Training [se] knives in my heart
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
After messing up one thrown bowl too many (the corner held the shattered remains where the other attempts had been tossed, and the pile was not small) Amun had snarled and stood up from his potter's wheel. Zhanshi poked his head out from the ground, but the Ascended shook his head at the landshark. For once, the potter's companion listened and dove back underground in search of prey.

For Amun's part, he threw on a cloak, grabbed the iron staff leaning against the wall near the door, and stalked outside. His steps took him directly in march towards the training ground. When he arrived, he headed straight for the nearest dummy. Hoisting up the pole, he thwacked the straw filled target with as much force as he could muster. Bringing the weapon back for another blow, he activated his metal manipulation upgrade: the tip of the staff formed a point. He stepped back and speared the center of the dummy with a growl.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye finished his day in the smithy and as usual headed to the training ground. There he saw what was for him a new face. Was that a friend of Bastien? The loss of Bastien was hard to handle for Darkeye. He would have liked to get to know him better.

So Darkeye took a deep breath as he watched Amun's weapon change and strike the dummy with much interest. "Hello young one. That was a nice maneuver. An interesting technique. How do you do that with your weapon? But where are my manners? I'm Darkeye, nice to meet you." Darkeye gives a bow to Amun. He has his spear and some other weapons on him. Some rough leather from different animals as armament. The spear is completely black with many runes on them. Darkeye has a smile on his face and a little grime all over his body from working in the smithy. "Is it okay if I watch you while I eat some lunch here?"
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
With a grunt, Amun pulled the point of the spear out of the training dummy. He was pulling back the weapon for another strike when a voice spoke up behind him. Pausing, the potter glanced over his shoulder. His gaze swept over the stranger standing there.

Turning, the Ascended rested the butt of his weapon on the ground. Leaning on it, he snorted. "I know I don't look it, but I'm probably older than you." Shaking his head, he grimaced. "And I appreciate the compliment, but I'm a poor excuse for a fighter."

Shrugging at the other man's question, the potter ran his hand along the shaft of the spear. "I can shape this metal as long as I'm touching it." As he did, he activated his weapon, making the point blunt once more. Bowing back, he returned Darkeye's introduction. "I'm Amun."

Nodding at the other man's request, the Ascended lifted his weapon from the ground. "If you'd like." Inclining his head towards Darkeye, Amun turned to face the target again. "Though I'm curious to know if you came here just to eat." He waved vaguely at the other man's armaments.

With that, Amun once more tapped into the upgrade. The metal shivered and split, forming a sword in his left hand and a shield in his right. With a cry, he raised the shield and swept the sword in a slash towards the dummy's head.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye smiled at that comment. "I'm sorry, that is an old habit. How old are you then, if it is allowed to ask? And the first thing that I was told when I came here was that you need to learn to survive. That is not always fighting. And that strike was not that bad in my eyes. A wild boar would be dead from that strike."

Darkeye looked at Amun's spear inquisitively. "Is this magic or something else? I never saw something like this. It's interesting."

Darkeye sat on the wall that was around the training ground. "No, not usually. Normally, after I am finished with my work, I try to train a little. But first eating, then training. With an empty stomach, I get very grumpy. And this happened once... Wessex was not happy about it. She and I had a good talk, then a bad talk, and then an okay talk, if you understand." While eating, he was watching Amun train.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun rubbed the back of his head when Darkeye questioned his age. "Hard for me to say, to be honest. In this body, a few decades, but long story short, I have lived other lives that I partially remember, so in one sense I've lived for centuries across multiple lifetimes." Shrugging, the potter waved his free hand in the air.

"Sadly, the foes I'm facing are a bit more dangerous than a wild boar." His eyes narrowed and he ground his teeth together. For a moment, a low growl rose in the back of his throat. Then he blinked and shook his head.

Running a hand along the weapon, he tilted his head to one side. "Something else. A gift from a god," he explained to the other man. As the Ascended spoke, he spun the metal around a bit, loosening his wrists.

Snorting as Darkeye talked about his encounters with Wessex, Amun arched an eyebrow. "Half of my encounters with Wessex end up with her stabbing me, so any conversation with her you can walk away from is a good conversation in my mind." His lips twitched, though it wasn't exactly a smile. Still, a little bit of the tension bled out of his shoulders.

