Personal Quest [se]for everything there is a season
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we're all stories unfinished and we die to find some fitting words to write
“Bout time we officially let Theskyra House go, hmmm?” Scratching along Loki’s scales, Wessex asks the dragon the quiet question and is answered with a descending chirp. Who knows what it means - perhaps a request to scratch a little lower or higher, or a sad agreement. After all, it had been where the dragonling had more or less grown up.

But times change, and it seems you can’t force a name change without actually changing the building. The house needs to fit a new purpose and she and Loki will need more than just themselves to get it done, though; the General has a sharp eye out to conscript anyone who seems like they might not be doing anything important at that moment. A little louder this time, again to the dragon, she illustrates the changes with broad gestures. "So what do you think of this? Getting rid of the upstairs bedrooms and staff quarters? There's a basement, too, that can be utilized. Everything can be redecorated or redone."

The next time she looks away from the House, she spots two familiar heada and wolf whistles at it, “Amun! Nikolai! You doing anything? We could use a hand or four.”

-------------------

This is a PQ to turn Theskyra House into a proper Government Building.

1. Wessex
2. Nikolai
3. Amun
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Surprisingly enough, Amun was not often subject to wolf whistles, though it was more than welcome in his opinion. Slowing to a stop at the familiar voice, he turned to face Wessex. "Finally, confirmation that you only want me for my body. Although I'm afraid the Voice already replaced one of my hands, so I don't know if she'll give me two more." Scratching the back of his head, he approached the Wraith

Nodding at Loki, he slid one foot out to block Zhanshi from immediately launching into the air. "No biting," the potter admonished in a practiced and distracted (one might even say long suffering) tone. The landshark nibbled at the end of Amun's boot before tunneling a short distance away and lifting off the ground. Free from the confines of the earth, the potter's companion flew to brush against Loki before making spirals around the dragonling.

"If he gets uppity just bop him in the nose," Amun informed Wessex with a grin. Glancing over at the other man the Wraith had summoned, the potter gave Nikolai a nod. "I'm Amun. Welcome to grunt work with Wessex. I'm her thug, but I think we can fit you in as a goon."
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai all but jumps out of his skin at the sudden wolf whistle, head whipping around in bewilderment. Who in the world would be wolf whistling at him? It's as the voice registers and he spots Wessex that things become clear. Relaxing in relief, Nikolai walks over. "Hey Wessex. You need help with something? I've got time."

The younger Ascended didn't have any plans for the day anyway. And if Wessex needed help, he sure as hell would lend a hand. The Demi-god had helped him on numerous occasions already. That, and out of their family, she was his favorite sibling. Not that he'd ever tell her or anyone.

Amun is an unfamiliar face, but Nikolai gives the man a nod in greeting, "Hi. I'm Nikolia."

Nikolai is here!
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blanching a little at the good-natured ribbing, Wessex has to admit, “Probably because I’m always using you for your body.” And by body she means upgrades or training or whatever the hell she can rope him in to next. Some dangerous, some boring… she owes the potter a lot. “Hi Zhanshi,” she offers to the landshark (much smaller than her most recent interaction), along with a little wave, as Loki calls out her own greeting.

“I take it you two haven't met yet?” she asks, looking from brother to brother. It appears not, so the Wraith does the introductions. “Amun is an Outlander, a potter, and puts up with everything I drag him in to." She does manage to avoid calling him her thug. "Nikolai is one of our newest siblings, a Natural, and is actually a pretty decent shot with a bow.” Speaking of, Wessex briefly turns and arches a brow inquiringly at the youngest of them. “Speaking of, have you been practicing?”

Because now is not the time to let his weaponry skills fall by the wayside.

Anyway, now that introductions are done, she claps her hands together once and then gestures towards the House. “We’re going to turn this into a proper Town Hall. So let’s start with removing all the upstairs bedroom furniture except the chairs and rugs and bringing it down here. Any ideas on what we should use the rooms for? I was thinking maybe a sentry station, but… eh, I’m sure there’s something better.” And with that, she heads for the unlocked front door, pushes it open, and leads the trio upstairs.

-------------------

Ok friends, first order of business is to clean out the two upstairs bedrooms. No post order.
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
"Thank the gods, I'm glad someone is." With a large and obviously faked sigh, Amun winked at Wessex. Shaking his head at her question, he held out his hand for Nikolai to shake. "By that she means she does all the work and I mostly just tag along to cheer her on from the sidelines." Chuckling, the potter waggled his eyebrows at the other man.

Smiling, he nodded at Nikolai. "In all seriousness, it's nice to meet you. Always great to add someone to our one of a kind family." At the mention of archery, Amun arched his eyebrow. "Advanced skill, hm? We might just be able to promote you up to lackey."

Falling silent as Wessex explained the task, the potter nodded his understanding. Following the Wraith upstairs, he poked his head into both rooms. Then he activated his metal manipulation upgrade. The iron bracelets he often wore all up his arms rippled and flowed together, even as the sword he wore at his hip crept up to his hands. He wove them into a chain, then wrapped it around the heaviest piece of furniture he could find. With that, using a combination of the upgrade and his own strength, he would start to haul the heaviest pieces downstairs.

