[se] where's the day I'll have started forgetting
Sunjata <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
Amun snorted. "There's always a choice. You could say fuck you to the Old Gods for forcing this war no one wants, and side with the Ascended against them. Go on the offensive instead of waiting for the hammer to fall." Shrugging, he met Sunjata's eyes. "I won't seek out violence myself. But I will not stand idly by while fanatics kill my people." The potter pressed his lips together and drew himself up to his (admittedly not very impressive) full height.

"She does seem to have that effect on people," he quipped. Eying the demi-god, the Ascended let out another bark of laughter. "It was just a joke. A bad joke, sure, but I was hoping for at least a smile. Man, if I have to be the funny one after my ordeal you really have been going through a rough time." As he passed by the other man to refill the bucket with cleaner water, Amun nudged Sunjata with a hip.

Shrugging, the potter pointed his wet rag at Sunjata. "Peace is a state of mind, I've found. So seriously, lighten up." The Ascended shook his head and the cloth both, making sure to splatter some droplets in the demi-god's direction. "You're alive, you're not actively in danger, and you're with the person you love. Plus, you know, you're a fucking demi-god."

Winking, he went back to his scrubbing. " If that's not peaceful enough for you, you might just be too hard to please." With a waggled eyebrow, he stuck out his tongue at the other man even as he continued to wipe down the nearest surfaces.
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
right by the entrance you broke, finally reality's taking its hold
It’s much easier said than done.” He rumbles with a quiet huff. He was already in too deep, had already come close to dying far too many times for any sane man, and now to try and pick up the pieces in the ways he knew, he couldn’t just… Leave it all. He could do his best to protect his family, though, and that has become his one and only goal. Still, he nods in understanding, in agreement, at the follow up comment from Amun.

As for the rest, though, the admission of it being a bad joke has a small smile finally cracking on his face. “I think I speak for the both of us in saying it’s been a long year.” He groans, his hip bumped as he clears out the dirty water with another wave of clean water from the bubble he’d summoned.

He waves a hand at Amun, splashing a small amount of water his way (intentionally? Or by accident? It’s hard to say), before he’s grabbing another rag to clean up the dirt clinging to the wall that’s now clear. “Sure, sure. Sounds great on paper.” Sunjata manages with a soft chuckle. “What about you, though? What’s next? Cleaning this up and… Are you going to open the guild again?” His gaze drifts from the specks on the wall to glance at the potter.
you're not who you were, but you can't let it go
you're not where you're from, but you're always alone
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun shrugged at Sunjata's observation. "All the things in life worth doing are." Although the potter words were for the other man, the Ascended found his eyes drifting away and his voice was quiet as he spoke.

"That much is true," he admitted with a chuckle. Rolling his neck, he wrung out his dirty cloth and then threw it in the corner. Tossing the dirty water into the street, he jerked his chin at the demi-god's water. "New trick? Or did you just pick up water magic somehow?"

Punching the mattress to see if it needed to be replaced, Amun chuckled. "Easier said than done, sounds good on paper. My my, someone's a pessimist." Shooting Sunjata a glance, the potter waggled his eyebrows. "If I can. Don't know if there's interest in that. Maybe you'd like to take up a new trade?" The question was accompanied with a wink.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The question almost takes him by surprise – nobody having asked outright how he suddenly got the option for water magic. He continues to swirl the liquid around to wipe away the dirt. He turns to Amun while it works, flashing a playful smile. “It was the first perk I got for becoming a demigod.” He offers, shrugging a shoulder. “Suppose it fits, given the whole flood.” He gestures to himself when he says it, before his hands drop and he lets the ball of water fall out into the street.

As the conversation moves on, Sunjata snorts at the pessimist comment. “Never been much of one for seeing the glass half full.” He shrugs, figuring it doesn’t matter before he rubs at his neck at the option, humming a soft laugh. “I’m not… Really artistic? I’ve never tried at least. If you need help, though, I can try. It’s not like I’ve got much else going on.” Another shrug, a bit of ease coming into his shoulders as he flashes a brighter smile toward Amun. “How’s the mattress?” He asks, wondering if they’ll need to haul it outside.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Nodding at Sunjata's explanation, Amun chuckled at the other man's description. "If you say so. Though I'd say that's less a flood, more an ambitious puddle." The Ascended winked.

