Key Quest Ligma
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Don't come over and don't be too good to me
I'm not proud of it, please, but i want it to sting
Maybe he should be more affected by the explosion. By the death of a woman he’d counted as family. Maybe he will when (if) he gets out of this, because right now all there is is rage screaming out of Nate’s throat and a fine thread of rationality that has him shooting a crackling tendril out towards Amun, connecting them to try and prevent any more casualties.

Not that he intends to give Ronin any target other than himself. “Look at you, big fucking man, killing girls!” Can the Demi-god even hear him? Does it really matter? All he wants is Ronin on the ground. “Big fucking hero, huh!?” The screaming is punctuated with more rubble being thrown around, Nate not caring if it hits the other Demi-god or not, and though he tries to avoid aiming anything too close to the civilians (why don’t they fucking leave?) they are not his priority.

Nate links himself with Amun and throws more rubble around, trying to draw Ronin down

Magic: Damage Sponge | Nate creates an intrinsic link between himself and one other person, represented by a beam of ethereal lightning. Whilst linked, damage taken by the recipient is halved and shared with Nate for one post, for a distance of up to 30ft. The ability has a one post cooldown, and when cast, will remain active until damage is sustained.

Magic: Finger in Everything | Nate possesses the ability to create four extra arms in the same style as the Voice’s holograms. The arms share Nate's strength stat and can be summoned/dismissed at will. They are able to reach a radius of 30ft.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered

Magic: Demi-gods Disadvantage (FEAT) | Demi-gods roll at a disadvantage against Nate
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Magic: Fire Dodge (FEAT) | Rolls with advantage against fire attacks
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Leather Jacket | A leather jacket that can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer. Can be used again after a two post cool-off period. (Made by Deimos)

i dunno if star stuff counts as fire but ᖍ(ツ)ᖌ
warm blood, baby, fuck a little separation, why should i deny myself
god, i'm unwell, must be a weak man, hurts like hell, just what i needed
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
an eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth
a knife for the ribs
Newsflash, Nate. Ronin's known Edrei Launceleyn for even longer than you have - and he'd considered her a friend before she even knew you existed. So snarling taunts can't make him feel worse than he already does as he watches the dragon become a girl, and the girl become a ball of fire and chaos in the moment of her death.

Death, though. It's always death, one way or another, but today it's come right onto his doorstep, into the place where his son lives. So even as three blazing bolts of light appear and whip away towards Amun, Ronin looks down at the raving demigod below. "You've got a lot to say when you're not choking on Sunjata's cock," he remarks.

Ronin throws some shade at Nate and some starbolts at Amun!

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: FEAT| Live-Wire | Ascended roll with disadvantage against Ronin
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Magic: FEAT | Static | Rolls with advantage against Ascended

For hitting & killing Edy, the following feats may now apply:

Magic: FEAT | Untouchable | If Ronin deals a killing blow, he cannot be targeted for the next combat round.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
RONIN
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
The bolts struck true and Edrei fell from the tower. Then there was an explosion that rattled the whole tower and then she was just…gone. Amun shrieked his rage at Ronin, at yet another senseless death. ”NO!” the potter screamed.
Still, he knew when he was outmatched. At this point he was just another target to the Huntsman.

Hunkering down, he sent a quick thought to Wessex. I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have come. Moving, he attempted to put the Tower between himself and Ronin. At the same time, Amun activated the compass that the Wraith had given him in case it all went sideways to try and get back to the Hollowed Ground. This certainly fucking qualified as sideways.

Amun tries to put the Tower between himself and Ronin. At the same time, Amun activates the Capital Compass to try and teleport to the Hollowed Ground.

Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Capitol Compass | Can travel to the political hubs in all settled lands.

Citizenship Ability
The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Wessex
some turn to dust or to gold, but you will remember me
If the civilians haven’t run by now, it’s their own damn fault and they can no longer be her priority.

Her target falls and something invisible presses against her eyes with enough intensity that she can feel it, causing her to paw awkwardly at her face. The light of more starbolts, however, draws her attention and she watches as Amun leaves - doing exactly what she’d hoped he do if given the opportunity, but there’s no time to respond to his apology - and her gaze bounces immediately to who’s left: Nate. And Ronin of course.