Amun uses his metal manipulation upgrade to make chains to wrap around the heaviest pieces of furniture so he can more easily haul them downstairs.

Type: Other | Level: Basic
Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai gives a sharp nod, "I have. I've also been trying to translate it into knife throwing as well." He gives Wessex a slightly pleading look, "Would you be willing to help me with that sometime? I have a new upgrade with knives and I'm still trying to get a handle on it." The Demi-god may or may not be an expert on knife throwing. But she sure as hell was likely better than he was.

Nikolai's not sure what to make of Amun. He seems nice enough but the younger Ascended's brow furrows at the term 'lackey'. He still gives the man a small smile, "Nice to meet you too."

Introductions made; Nikolai gets to work. None of his upgrades are useful here so he settles for dismantling what furniture he can and carrying the pieces downstairs. Some of the furniture is just too bulky or heavy for him to lift so this seems like the next best method for him.

He considers Wessex's question as they work, finally responding once he has an idea. "A sentry point is a good idea. Other uses could be a war room, storage, or maybe a place to relax like a lounge?"

Nikolai dismantles what furniture can be broken down and carries the parts downstairs. He throws out a few ideas for the spare rooms.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Would she be willing to help with knife throwing? Wessex is surprised to hear the question - she thought the answer would be obvious. “Of course,” she replies with a slightly surprised blink. “Any time you want weapons work, I’m free.” And if she isn’t free, she’ll make the time.

The three of them head into the house and Amun has the best luck, with his chains and his strength allowing him to guide items like shelf-less dressers and mattress-less beds down the stairs without sending them knocking into the walls or the railing. Nikolai fares a little better than she does, shelves and tables and bedding all coming down with him - he might have attempted too many soft things at once though, because a stray corner causes him to trip and sends the rest of the pillows and sheets sprawling down the stairs ahead of him. At least it’s just those items and not him! Wouldn’t want to ruin that lovely face of his.

And Wessex fares the worst of the three, though it’s not actually that bad. Her strength gets the best of her and as she’s moving some items in the staff quarters, a bed leg breaks off here and a shutter there. Nothing that can’t be fixed, of course, but it’s more work.

In the end, however, they do get the top floor cleared, other than chairs and rugs and a side table or two. So what’s next? “Maybe one room can be a sentry spot - we could install a bell outside one of the windows that can be rung in case of emergency?” And then another idea, albeing one far better suited to peaceful times. “And we could turn the basement into a records room. So much was lost during the Bubble Years, it might be a good idea to try and start keeping records of what’s been happening.” Sam, in particular, she thinks, might like that idea.

And if there aren’t any objections…? “Amun, do you think the smith would give us enough metal for a bell?” Then to Nikolai, “And could you start on the basement, with a thorough cleaning? And I’ll run back to the Barracks for anythign else a sentry might need.”

---------------

You have your assignments, no post order :)
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Reaching out, Amun patted Wessex on the shoulder and grinned at Nikolai. "She never needs an excuse to help teach other Ascended how to beat things up as well as she can." Glancing over at the Wraith, the potter grinned. "And since I failed to give my opinion before, a sentry post sounds great, as does a record room. Since this is supposed to be a public space, maybe turn the other upstairs room into a private office? Or a panic room for any noncombatants if we're thinking of fortifications."

Snorting at the question, he nodded. "They better, considering it's my guild that keeps them supplied." Giving the two of them a little wave, Amun heads out towards the nearest smithy. After explaining the situation, he would negotiate if necessary; assuming he got the metal in question, the potter would once again use his upgrade to help it roll across the ground, transporting it in chunks if necessary to get it all back to Theskyra House.

Amun heads to the smithy to try haggle/negotiate/ask for enough metal for a bell. If successful, he'll use his metal manipulation upgrade to transport it all back to Theskyra House by rolling it across the ground.

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai gives a small shrug, voice going a bit quieter with insecurity. "It's just... you should never assume favors or help." He lets out a sigh, "It's just better to ask. Just in case." Even with family, hell, especially with family. No assumptions, no expectations. That was what was best.

Receiving his assignment, the youngest Ascended gave a sharp nod. "I'll get it done." Grabbing a broom and dustpan, Nikolai heads down to the basement. The mindless labor is much appreciated, and he puts all of his energy and focus into the task. He begins by dusting the dirt off of everything and then proceeds to try and sweep up all of the dirt and dust. Hopefully it'll make an improvement on the place.

Nikolai tries to clean the basement by dusting and sweeping.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex’s version of running is a little more like teleporting, but while she’s there, she does put serious thought into what might be needed up there. Binoculars, most definitely. They fit easily into a cloak pocket. The other stuff, however, is not so portable. She grabs a spare bow and some arrows, an extra cloak (to remain sneaky in the night or protected during the day), and a bit of leather armor. Before she pops back, however, she makes a quick pit stop and also grabs a megaphone. Because why not?