Once again facing the training dummy, he brought the sword and the shield together. The iron transformed again, morphing into a flail. He spun it around his head a few times before slamming it into the training dummy's side. "Well if you need a training partner, I'd be happy to serve. I came here to blow off steam, but as I said I'm a piss-poor combatant, so maybe you can teach me a few things."

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye swallowed the last piece of bread down before he answered. "I'm one hundred and fifty-two. So I think we are both equally old, you just look younger than me." He laughed out loud.

Darkeye looked and listened precisely. Was Amun angry? Did Darkeye do something wrong? "What are you facing then Amun? What makes you that angry?" Darkeye jumped from the wall with the waterskin in his hand and started to walk closer.

"A gift from a god? From Voice? Or some other god? I don't know how this works here in this realm. In my world, it is okay to take the gifts of other gods." Darkeye took a deep swallow from the waterskin.

"Then you are tougher than you look. She only stabbed me with her eyes and that felt uncomfortable enough for me." Darkeye laughed."It's not easy to be a general. A general that is seeking peace. It's good that you have her. She is a good woman. I need to speak with her soon. I found out things that I need to talk about with her. Do you know where she is?"

"First you need to drink Amun". Darkeye gave Amun the waterskin. Then he fetched his spear. "I hope that you can teach me some tricks here and there. I'm ready if you are." Darkeye got into position for the training.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Blinking at Darkeye's age, Amun's lips parted. He examined the other man, before finally nodding. "I suppose that's true. Though you don't look a day over one fifty." Letting out a short laugh, the potter's lips twitched again.

His fingers tightened on his weapon until they were white knuckled. Sweeping the flail in another crushing blow, he grunted. "Two people I cared about were just murdered. And I am facing the eradication of my kind." Snarling he kicked the dummy, the weapon suddenly not visceral enough for the rage sweeping through him. "I just wished there was something, anything I could do. Besides fetching water or whatever it is we're expected to do for beings that couldn't care less about us at best or want us dead at worst."

Nodding, he ran his fingers along the metal weapon. "From the Voice. I doubt any other god would answer if I prayed to them, and I doubt that I'd like the answer if they did." He snorted, shaking his head at the other man.

Shrugging just one shoulder, the Ascended spread his fingers across his stomach. It rested over one of the many wounds he'd received from the Wraith, not that Darkeye knew that since the scars weren't visible. "Tough, maybe. But not necessarily strong." Hanging his head, the potter added, "She is good. And she carries a heavy burden. As for her location, if she's not here she's likely at the newly refurbished Theskyra House."

The flail morphed again, becoming a chain that he whipped around the dummy. As he untangled it, he held up a hand, waving away the waterskin. "I don't, but thank you for the offer." As Darkeye fetched his weapons, the Ascended retrieved the metal. He morphed it back into the iron staff he'd started with, squaring off against the other man. Waiting a breath, Amun rolled his shoulders back.

Then he lifted the staff overhead with both hands. Letting out a cry, he swept it down in the straight line, aiming for Darkeye's shoulder. However, he was careful to pull the blow, not putting anything near his full strength or speed behind it.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Now Darkeye started laughing loud again so hard that he had to wipe a tear away. "I know how I look Amun, but I thank you for the try. But I can read that lie." Darkeye winked at Amun.

Darkeye's mood shifted immediately. It was not the right time to joke. "First, Amun, breathe slow and steady. How did they die? As long as you are alive, and Wessex and all other Ascended, you won't be extinguished. And you still have the Voice. Trust in your god. Then you need to train more. You weren't ready or prepared enough. A mistake many of us do. Only a few can do this mistake twice. You will learn from that, trust me. I know this for sure. This war will be hard and you are not ready for that. If you want to change, that brings your mind and your body, even your heart, to its limits. And not all fights are on the battlefield." Darkeye again gestured for Amun to breathe slowly.

"Maybe you should listen to them. You can learn many things if you are ready to listen. It's not easy, I understand this, but it's important to keep an open mind for talking. Maybe then we can prevent more deaths of your kind and people." Darkeye was not surprised by this. This was a war between gods why would they listen to each other.

Darkeye furrowed his brows. "Do you know of a man called Deimos? Is he a trustworthy man?" Darkeye felt like he could trust Deimos but he wanted to know what the people in the Ground thought about him. He looked at the dummy and smiled again. "You are strong, that is why the dummy looks like this Amun. Where is the Theskyra House? I was busy the last few days so please help me?"

