Training [se] knives in my heart
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun gritted his teeth at Darkeye's comments. "Fine. Since you have all the answers, how, exactly are we supposed to secure the area?" Staring at the other man, the potter gestured for Darkeye to speak.

"Will this book stop them from killing us?" The Ascended narrowed his eyes. "Or will it simply be a record of our deaths? Are we not allowed to fight back at all?" Scoffing, he kicked at the ground. "You still haven't answered my question. What are we supposed to do?"

Laughing outright at Darkeye's comment about Gideon being the Order's biggest threat, Amun arched an eyebrow. "Gideon was a threat, yes, but hardly the largest or most aggressive one." Sighing, he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't think you're stupid. I think you're optimistic, a little ignorant of the history and forces at play here, and not the one actively being threatened." Lowering his hand, he shook his head. "I want to neutralize or eliminate everyone that wants to wipe my kind from existence. Whether that's by changing their minds, imprisoning them, or, when all else fails, killing them."

Pausing, he shrugged. "Barring that, I'll continue to seek allies. Whether that's the seasonal deities, Frey, or simply those sympathetic to our cause." As the other man strained against the chains, the potter tried to reinforce them. However, he was unable to stop Darkeye from getting up and pressing a knee against the Ascended's neck and a knife against his eye. Going limp, he let go of the metal and held up his hands in defeat.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye now looked at Amun very insistently. "I never said that I knew all the answers. I am only well versed in the craft of war. Better walls are thicker and higher. More patrols and watchtowers. A better-trained army. You are not ready for the war. You have no idea how bad a war can get. You should try to negotiate while you can." Darkeye tried to explain to Amun what he meant, but the more he said, the more he thought he was falling on deaf ears.

"It will prevent them from doing worse, that's the hope. But I will also mention the attack of you in it. I'm trying to be the neutral force here, impartial. I will try to prevent your extinction. I am not your enemy, you should negotiate and convince the other big cities to help you, some people want to help you." Darkeye did not want to put Amun in this position.

Darkeye took a deep breath and Amun tried to provoke him. He did not respond."Then, explain it to me. As I said, I don't have an answer for everything. Explain it to me from your point of view."Darkeye said it in a calm tone. "You would do to them what they have done to your kind. Do you want to sink so low?"

Darkeye immediately withdrew the dagger and stood up, allowing Amun to move again, and held out his hand for him to stand up. With his other hand, he held his side where the thorns of the chain had penetrated. "This weapon is very interesting. You are a good fighter. If you want, we can go another round." Darkeye tried to show no pain.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Grunting, Amun held up his free hand and started ticking off the fingers. "We have a ward that is supposed to kill every member of the Order that enters, but somehow they managed to circumvent it. We have fortified our borders with more conventional defenses. We are all training to the best of our abilities." Pausing, he added, "And I've seen war too. Probably as many, if not more than you." He arched his eyebrow at Darkeye.

Groaning, the potter shook his head. "We have been. For years. And most of them have either declared neutrality at best or turned against us at worst. Some of the seasonal deities have sided with us, which is why I am hopeful this new one might do the same. As for this book, how will it prevent further violence?" He fell silent, genuinely curious about the answer.

Narrowing his eyes, he waved his hand in the air. "When the Voice first rose to power, the old gods were threatened by her ascendance and declared her and her followers an abomination. They waged war against them, but could not defeat them. Instead, they imprisoned her and the Ascended. Eventually she and the Ascended escaped, and since then the old gods and their followers have turned every tool at their disposal against us." Sighing, he rubbed his forehead. "All we want, all we've ever wanted, is the freedom to live our lives in peace."

Shrugging at the other man's assessment, the Ascended rocked back and forth on his feet. "The only thing a tolerant society has to destroy is intolerance. I'd be happy to leave them be, but since the same cannot be said of them they leave us little choice." Staring at Darkeye, Amun gestured for the other man to speak if he had a counterpoint.

Taking the hand the other man offered, the potter rolled to his feet. Stooping down to retrieve the chains, he had the metal morph back into a simple staff once more. "Maybe some other time." He rubbed at the small of his back. Nodding at Darkeye's side, the Ascended narrowed his eyes. "You alright?"

