Isla Lockwood
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
I suppose you would know, as both a doctor and an ascended. I am afraid I am dependent on many things—oxygen and food come to mind—though if I say I need this remedy I think you will just accuse me of being overly dramatic or poetic again.

Anytime.

Well it is good that you haven't, because it requires a trip to the Oerwoud. A trip that perhaps I will take in three days, arriving just as the moon rises.

-R
the lullaby
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
we're always running scared but holding knives
You? Dramatic? Remi, I could never. It is not up to me what you choose to take or for what reason - it only concerns me when it might be ruining your health. Unless waxing poetic is suddenly an indication of poor nutrition or addiction to medicine, I think you might be alright for a while. (I'd still like to do that check-up, though).

Three days just as the moon rises, hm? Be sure to pass through the Wishtide Waterways - you may just find something there that will interest you.

And if Remi does decide to go to the jungle three days' hence, he will find along the waterways a very carefully (and brightly) wrapped gift with his name on it. Within, he will find a package of chocolate truffles on a bed of snow moss to keep them cool, a delicately crafted windchime for the doorway of the houseboat, and another paper parcel of tea.
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
(The beginning of the note, from what you can read through all the dark scratches, seems to have been a thank-you for the items left in the jungle).

Isla,

4 members of the Hollowed Grounds attacked Stormbreak and nearly killed my husband. I'm sure you know this by now.

(more things scratched out)

Anything I should know before I draw my own conclusions about the state of things between us all?

~R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi,

I have heard. My understanding is that it wasn't something done with any calculated effort or forethought - this was a kneejerk response to a member of the Order killing Samuel. I believe Gideon also died in the scuffle.

I am sorry for what happened to the Tower and with Ronin, but I am also grieving for the friends I have lost - Sam and Edy both. This is not a line I expected to have to cross this soon.

~ Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
That is not good enough, Isla. Not when the line has been so dramatically crossed, as you say.

It was your general who led this attack. Your general who is solely responsible for the death of dozens in Stormbreak, and nearly Ronin's death as well. Kneejerk reaction or not, given Wessex's position and the fact that the attack was carried out by members of the Hollowed Grounds, there is no way to understand this that is not political. Who was there even to attack in Stormbreak, if Gideon was already dead, and Cian killed before that?

No one. Just innocent civilians.
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
If there is no way to understand that this is not political, Remi, then I will await Stormbreak's response directly if it is all the same to you.

Unless you have given up leadership of the Greatwood or have allied yourself directly with Stormbreak, this has nothing to do with the forest or its interests.

For the record, though, that is not good enough hardly changes what has already happened. And you ought not use the moral argument of innocent civilians - you have spent far too long convincing everyone that you don't care about them.
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It is not all the same to me Isla, nor do I appreciate your duchess treatment of your letters. This is serious and it seems as if you are giving it all the attention of some ball invitation.

Wessex killed people I care about. Nearly killed Ronin. She is your general and lives inside of your borders, which does make this a you-and-I problem as I do not intend to let that stand.

FoR ThE ReCord, just because I do not care to befriend everyone I meet or jump to their aid does not mean they deserve to innocently die. I am shocked that you would try and justify death simply because I have been known to be cold.
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Believe me, Remi, were this not being taken seriously, it would not be dignified with a response. And I would thank you to keep your prejudices to yourself - my prior standing as a duchess has no bearing on this current state of affairs.

Gideon killed people I care about. Ronin killed people I care about. Unfortunately, the former bit off more than he could chew and died before I could write Stormbreak a letter like yours, demanding justice and retribution.

Because you are correct, Remi. It is not good enough. Continually starting fights and not expecting any retribution is not good enough.

Forgive me for assuming your feelings on the matter - or is it that innocent civilians only deserve to die when fluid runs in their veins instead of blood?
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Then feel free to speak to me like someone you know very well and not like some political correspondent.

Sounds like Gideon killed Sam and Sam killed Gideon. If this is about tallying up the numbers, that should have evened things out. Ronin killed those who attacked him, which is not the same.

You know that is not true. Do you think trying to hurt my feelings is going to make any of this better?
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Is this a political matter, then, or isn't it?

As a political correspondent, I have already explained that I was not aware of what happened, that it wasn't something that went through a democratic process - just as I imagine that what Gideon did (which, I remind you, initiated this entire matter) was not done with Stormbreak's knowledge.

As someone who knows you well, I have already told you how sorry I am to hear about what happened to Ronin, and to the Tower and to all of those people whose lives have been changed by it.

And as both, I still can't change any of it.

You wrote your letter gunning for a fight - it's a little late to ask not to hurt feelings.
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It is both.

Gideon's was an attack on a person, though from what I have heard, no one quite knows what happened or who started what. The ascended attacked a city.

As someone who knows me well, you know that a sorry is not what I want.

I disagree. Petty insults neither hurt my feelings nor do they at all justify the lives lost. As I said, just because I am an asshole does not change the fact that your people now have a death toll of innocents in the dozens.

(There is a big gap in the paper)

Are we still friends?

Y           or            N
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
(The letter is returned with a large circle drawn around the Y)

Of course we are still friends, Remi. I wish I were just your friend and nothing else right now - then things would be much easier to deal with.

I will speak to Wessex further regarding what happened. You know as well as I do, though, that for all that I am to the Hollowed Grounds, I can no sooner make her do something than I could make Ronin do something.

What kind of penance can justify the death of civilians? For what it's worth, I can and I will do something on behalf of the Hollowed Grounds for Stormbreak. Though I don't know how it will be received at this point.

~Isla
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
(tear marks stain the page)

Ronin is the leader of Stormbreak now, for what that is worth.

I love you, Isla. I hate this.

I miss seeing you very much.

~R
the lullaby
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Maybe there's hope, then, for at least a few of us.

I miss you too, Remi.

I wish we could see each other.

And I'm so, so sorry for everything that's happening.

I love you.

~ Isla
Isla