{o} heatwaves
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru

Frey has given her her directions, and Hotaru is not one to dawdle with something she desires on the line. Torchline is as familiar as the back of her hand, and the Road in the early morning sunlight is beautiful company as the distant birds begin to awaken and sing. The heat of the early hour is more of a gauzy warmth; promising sweltering heights in the near future, but comfortable and appealing in the moment.

Armed with her empty satchel (freshly stolen back from her impish son) and wearing one of her new dresses from the shopping spree in the Sidhe Village. It feels like a promising start to the morning - to do much more. She has her quest from Ludo, and now another from Frey. Even the slimmest chance of getting Atlas back is enough to brighten her spirits. She could have bonded to another companion, it’s true, but it would never have replaced the hole Atlas left. So even against seemingly impossible odds, Ru sets out to complete her given missions. Scouting for rocks that appeal to her eye, and plucking them from the ground to secret away into her bag.
a princess with lips made of glass
and a voice cut from steel
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Once she had heard of a place called the Rainbow Road, Lilliane couldn't help but check it out. Based on the description she got, it sounded like a beautiful place. And when she arrived, she was not disappointed. It surely was a beautiful place. Albeit warmer than expected. She was glad that she had decided to borrow summer clothing from the people at the Grounds, knowing that she'd head to Torchline today.

It was when she was wandering the rainbow road, that she spotted another woman seemingly doing the same. Only that the other woman seemed to be picking up rocks? Maybe to make some kind of decoration out of them? It did interest Lilliane. And maybe she could have a pleasant conversation with the woman as well. Yet still, she hesitated. She had never been the person to just walk up to strangers and talk to them. And while she had made some progress over the last few years, she still wasn't accustomed to it.

Still, she'd have to pull herself together and talk to people anyway, better start right away. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to the other woman. "Um, hi." she said with a nervous smile. "I, um, don't want to disturb you if you want to be left alone. But would you mind if I come along for a bit? I can also help you if you want." As she said the last part, Lilliane gestured towards the bag where the woman put the stones.
Lilliane
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

The Valkyrie is not expecting her solitude to be broken despite the rather populated nature of Torchline. Prepared for a quiet nod of greeting or a wave of her hand, her hand tightens around the damp rock in her hand in surprise at the tentative young voice that breaks the natural silence of the morning. Straightening, Ru turns to find the speaker; a young woman with golden hair and a shy, sloping inward curve to her shoulders at odds with the bravery of her request.

Hotaru arranges a welcoming smile on her pretty face, gesturing the girl closer with a graceful curl of her fingers. “Hello dear. I don’t mind a bit of company if you’d like to join me.” Assuming she moves closer, Ru shows the smooth stone in her palm before she deposits it with the others in her bag. “I’m Hotaru. What’s your name? If you’d like to help, I’m collecting stones on Frey’s behest - no specific kind.” Giving the young woman a chance to do something more than stroll along at the Valkyrie’s side.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
Visibly relieved by the friendly reply, Lilliane stepped closer. "I'm Lilliane. Nice to meet you." She took a look at the stone Hotaru showed her and nodded. "Sure, I can help with that." she said with a smile. After this, she would continue walking at a comfortable pace, if Hotaru would come along.

While keeping an eye out for stones that caught her eye, she took a sideways glance at Hotaru. "If you don't mind me asking, why does Frey want you to collect stones? Are you a demigod of Frey, since you do work for them?" Realising that this string of questions might be a bit too direct, she quickly adds "I'm sorry if this is too personal. I haven't been in Caido that long, so I don't know how everything works here yet."
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can
Lilliane
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

"The pleasure is mine," she responds, soft and regal as she young girl moves closer to her side. Hunting for stones is perhaps the easiest portion of her quest. It is entirely subjective, with no requirements placed upon what shape, color, or quality the stones should be. All the easier for Lilliane - newly named - to join Hotaru in her efforts.

A little humming laugh sounds in the Valkyrie's throat at the inquisitive, if off-base question. "Oh, no. While I'm quite loyal to them, I am not their demigod. I asked them for something, and as such they gave me a list of things to complete in return for it." Fair is fair after all, and Frey - of all the heralds - believes most strongly in scratching each other's backs so to speak. "You're an Outlander then? I'm sorry. You seem awfully young, and I know how hard it can be." Sympathy makes her voice soft, personal between the two of them, while her wording makes it clear that Hotaru herself is an Outlander as well.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Although Lilliane did offer to help gather stones, the conversation distracted her from the task at the moment. Smiling at Hotaru's sympathetic words, she nodded. "Yes. I haven't been here that long yet, so I try to learn something new every day. Though I think I prefer getting used to a whole new world now, rather than when I'm old and have more to lose." She couldn't imagine how devastated she might have felt ten years from now, maybe with a partner and even kids.

"So you can just go to the gods and... ask them for stuff?" Lilliane looked at Hotaru, eyebrows raised, clearly surprised at the notion. "I mean, I understand that you seem to get tasks to do to get what you want, but it's still amazing that you can just go to the gods and ask for their help. Well, and actually get an answer."
Lilliane
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Hotaru spares a moment to be vulnerable, even if for only a breath. More than most would be lucky to see. "Yes. I was parted from my partner and children when I arrived here. It's not a burden I would wish on anyone." Though her physical body had been relatively young when she had arrived in Caido. Perhaps only a handful of years older than Lilliane. How many years now has she been here? They seem to have slipped away from her.

