but the mention of Safrin had him frowning.

As the other man took over opening the door, the Ascended sighed, the breath leaving him in a long hiss. Still, he stepped inside. After moving to the exact center of the room, he stopped and did a slow circle. The neat divide between living quarters and business had been completely obliterated. His bed was in shambles, his pots were cracked with shards strewn all over the ground, and his wheel had been overturned. And that was just the start.

Closing his eyes, his shoulders moved up and down less than an inch. "Pick up the sharp stuff." Bending down with a grunt, Amun grabbed the nearest shard and lifted it. Turning, he looked for a spot that was empty of debris but didn't see one. "Guess...we need a spot for trash."
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Frey offered better perks for Nate and I with the war still up and coming.” Sunjata offers – not wanting to delve into the specifics, too tired of people using what he says and warping them to fit their narrative of him. “So I said yes. They burned her out of me. She almost killed me but left the fatal blow for Ronin to decide.” Another small shrug. It was evident what the Huntsman had chosen, given that he was still breathing.

But he helps Amun into the pottery shop, simply by opening the door and trying to make sure the demigod doesn’t step on fractured pieces of pottery, not wanting to get them stuck in his boot. He works his jaw, chewing at the inside of his ruined, scarred cheek as he thinks. He steps over to grab a bucket, using his boot to push a fair amount of debris to the side to make a clear spot to toss the trash into. “Let’s make this corner the trash corner.” He offers, casting a glance toward Amun, before he starts picking up the jagged pieces, dropping them in the corner after removing the bits that weren’t trash to go into the bucket to be moved away from the mess. “How does it feel to be back?"
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Snorting, Amun shook his head. "Perks, huh? Congratulations...I think." At the mention of Ronin the potter stilled. Zhanshi, though, surfaced to snap his jaws at the air until the Ascended nudged the landshark with one foot. Amun met Sunjata's gaze as the potter's lips twitched. "Him? Still has trouble finishing I guess," he growled.

However, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Letting it out in a low sigh, he nodded at the other man's suggestion. The Ascended tossed the shard he held toward the bucket, but it missed, clattering to the ground instead. Straightening up, he kicked a few shards towards, but they only rolled a short distance before stopping. 'So you and Nate...how's that?" He actually picked up the nearest shards and pitched them into a mostly intact, but still broken bowl, before bringing it all over to the bucket and dumping it.

Pausing at the question, he stared at the wall for a few seconds. "Not real," he admitted, not looking at the demi-god. "Being...alone," at that, the potter's companion reared up to nip at Amun's heel, so the Ascended amended, "mostly alone for...the gods know how long." He shivered, hugging himself with one arm.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Thanks.” Sunjata says, managing a slight hum of a laugh, shaking his head as he hears the following comment, meeting the Ascended’s gaze with the raise of a newly scarred eyebrow. “Guess so.” Nevertheless, Sunjata’s alive at least, with or without Frey’s help for the moment, and he keeps his trap shut as he starts working to clean up the mess that they’ve walked into. His boot scuffs along the ground as he picks up the sharp objects, tossing them into their designated space.

As for he and Nate? “We’re good. We’ve got a couple of kids now. A nice place. Aren’t in Torchline anymore, I stepped down from governing.” He shrugs, tossing another few handfuls of sharp pieces down until he can pick up some items that might still be good, making a new spot to place those, but not before he activates some of that magic within him, pulling water from thin air to spread along the dirt and dust covered ground, clearing it off before he places the items that are to be saved there.

While he does so, his gaze lifts to Amun as he answers his question, nodding in a bit of understanding – as much as Sunjata can understand the circumstance. “I’m sure people are excited to see you’re back, at least. Might make it easier.” The whole not being alone thing. “If nothing else, the Ascended room still works.” And hey, it worked for him to distract himself from his own trauma.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"So...you didn't explain the perks." Amun glanced over at Sunjata, raising an eyebrow. However, the Ascended's gaze didn't linger. Instead, he just stooped down to grab another broken receptacle to gather up odds and ends in.

However, he did actually stop to stare at the other man as he recounted some of the details of his personal life. "Kids? How..." the potter's voice trailed off as he gestured with one hand. "Decided running things wasn't as fun as complaining?" Resuming the cleaning, Amun hummed a few notes before breaking off. "Where are you now then?"

