Meeting with Mathair
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mildew
She is like a cat in the dark and then
She is the darkness
Mildew had thought for a while about which of the seasonal Gods would be best to contact first. The one that was still a mystery would have to wait until she had more information from the other three, clearly; in the end she had chosen to begin with the Mathair because after the months spent in the Feverland's care, Mildew hoped the Goddess might be more inclined to help.

It was difficult to find appropriate offerings in the midst of Longheat, but she had tried her best. A sweet wine made from Leafchange fruits and bottled the previous year and a pouch of scavenged nuts and berries were laid on the shrine before her, Mildew hoping it would be enough as she lowered her head and held out her hands, palms up, to pray.

"Mathair, Lady of Leafchange, Frey asked me to come and see you. We need to talk about well, all of this unpleasant war business. Hopefully it shouldn't take too much of your time. I'd be very honoured if you'd speak to me, dear."
She rules her life like a fine skylark and when
The sky is starless

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MATHAIR
From the bowels of the earth the goddess appears. Earthworms mimic the chaotic curls that sprout from her head, as spider-leg long eyelashes flutter away the dirt clinging to her face. With a feral smile she heaves herself from the ground, looking at what Mildew had brought with a deepening frown. "No meat?" She hisses, raising her black gaze to the demigod. "Or are you the meat?" Flashing a smile that was all nicotine-black and ivory-white, she reaches for the bottle of wine, uncorks it, and pours some into her mouth.
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Mildew
She is the darkness
Ah. Damn. Mildew had felt she'd missed something - how could she not have remembered the Mathair's hunger for Deimos' flesh last time they met? "Well darling, you could certainly try, but I'm not much of a meal and very old." She paused, thinking about what she could offer instead, then reached into her hair to find one of the beetles that regularly made a home there - about as big as her palm.

"Here. These taste good for a bite. If you want, I'll go and get you some meat as soon as we're done talking, but I come with a message from Frey. That, and I did look after you in the Feverlands for quite a few seasons. I'd like to think we've come to a little bit of an understanding." It was a gamble, being so frank with a Goddess, but Mildew had nerves of steel forged from many years talking to the divine; she raised her eyebrows with a small smirk as she awaited a response. Hopefully, her boldness would be amusing to the Mathair.
The sky is starless

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MATHAIR
"Might not be much...but it's better'n nothing." The goddess counters, baring pointed teeth that seem to grow the longer they were revealed. Reaching to snatch the beetle from Mildew's fingers, the goddess indeed cromchs it, though is no closer to being satisfied. "And I'd like to think you'd know I get hangry." The Mathair counters as she wipes a corner of beetle from her lip.

Still, Mildew wasn't wrong, and it was with a huff that sounded like dead leaves being blown across a grave that the goddess rolled one of her wrists for the swamp switch to go on.
Swamp Witch

Change author:
Mildew
She is the darkness
The beetle and her point were taken and Mildew smiled, patting out a little area on a nearby log free of leaves for her to sit there, legs elegantly tucked to one side and satchel set down beside her. "As I said, I'm here from Frey." Normally, she wouldn't think to bother the seasonal Gods, who she thought must spend their time very busy.

"Basically, they're curious about how you intend to act in the next few years. With all this war business with the Ascended." The sigh that left her spoke multitudes about Mildew's own tired mood about the whole ordeal. "Whether you will act at all, or if you wish to simply sit out of it...which is an option, dear. Though knowing you, I suspect it's not the one you will take..."? Mildew raised an eyebrow questioningly.
The sky is starless

Change author:
MATHAIR
"And they sent a pretty butterfly like you to ask me about it instead of coming themself?" The Mathair scowls. Reaching out a hand that looked more talon than human, she carves out a section of tree and begins to promptly chew on it.

As for the war?

Pressing one nostril closed with the bark and blowing a wad of snot out of the other (where it landed a rather sturdy sapling began to grow), the goddess just rolls her eyes. "Same way I did last time, poppet." The Mathair's grin is wicked and dark. From the last war Mildew might recall vast fields of bodies, all wrapped up in silvery threads as if some giant spider had come through and began preparations for the apocalypse. "By eating the rude."

Drawing forward, the Mathair considers Mildew for a moment. "You have been living off the land far too long. This war is not for you. Perhaps....perhaps this is why Frey has sent you to me." Reaching out a hand to grasp a chunk of Mildew's hair, the goddess grins as her eyes darken and her voice lowers. "You are the answer to how I will fight in this war."

Life drains from Mildew's body as water might drain from a cup when a very thirsty plant is placed within it. Sucking up the demigoddess's essence, the Mathair grows stronger and more vibrant with every passing second until she has fully absorbed every bit of Mildew. "Mmmmmm." The goddess murmurs, running a finger against one of her lips.

~FIN