Shrinking down to her much smaller, many-tailed shape Wessex sends a mental shout to Nate. Just you and me again. I'm coming to hide us, look for the fox, while bounding towards him, to hopefully get within Illusion range. Once she’s close enough, she'll hide the real Nate and herself, sending fake!Nate, arms and all, towards the door of the Order’s tower, hoping that it might draw Ronin’s fire next time.

------------------

Wessex shifts into the Kitsune and tries to get within 30 ft of Nate. If successful, she'll cloak the two of them and send the illusion of a FAKE!NATE, arms and all, towards the Tower's door.

Kitsune Ability | Mastered illusion

Magic: Healing | Minor cuts/abrasions/bruising heal nearly instantly. More severe injuries (broken bones, muscle tears, etc) heal at 75% the speed. During PQ+/KQs, heals at mastered levels, with a chance to heal instantly depending on injury/luck.
(I am not sure how quickly this would work in the background, or whatever, so putting it in just in case)

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Art Credit

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
key quest

Lightning sizzles between Nate and Amun, hopefully tempering anything that might come the ascended's way. As more rubble is thrown, if any lingering civilians are stupid enough to remain, let's just say they're going to get what's coming to them and then some.

Starbolts rain down from Ronin towards the ascended, striking Amun squarely in the chest. The ascended's circuits as well as Nate's will register the damage as Nate's damage sponge disappears. It's at this point Amun begins to try and move around the Tower. He won't make it even half way, but with his compass activated, he's gone before anything else can happen.

A woman in the crowd becomes a kitsune, rushes towards Nate and seems to disappear, while Doc Oc Nate appears to move towards the entrance to the Tower.

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

**Please take into account distances and feel free to ask in your group chat if you have questions about where anyone is.

You have 24 hours to reply. Your randomly chosen posting order is: Nate, Ronin, Wessex

Edy: 0/126 (**Killed by Ronin for levelling)
Nate:  413/500
Wessex: 597/627
Amun: 81/168

Ronin: 617/672
Abraham: 0/45 (** Killed by Wessex for levelling)
The Tower: 687.5/1000

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
More stars come raining down, this time on them, and Nate feels the impact even if they don’t strike him. “I had to make  sure I got Safrin’s cunt stink off it!” Nate shouts, ignoring his systems screaming at him and glancing towards Amun just long to ensure he’s still on his feet, still moving. “That bitch is clingy.” The laugh that leaves him is borderline hysterical, a joyless sound crashing out of his throat, his head tipping in the direction of the crowd, Wessex’s mental voice dropping the grin on his face into a snarl.

I’m not leaving. He thinks back immediately. I want to fucking hurt him. The word hurt twists with the word kill in his mental voice, but he goes along with Wessex’s plan for the moment, letting himself be hidden by… whatever it is she does, and watching the fake him rush into the tower. We can get the drop on him. No matter what they do, he tries to prep himself, activating his healing link and letting it sit on his skin, just so he doesn’t need to think about it later.

Nate screams back at Ronin, and activates his healing link on himself

Magic: Bittersweet | On a single turn, Nate can mark an ally who is within 30ft. Any damage done by Nate on that turn is also counted as healing for the ally marked. The mark disappears after use. Requires a 1-post cool down.
Type: Dark | Rank: Basic

Magic: Demi-gods Disadvantage (FEAT) | Demi-gods roll at a disadvantage against Nate

Leather Jacket | A leather jacket that can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer. Can be used again after a two post cool-off period. (Made by Deimos)
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
a knife for the ribs
Ronin tilts his head at that, but he's got bigger problems than a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. With wings spread wide and the world bathed in lamplight and moonlight, he's vaguely aware of the chaos that continues all around, the people running, the destruction of the Tower at his back.

Amun doesn't reappear, but he doesn't know that the Ascended is gone. Ronin doesn't know how many of them there are, in fact - he could be vastly outnumbered here. They could be all over the city. And it causes his pulse to quicken, much as he tries to keep himself calm, because whatever he might be, there's still only one of him.