"With all the growling and screaming your throat must be very dry. Take a sip, it will help." While walking, Darkeye rolled his shoulders and a loud crack was heard. When that happened he stopped for a second and breathed out with relief. "Finally."

Darkeye was ready and blocked the hand, not the staff, of Amun. He pushed Amun back with a shove. "You said you are angry. Don't hold back. Or do you want to offend me? I'm old, not dead." Darkeye's face turned into an angry grimace. With a strike of the spear, Darkeye would try to hit the hand that is holding the staff.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun let out a chuckle. Shaking his head at Darkeye, the potter arched an eyebrow. "You say lie, I say well deserved compliment."

Grunting, he narrowed his eyes at the other man. "Forgive me for saying this, but since you don't seem to be an Ascended, I'm not inclined to be told how to feel by someone who is not actively facing genocide." Pausing, the Ascended added, "Moreover, breath doesn't have any effect on our systems." Tapping a foot on the ground, he gritted his teeth. "I trust my god. And it's true the others are in her embrace now. But I do not trust the gods of others. As for my family, Samuel was murdered on the outskirts and Edrei was killed by fucking Ronin Taliesin when we foolishly tried to strike back against the Order by toppling their tower." Fluid welled up in his eyes before he blinked it away.

Gesturing around at their surroundings, he pressed his lips together. "I'm here, aren't I?" Growling, he tightened his grip on his weapon, twisting his hands around it.

Tilting his head to one side at Darkeye's suggestion to seek out the other gods, Amun snorted. "The seasonal gods, including the one that's out in the desert or whatever maybe Frey, sure. I've already made strides in that direction. But Safrin and Ludo would strike me down if I ever dared show my face. Hard to listen when the other side's starting point is your total eradication." He snarled at the mention of the so-called heralds of life and death.

Tapping a finger against the shaft of the staff at the other man's question about Deimos, the potter shrugged. "The Deimos I knew was a good man, but he played his cards close to his chest and was a devotee of the old gods. That was many moons ago, so I can't say what he's like now." He sighed at the thought of his old Guildmaster, who'd trusted Amun enough to hand over the guild, turning into a potential enemy. Blinking at the request about Theskyra house, he rattled off the directions. Fishing a piece of paper from his pocket, he scribbled them down for good measure and handed them over to the other man.

"I don't feel pain and water literally does nothing to restore me. The fluid in my veins has already repaired any miniscule damage I might've done to my throat." At the popping sound from Darkeye's shoulder the potter's eyes widened. "You should get that checked out by the Remedy."

The blow didn't land as the other man blocked the Ascended's arm. Snorting, the potter jerked his chin at Darkeye's shoulder. "From the sound of things, if I hit it you'll need to visit the infirmary sooner rather than later." Without shifting his weight or moving at all, the Ascended activated his upgrade. The ends of the staff melted and shifted, becoming chains. The bottom links shot towards the tip of Darkeye's spear, trying to yank it aside while the top slid towards the arm he'd blocked with to try and pull it aside as well.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Amun do you want to flirt or train here. I'm sorry to say that you're not my type" Darkeye laughed, not wanting to admit that Amun had something he found attractive.

Darkeye tried not to let on how much these words hurt him. It boiled him and Amun could not know that from the world from which Darkeye comes his race was also close to extinction. Only after a moment, Darkeye realize the words of a foolish attack. "You have attacked a city unprepared out of pure emotion and without a plan. Foolish is not enough for such a statement, be glad that you survived, you Thor. What about the civilians you endangered? Wessex is trying to keep the peace and you do this! What about coexistence when you attack? That's just unreasonable." Darkeye was furious Wessex would not bode well with that either, or did she know about it. "An answer from the Order will be coming soon I hope we can still work this out somehow. You've given them a reason to attack that could start the war I hope you're aware of that."

Darkeye breathed in and out a few times. He tries to calm himself. After a moment he asks. "Do you know that for sure? Have you tried it? Not everyone wants you to be wiped out. I try to mediate on all fronts. I will also try to talk to the gods. It's okay that you don't like them, but a good way would be to at least acknowledge them because you can't deny their existence".

Darkeye took the piece of paper and put it away for now. There was enough time to go there later. "He's still a good man and he doesn't hold a grudge against you." was the only thing he said.

