Stripes and teeth
Alex Moore

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A black flag, is a flag of freedom
Alex had taken a bit of time to think on just what predator to hunt. From what she could tell of Frey's instructions, the pelt and pattern of the creature would be rather dominant in the final design of her coat. Considering that and the quality of the teeth she wanted, the pirate had finally chosen. She would hunt a tiger for her quest.

Packing a small bag of essentials and strapping her cutlass to her hip, Alex set out. Her crew stayed behind to work on some basic ship maintenance. As such, Alex was alone as she trekked through the forest. She wasn't the best hunter, but the pirate was determined.

As she scanned the underbrush with a critical eye, Alex did eventually spot a trail of prints. Upon getting closer and bending down, it became clear that these belonged to a large cat. The pirate smirked. It seemed like she was on the right path.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye was in the jungle to hunt a black panther. Deimos said that he could find one there. There he might also get animal skin and teeth, maybe even more, so that he could trade next time and pay for his food. Soon Darkeye saw many animal footprints before him. Which should he follow? Was it wise to go there alone? Darkeye saw the big one and thought he could first get some fur and then he could try to find the black panther. Those footprints were too big for a panther. Soon after started to Darkeye follow the track, there were human footprints too. Then he saw the woman. Quietly, Darkeye tried to catch her attention. He walked closer and waved to her so that she would notice him.
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
It took a moment, but Alex quickly realized she was being followed. Turning sharply and drawing her cutlass, she paused only when the man waved. Coming to the conclusion that he meant little harm due to his greeting, the pirate relaxed and sheathed her sword. "Sorry 'bout that. You startled me."

Alex eyed the man with wary curiosity, not being able to place ever seeing him, not even in passing. "Did you need something? I don't believe we've met." The pirate kept her voice low so as not to startle any wildlife around. The last thing she wanted was to scare her target away before she ever set eyes on the tiger.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye kept his distance from that woman. He got his spear ready when she drew her cutlass. "All easy young one. But with that thing, I don't think that you cant harm the creature that I am tracking. Or do you want to hunt something else?"

Darkeye looked at the woman before him."I am hunting something, probably a tiger by the tracks, and stumbled on you. I'm Darkeye and I don't think that we know each other. We can hunt that tiger together if you want. Otherwise the one that is faster will get it.“ Darkeye didn't want this woman to get killed because of him.
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Change author:
Alex regarded the stranger for a moment before finally relaxing somewhat. She still kept an eye on their surroundings, but she answered, "I am tracking a tiger. I need the pelt and teeth for my quest. But if you want to divide up the rest of the spoils, I'll happily accept your aid."

The pirate certainly didn't trust the stranger, but she wasn't the strongest and hunting a tiger could be dangerous. Alex would welcome Darkeye's help, even if she had to keep an eye on the man the entire time.

Alex turned back towards the path the tiger had left, "Shall we get going then?" She was eager to complete the first step of her quest and get home to her crew. Granted, she had no idea how long a tiger hunt lasted and had brought enough provisions for a few days just in case.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Do you need all teeth of the tiger? In that case, the rest is mine if you take teeth and the pelt. If you take all the valuable parts, the rest won't be divided. I hope that is okay with you?" Darkeye liked that girl she talked roughly like the vikings in his world.

"Is this your first time hunting a larger animal? You need more strength or a longer weapon to survive this. Or the tiger will kill you in an instant. But I understand if you want it to do it your way."

Darkeye looked at the tracks and nodded when Alex asked if they wanted to go. A tiger was not easy to kill. You needed traps or many spears. Or a good strike right to the brain. Darkeye started to move carefully.
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Change author:
Alex nodded, "Deal. I'm pretty sure I need all the teeth so that works." It was a fair trade in her book. She'd get the materials for her quest and a helping hand; this man would get the rest of the spoils of meat and claws.

The mention of a better weapons made the pirate glance down at her weapon, "You gotta point. I generally hunt at sea, so this is new to me." Alex hummed, "I don't suppose you have a spare weapon? Or even just a decent plan?" It left a bad taste in her mouth to defer to someone, but she wasn't about to let herself be killed over her pride.

As they began to follow the trail, Alex glanced at her companion, "I'm Alex. What's your name, stranger?"
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"I got my axes and dagger but only one spear... We could make another but this will take time." Darkeye looked at Alex to assess her. "I want it back and don't do something stupid." He gave the spear to Alex. One axe from Darkeye's belt goes to his left hand. A dagger that was hidden at his back goes to the right. Darkeye wasn't happy to give his precious spear away. But the girl would get killed with the cutlass in her hand. The spear was made entirely from black metal and heavy."The plan is simple. You impale the tiger and hold it so long that he dies. And I try to provoke him so that you have a clear shot. Or we get lucky and I can kill him with a good throw."

