Like a Leaf on the Breeze You Blew Away
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam wandered out from his house in the morning thinking how weird it was to be able to go out in the morning; he only could because of the not-sunlight of the Sparkbird providing them sanctuary in Longnight. He was just going for a walk, hoping to clear his mind and think on everything that had occurred during Longnight.

He had not particularly expected to see Remi, but his heart did a flip when he saw the man sketching by the Sparkbird. He always loved to see his love using his talents, was always impressed to see the results. Without even thinking his feet began to move towards him, smiling as he recalled how Remi had told him not to worry about their frequent seeing of each other at the moment.

When he reached him he sat down and stroked a hand over Remi's back, leaning in against his shoulder. "Hey, you." He said, a callback to what Remi had said to him at the perch only a few days ago. He glanced at Remi's drawing then tried to kiss his cheek. "That's g-good."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
remi
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

Remi was sketching.

Charcoal in hand, it was hard to capture the likeness of the mythical creature before him, but Remi wasn't so much an artist as he was merely an observer. He wasn't trying to imbue the strokes on the page with any sort of emotion or meaning, he was merely trying to record what it was he was seeing—what they were all seeing—for apparently it was a rare sight indeed.

Lost in thought as he nearly always was, the approach of the ascended did little to pull his attention away from the quick but somehow still neat strokes he was making up the page. At the feeling of a hand against him, Remi glanced over, expecting to see Vai come to remind him that he ought to eat. Seeing someone unfamiliar, never mind a man, made Remi's stomach lurch unhappily as a cold waterfall of panic descended down his spine.

Rising suddenly and unsteadily, Remi took an unbalanced step away from Sam, head leerily turned upwards and away as his pale stare fell awkwardly on Sam. Caught between his immediate desire to simply flee the situation and his natural inclination towards being polite, the alchemist forced a quick smile. "Ah, you must have me confused with someone else." Remi said, trying to dissolve the tension he felt weighty and obvious against his chest. After all, Sam had said hey you, and such words clearly could not be meant for him.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Remi?" Sam asked as he jumped up, looking around for whatever could have startled him. The Sparkbird was still sat serenely on it's perch, so it couldn't have been that. Was there someone they didn't like in the square...? Not that he could see.

Confused with someone else. Sam stared with his own confusion at that remark, wondering for a brief second if Remi had some secret twin. Oh! No. He realised what this was. It was a cute game for couples to play. An amused smile appeared on his lips and he looked Remi up and down.

"No, I-I'm pretty sure I...I know my boyfriend when I see him."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi

The colour drained entirely from Remi's face as his breath lodged uncomfortably in his throat. He felt like he couldn't breathe much less thinking properly about any of this.

His...his boyfriend?

But .. how could he even know that Remi was...and who was this man even?

The alchemist's mouth had gone entirely dry as he blinked with stupid confusion at the shorter, copper haired man so at ease before him. "I..." Remi said, but the fog of confusion and shock and shame at what this man was proposing was simply too much. Questions of how he knew the only secret that the alchemist had ever kept aside, he was certainly not Remi's boyfriend.

He didn't even know who this man was.

Perhaps much in the same way Sam's bravery had blossomed because of Remi, much of who the alchemist was came into being because of Ianto and Loren. And so, without the memories of them to have broken this habit, Remi fell easily back on it.

Feathers curled into Remi's hair as he turned suddenly. Wings sprouted from his arms, and though his take-off was by no means as graceful as it normally was, it gained the altitude he needed to swiftly fly quite literally away.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Instead of the familiar joking smile and easy tone Sam expected, Remi looked shell-shocked, responding almost as if he'd been struck. True worry bled into Sam's features then, his first inkling that something was truly wrong appearing just as Remi transformed and quite suddenly took off.

Without a moment's consideration Sam used the magic he had gained from the last time he'd drank to transform into a hawk himself, rising up and trying to follow. He was not a fantastic flyer, especially without Remi's guidance this time, but with determination he could at least keep him in eye's view.

Remi! He spoke into the other man's mind, even his silent voice sounding worried beyond belief. What's wrong, dear? Please, talk to me! At least without the filter of his mouth his words didn't stutter and stop. Is it something I did? Please. Tell me.

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

Remi had never been followed before, not like this anyways. Once upon a time Martha would relentlessly chase him through the skies, but he had always been faster. He thought he was faster even now, but as the voice of this strange man forced itself into his mind, Remi's wings beat a pace or so slower as some sort of cold and sickly feeling pulled at his stomach.

Dear? The word was like some sort of slap; a wet and lukewarm blanket on a hot day. Uncomfortable and unwanted.

Circling slightly, for hovering was not really a hawk's specialty, Remi opened the bridge of his thoughts to this strange man pursuing him through the darkened skies. You have done nothing wrong, I simply do not know who you are. Remi began, his mental voice a good deal more thickly accented, especially given his confusion. Still he was as polite as ever, though there was no familiarity in his voice now and certainly no affection.

Please, you must think I am someone that I am not. I do not know you. We are not.. together. I am not— The lie of course wouldn't come, and so Remi merely let the thought fizzle out.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

I do not know who you are. The words nearly sent Sam careening to the ground but his wings held up automatically. He knew now this wasn't a joke, but it was impossible Remi could have forgotten him, could have forgotten their laughs and smiles and nights and kisses - so this had to be Remi's way of telling him to leave. Remi's way of giving up on him, just like everyone did.

Remi...I don't...understand. He desperately shouted out, feeling the tears inside him that would come spilling out as soon as he was back as himself. Please, can we talk normally? Down on the ground? It might not be safe to be up here during Longnight. Please. I don't know what I did to make you do this but...I just want to know.

