when I walk beside her
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He had helped Maeve put Edmund to bed before promising her he'd be back in a moment, just had to run home. He had presents for her after all. Except every step further from the Halenani and closer to his apartment made his heart race faster. He'd spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to handle all of this, if this was even a good idea. Fear was a hell of a drug and it had been his life blood for so long. But the war was fast approaching and he'd rather not die with regrets. The worst she could do was say no. And he could handle that.

After a few bottles of booze.

But he makes it back to his apartment and finds the little packages easily enough. He tucks them away, takes a deep breath, and heads  back. The fear and anxiety bleed away to an almost nothingness. At least until he reaches her door. He's shaking as he twists the handle, "Hey.. Maeve. Got your presents." He holds up the little boxes to show her and desperately tries to hide the nervousness he's feeling.

He hands her the larger present but not the smaller. Inside she'd find a book, a collection of Outlander myths and stories. "Can open this one first. Okay?"
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He seemed uneasy. A nervousness to each of his movements and the way he holds himself. Maeve almost presses, but after everything with Gideon in the square, she's sure he's just as shaken as she is about the whole thing. Instead she lets him go with a kiss and a hurry back.

Her smile is bright whenever he enters, setting her brush down as she twists at her vanity to face him and perhaps she's just a touch excited as she practically skips over to sit on the bed. Maeve can't really remember the last time he got her a gift. At least not when she wasn't working.

Jade eyes flick up to meet hazel, brows raising as she lets out a soft sound, taking the package and carefully ripping away the wrapping. "Oh. It's lovely." Maeve murmurs, running her fingers over the cover almost reverently, tracing over the raised text of the title. "Thank you. I can't wait to read it." And read some of them to Edmund too. She already knew he'd love it.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

She's so excited to see him or maybe the gifts, he's not sure. It bolsters him a little either way. "I wasn't sure what to get you. Don't know books very well. But this seemed unusual enough to not be already in your collection." He knew she'd lost a lot of it when the Halenani was destroyed but that'd been a year and some change. He wasn't sure what she'd replaced in the mean time.

He sits down on the bed next to her for a moment before shifting his weight to sit behind her. The smaller box is tucked behind him, just within reach. Locke presses his forehead to her back because he can't look at her while he does this. His arms wind around her waist and he presses a kiss to her skin. There's a long pause, maybe too long, as he thinks. The attuned makes a little noise, like he wants to speak but can't find the words.

Except he knows exactly what he's meant to say. They're right there. All he has to do is do it. But his heart is racing and he's starting to feel sweaty and what if she tells him no? But he's thought about that. All of the possible outcomes. His hands twist the fabric of her shirt a bit, trying to find some comfort in her warmth.

"Do you trust me?"
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"I definitely don't have anything like this. I love it." Maeve murmurs, still turning the book over in her hands as he shifts behind her. It isn't until his arms slip around her waist that she pauses, feeling his lips press against the space between her shoulder blades, easing a bit of tension there that she wasn't even aware of. A soft sound rises from him and Maeve sets the book down beside her, placing her hand on his forearm, thumb brushing across his skin lightly in an attempt to soothe whatever anxiety is clawing at him.

Her brows pinch in concern, but then he speaks and her lips part, an exhale pushing from her lungs. "Of course." Maeve murmurs, voice soft as she turns her head slightly, attempting to look at him from over her shoulder. It was never a question of if she trusted him. She always did. Even when it was outside of her best interest.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death