remedies for real
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun winked at Isla. ”We just met, so I should warn you that asking me not to be theatric is like asking water not to run downhill.” Continuing to flutter his eyelashes, he threw his his hand up and rested the back of it on his forehead with a loud sigh.

Lowering his hand with a chuckle, he did still as she recounted her own tale. When she finished, he grinned. ”Nah. Not nearly enough blood and guts for it to be a fairy tale. Plus no dead moms or wicked stepmoms in sight.” He shaded his eyes and peered into the corners as if more characters might be lurking there.

”Certainly less of a happy ending,” he agreed. As she mentioned it was interesting he snorted. ”Maybe, doc, but since I experienced exploding to death I’m not sure I can recommend the experience.”

Eyes widening at her offer his brow furrowed. ”I thought you said I was peachy.” However, he shrugged. ”Sure, go ahead.” He held out his hands to her before pausing. ”Wait do I…have to do anything?”
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

"Is that so? I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future," Isla says with a soft smile, grinning to her patient and perhaps new friend. "And you don't know that the dragons weren't wicked stepmothers to their kin, do you?" She bounces her eyebrows at him, before the matter turns slightly more morbid.

"Honestly, I'd have preferred exploding to death. When I died it felt a lot more intimate," she says with a wrinkling of her nose, before holding her hands out over his. They hover there, not touching. "You're absolutely peachy," she confirms. "I just... haven't had to use this much, so it's good practice."

He doesn't have to do anything, as Amun will soon realise, Isla activating her healing upgrade to let the effects wash through him. "Ta da!"
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned right back at Isla. "You've got me there. Wicked stepmothers and secret heirs to the throne abound in dragon land. Every last one of them is the hero of prophecy." He waggled his eyebrows at her.

Grimacing at her response to his own death, he shook his head. "Fine. You win. Or lose, I suppose. But hey, I guess we're death buddies now." He held up his hand for her to fist bump.

As she touched him, he initiated a system scan. He could feel the restorative energy flowing into him and he smiled at her. "Thanks, doc." Wiggling his fingers, he hopped off the cot and pointed at the hole in the ground. "I'll go fetch some tools to fix that, but I imagine I should let you get back to your other patients."
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

"You weren't kidding about the theatrics," Isla notes, though her expression is warm and cheerful now that they seem to have struck a rapport with one another. (And now that Zhanshi hasn't dug any new holes in her floor, too).

"Dead buddies," she agrees with a cheeky wink, dutifully offering him a fist bump before she gets to work with her upgrade. And it's fascinating to watch as well as feel, Isla noting where she might even be able to make improvements, perhaps (read: spend MP to upgrade it).

Stepping back to give Amun room to jump down, she nods to him. "I'd appreciate that. But yes, I ought to go and do my rounds. If you have any other problems, though, I'm always here."

The joys, after all, of never needing to sleep.

~FIN
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything