Mini Event within moments
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005

In Stormbreak the letter found Noah at the end of training with Ronin (what will be this thread). The hunter ripped into it quickly and with his breath caught between his lips. Sah's handwriting was rushed, but its familiarity made it easy enough to read. Noah didn't have any time to explain anything to Ronin except that he was being called to Halo. He grabbed his jack from Frey and his fingertips found his compass. Taking in a breath, he felt the cold air rush over him.

The Citadel formed around him and the breath that Noah had been holding burst from his lungs like fire from a dragon. Firm, steady feet carried him towards the Council Hall. The guards outside stepped aside easily, one even letting a broad smile rip across his face as Noah approached. Noah clapped the man on his shoulder as he entered the big, wooden doors. Glacier eyes swept across the corridor before he lifted his chin and let his voice ring forward, "Sah!"halo

Noah Olson

cold in the violence after the war
hope is a fire to keep us warm
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

He’d taken no time at all – bag of holding over his shoulder, companions following alongside, snagging at Cordelia, and leaving a note on the door of the guild. There would be other moments to put together loose ends and frayed strands – the current ones were too precious, too few.

Then it was wings and thunderbird reaches and scanning the sky for mountains he hadn’t seen in nearly a year.

And all the while, a hollowed, echo tune in the back of his mind. Morgan was dead.

Never one to analyze feelings, he had a difficult time measuring why there was a mixture of relief, melancholy, and something like sadness. Maybe because they’d once been friends and allies. Maybe because once she’d helped pick him up in the middle of the Tundra, when he should’ve been perished too. Maybe because he figured that wasn’t how she would’ve wanted to go out – struck down by a monster, and left out in the Whitebrim.

He placed the notions aside, and focused on the traversing, on the arctic winds sweeping across his face, about familiarity and the summits beckoning him home – winter in his blood and bone and soul.

There was no telling how long it took them to arrive; not in their haste. He only ceased when they arrived at the Citadel’s gates, landing from massive bird to man, Belial coasting in alongside, Zuriel running with Cordelia. Thereafter, it was the breath of Siberian air filling his lungs, and the slight smile etched on his features. He tilted his head, a beckoning for Cordelia as well, so that they could march down the streets, down towards the Council Hall.

A nod was delivered to the same guards, and the footpaths taken directed them towards familiarity all over again. “Noah,” to which he patted the man on the shoulder. “Sah,” as another greeting.
it's not the waking, it's the rising
It's the fire it ignites
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
My head's a burial ground of your memory
While Hotaru does not shy away from the notion of death or murder, she does not celebrate the news of Morgan’s. While her own hand may have once itched to do it, she does not find excitement in the loss of a powerful and respectable woman. However she does not dawdle in her return either. With hasty kisses pressed to her twins’ foreheads she departs on tawny wing, far surer in her venture over the mountains than the first time she’d done it.

Arriving on the heels of Deimos and Cordelia, she sweeps inside the council hall in a flurry of long golden hair and the icy draft that sneaks through the heavy doors. Pink-cheeked and bright-eyed but serious, the regal ice to her expression melts into a rare warmth. These people - save Cordelia, who she does not have the pleasure of knowing - are all safe individuals whom she trusts with the rarity of her emotions. Advancing past Deimos with her habitual squeeze to his elbow, she brings Sah into a shameless but brief hug. He has been dealing with this monumental news alone, and she is proud of his sharp thinking and lack of hesitation.

“What do we know as of now?” she asks calmly, compartmentalizing. The joy over returning to Halo can wait. There is far more serious news to discuss.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Coredelia

They couldn't leave fast enough. Home. The thought had seemed so far away. So unsure. She didn't think they'd be able to return so soon. Not all together. Not like this. The death of Morgan was a tragedy even if the hunter didn't agree with the steps the woman had taken. She didn't celebrate the loss of life. That wasn't the type of person she was. No, it was the news that they could finally return to where they were meant to be that had her burning with excitement.