"That's the age. Amun nothing else you will suffer this too someday. And if you don't feel pain, what do you feel? Can't you drink or eat?"

Darkeye smiled when Amun told him that. He tried to free himself from the chain's grip, but unfortunately, it was too late. But Darkeye was quick enough to draw a dagger and struck Amun's armpit with all his might. Darkeye hoped with that move to gain distance from Amun.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun shrugged at Darkeye's question. Although the potter's lips twitched, the amusement didn't reach his eyes. "Can't help it. Guess you just bring it out of me."

Narrowing his eyes at the other man, the Ascended pressed his lips together. Again, a growl rose in the back of his throat. "Wessex was there too, so don't lecture me on what she'd want. We evacuated the civilians and were just looking to do property damage. Maybe get all the details on the matter before you criticize me." Finally taking that breath the other man had urged, Amun let it out in a snarl.

Glaring at Darkeye, the potter stabbed a finger forward. "And what about our citizens? Do we stand by as they're murdered? Like Sam was by the Order? The same Order you say will 'come' is already on the warpath and stalking our borders. In fact, they have always struck first. Isn't that reason enough to take the fight to them? The war is already here, for us, but no one seems willing to care or acknowledge that the Ascended are actively being wiped out. It's only when people of other races get hurt that they express concern." Although he couldn't actually spit on the ground, he imitated the gesture as best he could.

Arching an eyebrow, the potter tilted his head to one side. "Maybe not everyone wants us wiped out. But are those same people going to stand by our side when the war comes? Or are they going to sit it out, as they have so far. All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing, isn't that right?" He put his free arm on his hip. "As for the gods, yes, Safrin and Ludo want me and my kind dead, no exceptions. Obviously they exist. But they don't want us to, so I don't know how we can negotiate with that." He shrugged a shoulder. "I'll go seek out this new seasonal god that's been discovered, but you'll have to forgive me for not getting my hopes up. And I'm already pursuing a potential solution with Frey."

Gesturing at himself, the potter shook his head at the other man's questions. "Actually, I won't age. We can be killed, but we stay in the same form as we do when we Ascend. And no, all we need is fluid to sustain us. Some partake in food and drink, but we don't actually taste, smell, or physically enjoy it, and we're not capable of digesting it, so it's more out of habit than anything else. We can touch, but only as sensory input." Smoothing the front of his shirt, he picked a few nonexistent pieces of dust from it.

The chains did their job. As Darkeye drew the dagger, the Ascended's eyes narrowed. He actually took the strike in his armpit without bothering to move or dodge. Instead, he kept his upgrade going, trying to have the chain creep down the other man's arms and force them down to their sides.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"That doesn't change the fact that even if Wessex was there, you gave them a reason to go to war against you in an official way. Yes, I'm lecturing you because you don't want to see your mistake, you didn't think about what consequences it would have. I try to help you and you spit on that. Bastien died, and all that he wanted was exist and you spit on that too." Darkeye was very angry. "You're not a child anymore to be told that everything you do has consequences. Don't try to get out of the affair so cheaply, I'll talk to Wessex. And stop growling at me like a dog for telling you what you don't want to hear."

Darkeye swallowed all his anger and hoped he could still control himself. "First of all, don't point at me, I don't like that. Secondly, I try to stand up for you here, I'm sorry Kor sent me here only now. I am aware that you do not have it easy, but that does not justify such behavior. Do you want to kill all those who are against the Ascended then? Don't spit on the floor in front of me, I have shown you respect, so I demand the same from you." Darkeye's fist clenched.

Darkeye grabbed through his bard, which always helped to calm him down. He crossed his arms. "After this action, it will be difficult to convince them to help you. But I will try, Amun, but then something so careless can never happen again. I will try to mediate. That is all I can offer. I will try to find a peaceful solution with the help of the Ascended or without them. Your eyes are so full of hate that you can't see any other way." Darkeye saw a boy in front of him, not a man.

With pity, he now looked at Amun. "I am very sorry for you Amun. I hope for you that this will change when the war is over and we all live together in peace and harmony." In the eyes of Darkeye, not being able to eat and drink or to age was a curse, not a blessing.

With a quick movement, he hit the armpit with the handle of the dagger, but Amun endured it like a tough veteran. Darkeye realized that his blow did nothing. There was not much left for him to do. He let himself fall backward and used the dagger as a lever. He braced his leg against Amun's chest and tried to hurl it over him.
each for one sin
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun threw up his free hand in the air. Scoffing at Darkeye, the potter shook his head. "You don't seem to get it." Stalking back and forth, he did not look at the other man. "I admitted it was foolish to begin with. Bastien died to a landshark, which has nothing to do with this. I'd also argue that I knew him longer and better than you." Pausing, he closed his eyes for a moment before resuming his pacing. "I'm not growling or spitting at you, I'm doing it at the Order."

Stopping, he pivoted towards the other man. "No. I don't want to kill anyone. But in their minds, we already are at war, and have been for centuries. No excuses needed. So what choice do we have if they are hell bent on killing us and nothing will stop them from pursuing that goal? " He gestured for Darkeye to answer if he actually had one.

"They're the one pushing for war when all we want is to be left alone. Yet somehow, the instant we push back we're the bad guys. No matter how many of us they've killed, no matter that they locked us in a barrier for centuries, no matter that they will never, ever, leave us alone." The Ascended narrowed his eyes.

"Fine. Mediate. I wish you luck. In the meantime, I'll go seek out whatever advantage we might have when the inevitable comes. For now, I guess that means helping this seasonal deity that was just discovered in the hopes it sides with us when the final battle arrives." He barked out a hysterical laugh at the mention of peace and harmony. "I cannot live peacefully so long as the Order exists in its current form," he informed Darkeye. "And you can save your pity, thanks."

Linked as they were by the chains and the dagger, as the other man began to topple backwards, Amun fell forwards as well. The boot on the potter's chest was more than enough leverage to flip the Ascended over. His back slammed into the ground. Grunting, he kept up his work with his upgrades. The ends of the chains formed spikes that he used to try and anchor Darkeye to the ground.

Coding base by Sky!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye followed Amun's movements very closely. So clumsily he trusted Amun just everything. "You could have secured the area. Then three people would not have died. Yes, you knew him longer which makes your action even more questionable." Darkeye thought that Amun was too consumed with revenge. If only Amun knew how well Darkeye understood.

"Bullshit you wanted to attack them, you're just trying to justify your action. Of course, they think they are already at war with you. But that doesn't mean you can't do better. You have to understand that. On the path where you are right now, Amun, there will be no redemption."Darkeye breathed in loudly. "I can try and I will try! With the help of my God, I will try everything in my power. If necessary, I will take up arms myself and try to solve it in another way." Darkeye knew that what he said sounded strange, but he was convinced. He still followed the movement of Amun with his eyes. "I will write a war book in which every war crime will be recorded. Impartial since so many do not act according to your opinion. You are so wrong on this point."

Darkeye thought carefully. He shook his head and took a deep breath. What was Darkeye missing here? "You think I'm that simple. How stupid do you think I am? I am aware that you have had to put up with a lot, and I am aware that you have lost family and friends. But you are free. You are not slaves. You are no longer captives, so stop stoking the fires of war. Sometimes it helps not to direct your anger and rage at others. If you can calm down and talk to me reasonably, we will discuss this further. You can describe the captivity to me from your side. But right now you're not being reasonable." Darkeye tried to make it clear to the boy that he was talking himself into a frenzy.

Darkeye's fists wrinkled more and more. "I hope you realize that you're not a bit better than them right now, aren't you? The last battle is still far away. But you want to keep bringing innocents into the fight, do that. Compassion and pity are something that comes for free. I understand that the order has done you a lot of harm. But now that Gideon is dead, they have lost their greatest aggressor. That will change things. What do you think is necessary to ensure freedom? If you don't want to kill them all? You say you can't live in peace when the order exists like this. Do you want to slaughter all the people who serve their gods the way you do? That's what it sounds like to me. Tell me what you are trying to do. Give me a reasonable answer. Maybe then I won't give you any more pity." Darkeye knew he was talking a lot right now. He was deliberately provoking Amun. It was clear to him that there could be no good answer to such a thing. But he hoped to change his point of view. He had to try.

With all his strength in his body, Darkeye braced himself against the chains, even when the metal bored into his body. He was not made of sugar. With a sweeping movement, he slung himself up and pressed his knee on Amun's neck. Darkkeye was in pain. He lunged with his dagger. He tried to stop his strike with the dagger right in front of Amun's eye.
each for one sin