Personal Quest [split] blue tipped fingers [rq]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
I might soak you again. Remi replies with a casual shrug of his shoulders as he grins at Fiadh. Unless you can think of a better way to help? So saying the pair make it back to the meeting spot to join up with Felix and Camilla.

"Lets do the Wildwood next. Then we can end at the Stonesong and cool ourselves off if need be." Inclining his head to indicate the vast Woods around them, Remi folds his arms comfortably across his chest. "If we split up we should be able to tackle things much more quickly. If no one has any objections to that..?" Pausing to see if anyone does, Remi pulls out the second jar and pours 3/4 of it into three smaller vials to hand out. "The base of the trees, its branches, or the canopy above. Try and alternate if you can."

Pick a direction, N/S/E/W and begin to sprinkle your container of water around the Wildwood!
THE ALCHEMIST
maybe it's a long gray game, but maybe that's a good thing
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
FIADH
our paths, they did cross, though I cannot say just why
Having joined Remi back on the forest floor, Fiadh shifts seamlessly from a red kite into a furrier, more mischievous form, complete with dark little fingers for grabbing vials. I'll go West, she announces, taking the vial (and shaking it and sniffing it and finally putting it into her mouth for safekeeping and not for chewing) and heading off to do just that.

Don't get lost! she calls behind her as if that might be something they have any control of, stopping at the base of the nearest tree to work the cork out of the vial and sprinkle a couple of drops of water onto it. Will it be slow going? Yeah, probably. She doesn't really care, though.

Fiadh shifts into a raccoon, chooses West, and gets to sprinkling!
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Raccoon | Red Fox | Red Kite | Boomslang | Otter | Harpy
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
FELIX

With the first portion done, the bear trudges his way alongside Camilla to meet up with Remi and Fiadh. The meeting spot is an easy place to find and Felix waits for the instruction to be given, hands latched behind his back, his gaze lingering on Remi, his head held high and his back straight. “No objections on my end.” Felix offers with a bright smile, reaching forward to take the vial offered to him – hearing as the raccoon declares she’s heading west.

I’ll take South!” He offers aloud, nodding his head lightly toward Camilla and Remi as he too departs, moving toward the trees there to climb into the branches to sprinkle the water there.

Felix chooses south and starts by sprinkling branches!
old man, i'm done always abidin' by the plan
and oh boy, we knew you never really had a choice
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Age: 31 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Camilla

Camilla glances between the other three, waiting for the next set of instructions and they're similar to the last. With Fiadh taking West and Felix taking South there are only two options left. The Abandoned considers, pushing off of the tree she's resting against and takes another vial, "I suppose I'll take East." She hums with a smile before heading in that direction. Her movements are almost lazy in the heat, pausing occasionally to sprinkle water at the bases of the trees, being sure to not use too much at each one.

Climbing isn't her forté, but it takes little effort for her to use her abilities to call the branches down to her so she might be lifted into them and able to sprinkle water there too.

Camilla rakes East and uses her powers to get into the trees.
We can't make any promises now can we, babe?
But you can make me a drink
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
A few hanging snakes have taken a particular interest in what Fiadh is doing. Uncoiling themselves from where they'd been sleeping, they begin to wander along the branches towards the raccoon, reaching for her tail and the round warmth of her belly that they might see what she's up to.

Happy to be watered, Felix will find that the trees begin to crowd around him, making the path he was on disappear completely as they fight for his attention.

Attracted by the water, a slow-moving herd of bloatbeetles are following in Camilla 's wake. They skitter from pools of shade so that their bodies don't overheat.

Meanwhile, a grouping of burros, likely attracted by the water being sprinkled about, are now following Remi with a shocking intensity. As they do so, they are destroying the ground as they burrow up and down to keep pace with him.

No posting order! Deal with your flora or fauna!
THE ALCHEMIST
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
are you telling this story or am I?
Busy shaking water along roots and branches, Fiadh has stuffed the (corked) vial of water back into her mouth as she clambers into the trees to sprinkle a few more droplets. Which is exactly when the hanging snakes come to say hello. Instead of remaining furry, the bushy tail and furry belly become the tanned and freckled form of the Attuned, and she holds her arms out for the snakes to investigate her.

"Didn't reckon you for bein' thirsty," she remarks as they coil around her, Fiadh offering little kisses to their scaly heads. "C'mon, you can hang out with me. I'll show you bits of the forest you've never seen." With her voice dropping to a conspiratory whisper, she grins and shimmies out onto the branches, continuing her work with her snaky entourage.

Fiadh deals with her hanging snakes by pretty much not dealing with them, letting them hang out on her as she continues sprinkling water.
Fiadh
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Age: 31 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Camilla

Bloatbeetles aren't particularly troublesome and she can't help smiling a little as they clearly show interest in the water she's sprinkling. Camilla pauses, focusing on her magic to create them a small pool of water in the shade so they might lounge and soak without worry of overheating in the sun that's shining down through the trees. "There. Enjoy yourselves now." She hums, heading further into the trees to keep sprinkling her water at the base of those she comes across.