Amun has the most difficulty (and it isn’t much difficulty at all) of the three, with the blacksmith overjoyed to see him again. She almost chats his ear off, asking a hundred and one questions, before he’s able to successfully focus on the metal to mold it and carry it back to the House. Nikolai encounters only a few bloatbeetles, which scurry harmlessly out the way, and he’s able to make the basement seem like, oh, someone lives there again.

Wessex meets Amun at the door, opening it for him and offering to take one end so they can haul it up the stairs. “Nikolai?” she calls, with one hand on the bell. “Amun’s back.” Which means they can finish the upstairs now. “I think the private office idea sounds good. If Isla - or whoever follows her - wants a private space, they should have one.”

------------------

Ok, let's finish setting up the sentry spot. We'll need to hang the bell outside, but within arm's reach, and add a chain to it so it can be rung. No post order.
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun smiled and nodded. And smiled and nodded. And smiled. And...nodded. And finally managed to extract himself from the chatty blacksmith without further incident. Meeting back up with Wessex, he smiled as she helped him hoist the metal and carry it up the stairs. His smile turned into a full on grin at her words.

Eying the window, he pushed against the frame, trying to test how study it was. "We'll need to find some way to rig it up and ring it within here, right?" Turning back to the metal, he laid his hands on it and his brow furrowed as he tried to concentrate on molding the scraps, which were basically in an amorphous blob at the moment, into the proper components.

First he extracted a smaller piece to craft into a sturdy hook that the could affix to a wall or ceiling to actually hang the damned thing. Next he took a large amount to try and mold into a thick chain. Finally, he took the larger remainder and would try to shift it into a proper bell, clapper and all.

Amun uses his metal manipulation upgrade to try and create a hook, a chain, and a bell with a clapper.

Metal Manipulation Upgrade | When in contact with metal, can conduct electricity through it making it malleable. Surfaces larger than 6ft by 6ft take considerable effort. The ability works best the higher the metal content, becoming unstable at anything below 50%.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
If Nikolai still needed to breath, he was sure he would have been sneezing nonstop as he cleaned. The basement was far messier than he'd expected, and he may have screamed when a bloatbeetle ran across his hand. Too many legs and way too fast. Disgusting, and it had no business using his hand as an escalator.

When Wessex calls him, he emerges with a nod and follows the Demi-god. "That sounds good. Having a quiet place to work where sentries can easy report to seems smart." But first they need to get this bell set up and rankly Nikolai is nervous. He isn't the strongest person, but he'll do his best. Leaving the heavier lifting to his siblings, Nikolai tries to take the parts that Amun made and does his best to put it together.

Nikolai tries to take the parts Amun made and put them together.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
She’s the muscle and they’re the brains and hands; taking the hook, Wessex first sits on the window’s sill and then pulls herself up so that she’s standing on it. With all her demigodly force, she twists it into the wood above the frame and prays to the Voice that it’s secure enough. Let’s not revisit the problems she’s had with building the Barracks and making the flying maces, we all know the Wraith is not an architect or a craftswoman. Then comes the bell, which has been successfully assembled by Amun, with Nikolai’s help. Never underestimate the perks of an extra pair of hands.

As she lifts it up to the hook, a speaking squirrel comes barreling over the rooftop and begins chittering at her - which is definitely not what she expects at the moment and nearly drops the bell. With a wobbly woop! however, she tightens her grip on the thing and manages to place it safely on the hook. Then she spends an extra couple of minutes out there, heating up the metal with her lasers so that it might at least be a little more stable.

Eh. It’s not great. Popping back in, Wessex looks at Amun again and gestures to the outside. “Can you make sure it’s all safely held together with your metaly thing? And make a way to secure the chain so it’s not just banging in the wind?” If he takes care of that, she and Nikolai can tackle the private office. “And we’ll see what we can do for the office. I know some furniture was left in there, we might just need to rearrange it. And clean a bit, I imagine it’s been a while since Daphne’s slept up here.”

-----------------------

Last round! Amun to work his metal magic and W and Nikolai will work on the private office. No post order!
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun breathed out when his manipulation of the metal actually worked. After Wessex took the hook, he glanced up at her, but when she climbed onto the windowsill he nodded and went back to his shaping. Nikolai started assembling the various bits and bobs that the potter had created and he shot his fellow Ascended a grin.

"Aye aye, cap'n," Amun responded to the Wraith's request with a mock salute. As the other two went off to do whatever it was they went off to do, the potter once again laid his hands on the metal. First, he started with the hook: he tried to have the end of it, which was secured in in the wood balloon outwards so it wouldn't come out of the hole they'd inserted it in quite as easily. Next he would lay his hands on the chain and the bell to try and strengthen them and remove any weaknesses.

Finally, he would make another, smaller hook and tried to affix it to the wall. If he was successful, he'd loop the end of the chain around it.

Amun tries to secure the bell with his metal manipulation upgrade and make a small hook to hang the end of the chain on.

Citizenship Ability

Coding base by Sky!