Technically, anyway. When something that looks like a fox approaches Nate, disappears, and then the Ascended begins to walk towards the doors, Ronin summons his projection to come and meet him. He's none the wiser as to the illusion at work, but he's also safest up here for now.

"Gods, I hate to admit when I'm in over my head," he mutters into the night air, "but Safrin, I really need you right now. Stormbreak is in trouble, and I don't know how much I can do alone."

Ronin summons his projection to meet Nate at the door and calls out for help from Safrin. I'd like to also use his birthday gift, please!

Be the Hero - To be used during a PQ+ or KQ. Will turn the tides of an encounter in your favour and make your character the hero!

Magic: Astral Projection | Ronin can project a version of himself into another location. He can see, hear and speak in this space, and he can affect it physically, including combat situations. If the astral projection is damaged, it can no longer physically affect the space. He may only project as far as the sub-boards adjacent to his physical location - and only if he has previously visited the board.

From hitting Amun last round:

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
Starlit winds will gale through the city as light rains down from the sky forming a protective dome over Stormbreak. Light dazzles from above, and as it does, both Nate and Wessex will instantly be made aware that...their upgrades are malfunctioning, which is to say that they have temporarily stopped working.

"Kick them while they're down, sugar. I can't keep this up for long, but I will block their upgrades as long as I can." Safrin whispers against the shell of Ronin's ear.

For the next three rounds, ascended upgrades cannot be used within Stormbreak. Ronin has been told this, and Wessex and Nate will instantly be able to feel it.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Wessex
Well that’s…. Not good. To say the least. Not good at all. Double plus not good.

She got Nate’s message loud and clear, but their communication is cut before she can reply; further analysis tells her the backsplash is offline, and her biopulse… they don’t seem damaged, just turned off. Shaking her head to clear the unfamiliar feeling, Wessex is still heading towards Nate as she comes to the conclusion that they can either split up and try to take him on, or stay together, stay under illusions, and wait it out. And the latter, at least, seems safer if they actually want to win something for once.

Using every bit of her illusion magic, Wessex targets Nate with the sense that someone is whispering in his ear. “Then I’m not leaving either. Let’s keep moving - can you jump us around a bit? I can hide us and he can only do that supernova thing every now and then.”

Hopefully able to touch Nate by now, she sends the flicker of her own blonde head and the sound of movement by the Tower door as a further misdirection.

----------------------

Wessex stays shifted as a Kitsune and keeps heading for Nate until she can touch him. She uses Mastered Illusion magic to talk to Nate and tries to continue to misdirect Ronin with a flash of a blonde head and the sound of movement by the Tower's door.

Magic: Shadowed (FEAT) | Light magic rolls with disadvantage against Wessex.

Magic: Demi-gods (FEAT) | Rolls with advantage against Demi-gods.

Art Credit

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

Insults continue to be slung as a mark appears on Nate 's skin. There it will pulse before fading out, while illusion!Nate will soon be face to face with astral!Ronin.

In a flurry of starlight, a protective dome appears over Stormbreak unlike anything seen before (#FirstBeTheHeroUse). And yes, it is double-plus bad. Safrin doesn't remain, but her protection stands at least for a little while.

Stretching her magical muscles, Wessex must keep her focus on Nate if she is to keep them both veiled from Ronin (and presumably everyone else). Cleverly whispering in his ear despite being a multi-tailed fox, for the time being, there is little to see beneath the suddenly sprinkle of starlight over head.

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well. If you don't do this, they won't be taken into account!

**Please take into account distances and feel free to ask in your group chat if you have questions about where anyone is.

You have 24 hours to reply. Your randomly chosen posting order is: Nate, Ronin, Wessex

Nate:  413/500
Wessex: 597/627

Ronin: 617/672

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
This is bad. It’s very bad, demonstrably bad, there’s a fucking dome of shimmering starlight around the city, glittering and beautiful and hateful. It reminds Nate of the barrier, but before that thought can send white hot rage prickling under his skin it’s washed away by a tidal wave of stupid smugness. Safrin already fucked up what upgrades he had, they’d been the cost of his Demi-divinity, and with the exception of his eye he’s unaffected.

