remedies for real
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
According to all his scans, Amun had recovered from his ordeal. However, he couldn't shake the nagging feeling that maybe his scan feature was broken, somehow. Especially after his encounter with that damn snake. And since the Voice was currently unavailable, that left him with few options.

So he'd made his way to the Infirmary in the Temple. Zhanshi tunneled along at the potter's feet. Ignoring the damage his companion did to the nice floors, he pushed through the large doors and headed towards the back of the building. Once he reached the entrance to the Infirmary, he paused, peering inside. Reaching out, he rapped his fingers against the doorframe. "Hello? Anyone there?" He slid into the room, glancing around to see how it was doing.

Isla
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Later, Isla will find the little patterns that Zhanshi has made in the ground and will probably have to do something about them. But for now, she's where she can usually be found - in the infirmary. And as Amun pushes open the door to the waiting room, he'll find it mostly empty, other than a couple of farmhands waiting for some medicine to deal with a cut or a graze or something equally innocuous.

Isla steps in to give them said medicine only a moment later, and she offers a smile to her fellow Ascended in the doorway. "We're open," she says, assuming that's what he means. "We don't close, to be honest." That's the thing with infirmaries, she supposes. She hands off the medicine and sends the farmhands on their way, turning to face Amun properly. "What can I do for you?"
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
As the woman responded, Amun stepped further into the room. Giving her a once over, he grinned. "Sickness never sleeps and neither do you?" Coming to a stop before her, he held out his hand. "You're Isla, right? I'm Amun, it's nice to meet you."

After he'd made his own introductions, Zhanshi launched from the ground. Before the little landshark could reach the Remedy, the potter caught his companion with one hand. Turning Zhanshi around and holding him so he was eye level with Amun, he wagged a finger at the landshark. "No biting." The potter's companion, predictably, nibbled on Amun's finger. Sighing, he released his companion, who went to fly in ascending circles around Isla, conducting a thorough investigation of the woman, though with no more teeth involved.

"Sorry about him." The potter shook his head and slid his hand into his pockets. "I was just wondering if you could give me a good old fashioned check up."
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"So they say," Isla acknowledges with a grin, offering him a polite nod in greeting. "Nice to meet you too, Amun. As well as this spirited fellow." She's referring to Zhanshi, of course, stepping back a bit for the little landshark to make his measure of her (after being appropriately chastised, of course). "No biting, for a companion of an Ascended. You're setting him up for a hard time there," she points out.

Gesturing for him to follow her into the infirmary proper, Isla gives him a brief look up and down before motioning to one of the free beds. "No apologies needed," she says. "And a good old fashioned checkup I can do. Have you been injured recently, or discovered any new upgrades?" As she speaks she moves to collect together some equipment, grabbing a rolling stool to come and sit before him on the bed.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Nodding at Isla's introduction, Amun grinned. Barking out a laugh as she commented on the hypocrisy of his instructions to Zhanshi, all the potter could do was shake his head. "If it makes you feel better, neither of us are very good at listening." To punctuate the statement, the little landshark flew over to clamp down on Amun's wrist before the potter's companion returned to his observation of the Remedy.

Hopping up onto the bed, he arched an eyebrow at her question. "Does getting trapped for well over a year without access to fluid and having to literally claw my way out only to discover the Voice was on vacation count?" He snorted and winked at her.
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Raising an eyebrow to see the little landshark chomp away on his bonded, Isla stifles a smile and shakes her head. At least he's at an infirmary, she supposes. "My beds are full of people who aren't very good at listening," she informs him. "Or people who are just very unlucky. Hopefully you're only the former."

His story is wild, Isla's jaw dropping a bit as Amun explains, and she gives him a soft nod. "It certainly counts enough," she murmurs, sitting up in her chair and giving him a cursory glance at first. "Alright, if you could just look straight ahead? I have an optical upgrade that ought to let me check for any internal injuries."

Without further ado, the Remedy's pebble blues flash and glint as she activates the upgrade, gazing over and straight through Amun to check for fractures or breaks or other damage.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
"If I say I'm a good patient and excellent at listening, you'll probably know I'm lying immediately, won't you?" Amun grinned at Isla, though he glanced at his wrist to make sure Zhanshi hadn't actually broken the skin. It was fine, but the potter still shook out his hand as the landshark reached the Remedy's head.

Inspection complete, Amun's companion dove for the ground. Gnawing a tunnel in the stone, he reached the dirt underneath. Wincing, the potter waved at the hole. "I've gotten really good at filling those in."

Winking at her, the potter chuckled. "That's good. I shudder to think what I'd have to do if that didn't count." Shifting his weight, he turned so he was sitting upright and facing front. Although his eyes flicked to hers when she mentioned her upgrade, he dragged his gaze back to right ahead of him. "Neat trick. Any other upgrades I should know about?" He arched an eyebrow as he waited for her to complete her scan.
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Perhaps not immediately, but certainly now that you've opened with that," Isla remarks with a soft chuckle, continuing to look here and there, gently lifting up one of Amun's arms and placing it back at his sides again, as if to double check something. "I'd hope you would fill in any damage," she agrees, smiling even if she's not able to look at Zhanshi or the hole he's made. "Might I suggest, though, that you leave him at home the next time you visit the Infirmary?"

