a hot mess

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANDOM EVENT
Let's refresh ourselves on what has happened.

Wessex, Nate, Ray, and Cameron went to investigate the jungle to look for the last seasonal diety. Half way through they realized that perhaps they were in the wrong place and ventured far north to Hak Etme. Remi, Ronin, Maeve, and Locke were already scouting the desert based on Remi's previous findings and letters sent to both Maeve and Ronin.

With the Knowtbook helpfully directing Team Jungle, they came within eyesight of the group before being sidetracked by a landshark. Of course this runs both ways, given that it meant Team Jungle was also in eyesight of Team Desert, which saw Ronin as a dragon immediately rushing towards the group.

So, we have Maeve riding dragon!Ronin, we have metal-bird Wessex, shangyang Ray, multi-armed Nate, winged-Remi, and gore crow Locke.

Get it? Good.

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Maeve, Ray, Nate, Remi, Ronin, Locke, Wessex

Ray: 76/76
Wessex: 616/616
Nate: 445/500
Ramoth: 50/50

Landshark: 242/300

This post may or may not turn into a further PQ+ depending on what you all decide to do. There are currently 7 of you, and only 3 need to remain to keep this a PQ+, so if anyone wants to bail, you can now do so without forcing your group to fail. For the purposes of one-use abilities, you can consider this a new thread.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
Things just got interesting. Maeve holds on tightly to Ronin, unable to do much else, knowing that a drop from this height wouldn't do her any good. Not to mention the landshark that's fucking about. "Ronin, I don't want a fight. Not with Wessex or Nate. They could kill me in a breath." The two of them wouldn't be hesitant to do so either. Whatever history Locke and Nate have doesn't extend to her. The other man has plenty of reason to hate her as it is.

She looks out ahead, unaware of Ray's presence here and what that exactly means, but she does see Nate. Her breath catches, heart hammering in her chest as fear sparks hot and fast along the shared bond with Locke. Nate is here. So is Wessex. It's going to be a fight. Maeve speaks into Locke's mind, weighing her options and knowing they were limited.

Maeve holds onto Ronin and informs Locke of what she sees while she tries to figure out a way out of this.

Maeve
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Ray
If falling actually different
then flying?
Ray sees the newcomers from her place up in the sky and instantly starts speaking through the Attuned bond to any that will listen. It's me, Ray! Someone, please tell Maeve. There's no need for violence. Wessex and Nate were just looking for someone, so I offered to help. Please don't start a fight.

She doesn't know why the two Demi-gods need to find the deity, but the herbalist had joined with the intentions of using the opportunity to the fullest. Specifically, seeing if she could find a way to improve the deity's view of Torchline or possibly garner their favor for her people.

Continuing to circle up above, Ray tries to figure out what to do. She, Locke, and Maeve probably need to leave. The situation isn't fantastic as it is and tension between Demi-gods only makes it more volatile.  She has a feeling that if she just flies away now, things will only look worse, so she decides to wait.

Ray stays shifted up in the sky and calls out through the Attuned bond with an explanation of the situation to try and prevent any fighting.
Origional photo
Copyright Cknowles 2010
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes
How dare you make sense. There’s a hint of embarrassment in Nate’s mental voice as it reaches out towards Wessex along with his arms, the Demi-god aiming to pull himself up onto the metallic bird and out of the range of the landshark. He doesn’t want to have to split his focus, not now that there’s a bigger threat on the horizon.

Next to the Demi-gods, the rest of the group doesn’t even register on Nate’s radar. Even Ray melts into the background of his mind while he tries to weigh the encounter, maybe, between him and Wessex, they could do something? But what worth was it if it wasn’t permanent? If it only served to enrage the other?

Think they’ll be civil?

Nate reaches up to climb up onto one of Wessex’s talons
NATE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
but baby i've been here before; i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
Remi would follow Ronin into oblivion if that's where the Huntsman went, so of course he followed him into this budding disaster. Happily, even, given that his last encounter with Nate had resulted with a kick to the balls (and the fluid he needed to complete a quest, yes, but one of those things was more memorable than the other). You should go. You and Maeve both. Remi thinks to Locke in a low and feral growl. He could hear Ray's mental voice as well but it left little impact. He'd met the healer before, but in the wake of all that was happening, the most Remi could do was suggest safety to those who had accompanied him into the desert.