As soon as they come to a stop she is quick to dismount from that back of Deimos's companion, whispering a soft thanks before nearly sprinting inside, pushing the doors open with more force than necessary in her sheer excitement. Honey eyes fall on Noah first, always drawn to him whenever he's nearby, but they quickly find Sah next. Her smile is instant as she rushes to her cousin, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she lets out a breath of relief.

The Attuned doesn't linger there. Especially not when Noah is within arms reach. He's next. Slender arms circle his neck and she strains up on her tip toes to be even with him, pressing a kiss to his lips that's brief despite the emotion behind it, flaring brightly along the bond. "Welcome home." She whispers, grinning as she draws back, staying at his side to finally face Hotaru, knowing her from her previous position as Warden, but not much else. "Prepare to hold a vote. That's the way it's always been done and that's what we'll do now."
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting for you
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah whipped around at the familiar voice, formerly furrowed brows relaxing as he grinned. "Noah." With quick strides he met the man halfway and pulled him into a tight hug. "Why am I not surprised to see you've arrived first?" He'd missed the Dem-god and his never-ending warmth. The Abandoned really needed it today.

And then Deimos walked in and Sah pulled himself back from Noah to latch onto the Sword instead. Figures this would be the first time he hugged the man. "Good to see you, Deimos." Training in the barracks had felt empty since the hybrid had left and Sah was sure that the soldiers would be ecstatic at his return.

Hotaru is next and her hug is returned just as eagerly, "Missed you."  Sah whispered before pulling back as Cordelia busted in. Hs cousin's enthusiasm is infectious and Sah found himself laughing as he placed a kiss to the top of her head, "Missed you too."

Hugs given, Sah turned towards his family, "Welcome home, all of you." Halo had been empty without them, colder inside the Citadel then on the tundra. The stress and exhaustion of the past few hours tinted his words with exhaustion, "Halo has missed you."

Gesturing for the others to sit, Sah took a spot at the council table and got right to work. "There's a few things. Morgan's funeral preparations are just about complete. We also need to send a scouting team to Whitebrim to ensure that whatever killed her is gone. Nothing is really known about it and her body was only just recognizable."

He then nodded at Cordelia, "And yes. We need to vote. I've already let the citizens know that there will be a vote held in the coming days, so I imagine they're already thinking on it. It might be a good idea to spend some time with the people and let them know that you're back before we hold the vote."

Otherwise, some idiot was likely to vote for him and Sah would scream.
To lead is to love,
To rule is to serve
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Everyone, it seems, came to Sah's call. Apparently the letter was not for Noah alone. He wasn't surprised by this at all, but joy and gratitude filled his breast as each of them came bursting through the doors. Each of them received their own personalized greeting from him, and he kept is arm around Cordelia's waist after their kiss. "There is probably a lot to cover. Let's sit." Noah turned and gestured at the long table each of them had taken a place at before.

Noah led the migration and, once settled, began working through the flooding thoughts in his mind. He took a deep breath before starting, the breath pushing down his emotions as he exhaled. "I would like to see her." Morgan, that was. His eyes stayed on Sah through the statement, even as he shifted slightly in his chair. "Morgan and I may not have seen eye to eye, but it is important to honor her memory. In her youth, before she fell victim to the ploys of the Voice, she dedicated her life to protecting the people of Halo like her family before her." Noah looked to each of them then, ready to defend his position should anyone take the opposite side as him. Then, he moved on.

Pulling Sah's letter from his jacket pocket, Noah unfolded it and set it on the table before him. He let his hands run over the dry parchment to hold it down, and scanned it over once more. "You mentioned in this letter that Morgan was killed by a monster. Do you have any idea of what exactly happened to her?" It was part of the reason Noah wanted to see her body. From his experience, dragons never left a carcass behind. Not the dragons he had seen take hunters off the tundra, or the dragon that took Weaver from them. It could have been an ursur, or even a frost giant, but the Sentinel couldn't be sure.

"You also wrote that Neron is missing. How have you confirmed this? With his lover falling victim to something in the tundra, I'm suspect that he might have gone to Hollowed Grounds to round up his own search party." It was speculation, but from what Noah knew of Neron, it didn't seem out of the question. "I'm hesitant to want to send out our own people if there are Ascended out there looking for vengeance."