Rolling the cup he held between his palms, he barked out a laugh. "Speaking form personal experience?" However, he soon returned to an eerie stillness, the only motion the movement of his hands. "I've never been there, actually. And...I don't know if now is..." Shaking his head, he dropped the cup into the bucket before moving towards the bed.

Stripping the soiled and tattered sheets, he threw them into the corner. "I think I need to...remember how to be a person in normal situations first." He shrugged, taking a moment to and run his hands along Zhanshi's rough skin as the landshark flew up from the ground.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The fact Amun wants to know the perks has Sunjata pausing briefly, a muscle feathering in his jaw as he picks up a few more sharp ends, tossing them into the designated corner. “Safety for Nate during the war, provided the Voice agrees.” He begins, before a small humorless laugh leaves him. “Maybe figure out a way to get you all to get it up without the room.” He casts a glance over toward Amun with another shrug. “Sort of a middleman between the sides, I guess.

But it was getting a bit harder and harder to follow those ideas as time went on. The subject of kids is easier, though, Sunjata straightening to clear up the next corner of items, placing things in the keep and the trash pile. “We adopted them. Rescued them from an attack in the Barrows. We live in King’s End now.” He offers until the comment of his ruling slipped through the cracks. “Mm well, almost dying and having your rule be undermined, only to be threatened by Safrin once I made Nate also governor? Wasn’t worth the stress.” Not when war approached.

Oh I always speak from experience in that regard.” Sunjata says, flashing Amun a small toothy grin, something almost playful hidden within it. But it falters in understanding, humming an agreement before he finds a jug that’s similar to the one Amun had made for him roundaboutly through Maea that he brings over, the item still in one piece. He goes to hand it to the potter, steel gaze lifting to Amun’s face. “You know, I still have that jug. The wine’s gone but it’s a decorative piece in my kitchen now. Maybe you can find some inner peace in your work once we get this cleaned up?
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun actually looked at Sunjata sharply at those remarks. Even Zhanshi paused momentarily to float in the demi-god's direction. "So it's to be war, then?" The potter grimaced and shook his head. "And you're...what, hoping to sit it out? Protect your own?" For a moment his grip on the bowl he was currently holding tightened before he dropped it with a bit of force into a new bucket that he'd scrounged up.

"Congratulations again...I think." Peering at the other man's head, the Ascended hummed, voice and words dropping a bit more swiftly from his lips. "So that's where the gray hairs and crow's feet came from." Amun barked out a laugh, though his eyes didn't crinkle and his lips didn't move. "You sure it's safe for a former ruler--two, even--to go live in a place called King's End?"

Rolling his eyes at Sunjata's comment, the potter grabbed a clean bucket and some rags. "Spare me. I know those tricks and more besides." Moving to the water pump in the corner, he filled it before bringing it to the center of the room. Getting on his hands and knees, he started to scrub some of the worst stains off the floorboards.

However, he paused at the mention of the long ago gift. "Inner peace, maybe. Sounds like outer peace might be in short supply soon though." Shaking his head, he resumed his cleaning, head bent and shoulders tensed.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Was there any other option?” Sunjata asks quietly. He doesn’t think there was, the second everyone’s minds were made up, there wasn’t any way of changing that. Not with the gods agreeing, breathing down their necks. The Voice, from where Sunjata stood, seemed to be the outlier – the one that would have preferred any route. The Old Gods, the ones he’d aligned with? Already were poised, preparing for it. “Protect my own, yeah.” The Flood shrugs, grabbing a few more jagged pieces and tossing them in the trash corner.

As for the congratulations and the comments of his grey hairs, the laugh that leaves Amun despite his face not changing anything has Sunjata nodding, a small snort leaving him. “I think the grey hairs came from having a child with Safrin, but…” He shrugs, casting his gaze back toward the potter. “I think it’s safe enough.” Though he gets the joke. He’s leaning on the idea of him being a governor didn’t make him a king. He’s banking on that.

Once enough of the space had been cleaned up, Sunjata works to take the trash out of the room, opening up the space more for more cleaning. And when he returns after removing the trash, he moves to the corner, using his magic to summon a fair amount of water, getting the floor wet enough to scrub with a cloth and wipe away with clean water. “The more I live here the more I realize that peace isn’t really… Possible.” He grimaces, working on the dirt and dust glued to the flooring.
SUNJATA