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"I hope you haven't seen as much war and bloodshed as I have. I really hope so." He didn't mean to call that or insult Amun. "You just said it yourself they came in. That means it's not good enough." He just wanted to expose the obvious.

Darkeye looked surprised. "Simply because this book will reveal everything. The why without glossing over anything. This will be revealed to the public and will lower or help people's morale. Neutrality will also help you because these people will no longer attack you, so that is already a lot won. And as for the gods, I will also talk to them and reveal my plans."Darkeye hoped that this statement would make Amun calm.

Darkeye nodded and took out a book and wrote down everything Amun said.

"I do not feel that you have tried everything, but I may be wrong about that. I will try it my way. We will not agree on this. But it's okay." Darkeye didn't want to give in, but it was a rock against rock. Two stubborn people who did not want to deviate from their opinion.

"Your last attack got me good. But I'm not made of sugar." Darkeye tried to laugh.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Narrowing his eyes, Amun nodded. "I agree. But you're acting like we've done nothing." Meeting Darkeye's gaze, the potter tapped his foot. "We've been fighting this fight a long time, and unfortunately our enemies have every advantage."

Arching an eyebrow, he drummed drummed his fingers along the shaft of the staff. "Let's say you publish your book and people read it, and no one's mind changes. What then?" Pausing, he added, "Most people who are paying attention already know all that's going on. I can't see this book changing minds or hearts, if I'm being perfectly honest." He sighed, shaking his head. "I wish it were that easy." Looking down, he grimaced.

Nodding at the other man's response, the Ascended gave a little wave. "If you say so." Lifting the butt of the staff from the ground, he turned towards the door. "Despite what you might think of me, it was nice to meet you. And if you help us gain the favor of the newly found seasonal deity, I'll count you among our allies."

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye looked at him now, slightly averse. "Can I help it if you misinterpret my words? I have not once said that you did nothing." Darkeye breathed in and out loudly. "I do understand. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I won't try to do my part." Darkeye tried to sound calmer.

Darkeye tried to explain, but as much as he thought and frowned, he thought it would be better to speak freely,"That's why I'm going to talk to the leaders and the gods. At least then I can say that I tried. But my experience so far has been that when people learn about such things it is more understandable. The compassion and sympathy is your ally here." He wanted to thank Amun for his honest words, but later, there was time for that.

Darkeye looked surprised. "I will decide if I want to be allied with you. I will try to stay neutral as long as I can. It was also nice to meet you and I thank you for your honest words". Darkeye held his side where his blood slowly started to collect under his clothes but he didn't want to show how much he had hurt himself in the fight.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Shrugging at Darkeye's defense, Amun rubbed the back of his head. Pressing his lips together, he didn't respond to the other man's words. At least at first: when Darkeye repeated that he'd go out trying to change hearts and minds, the Ascended sighed. "I wish you luck. Like I said, I'm afraid people already know everything you'd tell them, and their minds are set."

Inclining his head at the other man, Amun gave Darkeye a thumbs up. "You as well." Eying where the other man held his side for just a moment, the potter eventually turned and headed towards the exit. His steps were still heavy and his eyes were narrow, the training having done nothing to relieve his burdened heart.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Not everyone knows about your attack on Stormbreak that will change. I will try to find out the circumstances and what Gidion was doing so close to your border. The book will be about that too. I will talk to Wessex about it, if you want to add something to it, do it before I leave. One of my goals will be Stormbreak to get a picture of the situation there." Darkeye tried to make it clear that he considered this attack an absolute mistake.

"I hope we can meet again soon and I can admire your progress. Until next time Amun. May Kor and Voice guide your way." Darkeye slowly made his way to the hut he had only very vaguely furnished and then took care of his wounds.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun rolled his eyes and gave Darkeye a thumbs up. "Sure. You do that. Let me know how it goes," the potter drawled. Shaking his head, he slid the staff behind his back, resting it like a bar across his shoulders and letting his hands hang off it. "Just remember, everyone is biased, and no one can be truly neutral."

Giving a wave, he hefted the staff again and began to use it as a walking stick. "May the gods watch over you as well. And if you need me, swing by my shop or the Art-isan's Guild." Marching away, he headed straight for the Guild in question to start brainstorming defenses, since Darkeye was right about one thing.

They weren't ready.

-FIN

Coding base by Sky!