Camilla uses her magic to create a shallow pool of water in the shade for the beetles before continuing on.
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
FELIX

He starts watering the plants, sprinkling it here and there, and before he knows it the branches are reaching and crowding, blocking the path and vying for his attention. “Hey, there’s plenty for all of you!” He laughs, even if he’s pretty sure he doesn’t have enough water for all of them. He tries to spread it out over the branches closest to him, the ones that block the way the most, hoping that in doing so they’ll go back to what they were doing before and open the path again.

If that doesn’t work, though, he’s no stranger to climbing through the tree branches to get where he needs to go.

Felix sprinkles water on the branches closest to him hoping they’ll move out of the way and open the path again!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Not dealing with a problem is dealing with it, in a way. As Fiadh continues about she'll acquire more and more snakes as those in nearby tree branches wonder what's so interesting about the copper-hair attuned and clamber aboard to find out. It's going to make things much slower, but hey, if this is how you want to handle things, you do you.

With strange clicks and clacks of appreciation, the elephant beetles heft themselves into the small pool and begin to float around like strange and mildly terrifying blow-up toys. Well done Camilla! Now that the Greatwood is aware you're handing out free water though, the trees are getting a bit greedy. You'll notice that your path is continuously blocked by trees requiring a bit of water. See what being generous and clever gets you?

Appeased for now, the trees part and allow Felix through. A group of deer eye him a touch warily, but for now, things seem to be going alright! Get sprinkling!

Turning, Remi frowns deeply at the burrows who are digging up the ground in an effort to get to him. Were this earlier in the season he might have utilized their chaos to help seed the soil, but this far into LongHeat the last thing the tender shoots needed was to be interrupted. Parting his jaws and partially shifting enough to roar, Remi tries to scare the rodents away.
THE ALCHEMIST
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
are you telling this story or am I?
"Snaaaakes, no!" Whilst Fiadh is absolutely not objecting to her (swarm of) new friends, it does make things a little difficult to get around. And her exclamation - made through laughter, of course - will echo through her area of the Greatwood as she sprinkles more water before finally shimmying down the tree trunk to the ground. "Okay, you lot. You're going to have to watch from this branch here, okay?"

So saying, she unloops some of the snakes and drapes them over said branch, before bending to sprinkle water on the roots of the tree. "And you guys can watch from here!" Repeating the process at the next tree, and the next, hopefully Fiadh will find herself without serpents eventually.

Fiadh tries a different tactic, hanging up snakes as she sprinkles the roots of trees.
Fiadh
Felix Calob

Change author:
FELIX

It seems to work, the young man watching as the branches start to unfurl and the pathway becomes clear again. He gives the ones drifting away from him a small part of appreciation, before he’s drifting down the path some more. He pauses here and there to sprinkle a bit more water along the branches before he starts to focus on the other half of what he’s to do over here.

This time, he drifts on through and starts to sprinkle water along the roots and bases of the trunks, trying to figure out the best way to get to the canopy next, wondering how he might be able to manage the bottle in between his jaws while he flies above in his peryton shift.

Felix sprinkles along the base of the trees now!
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

It's no bother to her the way the trees reach and grab. She has plenty of water to go around. The trees that she doesn't sprinkle with the fluid mixture get their own dose of hydration from her magic. Generosity abounds. Camilla continues on her way much the same, pausing occasionally to sprinkle more fluid and water the surrounding flora and fauna that comes her way as she does so. The canopy will be a bit trickier, but she's sure with her magic at hand it won't be too difficult to get into the treetops once she needs to.

Camilla sprinkles fluid and waters the surrounding plants that don't get a special sprinkle.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Okay Steve Irwin. Luckily for Fiadh the snakes more or less stay where they're placed, though there are a few well-meaning hisses from some of the snakes who would have preferred to keep the attuned's body heat beneath them. Given how well watered the base of the trees are, how about the tops?

As @Camila becomes a fountain in her own right, the Greatwood seems to sigh gratefully around her. Though there's no drought here, rain has been infrequent enough that her sudden self-contained shower is very much appreciated. Why don't you try and dump out what's left of your vial on the top of the trees?

It's a good thing that Felix took to the air when he did—as Remi roars nearby, the herd of deer who has been watching the attuned suddenly decide to charge. No matter though, given how high up you are. Dump that last bit of fluid and we can move on!

Remi's roar causes the burros to go scurrying...but he also inadvertently sends some deer charging through the Greatwood. Oops. Frowning at the sound, Remi stretches out his tentacles to try and massage the upturned earth back into place.

Last round of this leg! <3
THE ALCHEMIST
Felix Calob

Change author:
FELIX

The peryton does take to the skies just in time to avoid the deer – wings taking him higher and higher until he can crest them, trying to switch around the way he’s got the bottle of water between his teeth to try and not drop the entire thing yet still sprinkle the rest of it. It doesn’t quite go as well as he hopes, though, his attempts to concentrate between keeping himself airborne and the way the bottle shifts in his mouth? Well, it certainly ends up dumping half the rest of the contents as he catches it again, and the rest sprinkling out over the tree tops.

Realizing it’s empty now, the peryton tries to make it back to the meeting place, the empty bottle still lodged between his teeth.

Felix dumps the rest of the water along the tree tops and heads back to the meet up place!