doubt comes in on sticks
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
there was no where for me to stay, but I stayed anyway
HEEELPPPP It's all Ever can think to shout as he gallops just as fast as his paws can take him. Behind him prowls a jungle cat, probably pushed out of the jungle by the chill of the season, and looking for a snack. What better to eat than a young and plump pup who had absolutely no hope of getting away? Thus far the only reason Ever had been able to evade the big cat was because of how quickly he could weave and change direction, but as his little body grew tired, the big cat grew closer.

Yipping frantic barks of terror and concern, Ever tried to lean more heavily into his canine senses in the naive hope his body might somehow save him.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The air was cooler and it was like the jungle was breathing a sigh of relief. While Leafchange meant the onset of colder weather and snow for many places, Torchline wasn't one of them, but that didn't meant that they weren't thankful for the reprieve of heat even if the sun remained. It was with such thoughts that Maeve had set off into the greenery along the coast, hoping the cooler weather might have brought new bounties within the jungle for her to collect, but there was little to be found thus far.

Until a series of yips and barks reached her ears, making her pause halfway into a crouch, jade eyes scanning the tree line in an attempt to find the source. Her hearing might not have been the best, but Aidon was much better suited for such things. His head snaps towards a direction and there is only a moment of hesitation before the Nightshade is moving. There weren't dogs in these parts and all she could think that something or someone was in trouble.

Her footfalls are sure as she races along the trees, following Aidon as he flies above her, sending a sudden flash of a jungle cat in pursuit of what looked like a puppy. Maeve grabs at her whip, already winding up her wrist to crack it against the sand, smoldering feather igniting the length of the weapon. "Aidon, get between them!" She shouts and the dragon dives down, landing with a roar that's loud enough to rattle her bones, releasing a gout of flame towards the cat as she moves in to strike a blow of her own against its flank.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
All Ever is able to see is the dark shape of a dragon diving towards him. There isn't any more available fear left in his body to dedicate towards the dragon, and given that he's going to die any moment, he can't even promise himself to be appropriately terrified later.

Yipping at the sight of Maeve, Ever's way of warning her that there's a dragon! and also oh! and a cat! a big one! the puppy continues to run just as fast as he can. His clubhouse is just ahead and might be a good place to hide, but oh, if he dies there, does he really want to force Paige or Mateo to find him?

Skidding in its tracks, the large jaguar roars back at Aidon, but gives the dragon an appropriate berth. As fire licks open a wound on the creature's side, it spins, hissing loudly at Maeve and bearing long white teeth in her direction.
everest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The dragon isn't there for Ever. There are no plans to eat the pup given that he has always been more inclined towards fish. Not that Ever knows that. Maeve can only spare a glance towards the pup as he runs out of swiping reach of the jaguar. The cat is smart enough to give Aidon a wide berth, but it isn't expecting the lick of fire against his hide leg. It whips around with a hiss and she jumps back, using the extra length the whip provides her to put space between the two of them, knowing better than to stay in its reach.

Maeve sends a silent command to Aidon to release a breath towards the predator as she snaps her wrist again, attempting to land another hit against its side, hoping to scare the damn thing off. If it was hungry enough that might not be an option.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Later, when his heart has ceased its thundering, Ever will send Maeve an elaborate thank-you note and a gift basket. For right now though his instincts have fully taken over and no amount of adherence to etiquette is going to keep him still. So it as that as Maeve defends him (and saves his life), Ever runs and runs and runs until he's tucked himself under a few crates on one of the Skyboats.

Fire is not something that the jaguar, no matter how young and prideful, can beat. So it's with subsequent yowls of angry and painful protest that it tries to turn tail and run. Limping and bleeding, it makes its way back into the jungle where it will let its wounds heal in the shade. Later, should the Queen see a jaguar with silvery streaks of white fur in a fiery-splash pattern interspersed with the lines of her whip, she'll know just what caused those marks.

It was her, on the day she saved young Everest Hart's life.

~FIN
everest