Drawing up near Ronin, far enough from the sand to stay out of the landshark's jump-range, the Lullaby sent a wordless pulse of reassurance and strength as he fixed his gaze on Wessex and Nate. I'll back you, however you want to handle this. He whispers silently.

Remi is partially shifted (just wings), hovering near Ronin!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
there exists a tipping point between gods and monsters
Unfortunately for Maeve, Ronin isn't in a position to really respond to her. He also does want a fight, and Nate and Wessex probably can't kill him in one breath, not unless they've got some shiny new toys since the last time he saw them. So as Remi shifts, as Ray calls out, as Nate Nates, Ronin remains his star-spangled draconic self. He's closing the distance fast between the two groups, but with a fan of his wings, he halts himself in the air in time to direct his ire at the landshark below.

A jet of celestial fire erupts from his throat, aimed directly down at said landshark. Don't be fooled, though - he's not helping. Just making a dramatic point. No, he will not be civil. I'm not starting a fight, I'm finishing one.

Ronin breathes fire at the landshark to make a statement. Ooh, spooky and whatnot.

Dragon Ability | Celestial Breath (mastered celestial damage)

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Citizenship Ability:

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

Wasn't this supposed to be a fun little jaunt in the desert with Maeve's two besties? Some little maybe guilty part of him is happy to see Nate and Wessex, the part that wants there not to be a war and sides and stupid bullshit. But Ronin is currently taking off with you know, his not wife and that's kind of a problem. As much as he and Nate are friends, he's not sure how much protection that gives Maeve, if any.

That said, he's not sure how to get Maeve away from Ronin safely. Especially when he's trying to explode the landshark with glitter. He caws angrily, trying to catch up with the two demi-gods. Would be happy to leave you four to play in your godly pissing match but I'm not so well equip as you two. He's knows partial shifting is a thing but he's not sure how to do this without hurting himself or Maeve.

__
Locke flies to catch up with Remi and Ronin, as a gore crow. That's it.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I write sins, not tragedies
Not likely, they’ll probably throw their weight around until they get their way, Wessex replies to Nate as her attention turns to the group suddenly racing towards them. But we can play nice and let the drama be on them. And with an audience… yeah, she’s fine to let them be the bad guys if need be. Because so far, it looks like Ronin is attacking the landshark - not the Ascended demigods. He’s helping. No reason for her to attack. Hoping that the glitter-stuff will keep the landshark away for a bit, the Wraith dives towards the sand so she can land and shift. Keep a hand on me in caes we need to leave quickly, is all the advice she gives before trying to shift back into something that can talk.

“Thanks! You want to know what you’re after? It’s not something we need to be in competition for.” she shouts up at the dragon and its entourage, as soon as she has a mouth.

-------------------------

Wessex waits until after Ronin's attack on the landshark to head for the sand, shift, and loudly tries to keep the peace.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Maeve hangs on for dear life, Ray trills out a warning that only Ronin, Remi, and Locke can hear, Nate tries to hitch a ride on Wessex, Remi looks intimidating, Locke has a think, Ronin spews fire at the landshark, and Wessex lands and plays diplomat.

Ronin 's fire hits the landshark, who, in retaliation, aims a bite for Nate (so nicely placed back on the sand by Wessex). It might have gone for the wraith if not for the way Nate had already baited it a few times. Alas, the pair are doomed to miss to another, and as the landshark misses Nate again, it dives back beneath the surface. I wouldn't consider it gone, though.

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Maeve, Ray, Nate, Remi, Ronin, Locke, Wessex

Ray: 76/76
Wessex: 616/616
Nate: 445/500
Ramoth: 50/50
Maeve: 175/175
Remi: 1020/1020
Ronin: 672/672
Locke: 130/130

Landshark: 184/300

This post may or may not turn into a further PQ+ depending on what you all decide to do. There are currently 7 of you, and only 3 need to remain to keep this a PQ+, so if anyone wants to bail, you can now do so without forcing your group to fail. For the purposes of one-use abilities, you can consider this a new thread.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
It's all a fucked up mess. Truly. Maeve clings to Ronin, hearing Locke's voice in her head clearly as he flies to keep up. The landshark disappears beneath the sands, but she knows better than to think it's gone. "We're following the growing plants. I don't know if that has anything to do with what you're after, but I'm not interested in a fight." She speaks for herself here. Ronin might have other plans. Remi, too. She doesn't pretend to know, but she isn't intent on tangoing with Nate or Wessex. If I get down, we're going to have to run for it. Otherwise that landshark will be on us. Maeve presses into Locke's mind, trepidation clear along the bond.