"Nice to meet you Alex as I said before I'm Darkeye." Darkeye didn't even look at her he just followed the trail of the tiger.
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Change author:
"I will return it without a scratch," Alex vowed as she took the spear. She was honored that Darkeye would give her a weapon he so clearly held dear. As someone who was attached to her own weapons, the sacrifice was not unnoticed. "Thank you."

The plan was solid, and the pirate saw no issue, "Good plan." She would do her best to fulfill her role and not get in the man's way. The pirate captain was unused to following the lead of others, but she could tell that Darkeye was far more experienced in such endeavors. She would let him take the lead on this hunt.

Alex followed Darkeye, falling silent out of embarrassment. She had totally missed his initial introduction in her wariness of his sudden appearance. As they walked, the prints grew fresh and soon there was a flicker of movement in the distance. "Is that..?" Alex's voice was hushed, barely distinguishable from the rustle of the wind.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Protecting people was the highest duty of the war priest and if this is a quest this girl must survive it. Even if he had to give her the weapon that was in his hands for more than 60 years. "Aim for the head or the heart to kill the tiger quickly."

Darkeye nodded and continued trying to follow the tracks. Darkeye tried to read the animal, where the tiger had his territory. Tigers didn't fear intruders, they know what power they had.

There it was, a tiger. Moving to the water to drink. But with the sound both of them were making, the tiger's head was going up and the ears moved in the direction of both hunters. It even tried to smell the hunters. Darkeye gestured to Alex to get in position. At the same time he tried to move behind the tiger. But as soon he started to move there was a rustling of leaves beneath his feet and the tiger rushed to the hunters. Darkeye readied himself, raising his axe and waiting for it to come close.
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Change author:
Head or heart, familiar enough. Though she noted to herself that she wasn't entirely sure exactly where the heart of a tiger was. How far back into their chest where they compared to that of humans? She resolved to just try and pierce deeply if she went for the chest. All of her musings halted once the tiger was in sight, focus taking over.

When the tiger rushed, Alex braced herself as she raised the spear. Once the creature was within striking distance, the pirate lunged. Despite her never using a staff before, her prior combat experience paid off. The spear sunk deep into the tiger's chest. The cat thrashed angrily, and Alex grasped the spear tightly, trying to do as Darkeye had suggested earlier.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye was ready when the tiger attacked and used the axe to stop the tiger from biting him like a lockjaw. So the tiger rammed the thorn of the axe into his head. But the tiger was still jumping on Darkeye, so the claws were still a threat. With the weight of the tiger, it pushed Darkeye to the ground and the claws did their work. Darkeye's armor now had to show what it could do. With the dagger, he tried to protect his throat and face.

The hit in the tiger's chest was good, but not good enough. The tiger was dying, but not immediately. So the tiger's survival instinct kicks in. He tries to pounce on Alex, but her spear holds him in place. Darkeye uses his strength to help her hold the tiger in place. Darkeye screams against the tiger that rages above him. "Skewer him and push him to the ground. Use all your strength!"
— the smartest do
Alex Moore

Change author:
"Got it!" Alex exclaimed, muscles straining to push every ounce of her strength into the spear. The tip sunk deeper into the tiger's chest cavity, and the pirate gave one last shove. The force pushed the tiger to the ground, pinning it in place. The cat thrashed angrily but Alex held on.

The tiger soon stopped thrashing, falling silent for the last time. It was dead. The pirate gently removed the spear and handed it to Darkeye, "Thank you." And then bending down and confirming the tiger's death, she placed a hand on the cat's shoulder. "And thank you. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten."

The tiger was a beautiful creature, and its death was a necessary tragedy.  One that Alex would bear in mind whenever she wore the final coat that she was crafting with Frey.
Alex
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye rolled to the side as soon as the tiger was pushed off him. He dodged the tiger's claws, which lash out in desperation.

As soon as the tiger took his last breath, Darkeye retrieved his axe. Took his spear with a nod of the head.
Darkeye said his prayer to Kor and thanked the tiger for the good fight.  Then he checked his body for injuries.

"Then it is time to divide the spoils. We just have to hurry in the jungle the death of an animal rarely goes unnoticed. We should get him out of here first and hay somewhere else." Darkeye looked around and took some of his rope.  He set about knotting the tiger's paws.
— the smartest do