With no small amount of effort he swallows his gloating words and reaches slowly in the direction of the whisper, grabbing for something invisible so they can move easier as one. He’s not made for subtlety, not really, but Nate knows he’s stands a better chance of doing anything with Wessex, and he knows Wessex stands a better chance of doing anything with her upgrades. Still, it seems counter productive, the first few slow steps taking them closer to Ronin, then under him. Sure, it’s a stupid trick, but any advantage when the odds are, as they always have been, so stacked against them.

Nate grabs a hold of fox!Wessex and then moves, slowly and carefully so as not to disturb the illusion, behind Ronin. If he can get outside the range of the nova blast, he will

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
a knife for the ribs
It washes over him like a blanket of relief, to hear Safrin's voice, to see her work in action. "Thank you," he whispers to the starlit air, before readjusting his focus with a beat of his wings. As far as he's concerned in the web of illusions below, Nate is still approaching the Tower. Quite why he hasn't gone for the bait of his astral projection is beyond Ronin - the other man definitely seemed on a hair trigger - but no matter.

He's been given a boon, and he's going to take advantage of it.

His eyes close briefly, and when they open again... he sees Nate almost directly in front of him. (Or rather, he sees his illusion, but again, he doesn't know that yet). And so with a smooth inhale, Ronin unleashes his supernova at point blank range.

Unaware of real!Nate and Wessex's location and believing the illusion, Ronin performs a switcheroo with his astral projection and detonates a supernova.

Magic: Now You See Me | Ronin may switch places with his astral projection (when summoned). Requires a 1 post cool down.

Magic: Astral Projection | Ronin can project a version of himself into another location. He can see, hear and speak in this space, and he can affect it physically, including combat situations. If the astral projection is damaged, it can no longer physically affect the space. He may only project as far as the sub-boards adjacent to his physical location - and only if he has previously visited the board.

Magic: Supernova | A blast of celestial light emanates from Ronin in a 60ft radius. Any allies hit by the light are healed, whilst any enemies take damage (Mastered healing/damage). May be used three times per thread, with a two post cooldown.
RONIN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex
If Nate’s silence and an outstretched hand is his agreement, Wessex gives him a couple of tails to hold on to so the two of them can scooch around together (one larger illusion is easier than two, amiright?). She follows his lead until they’re under and then behind airborne Ronin - but even that isn’t enough to escape a supernova.

And maybe it’s a good thing, because as the damage runs through her small, furry body, she grits her tiny chompers and lets fake!Nate disappear, only to be replaced by auditory illusions. Gods, she hopes whatever Ronin is standing there is within her radius. There's a couple of indistinct screams and the faint sound of Gideon’s voice (she's counting on them not yet knowing he's dead), perhaps coming out from smashed windows, calling out for Help… Wessex… Inside... Killing...

------------------

Wessex keeps herself and real!Nate hidden by illusion, while fake!Nate disappears. She tries to conjure up sounds of frightened people screaming and Gideon's voice, specifically, calling out: Help, Wessex, Inside, and Killing.

Magic: Shadowed (FEAT) | Light magic rolls with disadvantage against Wessex.

Magic: Demi-gods (FEAT) | Rolls with advantage against Demi-gods.

Magic: Demi-gods Disadvantage (FEAT) | Demi-gods roll at a disadvantage against Wessex

Art Credit

Change author:
key quest

Thank fuck Edy died before this. Can you imagine if she'd just fallen to the ground like some peasant, sans explosions, because she'd been nuetrered by Safrin? Okay okay, enough about me, back to the Very Bad No Good Dome Of Starlight.

Okay, so we have Nate and his very strange dog tiptoeing through the rubble like some Scooby-Doo villains (quiet, quiet), while Ronin pulls a switcheroo and then explodes. Nate is presumably decimated into little bits of starlight (or is he, dun dun dunnnn), but either way, he's gone.

From inside the Tower calls of "..Wessex! ..killing..!" Ring out in the familiar voice of the Priest.

Nate:  355/500
Wessex: 539/627

Ronin: 672/672