won't tell us which way to go
for Maeve
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Progress was progress, though it came in waves and undulations it seemed, much like the tides themselves. In between discussions with those still living amongst Halo, the back and forth plotting and calculating between next maneuvers, and then the guild itself, Deimos had found opportunities here and there to strive forward, onward, in multitudes of directions.

Taking hold of the morning, he’d been up well before the sun settled into the sky, training first within the grounds and along the shoreline, and then returning to labor on matters for the Monster Hunter’s. A few other members had already been delegated to working on the pantry, whose shelves had been lopsided as of late and needing repair, while he chose to remain outside – creating and concocting a sign.

While Belial made a nuisance of himself on the roof, hooting at passersby, the Sword had settled along a bench and table in the shade, paintbrush in hand, swiping it over a previously natural portion of wood. Ivory and distinct, for the moment, before other hues would take its place, some proportions already landing on his nose by way of haphazard distraction.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"Don't you stray too far ahead, now." Maeve calls after her companion, a smile already curling on her lips as the dragon soars ahead of her, clearly on some sort of mission of his own. She doesn't truly mind. Not when there is very little trouble for Aidon to get up to like this. People know the queen's companion well enough to stay out of his way and thus there is very little conflict. However, people don't seem to be Aidon's primary motivation today. No, it's the hooting coming from the top of the new Monster Hunter Guild that has his attention. With a trill and a screech, he swoops towards Belial, intent on enticing him into a game of chase.

Her mouth opens to call out another warning, but jade eyes catch on Deimos, but more specifically the paint that's smeared haphazardly across his nose. She can't help the grin that curls on her lips at the sight of the usually stoic Sword painting with such intent concentration. It's too easy to call out in jest, "If you aren't careful you're going to end up with more paint on you than the sign."
the only heaven I'll be sent to
is when I'm along with you
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Belial, ever watchful, raised his head at Aidon’s appearance with almost a gleeful swing – though Deimos could feel the low hum of something more than bemusement. Arrogance? Conceit? Goading? A warning was sent well before he could catch Maeve’s appearance, so the peryton didn’t do much more than raise his hackles to reveal fangs – unfurling his wings, and wandering back and forth along the edge again. A predator’s pace.

Drawing his attention away from the dragon, and intending to return to the sign, the sovereign’s voice cut through the machinations before he could lift the brush. His brows furrowed momentarily, uncertain what she meant, a wrinkle to his nose only increasing the amount of paint there. “Hazard of the job,” he shrugged, sweeping another layer of the ivory across the timber. Unbothered, and unaware, of anything speckled across his nose, the calculations started again – pondering over her purpose here. “What brings you this way?” Was she checking up on the state of the building? It’d long since been repaired – nothing set ablaze, and he’d been on relatively decent behavior lately.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Aidon isn't deterred by the welcome that Belial gives him. He's used to Fangorn and the gourd's proclivity for mischief and playing. It doesn't occur to him that this companion might not want to participate. Instead he swoops down, blowing a bit of smoke towards Belial, letting out a sound that's reminiscent of a laugh as his bonded settles across from Deimos.

The Nightshade hums out a soft laugh, realizing rather quickly that he doesn't know there is paint on his nose and she has no plans to tell him, too amused to do so right away. She leans against one hand, chin resting in her palm, a smile curling easily on her lips. "I was wandering. Seeing how people were faring. It only seemed right to check how things were going here too."

That and she had news about Halo. News that he'd want to know. Maeve doesn't seem much like a queen as she sits across from him, but she straightens after a moment. "I got a letter from Morgan in Halo. She said they were going to remain neutral. I thought you should know."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Belial wasn’t entirely certain if he wanted to play or yearned to show some manner of dominance. A peculiar proclivity, as he’d always been a bit of an arrogant fiend when it came to other individuals in the sky – hence Deimos’ warning continuing to vibrate through. It was enough to stave off the worst of possibilities, but he sneered at the ring of smoke, and moved further down the arches of the building.

Deimos focused on the sovereign, however, tilting his head vaguely and placing the paintbrush down into the container of water nearby. “Things are well.” Quiet, for the most part, unaware of what the pending days were going to bring. Or what the next piece of news would spring forth.

The news made his eyes narrow and jaw clench. For a moment he grew very still, like a predator considering its options, before his piercing gaze flickered back to Maeve. “We all know that is a farce.” He took a breath, weighing out probabilities and possibilities, conforming back into soldier calculations. “I may be leaving Torchline sooner then, if we are to be making moves.” A warning for her, perhaps, to not be surprised if the guild was vacant in the near future. “Thank you for telling me. Where does Torchline stand in all of this?” He could hazard a guess – but the confirmation would be enough.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Aidon grumbles when his playful antics aren't met with the same energy. He lands on the arches of the building with a huff, flapping his wings a few times as orange eyes follow the movements of the other companion, annoyance flaring along the bond he shared with Maeve. Her eyes flick up to him for a moment and she sighs, sending a gentle warning to him, urging him to back off.

"Good, I'm glad. I was hoping you'd settle in here." At least for the time being. This wasn't his permanent place. It never would be. Not when Halo held his heart. Maeve straightens up slightly as she speaks about the truly important matter. Morgan and Halo. Their supposed neutrality.

