Islands in the stream
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Naked arms, his secrets still like songs I never learned

It felt strange to just be out, with the threat of danger looming but perhaps not as eminent as it had been. The radiance of the Spark Bird was incredible: not so bright as to be blinding up close, and yet some how bright enough to illuminate the entire area. And so here they were, after all the death and destruction, just walking back towards Sam's house.

Well not all of them. Isla was back in the infirmary. She had absolutely no interest in following Remi and Sam back to the bookmaker's home. Besides, she had a new body to get used to, and an infirmary still presumably under her control.

"Have you ever seen the bird before?" Remi asked, glancing over his shoulder where it still sat on its perch. There were a good number of people gathered around marveling at the legendary creature.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam was quite glad for Isla's absence on the way home. Not that he didn't care for her, but having an unicorn with you and your boyfriend when privately at home was a bit of a mood killer. The question Jigano had raised about whether Remi had Isla in his mind all the time did occur to him, but he didn't bring it up. They were doing well right now, had days after an argument, and Sam didn't want to ruin that.

Remi's question pulled him from his rather melancholic train of thought. He looked over at the bird, squinting from the light and holding a hand up over his eyes for shade. "...No. I...I d-don't think it's ever b..been here, while I've b-been alive. But...I su-suppose I'm usually inside during L..Longnight." Either way, he hadn't seen it.

"Di...did you have anything like the Sp-sparkbird? Where you-you're from?" Sam assumed the answer would likely be what he knew from Remi's home, but he wanted to give Remi a chance to surprise him.

As the Sparkbird faded from view and the first row of houses appeared before them he squeezed Remi's hand and found himself suddenly actually nervous about what state he might fight his home in.
Samuel
How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

A rather strange question lingered on Remi's lips for a moment, and with a short laugh he playfully  nudged his shoulder into Sam's. "How...old are you, Sam? I suppose I never really asked before." It didn't matter of course, not really, but it was an interesting sort of gap in the things that Remi knew about his ... boyfriend?

"No, nothing like this at all. Northaven seems incredibly boring compared to all of this, really." Remi replied with the answer that Sam surely had been expecting.  Squeezing his hand back, Remi read a bit of the uncertainty on Sam's face and tried to smile reassuringly. He wouldn't offer false hope that the bookmaker's house would be alright...but from all the things Remi had heard, there was no reason to think that it wouldn't? But of course Sam had lived here far longer than he had, and though Sam did tend to be a worrier, perhaps it wasn't entirely baseless.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Sam was surprised by the question until he realised he didn't know how old Remi was, either. How had they come so far into this and not worked out such a simple fact? "Oh. I'm 26. Is...is th-that alright? And...how old are you?" He nearly gritted his teeth for the answer, not sure if it would be worse if Remi said 18 or 50.

As he suspected, Remi had not had anything like the Sparkbird in Northhaven. "...W-well, as long as the excitement h-here doesn't hurt you." He said with a cautionary tone, wondering if Remi was so eager to run into danger because his previous home had been too dull and safe.

They began to walk onto his street and he chewed at his lip, wondering if his possessions would be turned upside down and ruined. "If...If e-everything's alright, do you st-still want to stay for a while? Or...are you ne-needed back at the Rathskellar?" Sam asked, hoping very much Remi would want to stay. It only made sense for Sam to be at home now that he could be, but he didn't want to be there alone. The last few days had shook him, changed his perception of the streets and world around him.
Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Twenty." Remi replied, his pale gaze washing over Sam's face in the dim light of the Spark bird for a moment. It was far closer to 18 than it was to 50, not that he knew those were the boundaries in Sam's mind, but still he looked for evidence of the bookmaker's reaction. There was almost nothing on his own face, for his mind was rather ambiguous on the gap between them. Six years was not so much of course, but already there seemed to be an obvious difference in terms of youthfulness when it came to many things between them. Whether or not that would prove to be a problem however was yet to be seen.

"I think I am less likely to be hurt by the excitement so much as the things with claws and teeth that are just as prevalent." He replied with a boyish laugh and easy grin.