Noah Olson

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Greetings and hugs and gatherings amidst – permitting himself the allowance of several moments of peace and repose, back in Citadels and halls, wrapping arms around friends, before the machinations came full center.

The Sword took a seat, listening all the while to the information Sah and Noah projected. “What do you need for the funeral?” He supposed it depended on the style of arrangement – he’d only known pyres or air burials amongst Halo’s citizens. The massacre itself seemed suspicious, but the Sentinel covered that quickly, Deimos only following it with an arch of his brow. No need to dwell on the voting components or elections either. They all knew how those worked.

Neron, however, could be an altogether different issue. “He has the ability to be rendered invisible.” Which meant, in reality, he could be anywhere. Another notion spiraled against his mind, striving to put all the frameworks necessary. “You said Halo was working on some defenses. Have those been completed?” Because that could mean a multitude of things if they had some vengeful Ascended headed their way – again.
It's the fire it ignites
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Coredelia

The warmth that spreads through her chest is tangible and she doesn't bother to keep it from spreading through the bond that connects them all save for Sah. She lingers in her cousin's embrace for a moment longer before she makes her way towards Noah, pressing close to his side as his arm wraps around her waist, keeping her flush to him. She doesn't deny him the affection, willing to linger there as long as they're able to despite present company, but they're quickly moving to sit instead.

She finds a spot at his side before anyone can dare to get between them, taking his hand in hers as he begins to speak, honey eyes flicking between him and Deimos. "I can scout in Whitebrim. No one would suspect my Luxere shift if there was anyone out there waiting." It was a possibility that the Ascended would hold their own little investigation, but she was doubtful there would be much follow through on their part.
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting for you
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Hotaru
My head's a burial ground of your memory
Sah’s murmured words have her pressing a brushed kiss to his temple, fond. Then she parts to allow his cousin to embrace him. The warmth that emanates from the only stranger to Hotaru mingles with the general internal and external camaraderie, though Hotaru shamelessly cuts herself off entirely from the woman. It’s not personal - she simply doesn’t know her. Though it’s clear she and Noah are enamored with each other, the entire situation surrounding them does not encourage her to let her guard down. Which is why she’d grateful when gravity returns with information and shared concerns. Hotaru does not have much to add frankly. They are all experienced with Halo’s intricacies, and have some form of leadership experience amongst nearly all of them.

“I can fly as well to scout.” The offer is there, to be taken and utilized if desired. “Noah and Deimos should stay and attend to funeral arrangements with Sah. Noah knows the rituals best, and both should be present in case Neron returns or unrest breaks out. I can go with Cordelia, that way nobody is alone.” Until the uncertainty has passed, there’s no sense in thinning their numbers or being alone. Not when they are well known as the individuals who had ousted Morgan. “It may be a risk, but it’s one we may have to take.” And frankly Ru trusts her own verbal diplomacy more than her beloved but stoic friends in attendance if they really do encounter riled up Ascended.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah waited till the others had gotten all of their questions out before he spoke. He had no arguments whatsoever with what Noah had said about Morgan. Despite her flaws, the woman was worthy of a proper farewell.

"I don't know exactly what killed her. I'm not even sure why she was out there in Whitebrim But from what I could tell from the scene whatever killed her was something large. Four paws, large claws, and feathers. There's a feather in the other room where we are keeping her. I can show it to you when I bring you." He explained to Noah with a nod in the direction of the door.

"As for Neron, when I say missing, I don't mean 'send a search party' missing. I meant that no one seems to know where he is and that normal means of contacting him have failed. His bar and belongings are all right where he left them, and nothing even seems to be obviously missing. Who knows if he'll show up in a day or two, but even those who I reached out to didn't seem to know his exact whereabouts." Hell, Wessex didn't seem to know for certain where he'd wandered off to if her letter had been accurate.

Sah paused, "You have a point. It's possible that he'll want to look for himself, but I think we should be ok. Since I was on Morgan's council, I'm probably not on the Ascended's watch list so to speak. If I ran into them, there likely wouldn't' be trouble." Halo as a whole was still technically neutral at the moment anyway. Even if that was going to change as soon as the vote happened.  

