{SE} important delivery
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
Having read the message on the notice board, Lilliane couldn't help but think of the deity at Hak Etme. A trek through the desert was not her preferred pastime, but doing nothing felt wrong. Still, she was well aware that she was ill-equipped for such a task. As such, she had decided to ask someone with more experience for help.

Now, reaching the border of the desert, the air slowly getting hotter and dryer, she looked over to Darkeye. "Is there anything I should keep an eye out for?" Readjusting her backpack, which was mostly filled with water, both for them to drink and to bring to the deity, she went over the directions she had been given in her head.
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can
Lilliane
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
"We have the water, what else should we need? I'm not sure what waits for us here. Wild animals could be a problem and never walk at noon. We should try to find shelter then. On the nights it gets very cold, then we can travel too. Some plants keep water or there is water close to them. If it gets too hot, be careful that you don't get sunstroke. And most desert animals in my world are poisonous. We need to be very careful." Darkeye went through his backpack the third time now. Did they have all that they needed? Darkeye wore a long black cloth like a caftan. He was happy to see the desert but worried at the same time. Too many unknown things. "I hope we don't need to eat bugs." Darkeye smiled and took his backpack on the shoulders and started to walk.
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As she was listening to Darkeye's explanations, Lilliane nodded. "I have a linen canvas with me, would that be enough for a shelter?" Saying this, she pointed to the rolled linen tied to the bottom of her backpack. Having donned a similar outfit to Darkeye and taken along a few energizing but slowly spoiling snacks as well as a wooden walking stick and a map, she felt at least somewhat prepared.

"I can't help much when it comes to dangerous wildlife," she admitted with an embarrassed smile, "but I've tried to think of other things we might need and taken them along." When Darkeye started walking, Lilliane followed his lead. "I actually haven't seen many of those water-filled bugs around the grounds recently. Let's hope there are some around here, they might save our lives if things go south."
Lilliane
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye looked at his tent on the top of his backpack. "I think so. I have a tent too if we need one. I have a compass too. You decide where we are going. Then it is better that you have it." With these words Darkeye gave Lilliane the compass.

"For that you have me and you help me to get through the desert. Deal? I'm not sure, to be honest. I have food, water, rope, a tent, firestone, some small branches, and some working tools. If we need something other then we have to get it now. Otherwise, it will be too late." Darkeye wasn't sure if they had everything they needed, but what else should they take with them? "Any ideas? I am open to that. If not we should move on."
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
At first, Lilliane took the compass offered to her and nodded to Darkeye's explanations. Then she shrugged. "I don't have any other ideas. So guess we should better get going before we lose too much time." She glanced up at the sky. "Right now, we should still have a few hours before it gets too hot." A quick glance at Darkeye, waiting for him to give his opinion on her prediction.

Regardless of his reply, further waiting would not help them anyway, so Lilliane checked the direction they had to go once more, using the compass and map. Then she started to head into the desert. Making sure to focus on navigating - the last thing they needed was getting lost once they were further inside the desert - she asked: "You seem to know your way around the desert very well. Did you live near one where you came from?"
Lilliane

Coding base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye then stowed all his luggage again it would do no good to go over it again. He was careful not to damage his leather suit, which was also in his backpack. He also made sure that his belts, were properly fastened. That he could draw his daggers, or axes at any time. Then he picked up the backpack and knew that he had to put it on right away, otherwise he would lose too much strength and endurance too quickly. He used his spear as a prop. When he had done all that, he nodded to Lillian.

Darkeye ran his gaze and then followed her at a few feet of distance. "I didn't have a home, mine was taken from me when I was a child. I moved around the world, climbed the highest mountains, and crossed salt deserts. I just don't know if it will do us much good. This world is different from mine." He was nervous and excited at the same time. He was trembling slightly, which could be noticed if you looked closely. The look of Darkeye was almost like that of a child when he entered the desert. "We're both very inventive, and you're smart and I'm strong, so I think we should be able to do this." Darkeye smiled and patted her on the shoulder as a sign that he was ready.
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
When Darkeye spoke of having lost his home as a child, Lilliane looked a bit sad. Though at the same time, she nodded. "It seems there are usually two paths those without a home take. Either they try to build a new home for themselves, or they take to a life of wandering." There was a short pause before she shrugged. "I guess they aren't that different, depending on the circumstances."

Then she gave Darkeye an encouraging smile. "Even if this place is different from your world, with all the places you've traveled I'm sure you know how to deal with unfamiliar situations." Though his next remark made her chuckle. "You know, if you're saying it like that, it would imply that you're not smart." She shook her head slightly. "I think you're plenty smart though." Maybe a bit stubborn.
Lilliane

Coding base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye looked at her and just nodded, "People's looks are very similar when you've been through something like this. Survival at almost any cost." Darkeye urged her again and helped her put the backpack on more comfortably. "Which way will be yours, or do you still have to figure that out for yourself?" He didn't know if he was asking her the question or asking himself.