A graceful laugh escapes her, heterochromatic eyes sparkling with mirth. "I know, seems blasphemous right?" It's spoken with a gentle humor. "But they are our creators, or at least they are the heralds of them. I assume they are inclined to like us in some way, if not love, as a parent would for their child. And we certainly can do many things for them that they cannot do on their own. Maybe not individually, but as a whole." Perhaps that will help Lilliane warm to the idea. Hotaru had always been too motivated, too obsessed with climbing to the top as a young woman, to be daunted by the idea of appearing selfish.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
As Lilliane listened, there was a sad expression on her face. Not for herself, but because she understood how devastating it must have been for Hotaru. She had no partner or children. But there was still someone left behind.

Deciding to leave the sad topics behind, Lilliane focused on their conversation about the gods. "That makes sense. But from what I heard, there is one God called Caido, who created everything. Did he create the world and the other gods created the people? Or how did things go?" If there even was an answer to her question. It was likely there were only myths about such things.

She smiled slightly. "I really like that the gods don't just sit up and above, but actually involve themselves in the daily life of the people. I think that makes them more likable."
Lilliane
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

“There is, yes, though nobody has seen Caido as far as I’m aware. But they are all tied together, not quite family but something similar. Caido created all as far as I’m aware - them and us.” The ties between the deities are more cosmic than familial, because the heralds didn’t necessarily like each other. As for the big three well. There are stories of course, of love between Vi and Mort and the like, but Ru can’t speak to the validity of those.

Hotaru picks up another stone and laughs softly. “It is nice, isn’t it? Though it makes them more real, makes you see their flaws more clearly.” If the girl hasn’t met them yet perhaps it will be a good warning, to expect the good and the bad at the same time.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Watching Hotaru pick up another stone, Lilliane remembered that they were trying to gather some and started to look around again. "I wonder why Caido decided to stay away from everyone." It still seemed strange that someone would create a world, only to remain hidden away from their creation. But after a moment, she disregarded the thought with a shrug. They would probably never know. Not unless someone went and asked Caido.

Noticing a nice, smooth stone, Lilliane picked it up and offered it to Hotaru. "What are their flaws? Or would it be blasphemy to ask such a thing?" she asked with a slight smirk. Though her tone was only half-joking.
Lilliane
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

It’s a more philosophical question to Ru, though whether Lilliane meant it that way is unclear. “Perhaps he is merely waiting for us. Trapped, or testing us. Or maybe he likes to watch us grow from afar, as we do to plants.” After all, humans are so short lived in the eyes of a god. Ru is always pleasantly surprised by their empathy, but she never takes it for granted.

Taking the offered stone with a smile and placing it in her bag, the Valkyrie considers the question. “Oh it could certainly be blasphemy, but only on my part.” And Hotaru doesn’t mind that particular sentence. “For example Ludo can seem cruel, though it enjoys childish things. It doesn’t care as much for frivolous human matters. Grief is a human thing, I suppose it seems of little use to a herald that stands for death in its entirety. It can come off as callous - though usually only if you seek to ask it about death itself.” Or retrieving souls or lost companions, though that seems to be a Hotaru-only problem. Go figure. “I’ve only met Ludo and Frey directly, but admittedly I’m not the person to talk to about Safrin. We have a mutual hatred for each other.” Which is the real blaspheming, but Hotaru can’t help but laugh a little about it.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
"Possible." was the only remark concerning Caido, as Lilliane pondered the thought for a moment. The thoughts and motives of a god were probably not something they would easily understand.

And there were other gods to talk about, those more involved with current affairs. Raising an eyebrow in surprise, Lilliane asked: "Why do you hate Safrin? I heard she is the herald of life, so I just assumed that she would like everything that is alive." Then again, her assumptions had been based on mythology and novels from an entirely different world. And even there it wasn't accurate in all accounts. "Also, do people here meet the gods often?"
Lilliane

Coding base by Sky

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Hotaru hums contemplatively, both amused and impressed by the girl’s sharp constitution and ability to read between the lines. “She is a vain and manipulative thing, herald of life or not. She has no qualms destroying and twisting us to get what she wants. She may reward you for your fealty, but only because she enjoys your groveling. If you enjoy a self-serving god, perhaps she is the one for you, but I certainly can’t give you an unbiased representation of her.” Gesturing to their general surroundings the Valkyrie quirks a smile. “Sunjata, and Maeve after him, have sworn Torchline as a city to her entirely. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of her followers to ask after if you desire.”

Wandering closer, stones shifting together as she closes the space between them, the woman nods while tucking errant hair behind her ear. “Oh, yes. The heralds, at least. They prefer those untainted by magic of course - the Accepted and Attuned - but if you try often enough you will surely encounter one. Just remember to always bring a gift in offering.” The advice is given sincerely. No sense in setting the girl off on a path doomed to be led by a misstep.
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
As she listened, Lilliane furrowed her brows, tapping her chin with one finger. Then she nodded. "I suppose vanity and manipulation are aspects of life as well. I might go and ask some of her followers about her as well, because I like to hear both sides of each story. But so far, she really doesn't sound like a god I'd like to follow." For a moment, she remained silent, sorting her thoughts. "Based on what I heard so far, Frey sounds like the herald I'll most likely try to talk to," she said with a smile.

Nodding again, Lilliane asked: "Is there a specific kind of gift I should bring? And would that be different depending on who I want to talk to?" Having the chance to ask these questions was indeed quite comforting.
Lilliane

Coding base by Sky