Satisfied with her once-over, Isla blinks away her upgrade and sits back for a moment so she can reach into her pocket. "Plenty available, but none I think you should know about," she says, bouncing her eyebrows at Amun and producing what looks like a small pen light. "Look at my nose, please," she murmurs, before raising the light and flashing it briefly into each of his eyes. "You're in surprisingly good shape, all things considered. No breaks, no fractures, no internal damage. Your sensors are all reporting normally?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun laughed at Isla's comment and shook his head. Letting her poke, prod, and move him as she willed, he continued to look ahead. "How many of your patients always listen to everything you say?"

Glancing down at the hole, which Zhanshi had poked his head out of, the potter snorted. "Clearly, you've never had a companion. Leaving them at home is easier said than done. Probably would be better to just get something from the Voice to fill in holes he's left." Shrugging, he jerked his chin at the landshark. Amun's companion snapped his jaws before diving underground again and heading outside.

Following her orders and looking at her nose, he stayed still otherwise. "Nice nose," As she gave him the all clear, tension bled out of his shoulders. "Awesome. Thanks doc." Pausing, he scratched under his chin. "Yes, but...I had an encounter recently that made me doubt they were working properly."
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"All of the ones who don't end up needing to come back for extra meds," Isla informs him cheerfully, though it's true that she's certainly no stranger to stubborn patients. She doesn't know if Amun is going to be one such patient, or whether he just likes to hear the sound of his own voice. Either way, a small smile creeps across her face as she spots Zhanshi in the hole he's made, before she moves back to her check up.

"I do have a companion, actually," she admits with a scrunch of her nose. "And I will admit that you do have a point, there. Perhaps you could ask for an upgrade that allows you to shake the earth back into place." But anyway, back to looking into his eyes. "Thanks, I made it myself," she says of her nose, before sitting back. "You're in good shape, even with everything you've been through. What happened to make you doubt your sensors, though?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Letting out a chuckle as Isla informed him that not all of her patients were stubborn mules, Amun nodded. Grinning, he waggled his eyebrows at her. "I won't promise to be good, doc, but I will promise to be careful."

Tilting his head to one side, he gestured at the hole Zhanshi had made. "Perhaps. What bundle of joy do you have in your life?" The potter smiled, eyes trailing in the direction the landshark had tunneled.

Sighing at her question, Amun shrugged one shoulder. "I'm not quite sure. I encountered a spirit that made me feel as if I were dying, but it was all some sort of test." Rubbing the back of his head, he grimaced. "My sensors gave me an exact time of death and everything but when I actually died I snapped back to normal."
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"That is all I can ask of you," Isla says with a cheeky grin, satisfied with that compromise at least. Her bundle of joy is an entirely different matter, and the medic winces a bit, though it's not entirely in embarrassment. "Actually he's a relic. His name is the Prince," she explains. "That Prince - the one who lurked around in the ruins. But he doesn't look that way any more, he looks like a person."

Which... none of that probably helps, to be honest. But whatever. Isla is far more interested in the story about Amun's near death experience. "How curious," she says. "I didn't think we were able to be affected by anything like that..." Unless the creatures in the Hollowed Grounds are evolving now so that they could target Ascended. "Well whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have done you any permanent damage."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Arching an eyebrow when Isla discussed her companion, Amun let out a low whistle. Chuckling a bit, he tilted his head to one side. "That sounds like quite the story. Care to share with the class?" He batted his eyes at her and widened them as much as he could, adding in a pouty lip for good measure.

Grimacing, he nodded. "I didn't think so either. Hence the check-up." Sighing, he rubbed the back of his head. "It seemed to be a guardian of sorts, of the Eye of Fire in the center of the Queen's Gambit. Talked a lot about ancient Abandoned, or Acquired as they were known." Letting out a bark of laughter, he gave her a thumbs up. "Glad you gave me the all clear, though, doc."
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"No need for the dramatics. We're family, of course I'll tell you." Isla smiles to Amun, straightening up and away from him and putting away her Intralight. "Sam had been looking for the Prince for a long time. Nate, Azrael and I ended up at the Last Step in King's End. We ended up through a portal in a strange place full of dragons. And the Prince was there, looking like he usually did. But when I took his hand, he transformed."

Tittering to herself, Isla shakes her head. "It sounds like a twee fairytale when I say it out loud," she admits. "Your story sounds a lot less fantastical, though. I wonder if we ought to look into that more. Acquired, you say? That's interesting." Pausing and looking Amun over one last time, Isla smiles to him. "Do you want me to heal you up before you go? That's another clever trick I have up my sleeve."