"I can't get down from here, Ronin. If I'm supposed to get out then I need a way to do so." And being stuck on top of a dragon's back wasn't going to do her any favors at the moment. Turning to glance at Remi, Maeve raises her voice, "If your husband won't set me down can you at least fly me down?"

Maeve states she's not interested in fighting, shares what they're doing, and asks that either Ronin set her down or asks Remi to help her.

Maeve
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Ray
If falling actually different
then flying?
Despite the efforts of Maeve, Wessex, and herself, diplomacy doesn't show much promise. Still circling up above, Ray struggles on just what to do. If the Demi-gods come to blows, the herbalist know she'll likely be caught in the crossfire. And she's not an idiot, she knows she'd likely die if that did occur.

Still, it feels wrong to just leave, Ray had offered to help Wessex and Nate as a neutral party for their shared goal. Yet as Maeve's friend and councilwoman, Ray would take her side in a heartbeat. Having said that, the herbalist knows she isn't much use in the current situation. She may also be able to help Torchline more efficiently through some other means given that this current path is now blocked by a pissing fight between Demi-gods. She has a feeling Wessex will understand.

Feeling a little guilty but very much frustrated, Ray calls out through the bond once more. Alright. I'm heading back to Torchline to continue working on our emergency medical stores. Please don't kill each other. I'll be at my shop if anyone needs me.

Ray decides that she can't help any further and that she doesn't want to get caught up in any (imminent) violence or bickering. She lets those who can hear her that she's leaving to go back to work and to find her if they need her. Ray attempts to exit the thread via flight.
Origional photo
Copyright Cknowles 2010
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes // yikes
This is bullshit. And different than being at home; less offensive but much, much more dangerous. Nate kicks out at the surfacing land shark on reflex, hardly concerned about it compared to the Demi-gods looking down on them.

Much as he may act to the contrary, Nate does have experience shutting the fuck up, especially when it comes to bullies he can’t hit. He’d managed to survive until he could get the fuck out from under his fathers roof after all. An elbow lands on Wessex’s shoulder as she speaks, Nate squinting up at the dragon and trying to ignore the churning in his gut, an attempt that is helped immensely by Ramoth settling on his shoulder and crawling into his shirt.

They’re going to make it a thing. He predicts silently, his eyes shifting just for a moment to follow Ray, making sure she gets away before he scans the sands for the land shark, just in case he needs to slam a holographic fist into it.

Nate lets Wessex handle the talking and keeps in contact with her while trying to split his focus between Remi&Ronin and the ground, ready to attack the land shark if/when it surfaces again
NATE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
but baby i've been here before; i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
Pressing his teeth together, Remi glides over Ronin's back, scooping Maeve up as if she weighed no more than a feather. Trying to ignore the rush of her emotions that suddenly buffet against him, the Lullaby sets his sights on what he hopes is a relatively safe stretch of desert.

"This is all a good deal more complicated than it seems." He whispers in her ear, feeling the need to justify Ronin's actions but not having time to explain that this had more to do with Cian's death than it just being a demigod pissing contest. Flapping his wings and hastily trying to carry Maeve 20 or so meters away where she might be out of the landshark's range of interest, he'll descend and place her down. "Walk quickly, but quietly."  He murmurs, before trying to return back to Ronin's side as quickly as he was able.

Remi picks up Maeve from Ronin's back and tries to take her 20meters away somewhere safe (using his INT 2), and then comes back.

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Is it bullying if it's retaliation? (Yeah, yeah, Cian started it, he knows). Ronin might make it a thing, he might not - he hasn't really decided yet, in truth. Offering little more than a grumble to Maeve as she's taken from his back - and thank the gods for it, because now he can shift back into himself-plus-wings - Ronin stares down at the two demigods waiting on the ground. Maybe if he waits long enough, a land shark will eat them.

"Is it another head to drop in a square full of civilians?" he quips down at Wessex, balling his hands into fists and waiting for Remi to return to his side before speaking again, this time through the Attuned bond. If we start a fight here, I'm worried it will start the fight. And I'd really like to, he half growls into his husband's mind.

Then again, to the Ascended, "Unless what you're looking for is to do with the Voice and nothing else, I doubt it."

Ronin shifts back to himself, stays put (for now) and tries to have a conversation - boring.

show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!