"You might have to start, what with the whole water theme you've got going on," he quipped. As the demi-god protested that he couldn't possibly join a newly reopened Artisan's Guild, the Ascended put his hands on his hips. "One, who said anything about art? We make shit, it doesn't have to be pretty." Holding out his hand, he put up two fingers. "Two, everyone can and should make art. It doesn't have to be good, there's no such thing really, beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. It just has to be."

Glancing over at the corner, he shrugged. Walking to the mattress in question he sat on it and bounced a few times. "It's fine. I think. It's not like I sleep anyway. Mostly it's for show and, well...not sleeping." He waggled his eyebrows at Sunjata.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh it should get better.” Sunjata remarks, letting out a small huff of a laugh, a roll of his eyes to Amun’s wink – the charm and ease of the Ascended making things that much easier to deal with. He even can feel the smile stretch the scar on the side of his face when Amun speaks on his glass half full comment. “Ew. Me? Absolutely not, water or not.” He hums another soft laugh before taking a deep breath, working to finish dragging out the trash and clearing up the dirty water, wringing out the towels they’d used.

I’ve only made things that are… Useful, I guess? When I got here I was a bit of a handyman. So I suppose if you have anything like that you need, suppose I can help out.” The offer is there – it isn’t like Sunjata has much else going on in terms of guilds right now. The Advocates having burned to the ground and all the participants leaving except for Neron, himself, and Nate.

He watches while he stretches out his back, feeling one of the notches of his spine pop with the movement. “Still want it comfortable, though.” He shrugs. “We can get you some new blankets and pillows in the market if you want to go for a walk.” Get rid of the ratty, half moth eaten fabric that had been exposed to some elements in Amun’s absence.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Snorting at Sunjata's assertion that the puddle would grow in time, Amun jerked his chin at the water. "So it's ambitions are not unfounded then." As the other man protested, albeit in a joking manner, the potter nodded. "Mmm. Right. Much better to have a full glass." Waggling his eyebrows, he chucked as he toasted with an invisible cup.

One hand still on his hip, he hummed a low note. Gesturing at the remains of the pottery that had once adorned his shop, he arched an eyebrow at the demi-god. "We could always use more repairmen and tinkers. And just because something is functional doesn't mean it can't be beautiful too, in its own way." Bending down, the Ascended grabbed some of the remaining cups, which was almost intact save for a crack in the bottom. It was glazed and painted with a beautiful wave pattern.

Shrugging, he scratched the back of his head. "Sounds good. Not like I've got anything pressing to do, and it'll give the place a chance to air out." Wrinkling his nose, he indicated that the Flood should lead the way.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Everything starts small, doesn’t it?” Sunjata comments with a roll of his eyes, but only huffs at the following comment of the glass. Try as he might, Sunjata’s very rarely a half full type of person – only optimistic when he absolutely has to be. This isn’t one of those, though, and he finds it easy to let that particular conversation die. Especially when it shifts to needing repairmen and tinkerers – Sunjata having never really considered himself a tinkerer. He was a fixer. He fixed things.

Or tried to.

Fair enough. Maybe I’ll give it a shot then.” Sunjata offers, casting his steel gaze over to Amun as he picks up the wave patterned mug. He waits for Amun to agree whether or not to follow him into he market, he does start heading toward the door. “And dry out.” He offers, gesturing with a nod of his head toward the spaces they’d had to scrub that were still damp.

Regardless, the Flood steps out of the shop and starts heading down toward the shops, slow enough that Amun can catch up if he’s fallen behind. Eventually, he lands at the stall with all the cloth, and he scans through them before raising his brows toward Amun. “What’s your favorite color?
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun waggled his eyebrows at Sunjata. "Insert obligatory dick joke here." Snorting, the potter waved his hand at the demi-god. "But yes, from every acorn and all that."

Nodding at the other man's acceptance, the Ascended reached out to clasp him on the shoulder. "We'd be happy to have you." Smiling, he pointed at the much cleaner building they'd left behind. "You're already off to a good start in my mind. Even if it is a little damp, yes." Chuckling, he released Sunjata and fell into step beside him.

