draw me a clock
for Ludo
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
I collect scars because i want proof
that I've paid for the sins i've committed
With death on his mind and yet feeling strangely optimistic, the Lullaby makes his way into Ludo's Wood. Despite LongHeat's influence, the air in the herald's forest is a bit brisk and a bit darker; far more than it should be and yet Remi wasn't particularly surprised by it.

Today the alchemist has brought with him a game of snakes and ladders created from a childhood memory. It was a distant memory and so the board wouldn't last for long, but a sweet one just the same. "When I was younger, my mother would let me choose to fall only halfway down a ladder if I did a chore." Remi explains as he sets out the board and the pieces. Whether Ludo would choose to play or simply knock the game about wasn't important. "I would do my chores anyway, but I always let myself fall the full distance. It was never about winning or losing, with my mother." He adds with a small shrug. For Ludo he'd brought the carving of an ebony cat to serve as its piece. For himself, he'd chosen a ball of yarn.
the lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LUDO
"Then what was it about?" Ludo wonders. It is suddenly just there, sitting beside Remi and the snakes and ladders board, reaching out dark fingers to pluck up the dice. "If it was not about winning and losing, then why play the game?" The Lullaby has seen enough of the herald to be able to guess, at the very least, that parenting is not something of which it has much personal experience.

The dice clatter to the board, showing a seven, and Ludo tip-taps the cat along the board and leaves it there. "You want something," it says quietly. "And it's not that party you were talking about. The one where you ask me to work with Safrin, and no one has any special murdering powers, like magic or claws..." Yes, Ludo was spying. No, it's not surprising. "Did you bring Oria?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The question has Remi smiling to himself as he shrugged his shoulders a touch boyishly. ”Fun, I suppose. And...I think partly because it was just a charade to spend time together.” Boys should not need excuses to spend time with their mothers, and yet Remi had needed to do so. So it was they played games that resulted in manual labour, much to the approval of his father.

Not surprised by the herald’s astuteness on nearly all accounts, the Lullaby nods. “I am feeling a bit too selfish for that.” He admits easily, and not just because Ludo would certainly be able to tell if he were to lie. “I realized the other day that...Ronin and I will likely die at some point in this war. Not a forever-death, but the sort that our immortality would give. I know what I am like without him, and how he keeps me in check. Were he to temporarily be gone...” The sudden tension in the Lullaby’s body says as much about what he might do as anything he might say. “I was hoping for some sort of time piece. A way of telling how long an immortal will be ‘dead’ for.”

As for Oria? Remi smiles. “No, I did not bring her.” There is a buzzing of wings from above as Oria descends with an acorn in her arms. “She brought herself.”
the lullaby
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO
"Oh. Okay." Ludo doesn't get it, which ought to be obvious. And when Remi doesn't go ahead with his turn, the herald takes it upon itself to roll a second time, ignoring the result to trundle the little cat up the nearest ladder. You snooze, you lose, and all that. "That does seem likely," it agrees, furrowing its brow. "Are you sure you wouldn't just prefer something to make that less likely to happen? The being dead thing?"

Regardless of Remi's answer, Ludo is already thinking on his request, scrabbling to its feet and grabbing a stick from the ground to draw in the dirt. "Like a timer? An hourglass? I can do that," it says. "But I want stuff for it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Is that a possibility?" Remi wonders. Not unlike his mother before him, he ignored the way Ludo took more than one turn. He used to do the same as a boy, trying to reach the end as quickly as possible and not always realizing what he was losing out on by rushing things. "To be more immortal than we already are? Because I think when it comes to strength..." Shrugging slightly, Remi can only shake his head. "I am not sure strength will always be enough." There was no reason to think that at some point there wouldn't be some way of just...reducing his strength to nothing, and then where would he be?

Glancing at the dirt, the Lullaby nods. "I can get stuff." He says with a grin. "Anything in particular?" Remi wonders a touch mischievously, knowing the answer would be yes.
the lullaby
Spooky Rags

Change author:
LUDO
"Well, obviously," Ludo says. "You may not be able to be killed, except if it's someone you love, but you'll still get old. If you were more immortal, you'd not get wrinkles," it points out.

"But that's not what I meant. You could always get armour or magic or defenses, to make it less likely that someone will kill you." But ultimately that's not what Remi has come here for. Pausing in its doodles to croon at Oria and belatedly accept her acorn (Ludo adds it to the snakes and ladders game, and Oria is winning), it sits back on its heels to regard the Lullaby.

"Lots in particular," it says with a grin, taking up the stick again to draw an hourglass in the dirt.

Remi has received a quest from Ludo! He must:

1. Complete 3 threads: one collecting blood from a demigod of life (Vi or Safrin), one collecting blood from a demigod of nature (Rae or Frey), and one collecting blood from a demigod of death (Mort or Ludo).
2. Complete a thread collecting branches from a sapling - it doesn't matter what kind of tree.
3. Complete a thread collecting sand from around the Miana Pool.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Finishing the game (it's Ludo and Oria against Remi and precisely none of the original rules are followed), predictably Remi loses, and owes both Ludo and Oria one hundred years' worth of chores to be dolled out at their discretion. 'I suppose I should have seen that coming.' Remi murmurs with a frown, but there's a warm twinkle in his eyes just the same.

"The Greatwood has nearly completed its quest as well." The Lullaby adds, so that Ludo might not be surprised when it is called again so soon.

Rising, though Oria seemed more keen to stay with Ludo, Remi can only grin and leave the two mischievous souls to make their own choices.

~FIN
the lullaby