Blinking, Remi swallowed. He...hadn't considered staying. Sam had only mentioned wanting to check on it, but the alchemist supposed it made sense, in a way. "Oh." Remi hummed thoughtfully, his brows knitting together slightly as he ran his free hand through his curls. "There is only about a day left of this week, right? I am sure that I will not be missed at the Rathskeller.." As his voice trailed off, Remi smiled, but as he turned his gaze straight ahead again, the smile disappeared off of his lips faster than it might normally have done.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Twenty..? Oh." Sam didn't know how he felt about it either. Six years was not a lot of years, he supposed, but Remi not answering his question of whether it was alright shook him a little bit. Was he too old...? He didn't feel older than Remi, not really. His lack of experience and Remi's wealth of it seemed to equalise them, he thought.

"As ho-horrible as they are, those things a..are also exciting." He pointed out with an equally easy smile. Somehow, their attack from the bear had become a kind of injoke - possibly more because of coping mechanisms than actual humour present in the event.

There was a pause before Remi answered, making Sam wonder if he was pulling him away from a lengthy amount of obligations, becoming a bother. He was about to say it didn't matter, that he would survive - then Remi said yes. He laughed and smiled at the response, happy. "Th-thank you. I...know we...we sp-spent a lot of time together. But I'm just a li-little nervous. After t-tomorrow you can take...several d-days break from me if you want to." The promise was spoken like a joke but while it would hurt, he did mean it.

They came up to his door. Sam reached out a hand to the doorknob, which appeared to have been untouched. That was a good first sign, but not the end of his anxieties. "Ri-right. So. In together?"
Samuel
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Oh?" The alchemist said playfully, nudging his shoulder against Sam's again. "What, did you want to be the younger man?" He chuckled with a crooked smile as he shrugged gently. Like Sam, Remi didn't really feel as though there was much of an age gap between them, so perhaps age really was just a number in their case.

"Hey, do not be like that." Remi said, sensing the need for reassurance lingering below Sam's cavalier offer. Releasing his hand, Remi wrapped his arm instead around Sam's shoulders, drawing him closer. "I do not need a break for you. LongNight has just been ... a lot, that is all. And I am still getting used to having someone to be around. " He said, pressing a kiss into Sam's temple.

Halting at the door, Remi tilted his head listening. He heard nothing so far, and though the door seemed not to have been tampered with, that hardly meant anything. Letting his arm fall from his side, Remi nodded to Sam before stepping to the side slightly and suddenly shrinking in the dim light. In his lion's form he came up well above Sam's hip, but when he coiled himself down he became much shorter, but also much more ready to pounce. His lone leonine tail flicked behind his body, as his claws dug into the ground, gaining purchase should he need to spring forward at anything within.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Remi's comforting words about still wanting to see him touched Sam's heart and his face immediately lit up with a bright smile, his heart instantly finding a new scrap of hope about their future, about the chance of Remi loving him. How could someone say something like that, kiss your forehead and not come to love you?

To Sam's immense relief, his romantic evening was not halted by the presence of a monster inside. No, the only creature demanding his attention was Mia, who ran up to the pair and launched herself at Sam, who caught her in his arms and gave her the much requested cuddle. She showed some interest in Remi too but appeared mostly obsessed with making sure her companion was in one piece and happy, wanting to be at least partially touching Sam all the time he was in the house.

Of course, it was inevitable; they were both tired and his bedroom was the obvious answer, but as they fell onto cold sheets there was a clear way to warm them up, that had been on Sam's mind since Remi's hand had touched his hip in the temple. It had little do with sleeping and everything to do with the softness of Remi's lips on his own, the feeling of skin underneath his and the gasps of surprised delight that passed between them.

When he was secure, safe with the anchor of Remi holding him sure in happy waters, he could not remember his anxiousness or upset from the walk over, his worries about their inappropriateness for each other or being around too much. All he felt in the precious while before sleep was Remi's arm around him and the comfort that came from knowing he was cared for; that he would be cared for. That there was someone who would be in his corner now, no matter what.
Samuel