"No I am many things but not smart. Otherwise, I'd be somewhere in my studs right now and rich. No. I have points of view and credos that I don't deviate from, and to smart people, they often seem stupid. But they make me do that also. But I often think myself that I am stupid because I very often want to go through the wall with my head. I often realize that myself when I write in my diary and read again." Darkeye had to smile when he remembered how he had met Lilliane. He was therefore glad when she asked him to accompany him. He started to walk then
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
For a moment, Lilliane allowed silence to fall between them as they walked. Then she spoke. "I've always been the person to make myself a new home, I guess. I'm just not sure about the where and how yet." She paused for just a moment before continuing to talk. "If I start creating something for myself, it has to be the right way and in the right place. What about you?"

She smiled at Darkeye's next remark. "Well, I suppose it's difficult to call people smart when there's no clear definition of what actually is smart. Me, I don't think that I'm smart. If I'd be, I wouldn't idle around thinking back and forth between arguments without ever making a decision." Then she shrugged. "Though I guess that could also go under 'not assertive enough' as well."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
"I've tried both ways. I had a home cozy with a pleasant fire and comfortable furniture. But it was not to last and I was drawn back to wandering. I tried to make a healthy mixture of both.  Then the great war came and I could no longer decide. Now I'm here and I have to make a new decision." Darkeye never talked about this for a long time. But the thought had been in his head for a long time too and he was ready to share it with someone.

Darkeye smiled and started laughing dan. "We all have our strengths and weaknesses. In our last conversation, you gave me a lot to think about. I would call that being assertive."
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
"I see." Lilliane had a sad expression on her face. "It's always sad when people can't decide on what to do with their own life because outside factors stop them from doing so. Then again, we are always influenced by our surroundings. So I suppose whether we view it as bad or not depends on how much it impacts our choices." She shrugged. "So there was a great war in your world? If you don't mind telling me, what was it about? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, though."

As Darkeye laughed, Lilliane smiled. "That's true. Though I just try to mention the pros and cons of everything. How other people react to that is entirely up to them."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
"Mostly it was about land as the space for elves and dwarves was getting smaller. Humans often spread out faster. Many of them make a contract for life but most dwarves live five hundred years and elves strive when they don't want to live anymore. That is, many forget the contracts of their ancestors and see it as an option to question the contract and attack. But the last war was a war of the gods. Many of us were against one but we threatened to lose it. How it looks right now I don't know." Darkeye was a little saddened that he didn't know. He wanted to know how his friends and people were doing. He slightly clenched his fist so that the white of his bones could be seen. But then he shook his hand and began to speak again "Circumstances influence and yes, but we are the ones who have the decision to change them. I didn't have to go to war." Darkeye tried to smile. For him, however, this was the only option.

"Right all a matter of interpretation. That's why I usually try to be very direct." Again Darkeye smiled.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
Lilliane
Now, Lilliane's expression turned into a more thoughtful one as she looked across the desert. "A war of the gods. Many against one. That sounds kind of similar to the situation here in Caido. Why were you fighting against that one god?" She gave Darkeye an intrigued look.

At the next part, she nodded again. "True, our decisions are always based on many factors. Where I'm from, many people have tried to learn why people act the way they act. But it's way too personal to everyone to make a general assessment about everyone." After a quick glance at the compass to make sure they were still walking in the right direction, Lilliane continued. "Why did you go to war then? Was it because you are a war priest?"

A smile crept on Lilliane's face. "Being direct can be very good. People know what to expect of you and that they can trust you. But it can just as easily offend people. Because most aren't used to others being direct. And there's a very fine line between direct and overly blunt." Then she laughed. "Now I'm doing it again."
It's always
the first step
that's the most
difficult to take

Code base by Sky

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
"This god demanded that people sacrifice body parts or emotions in exchange for power. This power corrupted many and made them downright insane. They try to free him again because he is currently imprisoned and would destroy everything that is important to me and many others out of a thirst for revenge. The Voice has made many mistakes from what I have heard so far. But there is still something different about this. I just can't put my finger on it." Darkeye looked very thoughtful and almost ran into Lilliane, but just managed to slow down.

"Yes that is one reason but not the main reason. People I cared about went to war because they believed they could influence it. I went because I wanted to help my friends. Many died or were very badly injured. I went to another front to draw fire and give them a better chance. But now I am here and I don't know what is happening in my world. You told about a big war in your world, how did people recover from so much death?" Darkeye tried to change the subject and didn't want to talk about himself anymore.

Darkeye laughed again "Yes you do but that's perfectly okay you realize it yourself and that means you have to be very self-reflective."
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky