Strip Away the Myth from the Man
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon

I'm the lesser of two evils
Or am I, am I tricking myself nice?
Gideon wasn't angry, he was just disappointed.

Safrin had named Remi specifically at their prayer and so it had become a top priority to find and speak to the Demi God, who was apparently hoarding relics. There was, potentially, a good reason for this, but as it stood Gideon struggled to see it as anything other than vanity and a desire for more power, when that power would be best spread among all of those who served the Gods.

He spotted Remi by the City Gates on his morning walk and made a beeline for him. There was no time to waste, after all; Cian's death and the loss of the Knowtbook had them needing every advantage they could wrestle out of the situation. "Remi." Gideon called, in a tone that suggested walking away wasn't really an option. "I need to talk to you." A gentle, but firm hand on the elbow would attempt to pull Remi off to one side.
If I'm a lesser of two evils
Who's this man, who's this act I hide behind?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
i don't want the world to see me,
because I don't think they'd understand
Never mind what Remi was doing by the City Gates, that isn't going to be the interesting part of things. What will be interesting, is how he handles Gideon, a man he could kill with one well-aimed punch, trying to strong arm him into a conversation. Remi, who was temperamental at the best of times and downright murdery at the worst.

Turning, a frown immediately on his lips, it takes seeing Gideon for the alchemist to place the voice with the man. It's hard for his first thoughts not to be about Gideon on his knees with his mouth wrapped around Ronin's cock, which perhaps explains why his eyebrows knit together over and above the fact he didn't like to be touched. Shrugging his shoulder to pull his arm from Gideon's grip, the alchemist gives his head a warning shake. "Please do not touch me." He replies evenly. "I have access to all of your emotions, when you do." Remi qualifies stiffly.
when everything's meant to be broken,
i just want you to know who I am
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon

To be fair, Gideon had not begun this interaction in the most friendly of ways, but he had still not been expecting quite such a venomous expression on Remi's face as the Demi-God turned to face him. His hand loosened it's grip, though the explanation for why he should not touch Remi raised more questions than it did answers. "Really? Well, I have nothing to hide."

Keeping his hands to himself, now that they were a little ways from the crowd, he got right to business. "I spoke to Safrin recently. She said that you have two relics. Is that true?" Gideon's eyes bore hard into Remi's, the implication in the question obvious: if he did have two, it was going to be a problem.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
“That does not mean I want to be forced to feel what you do.” The Lullaby counters tersely. Finding themselves away from the crowd, it’s a relief that Gideon simply jumps into the conversation he’d clearly set out to have and didn’t waist time on pleasantries (currently, Remi had none to offer).

Raising a brow as various responses flit through his mind, some sarcastic and some downright biting, in the end Remi simply opts for the truth. If Safrin was involved in this things were likely more complicated than he wanted. “I do.” He replies evenly, meeting Gideon’s stare with predatory ease.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

"Hm." There was a part of Gideon that wanted to ask what it was he was feeling then, by Remi's estimations, but no - he had a job to do and could not afford to be so distracted.

He didn't know Remi well enough to predict the response he would receive. While the efficient nature of the confirmation was appreciated, the lack of any apology or explanation immediately told Gideon this was likely going to be difficult. With a barely restrained sigh he tilted his head, expression reminiscent of a disappointed father. "Don't you think right now, with the Order in the trouble it's in, with the war looming, it'd be best to distribute our relics? You keeping them makes it seem like you might be planning something underhanded, Remi."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Considering I am not a member of the Order, I am not particularly worried about its troubles." The Lullaby counters as he folds his arms comfortably across his chest. "Besides, I did that already. Noah only has the relic he does because Ronin, Deimos and I went and got it." That wasn't strictly true; Remi had returned that relic only because of Finn, but never mind that just now.

"I do not mind what it seems like I might be planning." He adds with a smooth shrug. "Is that all?" Based on how this conversation had started and how it was going, there wasn't an ounce of Remi inclined to hear anything more the Priest had to say if he could help it. The man came across as smug and self-important, but given how incredibly incapable he was compared to someone like Remi, there was really nothing more to be said.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

Gideon's eyebrows nearly met his hairline as Remi distanced himself from the Order. Apparently, the Demi God with a husband in the organisation, who frequently used their tower for meetings, who no doubt benefited from their work, was 'not particularly worried' about it. The Priest held his tongue only because Remi was still speaking and he wanted to hear the rest of the blasphemous dirt that would leave his lips before he replied.

"Is that all." He put his hands together before him, splayed his fingers out as he pretended to be considering this. "No - I don't think it is. Do you think this is a game? You're on our side, which means the Order is your team, unless you're trying to tell me you like being bitten." A glance at Remi's neck with the most disgust he could put into the word punctuated it. "If I cannot get you to co operate, I will simply have to ask Ronin. He is altogether more...reasonable."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Snorting a puff of amusement, Remi raises an eyebrow. "I am not on your side. I am on my side." The alchemist replies confidently. "I will stay on my own side until Ludo tells me differently, but, given our conversations about it already, I doubt it will." Remi adds. For all Gideon's devotion and fielty, Remi was still the one who had regular conversations with the herald, and even then the Lullaby had a tendency to go by his own script. Ignoring the comment about being bitten—of course he liked it, that was entirely the point of being bitten—it didn't matter.

Openly laughing now, Remi's dimples make an appearance as he holds out his palms in a be my guest gesture. "If you like. He is the more reasonable of us, I will give you that." Looking properly amused now, the Lullaby gives his head a slight tilt. "But Ronin knows I have the relics so I am not sure what you think talking to him will do."
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

"Your own side?" Gideon repeated incredulously, wondering why on Caido Ludo chose such an arrogant and disrespectful man to be it's ward. Still, there had to be a reason and Gideon knew as well as any that the Gods sometimes liked to put tests and trials in day to day life. Perhaps Remi was one such trial for himself.

Breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth, forcing himself to be patient, he smiled a grim, fake expression of pleasantness. "I feel more able to persuade Ronin to help. But still, I haven't given up on you. At the very least, can you tell me what the relics you are hoarding are? It would be good to know what powers are at our - Ludo's - disposal, if the Ascended are to attack." He gestured out with one hand, palm up, as if to say you could at least tell me this much.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Mmhmm." Remi hums in response, resisting the urge to say something about the Priest needing to clean out his ears. 'Things are rarely so black and white as it being us and them.' He adds with a small shrug.

If Gideon had been wanting to convince Remi of something, he was failing spectacularly. If he had wanted to get under the demigod's skin...in that he was doing quite well. Remi's amusement fell away suddenly even though his smile remained on his face. Now his sea-glass stare was hard and predatory. "So long as it doesn't involve you putting his dick in your mouth again." Remi snarls warningly.

As for which relics he had? The Lullaby's eyes narrow. "No." So saying, Remi's patience had finally frayed enough that it was best he pulled himself from the Priest's side before they were picking bits of Gideon off the sidewalk.

"Have a nice day."

~FIN