and from it she fled
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve
We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
This walk is so familiar now that Maeve could do it with her eyes closed. She's almost tempted to do so. If only to prove that she could. The Nightshade has plenty to bring with her. The hel in the cage, the seer cat that's no longer intent on clawing her eyes out, a story of her near death experience attempting to ride an encantado, and a footrace win to boast about. The last two at least didn't weigh her down as she climbs the stairs of the lighthouse. Maeve sets the cage containing the hel down first and releases the cat next. It mreows softly, slinking off to sniff at the candles as Maeve bends to light them, placing her offerings out next.

A trinket box decorated with mother of pearl and abalone shells, creating a pattern that almost mimics the stars that hang above Torchline, candle flames bringing the colors of the box to life. Maeve kneels, bowing her head slightly, "Safrin... I hope you're doing well since we last spoke. I thought I'd finally come regal you with my encantado story if you have the time."

Maeve is here to turn in her quest!

She has completed the following:
Have a footrace on the beach - {Training} sometimes life's okay
Catch a hel - {Training} two birds with one stone
Catch a sear cat - see a seer cat
Convince an encantado to let you ride it down the coast - guns for hire
What you gon' do when there's blood in the water?

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"I should have brought Kamaria." The goddess says, her voice sounding the way a blush looks or goosebumps feel. Appearing on the windowsill that she might be back-light by the moon. "She loves to hear about encantados." For better or worse though, it was just Safrin tonight.

Stretching out a hand both to silence the hel from making any noise lest it interrupts Maeve, but also to call the Seer cat to her, Safrin watches as the creature leaps onto her lap. Stroking behind its ears she listens to the creature's purrs and low inarticulate sounds of pleasure as she nods for Maeve to regale her with her story.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve
We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
The mention of Kamaria has her lips curling into a soft smile, "I would have loved to share it with her. I'm sure she's grown since I last saw her." Of course, that was before Safrin had aged her, but Maeve doesn't know that little detail herself. She hasn't seen Sunjata since their little run in at Frey's event, but he said nothing of Kamaria there. Did they bang? That's still up in the air.

Maeve settles on the floor across from Safrin, drawing her legs up beneath her as Aidon comes to settle beside her, dropping his head in her lap. The Nightshade presses on, not wanting to keep her waiting, "I should have you know, I'm really not the best swimmer, but I'm trying to learn." She begins, a rueful smile on her lips as she looks up at the goddess. "So the whole task was rather daunting to begin with." There is a moment of hesitation as she recalls just what happened. How she managed to accomplish the goal Safrin had given her. "I only managed it because of Sunjata. This was before I knew how he'd wronged you. What he'd done." She wants her to know that. If only to ease the goddess's mind.

"One followed him as he swam and it all just fell into place. He helped me to get onto the its back and I thought it would be pretty smooth sailing." She shakes her head, huffing out a laugh as her cheeks turn pink, "I was very wrong. It just took off and I was sure I was going to die. All I could think was 'I hope Safrin can at least see how ridiculous I look'." Maeve wrinkles her nose, adding the bit of flavor into her story for the goddess's benefit, glancing up to gauge her reaction. "I managed to hold on long enough for Sunjata to get me before I was taken out too deep, but that dolphin nearly killed me. I swear it was out for blood."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
Though Safrin's smile remains, her eyes grow dark at the mention of Sunjata's name. There is a quiver at the corner of her lips, though just what it is meant to convey is a bit of a mystery and likely not one the goddess will elaborate on. 'Bravery never looks ridiculous.' Safrin muses, blinking herself out of whatever had come over her that she might beam anew in Maeve's direction.

'Perhaps it was an attuned in disguise. A former customer of yours, angry that you were no longer available for their needs.' She suggests with a bright laugh, before shaking her head. "You have done well. I am glad that you have these experiences now. You never know when they will come in handy." Stretching out her hands for Maeve to take, the Queen will feel starlight ebb through her veins as Safrin makes good on her promise. It will feel like a lightness in her limbs, the weight of her body suddenly more easy to bear such that her movements would become more elegant and swift. It would coalesce into a bangle made of pure starlight that could be worn on a wrist or on a ankle.

Maeve has been given a
Starlight Bangle | When worn, gives the user +2 to a dexterity roll during a PQ+/KQ. One post cool-down.
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve
We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
Maeve doesn't miss the twitch of her lips or the slight darkening of her eyes. The Nightshade doesn't blame her. The mention of the demigod was sure to always rouse some sort of annoyance from the goddess. Safrin doesn't take it out on her, though. She beams down at her with nothing but pride, clearly pleased by her apparent act of bravery and Maeve returns the smile, a flush rising on her cheeks at the praise.

"Perhaps you're right. Maybe I should simply form a harem of my own to enjoy. If they're so inclined they can join there." She laughs, shaking her head at the notion along with Safrin. "Thank you, Safrin." Every time she saw the goddess she came out of it stronger. Better. Because of her she was growing and Maeve would forever be grateful for that. Maeve slips her hand into Safrin's, goosebumps rising across her skin as the starlight spreads through her veins before coalescing into a bangle around her wrist, warmth accompanying it along with newfound swiftness. "I'll be back to see you soon. We're putting the finishing touches on the fountain and Edmund has been asking to come when we're done."

It's with one last smile and a softly spoke goodbye that Maeve rises to her feet, giving the seer cat a gentle scritch under its chin, "Goodnight, Safrin. Thank you again."

~FIN <3~