Maeve nods at his words, jade eyes noting the way he freezes and the set in his jaw, something that others might have missed. "I know. I'm not fooled." She says, lips pressing into a thin line, managing to bite her tongue for the most part. "I figured as much." The guild would be fine in the meantime. "Of course." As for Torchline? Well, she had already made a vow to Safrin. This place was under the protection of the goddess and that meant they had their support too. "I made a vow to Safrin. This place is hers. You are hers too. If you need support, then I'll provide what I can without leaving my own lands vulnerable."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Belial, sneaky and conniving at the worst of his measures, suddenly grew very still and rigid. Immediately, his presence was simply gone - just as he’d done all those seasons ago, spying for the Sword as he and the Valkyrie set flame to the very place they sat beside. Perhaps that would put the dragon off.

He gave a slight smile, enough to unclench his jaw for a moment, and an indulgent nod at the settling. It’d been a peaceful couple of months, rather than the dread and apprehension he’d been used to at the height of all the banishments, exiles, and furtive measures.

No, he hadn’t considered the Nightshade a fool, but the more he grumbled about Morgan’s choices, the better, the bitter, the fuel. The sand and surf being sworn to Safrin, being committed to the Old God cause, was enough to ease the tension in his spine, and his gaze went back to the sign he hadn’t finished. He weighed out some other factions in the back of his mind, before his stare rendered back to her. “Understandable. If we manage to take Halo back soon, would you consider alliances?” Or was that all off the table, considering the way the Greatwood was running things? Remi and Maeve certainly weren’t one and the same, but to have the notions and possibilities given air and consideration was better than nothing at all.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Aidon grumbles more loudly this time, letting his displeasure be known to anyone within earshot, earning him another look from the Nightshade. She arches a brow, a silent command for him to leave things be and join her lest he get himself into trouble. The dragon, ever obedient gives a final huff of smoke and ember before swooping down from the roof, landing near the table and flopping down with a heavy sigh.

Maeve wouldn't prefer to discuss this so out in the open. It could lead to more trouble than it's worth, but she had been prepared to side with Halo before when Noah and Hotaru were leading. The only thing that kept her from doing so was Aurelia advising against it. The Greatwood was protecting its own, but Torchline was far more exposed. With Halo being the closest ally aside from Stormbreak it would be foolish to turn down the opprotunity. "I would. Of course my people here are my main priority, but if Halo is claimed for the Old Gods once more? I won't turn against them or you."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Belial found this all delightfully amusing, having thwarted the dragon. Intentionally teasing and taunting, he maneuvered, appearing visible and tangible once more, slinking and sliding along the roof – before stilling again, and becoming imperceptible. The Sword likely the last warning the peryton would receive before other measures were taken – and so he pouted on the edge, unseen for now.

Considering no one else was around, and nothing was official in the capacity, just political airs being thrown about, Deimos didn’t conceal the notions too readily. Part of them were mere presumptions and nothing more; not certain they’d be able to orchestrate anything too readily. “Thank you.” And that would be enough for now – unless Maeve found another reason to draw some line in the sand. Layers of respect and gratitude hastened thereafter though, the itch in machinations and calculations beginning to draw along the base of his spine. “I appreciate all the opportunities you have given me and my comrades.” A pause, another low rumble. “I will let you know when there have been some maneuvers in a more official capacity.” Basically, if things went well.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Aidon sees him shift and watches as he disappears with a grumble, letting his head fall heavily onto his claws, puffing out a flare of embers from his nostrils. If he wasn't on his best behavior, Aidon would have gone after Belial, but he wasn't willing to disobey his bonded's directions. Maeve reaches down, patting the top of his head, doing her best to soothe his annoyance.

Her smile is soft as she looks back up to Deimos, lifting her shoulders in a shrug, "Of course, Deimos." It was easy to give him a chance. He was one of Safrin's followers. Maeve was going to give him whatever he needed to do just that. "I didn't doubt you would make good on your word." Maeve leans on her forearms, crossing them in front of her as she relaxes.

"I'm not sure if you plan to make moves anytime soon, but before you do, you might want to take a trip to the desert. Ronin, Remi, and I found the Flowerbirth deity hidden beneath the Sunshine Pools, but he's in bad need of water."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
With Belial sulking intangibly on the ledge, Deimos could concentrate on the other measures and information being passed. He gave a brief smile at the earnestness, but then narrowed his eyes vaguely at the sentiments of the other seasonal deity being found. The last one, that he’d assisted with, had attempted to eat him, so the inclinations this one had been mildly different wasn’t as disconcerting. “Was there a certain kind of water?” Salt? Cold? Hot? Pondering over the reaches, he persisted in his analytical measures. “And where in the Sunshine Pools? I have never been to those parts.” Only to the boneyard, assaulting landsharks for amusement.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Fresh. There is a giant well of starlight marking his location thanks to Safrin. It will be fairly hard to miss even in the daylight." The Nightshade reassures him, straightening once more, preparing to push back from the table. It was a rather clear marker in her opinion. "He needs to leave that place, but the desert has made him weak. I imagine that without our help he won't be able to get very far." Plus it might do something to get Deimos back into Safrin's good graces if he were to help out with this too.

"He doesn't seem hostile. Just grumpy. Doesn't want to be bothered." The queen finally stands, giving him one last smile, "You got a bit of paint on your nose, by the way. Thought you might want to know."

With that she tosses him a wink and motions for Aidon to follow, slipping back into the crowd milling in the street, heading back towards her home.

~FIN <3~