That wasn't true. He wanted to cry and scream, but knowing what slight he had committed would give him something more to cry and scream about. Gliding towards Remi as quickly as he could, he tried to get closer to ask: Why didn't you tell me this last night?

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

Sam's cry made the alchemist mentally wince, and though there was genuine concern in it, through their mental link the bookmaker would be able to feel the lack of affection or intimacy. Just the kindness of a stranger, sympathetic towards the obvious upset of another. We ...can land, but there is nothing to talk about. I am sorry. I do not know what you think, but as I said you have done nothing. I do not know you, I—

The alchemist fell mentally silent as the Sam-hawk suddenly flew towards him. Bristling, for hawks were mostly solitary creatures and his instincts were immediately unhappy at the sudden oncoming threat.

Last night? He repeated, gliding backwards and beginning to circle lower. Though through the bond Sam would feel his discomfort and desire to simply avoid this entire situation all together. Still, amenable as Remi was, if this strange argument needed to happen now, he'd allow it.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

As if the words weren't bad enough, the wave of discomfort, of indifference he suddenly got from Remi; Sam felt as if a fist had plunged into his chest and ripped out his heart, not caring enough to spare his ribs or lungs on the way - violent, ripping, bloody. Let's...land. Let me talk to you. He said, but he wasn't really considering his words. They came out without thought, but he began to fly towards his home.

Do you want your gifts back? I have them in my house. He asked, the question feeling like lead on his tongue.

He landed with a rather undignified stumble outside the door, turning to look at Remi if he had followed. "I...I c-could make you tea?" It was bizarre, a politeness out of place in the face of terror and pain, but it was automatic.

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

Beginning to descend, Remi's wings stuttered in the air as he watched his counterpart suddenly flying ... away. Well, not away, but towards something other than the ground below him. The alchemist could feel a growing sense of unease and discomfort at this entire situation.

Why would the man not just listen? Remi didn't know what it was this strange person was looking for from him, but whatever it was, the alchemist did not have the answers to the questions that he kept repeating. Even so, wearily, Remi followed.

I do not know what you are talking about. The alchemist repeated, trying to do his best to keep his voice polite, but given the mental connection between them it was hard to hide his growing frustration that this strange charade was being drawn on for so long.

Landing easily and naturally, Remi kept himself a considerable and respectful distance from the bookmaker. Without Loren and Ianto, the alchemist had never learned to be comfortable around men, always too fearful that he would do or say or somehow act in such a way as to out himself. Even in this world where such things were alright, still the alchemist kept to his fairly conservative habits. "No thank you." He replied politely with a slight dip of his head.

"Now please. I do not mean to cause you distress, but I have absolutely no idea about any of the things you have mentioned. I merely want to go back to the Rathskeller."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"D....do you remember Isla? Ji-jigano? Phoebe? Any of  th-them could tell you." Sam insisted, a sharp desperate edge in his voice. Two schools of thought warred in his mind: One that Remi was trying to push him out deliberately, and another that was filled with concern over his boyfriends sudden amnesia.

"We...we b-been through...so much. You"re R-Remi Abruzzo, you're 20, y-you l...like making things and can be a ha-hawk, lion or raccoon. And...and...d-don't run away, but...I know about Northaven and h-how they wouldn't let y-you be with men. But you want to be." Hopefully this list of facts would prove he knew Remi well, not that he was a stalker.

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

"Yes of course I remember them. " Remi replied, ruffling a hand through his hair and then setting his fingers lightly over his arms. "Tell me..what?"

Flinching visibly as the bookmaker said we have been through so much, he swallowed uncertainly. So...whoever this man was he knew Remi's age? His shifts? That he was an alchemist? That hardly proved anything. However at the mention of Northaven, and how candidly Sam simply said But you want to be, Remi took a step back, pale eyes wide.

Rather than convinced, Remi merely felt confused, and in his already exhausted-state of mind, he merely felt tired and a good deal less patient than he normally was. There were many in his life who knew that he was gay, but that didn't mean he was particularly fond of strangers just blurting it out into the cold night (or whatever time of day it was) air.

It wasn't as if he'd ever acted on it.

" Whoever you are, please stop this. I do not know what you are trying to accomplish, but.." Remi trailed off, his mind unable to find the words for this situation was simply too strange.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"They'd t-tell you about us." He whined, mouth moving as his mind couldn't believe this was happening.

As Remi began to look annoyed, he felt his heart sink further. This was all of his worst nightmares. Someone who finally could love him leaving, social pressure, people being angry at him. He tried to stomp down the rising bile and fear, blink away the tears.

"I...I'm sorry. But I c...can't gi-give up. Not on this. If...if you want a...c-c-calmer discussion, let...let's go to the R-Rathskellar together and talk. Please. "

If Remi didn't remember anything, he'd have to tell the story from the beginning... something occurred to him. "My name is S-Samuel."

Samuel
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind
All of these words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

At the word us, the alchemist stepped back horrified.

He....

They..?

No. It couldn't be. Remi had never

Without the memories of Ianto and Loren to make any of this feel alright or even remotely possible, with memories of caves and soothing words and their relationship growing, the alchemist only felt distant sympathy for the red-hair as he whined sadly. But in truth, Sam was not his type. Having never been with a man before (that he remembered) he couldn't be sure of course, but looking at the sad and tearful bookmaker now only made Remi vaguely uncomfortable. He felt terrible that he seemed to be the cause of Sam's distress, but he was mostly overcome with the things that Sam was saying.

Things like us.

"I am meant to be helping Vai." He started, pausing only to nod politely as the bookmaker introduced himself. With a perfunctory sort of bow, Remi forced a fleeting smile onto his lips before taking another step backwards. "A pleasure to meet you Samuel. But I really should be getting back. There is much to do, even when LongNight ends."