Isla Lockwood
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Hello Isla,

I will keep this brief so it remains legible. There is a seasonal diety beneath the sands of the sunshine pools in Hak Etme. He seems weak, but very much alive (if not a little grumpy). Safrin placed a well of starlight that connects the surface down to the cave he is in, so that he might be watered. Apparently this is all it needs to regain its strength.

You might know all of this, as Ronin and I ran into Wessex and Nate. After Wessex's...display in Stormbreak, Ronin was not willing to let her go without a fight but she and Nate disappeared. The same might happen again should they run into one another, just as a word of caution.

See you soon?

-R
the lullaby
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we're always running scared but holding knives
Hello Remi,

You always know how to make a girl feel special in a letter.

Thank you for the information, I wasn't aware of anything regarding a seasonal deity. I'm not sure how much help the Ascended will be given that it's the desert (and we have a nifty trick when we're left out in the sun too long, don't you know), or whether they'd be willing to stray so far from home in the circumstances, but I was a doctor before I was an Ascended. I'll see that the information gets out there.

I'd like to see you soon, but I'm worried after hearing what happened at the Cordillera with Mabel and the Voice. I've asked Cal if he can drop by and speak to you, to see if there's some way we can meet without you being at risk of... you know. Death.

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Is my writing really that bad that you would send Cal instead of writing with me? Maybe I can find a pen small enough that Oria can take over.

I do appreciate not wanting to kill me, but it feels...strange, to say the least, to speak with your boyfriend about the best way for us to be near one another given all that has happened.

Be well.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Your writing is perfectly charming, thank you very much. I just thought you might have preferred to be able to speak quickly, rather than waiting for a letter. But if you are happy to write and happy to wait (who are you? gasp) then I would much rather correspond this way. Perhaps I can begin making stationary as a hobby?

I am worried, though. About being near you, since all that happened with Mabel. I am worried about speaking with the Voice about it, too. Do you think Ludo might be able to advise you on how best to proceed?

nO u Be WeLL

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Hmm, would I rather write to you, or speak with your boyfriend? I am surprised you are even asking. Perhaps we could start one of those one-sentence stories? I will go first:

In a land far, far away, there was a raccoon.

I can speak with Ludo though I can already predict what it will say: kill her before she kills you, or some variation of 'cut ties'. For the record, I am not inclined to do either.

make me, remedy.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Included with this letter is a special blend of tea, intended as a sleep aid. A small note is tucked inside it, reading: For Getting Well

How do you know you wouldn't enjoy it? Cal is quite a handsome man, you know. And good conversation, too. A story sounds fun though:

The raccoon was best friends with a little girl.

Ah, that is a shame about Ludo. You are right, though - I ought to expect as much. Perhaps there is a neutral party we could approach? I know you dislike Frey, but they do seem to be the most forgiving of the Old Gods. Either that, or maybe your new friend in the well could help.

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Isla,

The snack you sent along did not taste good and was far too small proportionwise. I cannot help but wonder if being a leader is taking up too much of your time such that your medical skills are suffering. I can help with that, you know.

Together they would put on puppet shows and watch shooting stars.

I would just as soon leave my new friend alone. I know what it is like to be bothered unnecessarily. I suppose we just need to set about making me un-love you.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Remi,

Medicine is not always intended to taste good. That is how you know it is working. Besides, how would you intend to help with any of that? I didn't realise that you had become a doctor in your old age.

And every day when the sun rose, the raccoon would sleep and the girl would go home to her family.

Well, I suppose I could go and speak to Frey on our behalf, but you have made me wary with your stories. If I had to make you un-love me, though, I suppose I ought to start with something good. How's this?

Your gin tastes terrible.

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Isla,

I am not sure I believe you. All the remedies I have tried in the past have left me wanting more. No, no, I have not become a doctor, but I am still a very good patient. The implication was that perhaps you needed some practice.

They only saw one another during dusk or dawn, when the world was quiet and still, and held the promise of endless hours of play.

I do have a new gin you should try. It is made from the berries of a rather fascinating bush. Sadly I still love you, despite your mechanical taste buds.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Remi,

Are you sure those were remedies and not poisons, then? Regardless, too much of anything can be problematic - even medicines. But I will never turn down the opportunity to hone my practice. Once we've decided how to make you un-love me, I'll be more than happy to welcome you as a patient in my infirmary.

But one day, the girl did not come to play.

That is a shame about the tastebuds, though. (Not the love - I can't deny that I still find that sweet). What kinds of bushes have you been burying your face in, pray tell?

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Isla,

Well, you are the expert not me. All I know is that that taste of them made my heart race and made me feel capable of doing anything. I have heard some say they experience a high from running that seems close to this sort of euphoria, but I cannot say that running has ever made me feel the way that particular medicine ever has.

The raccoon waited and waited, willing the dawn to bring with it her smile and yellow hair.

It was quite by mistake, I assure you. For purely scientific reasons, I wonder if they would have the same effects on you that they did on me.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
My, my Remi. I did not realise you could wax so poetic about medicine. Perhaps you are a doctor at heart after all. Were it not for the complications of our current situation, I'd be keen to perform a check-up on you - remedies ought not have such a profound effect on you, and I'm worried there might be something wrong.

Just when all seemed lost, the girl did appear, bringing with her a large slice of birthday cake for them to share, for she had been called away to a party!

For me to answer that, I would have to try them for myself. And you mustn't tell me the effect they had, because then I will form a bias. And that would not be very scientific of us, would it?

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Isla,

Is that what I was doing? I thought I was merely describing my symptoms. All I know is that this remedy became more potent with continued exposure. I always thought that strange, since the high fades quickly with most drugs, doesn't it?

In his heart of hearts the raccoon never gave up on the girl, knowing that he would wait for her no matter how long it took; friends, like cake, are always worth waiting for.

I wouldn't think of sullying our results. Let me see if I have any leftover and I will send them along shortly.

-R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Well if that is the case, I will be sure to keep a log of your symptoms. And one day, when you un-love me or I manage to strike a deal with Frey for us to be able to see each other again, I will hopefully be able to give you a proper diagnosis. Until then, though, I must warn you that what you are describing is more like an addiction or a dependency.

...Also I can't keep going after that stellar ending to our story. Thank you for playing with me.

If I had breath, I'd be waiting with it bated for your gift to arrive.

~ Isla
Isla