Hobbling along, Amun arched an eyebrow at the Flood's question. "Green. I shudder to think why you ask." The potter tilted his head to one side as he waited for an explanation.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I figured you’d fill it in.” Sunjata mutters with a roll of his eyes, an exasperated sigh leaving him. It doesn’t last long, though, not as the real prospect of joining a different guild is on the table. He considers Amun for a moment longer, the cool hand on his shoulder, before he nods in some amount of understanding. “Then sure, I’ll give it a shot.” What’s the worst that could happen? He gets kicked out?

Wouldn’t be any different than how he is now, without a single guild going at all.

Either way, the stalls are in front of them and Sunjata’s asking about colors, and the second the answer leaves the other Ascended’s lips, he’s flipping through the swatches of fabric, the cooler tones on display. “Because you don’t sleep so your new sheets should at least be pretty to look at, hm?” He teases, casting a glance up toward Amun as he settles on an emerald green fabric with flares of golds and purples. “Am I wrong?
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"Didn't I?" Amun asked with a wink and a smirk. Then he waggled his eyebrows. "Don't suppose you're expecting me to do all the heavy lifting in this conversation." He chuckled before tutting his tongue at Sunjata.

When the demi-god agreed to at least temporarily join the Art-isan's Guild, the potter squeezed the other man's shoulder before releasing him. "Excellent. Glad to have you on board. Or we will be once it's up and running again." The Ascended pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Snorting at Sunjata's explanation, Amun goes to lean against one of the poles of the stall they were currently browsing. Well, that the demi-god was browsing; the potter was mostly just watching the other man at this point. "And you say you're not an artist," the Ascended quipped. Reaching out, he felt the fabric between two fingers before nodding and giving Sunjata a thumbs up.
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
All of it. Hope you can carry.” He comments, smirking slightly, before it fades and the agreement of being on board with joining the guild has him nodding, wondering if he’d need to set up some way of contacting him when he’s back home in King’s End. But that’s neither here nor there for the moment, because he’s focusing on the fabrics, picking out colors and things that looked nice for the space Amun would occupy in his downtime.

Sunjata’s brow rises toward the Ascended, a scoff and a roll of his eyes as he hands the fabric to Amun. “I’m not. I didn’t say I didn’t have eyes, though.” He grumbles a hint playfully before he takes a deep breath and regards Amun after he grabs the swatch of fabric back, focusing on the next set to go with it. “When I was growing up it was… Common for boys to die before their eighteenth birthday.” He starts, picking up a gold leaf silk that he considers for a moment too long. “So I was never allowed to decorate my room or anything. I grew up in grey walls and grey bedding. I used to have to sneak over to my sisters room if I wanted a splash of color. Then when I finally had a place of my own and was able to decorate it, I kind of threw myself into it all. It’s why a lot of people say the VlamVloed is over the top.” He puts down the gold silk for a bit of gold lace, a bit more see through than the silk had been, and he moves onto the next set of colors.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun pointedly looked at Sunjata's bicep before the potter flexed his own much less impressive one. Holding that for just a moment, he released it with a snort. "So those are just for vanity then?" He stuck his tongue out at the Flood.

Taking the cloth, the Ascended folded it into a square. He was about to tuck it under his armpit when the demi-god snatched it back. Arching an eyebrow, Amun resumed leaning against the wooden frame of the stall as the other man explained a bit about his past. "Well, interior decorating is a form of art, so I hereby declare you an artist." Glancing at the gold leaf that Sunjata finally chose, Amun added, "Even if you are a particularly gaudy one." He let out a chuckle.

Smiling, he reached out to pat the demi-god's shoulder. "Still, I appreciate all your help. With the cleaning and the bedsheets and everything."
Amun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh no. They carry other things.” Sunjata corrects swiftly, before letting his amusement falter a fraction on the memory of the past. He hands Amun the fabric the second he’s decided on a good mix of the two, gaze glancing over toward the merchant who could tell them how much the whole item would cost to get the pillow cases and bedding made of that material – and of course, what kind of shape and style he wanted them in. This was something the demigod would let Amun refer to.

Still, the gaudy comment has a laugh leaving him, a roll of his eyes as he sighs. “I was a rich kid that didn’t get to experience the rich kid atmosphere, okay? Let me have this.” He jests, sneaking out his elbow to nudge Amun’s side as the Ascended reaches out to pat his shoulder. “You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help, actually.” He pauses, flashing a smaller smile, something a hint more genuine in it than there was previously.
SUNJATA