Noah's concern's addressed, Sah turned to Deimos. "I don't know Halo's customs for funerals so help with that would be great. Some have brought up a pyre, flowers, and food. Any help in making that happen would be appreciated." The mention of Frey's quest made the Abandoned shake his head with frustration. "No. This interrupted it entirely. We'll likely have to come up with some other means of increasing Halo's defenses or talk to Frey again about the initial plan."

When Cordelia spoke, Sah turned to her with a nod, "That sounds like a better plan then mine." Then Hotaru volunteered to go as well, and the temporary Warden gave her a nod of gratitude. He'd feel a lot better if his cousin wasn't alone. And his fellow lightning wielder would certainly keep her safe.

It seemed they had a plan forming. "That sounds solid. So, Noah, Deimos, and I handle the funeral and other manners here. Cordelia and Hotaru scout Whitebrim for any sign of the monster's return. Does that sound good to everyone or does someone have any other ideas to bring up?" This entire situation was a bit delicate, so he was all ears.
To lead is to love,
To rule is to serve
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye entered Halo not knowing that the leader would never read his letter. He hoped to get an audience with the leadership. But when he saw that the mood was very depressed, he asked a passerby to explain what was happening. Darkeye went in the direction of the people who were talking to each other. He beheaded himself briefly. "I am sorry to disturb you. I came here to meet with the leaders of the city of Halo. I didn't know about the circumstances. I am very sorry for your loss and I apologize for coming without a burial gift. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I am Darkeye, call me if you need me." Darkeye did not want to appear rude. He stood further away and wanted to give the people room to mourn. He said a prayer to Kor and to the gods of his world and this world to clear the way for the soul of the deceased.
each for one sin
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Cordelia and Hotaru, as brave as ever, volunteered to go together to inspect. As much as Noah wanted to tell them no, to make them stay here, he also knew better and that the two women would then venture out on their own, without him knowing. "Briefly. Quietly." Were his only instructions given to them, looking at them each firmly as he said it.

When Deimos and Sah spoke up about defenses, Noah straightened some in his seat. "What is it that you were working on? What else needs to be done?" Noah asked Sah, raising a brow in question. With Frey, Noah didn't see why the citizens of Halo could not continue on their endeavor. he wasn't sure that they needed to convene with the herald again, but in case they did, Noah would be ready. "I know Frey." He said, a firmness to his voice that was intended to give confidence to those gathered here.

The interruption happened quickly and made Noah rise from his chair. He looked at the stranger with all emotion drained from his face, a mirror to the mountains Darkeye would have seen upon his arrival. "Thank you for your condolences. I am Noah. We will be voting for new leadership in the days to come, but I would be willing to speak with you after this meeting, if you would like."

Noah Olson

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Truth be told, Deimos had zero desire to go out and search for Neron’s whereabouts anyway. Any opportunity to lay waste or siege to the useless Ascended would be aptly appreciated, but he wasn’t a primary concern at the moment. Thereafter though, he nodded at his indication to assist with the funeral arrangements, and though other inquiries piled along the back of his mind (what of the Kraai, of Whitebrim), it was likely to be solved at another point in time, when they’d dug their own claws and roots back into the ice.

And then Darkeye’s appearance caused him to shift slightly, tilting his head, having not expected to see the elder man. He addressed the crowd though, as Noah paralleled the juncture with the war priest. “Do we want to move forward with what we have now, and reconvene later?”
It's the fire it ignites
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Once again, Deimos spoke up with wisdom. Noah nodded to the warrior and stood from his chair. "There is much to do. All of you who have returned should find a place to settle in once more, be it with friends or family. If you need help establishing somewhere for you to be, let me know, and I will gladly help. Darkeye, Sah and I have business to attend to, but if you'll be patient with us, I am sure either of us will be glad to hear you out." Noah stepped back from his chair and pushed it back in to the table. He set his hand on Cordelia's shoulder for a moment before nodding to Sah, ready for the once-wolf to show him to where Morgan was being kept before her funeral.

FIN

Noah Olson